PDA

View Full Version : Patriots 14.5 Point Favorite

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 06:56 AM
According to the MGM Mirage.

Joemailman
01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm hoping the Patriots kill the Giants. Not because I have anything against the Giants. They've played well and deserve to be there. However, if the Patriots look like they would have been beatable in the Super Bowl if the Packers had been there, I'll be thinking about what might have been.

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I already know what a Packers-Patriots Super Bowl is.

Packers 35, Patriots 21.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm hoping the Patriots kill the Giants. Not because I have anything against the Giants. They've played well and deserve to be there. However, if the Patriots look like they would have been beatable in the Super Bowl if the Packers had been there, I'll be thinking about what might have been.

I've had the same thoughts.

Maxie the Taxi
01-21-2008, 10:39 AM

I wouldn't bet against the Giants. They've got as good a chance as anybody to bring down the Pats.

As an aside, imagine the season Giant fans are having! Early disappointment. Barely making it into the playoffs as a wild card. Going into Dallas and Green Bay and kicking ass! If I were the Pats, I'd be worried about this team.

The Leaper
01-21-2008, 10:43 AM
The Giants don't stand a chance against the Pats.

Manning has played fabulous football in 3 playoff games...managing the offense to not make mistakes. He has 4 TD passes to show for it.

He'll need that many TD passes in one game to beat the Patriots. Merely managing the game to prevent turnovers isn't going to beat the Patriots.

The Patriot OL can stuff the Giants pass rush. Brady will have a field day against a weak secondary, who was fortuante Green Bay couldn't throw downfield effectively last night.

Pats 38, Giants 20

mmmdk
01-21-2008, 03:32 PM

Good grief....you're right :shock: Root for the Cheaters...oh no! :(

b bulldog
01-21-2008, 08:50 PM
The Gmen have a shot, as good as anyone imo. I'd bet on the Pats but with that spread, I don't know.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 08:56 PM
The Gmen have a shot, as good as anyone imo. I'd bet on the Pats but with that spread, I don't know.

At least I can pull for the Pats now.

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 09:30 PM
I have the Giants because they ruined our aspirations

I hope the Patriots destroy them

Partial
01-21-2008, 09:31 PM

Don't you want to know you lost to the best? Go GMen.

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 09:37 PM

Don't you want to know you lost to the best? Go GMen.\

No, I want them to fell the pain they made us feel. We are a more talented team; just not on this day.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
After the Cowboys game, Wade Phillips said, "It feels like the best team didn't win."

The Packers and Cowboys are better than Giants in press hype only. I think the Giants PROVED they are better. They have excellent running backs. Plaxico Burress is a hell of a player. And how can you argue with what their offensive and defensive lines have done!?

And the big reason they are undervalued is because people around the league don't think Eli Manning is that good. Guess what: YOU ARE WRONG. Manning outplayed both Farve and Romo. This not a fluke, he's been playing excellent ball for about a month. Manning is now better than history and his reputation would indicate.

Give it up, sore losers!

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 09:53 PM
After the Cowboys game, Wade Phillips said, "It feels like the best team didn't win."

The Packers and Cowboys are better than Giants in press hype only. I think the Giants PROVED they are better. They have excellent running backs. Plaxico Burress is a hell of a player. And how can you argue with what their offensive and defensive lines have done!?

And the big reason they are undervalued is because people around the league don't think Eli Manning is that good. Guess what: YOU ARE WRONG. Manning outplayed both Favre and Romo. This not a fluke, he's been playing excellent ball for about a month. Manning is now better than history and his reputation would indicate.

Give it up, sore losers!

The Giants proved they were the better team "yesterday". No more, no less.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2008, 09:57 PM
The teams are closely matched.

Giants are a very hot team. Playing a WHALE of a game against the Patriots, then winning THREE playoff games on the road!? No bye week. Come on, give it up. They are the top team in the NFC right now.

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 09:59 PM
The teams are closely matched.

Giants are a very hot team. Playing a WHALE of a game against the Patriots, then winning THREE playoff games on the road!? No bye week. Come on, give it up. They are the top team in the NFC right now.

They were the better team yesterday so they deserve to go the the Big Show. Kudos to the Giants

The Packers played a terrible terrible game on many levels and still almost won.

Joemailman
01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
I think the Packers at their best are better than the Giants at their best. The Packers though ran into a very hot team that is not fazed in the least about playing on the road.

Jimx29
01-21-2008, 11:14 PM
The pats haven't covered the past 5 weeks. The SB will be no different.

GrnBay007
01-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Sheridan's odds has the Pats favored by 13. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats beat them by double that. I think it will be a lame/boring SB.

The Leaper
01-22-2008, 09:27 AM

The Giants secondary is WEAK...and that is precisely the area the Patriots can most take advantage of.

The Cowboys couldn't do it because Owens was less than 100%, and Romo and Witten were too busy seeing Jessica's jugs bouncing around their memory banks.

The Packers couldn't do it because it was too cold to accurately pass deep downfield, so the Giants could drop seven and press coverage on the first 15 yards very effectively.

The Giants are a good team...but it also takes a bit of luck to get to the Super Bowl when you are a wild card team. The Giants took advatange of that luck.

In Arizona, there will be no obstacle for the Pats passing game. Brady and company will SHRED that secondary...because the Pats OL is good enough to keep the Giants front four off Brady. The luck is going to run out for the NYG. They played almost a perfect game AT HOME against the Pats a couple weeks ago and still lost. I'm doubting they can play that well again against the Pats...and they won't have the home crowd (and weather) advantage.

packinpatland
01-22-2008, 09:32 AM
I have to go for the NFC................and the fact that it's fairly well documented how I hate, dislike, loathe, get nauseated thinking about :wink: ,..............the Patriots

I don't want to know that we were beaten by the 2nd best team.

GrnBay007
01-22-2008, 10:26 AM
NEW YORK (AP) - Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was photographed Monday with what appears to be walking cast on his right foot.

The Boston Herald and Boston Globe had the photos - credited to infphoto.com - on their Web sites. A video of Brady walking with a slight limp from an SUV to girlfriend Gisele Bundchen's apartment in New York is available on TMZ.com.

The Patriots beat San Diego 21-12 on Sunday and play the New York Giants in the Super Bowl in two weeks.

"Ah, you know, there's always bumps and bruises. I'll be ready for the Super Bowl," Brady said Monday during his weekly radio appearance on WEEI - before the photo and video emerged - when asked if his leg was injured. "I'm not worried about that. I'm not missing this one. I'd have to be on a stretcher to miss this one. There will be treatment this week. In games like this, you get a little nicked up. It's nothing serious."

Patriots spokesman Stacey James wrote in an e-mail to the AP late Monday night that the team had no comment on the photos.

Brady threw three interceptions against the Chargers in one of the worst performances of what has been a record-breaking season for him. Brady has started in 124 consecutive games, the third longest streak by a quarterback in NFL history.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7705600

packinpatland
01-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Probably just a Bellechik ploy. :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
01-22-2008, 11:29 AM
The Cowboys couldn't do it because :violin:

The Packers couldn't do it because :violin:

:lol: You're whining about the Cowboy injuries, when the Giants lost most of their secondary. AND BOTH THE PACKERS AND COWBOYS HAD A BYE WEEK TO HEAL!

Before the Packer game, you were one of the people insisting that the cold would not hurt the Packers! Man, you got the hutzpah.

The Giants are a good team...but it also takes a bit of luck to get to the Super Bowl when you are a wild card team. The Giants took advatange of that luck.

the Giants beat the Packers at the line of scrimmage, both sides of the ball. The Packers got PLENTY of breaks to stay in that game - like two missed chip-shot field goals, for starters.

Brady and company will SHRED that secondary...

Maybe, maybe not. Their last meeting ended 38-35. And the Giants will have two weeks for their secondary to heal.

I am amazed at how many bad sports there are in this forum. First people are excited because that the PAckers didn't have to face Dallas. Where's the competitive spirit? Then the excitement over the many Giant injuries going into the Championship game. And now all the sore losers denying the Giants accomplishments, and wishing them ill.

denverYooper
01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Probably just a Bellechik ploy. :wink:

:lol:

That was my first thought when I saw the bit about the cast... But even if it's not a ploy, it's not like Brady thrives by relying on his mobility.

I became very apathetic about the Superbowl after last weekend. It'd be nice to see a close game but I don't care who wins any more.

:whist:

The Leaper
01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
You're whining about the Cowboy injuries, when the Giants lost most of their secondary. AND BOTH THE PACKERS AND COWBOYS HAD A BYE WEEK TO HEAL!

I'm not whining about anything. I'm pointing out that the Giants weakness...even when 100% healthy...is their secondary. The Cowboys and Packers both had difficulty attacking that segment of the Giant defense due to circumstances. Owens, a dominating receiver, was far less than 100% for the Cowboys. The weather reduced the size of the field the Packers passing game could work with. Those aspects certainly played into the Giants hands.

I'm not saying they don't belong in the Super Bowl. I'm saying they got a little lucky and they took advantage of it.

Before the Packer game, you were one of the people insisting that the cold would not hurt the Packers! Man, you got the hutzpah.

It should not have hurt them. I was unaware that our plan was going to be to go to max protect like 2006 all over again. With only 2 receivers running patterns and no running game, you can't win in the NFL.

I am amazed at how many bad sports there are in this forum. First people are excited because that the PAckers didn't have to face Dallas. Where's the competitive spirit? Then the excitement over the many Giant injuries going into the Championship game. And now all the sore losers denying the Giants accomplishments, and wishing them ill.

I was on the record as wanting to play Dallas.

I could care less about injuries regardless...they are part of the game. I never was glad about anyone's injuries...but a team should take advantage of them when they can.

I'm not wishing the Giants ill. I'm just well aware of the recent history of the Super Bowl, and I expect it to be another blow out. If it is, it won't be the Giants that win. Eli has managed the game well to this point. He can't simply avoid turnovers to win against NE. He will need to make great throws, and his relatively limited receiving corp will have to make a ton of plays. They played a perfect game more or less, AT HOME, and still lost to the Pats a couple weeks ago. If they don't play perfect in SB42, it will be an ass-whooping.

Harlan Huckleby
01-22-2008, 02:02 PM
I was on the record as wanting to play Dallas.

ok, ok, good man.

I'm just in a RARE dickish mood.