PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or did the offense seem to revert to "Dal

SudsMcBucky
01-21-2008, 07:57 AM
mode." I mean, it didn't seem like we were running the same offense, with quick slants, etc. It seemed like MM was calling for long plays down the field all night.

pbmax
01-21-2008, 08:02 AM
There were some good TE routes called and thrown in the middle. But I agree, the three and four wide sets were a mystery to me last night.

Brohm
01-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Yeah I was thinking that as well. Totally looked like the Dallas game as far as offensive (and defensive) gameplan.

run pMc
01-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Ditto. I was wondering in the 3Q what happened to all the slant routes and the short passing game. It was obvious NYG was playing pretty disciplined run D and wanted to bottle up Grant.
I thought going to a short passing game might loosen up the D, make it easier to deal with the weather, and keep out of 3rd and long (to say nothing of exposing a suspect NYG secondary).
Seemed like too many of the pass patterns were deep. I did like the bootlegs on the 1st two plays.

oregonpackfan
01-21-2008, 08:44 AM
I was puzzled why M3 abandoned the running game. Ryan Grant carried the ballonly 13 times.

The Leaper
01-21-2008, 08:48 AM
I really had problems with the offensive strategy last night. Our WRs were getting creamed at the LOS. Why not send guys in motion and run some drag or curl routes? Very vanilla offense.

However, the Giants had the right defensive strategy...beat up the WRs at the line of scrimmage and hope the pass rush/weather prevented big plays downfield. Outside of Driver's play, their strategy worked.

mmmdk
01-21-2008, 09:24 AM
McCarthy wanted to protect Favre but it didn't help Jennings and took our TEs out of the game when it counted in the second half. Let'em come and take what the blitz gives you...that does entail the QB to make good quick reads.