PDA

View Full Version : Troy Aikman sucks

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Just for you Ziggy. :wink:

Seriously, you're right Ziggy. This guy is a complete buffoon.

The only reason he's not the biggest idiot is because he's teamed with the biggest idiot.

Does anyone really believe Joe Buck would have a job other than fry cook at McDonald's if his daddy wasn't Jack Buck?

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 10:08 AM
John Madden and Al Michaels should do every game. I don't care if you have to put the rest of the games on a tape delay, but do it.

I cannot stand Aikman, Kornheiser, Buck, the whole lot of them.

Maybe we should team up Dennis Miller and Emmit Smith. :shock:

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 10:14 AM
:lol: :lol: I was literally JUST about to start this thread. Yes, he drives me freakin' NUTS. Let's cheer for whoever is winning at the time, pay no mind to the other team that is absolutely getting dominate--until they take over the lead....

Patler
01-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Aikman often has some good insights, but drives me crazy taking 15 seconds to get out a snippet worth one sentence. Every comment worth hearing has a lengthy preface before and a restatement after.
(Kind of like many of my written comments on here! :oops: :oops: )

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Aikman often has some good insights, but drives me crazy taking 15 seconds to get out a snippet worth one sentence. Every comment worth hearing has a lengthy preface before and a restatement after.

But I don't have to listen to you while I'm trying to watch the Packer game...and you're really not that verbose...

And for pity's sake we knew it was cold. We know you're cold, Troy. Quit whining about it already.

I repeat. Troy Aikman sucks.

ecwiscott
01-21-2008, 10:25 AM

Like I said he uses more words to say less than anybody I know.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 10:27 AM

Like I said he uses more words to say less than anybody I know.

If we're counting stumbling over words multiple times, than I think John Madden would challenge Aikman for that title.

FavreChild
01-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Did you hear one of the classic Aikman-isms last night when he called it a "tie-tie score?"

He is god-awful.

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
And to think we're going to have to listen to these two morons announce the Super Bowl.

Can't Fox dig up Curt Gowdy's rotting corpse or something?

Freak Out
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I loathe Buck and Troy Boy....horrible announcers and they have called some horrific Packer defeats. I wont even start with the Non HD local FOX douche bags..... :evil:

Joemailman
01-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Better than listening to Phil Simms, in my opinion. I mean, that guy never shuts up.

packinpatland
01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Aikman and Buck were subtle and sometimes not so subtle in their biases last night. It was obvious who they were pulling for.

Cheesehead Craig
01-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Bring back Dan Fouts!
*clap**clap* *clap clap clap*

Bring back Dan Fouts!
*clap**clap* *clap clap clap*

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Better than listening to Phil Simms, in my opinion. I mean, that guy never shuts up.
Simms is VERY annoying and adds nothing to the broadcast.

He's still crying about Brady breaking his post season completion percentage for one game.

You could take Aikman, Simms, Johnston, Baldinger, and Dierdorf and throw them out of the booth. Literally.

I'd rather hear Tony Siragusa. He doesn't say anything intelligent, but he's way more entertaining than those idiots.

superfan
01-21-2008, 10:22 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought at one point Acheman said that the Giants beat Denver on the road for the opportunity to face GB. You would think he could at least remember the name of his former team. :roll:

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Then he'd have to admit they got beat...

Freak Out
01-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought at one point Acheman said that the Giants beat Denver on the road for the opportunity to face GB. You would think he could at least remember the name of his former team. :roll:

He played to long...one to many shots to the noggin.

Jimx29
01-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Did you hear one of the classic Aikman-isms last night when he called it a "tie-tie score?"

He is god-awful.Not to be outdone, Pam Oliver reported on the heaters on the NY sidelines and proclaimed that the heat blowing on the NY side if freezing :roll:

GrnBay007
01-21-2008, 11:31 PM
My Rant......and I guess it's not just at Aikman but he was involved on Sunday. OK, so 3/4 of the people at home watching the game really wish they could be there. BUT, while sitting at home watching it on TV, why don't they let us see them call out the players names and see them run through the tunnel? While that is going on, we have to sit there and listen to Buck/Aikman go blah blah blah. I don't care what they have to say at that point. Everyone is excited to watch the game, and seeing the players come out on the field is cool, IMO.

cpk1994
01-22-2008, 06:22 AM

He is god-awful.Not to be outdone, Pam Oliver reported on the heaters on the NY sidelines and proclaimed that the heat blowing on the NY side if freezing :roll:If you listened to entire spiel, she said that the benches that Giants brought in for themselves were not working correctyly and in fact blowing freezing air. She didn't do anything wrong on that one.

packinpatland
01-22-2008, 07:02 AM
They brought in their own benches??? I didn't hear that.

So....having said that...........when a team plays a warm weather team such as AZ, do they get to bring in canapies to cover the sidelines?
When GB played AZ in Tempe, GB had to wear their home uniforms and sit on the sunny side of the field...............it was 102 at game time.

PackerBlues
01-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Perhaps some day, listening to morons like Buck and Aikmen will be an option that you can turn off during a game. I was thinking pretty much the same damned thing throughout the game........"Why in the world should we have to listen to such ass-clowns?" At times, they just seemed to babble, just to have something to do, other than freeze their asses off.

I do have to think that at least it was better than listening to Madden and Summerall. Madden never shut his mouth, yet rarely added any intelligent commentary..........Turduken anyone? Summerall was so damned Senile, that he never even seemed to know which two teams he was supposed to be commenting on.

Years ago, my friends and I would turn down the volume on the TV and listen to the radio coverage of the game while watching it. It almost seems to me, that the commentary on Television has been dumbed down way to much for the casual fan. When was the last time that you turned up your television while thinking "Gee, I cannot wait to hear what this jackass has to say next"??? But then, you really have to wonder about the intelligence behind a lot of what we see for football coverage these days...........how many times have we all had to watch that Caliendo dork do his Madden imitation? If I have seen it once, it was one to many times......how do idiots like that even get on television in the first place?

cpk1994
01-22-2008, 08:45 AM
They brought in their own benches??? I didn't hear that.

So....having said that...........when a team plays a warm weather team such as AZ, do they get to bring in canapies to cover the sidelines?
When GB played AZ in Tempe, GB had to wear their home uniforms and sit on the sunny side of the field...............it was 102 at game time.

Yes. Oliver reported at the beginning of the game that the Giants didn't like the benches the Packers provided so they rented their own. Then they malfunctioned. She was following up on her own story.

packinpatland
01-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Should just be a perk to having 'home field advantage'............the ability to freeze your oppenent's asses off!
Were the bench rentals from locals? :lol: