PDA

View Full Version : Where is my new Tauscher thread?

Patler
01-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Started a new one that seems to have disappeared. Tauscher may have sucked or not sucked in the running game, I don't know, but:

Strahan - 2 tackles, 0 sacks, 0hits/hurries.

Another fine performance, with or without help, against a very good pass rusher.

cpk1994
01-21-2008, 03:10 PM
He has owned Strahan pretty much every time they faced off.

Patler
01-21-2008, 03:13 PM
He has owned Strahan pretty much every time they faced off.

and Peppers and a few others, including Kerney last week.
The man is an extremely effective pass blocker when healthy.

packers11
01-21-2008, 03:14 PM
yea I agree he did a great job... A lot of the time M3 had multiple people in to help though, I don't know why...

They should have tried the 5 wide no huddle... Coulda woulda shoulda... O well... :huh:

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Tauscher is a gamer

MM's lack of confidence in the rest of the OL played right into the Giants strength.

Keeping the TE and RB's in to pass block...........PHOOOOOEY

Freak Out
01-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Tauscher is a gamer

MM's lack of confidence in the rest of the OL played right into the Giants strength.

Keeping the TE and RB's in to pass block...........PHOOOOOEY

Yes....stick with what got you to the dance..did they try just the one slant all night? Put Favre in the shotgun and let him wing it fast.

oregonpackfan
01-21-2008, 09:34 PM
I saw Tauscher several times in pass protection against Strahan. He looked great.

Tauscher also showed good hustle on the interception where he recovered the fumble. He was 20 yards downfield from the line of scrimmage.

Bossman641
01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
I dunno what it is about Tauscher. When you watch him play he doesn't look that impressive, not technically at least. But he just seems to have this knack to absorb the DE's blows and keep them at a standstill.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2008, 09:50 PM
He's got a low center of gravity. (what a kind way of calling somebody a fat ass! :lol: ) Guy is just solid as a rock. I think he's plenty strong, and he moves real well. Damn, that was an impressive game for him. Nobody was getting anything on him.

motife
01-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Tauscher is also the best interviewee of any Packer. If you ever see his (rare) video interviews at Packers.com, it's always worth watching if you like a 2 by 4 to the face of blunt reality.

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/recent/

Chad Clifton NEVER gives interviews. But he did the week before the game. Like a Yeti sighting.

Other good inteviewees : Scott Wells, Jason Spitz, Brady Poppinga, Ruvell Martin, Greg Jennings, James Jones

Most boring : Favre, A.J. Hawk, Daryn Colledge, Charles Woodson

twoseven
01-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Patler,

With Faneca talk floating lightly around the forum, and age and dollars right there with it, I have a Tauscher question for you..Tausch's contract (based on the data I have) expires after next season when he'll be 31. What kind of deal does he get considering his age, effectiveness, and what kind of years and dollars might you guess TT gives up to keep him? Are we the only team that will covet him? Clifton is up year after next at age 33, any thoughts you have on him are appreciated as well. We may not go after Faneca for numerous reasons, but I'm more concerned what it may take to keep our own, if we still want them.

Patler
01-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Patler,

With Faneca talk floating lightly around the forum, and age and dollars right there with it, I have a Tauscher question for you..Tausch's contract (based on the data I have) expires after next season when he'll be 31. What kind of deal does he get considering his age, effectiveness, and what kind of years and dollars might you guess TT gives up to keep him? Are we the only team that will covet him? Clifton is up year after next at age 33, any thoughts you have on him are appreciated as well. We may not go after Faneca for numerous reasons, but I'm more concerned what it may take to keep our own, if we still want them.

Nothing but unsubstantiated guess-work on my part, but:......

Assuming nothing happens to him in 2008, and his play stays about where it is, I would expect to see Tauscher sign a shorter term deal, maybe 3 years, for similar money to what he gets now on a per season basis. Heck, the guy is living every kid's dream. Played for his state University, now plays professionally right in his childhood backyard, practically. He has been well paid. I don't expect to see him push for the last dollar available to him. As long as the Packers offer fair deals, he will stay. I expect the Packers will want to keep him as long as he remains good enough to be the starter, and he will want to play for GB as long as he can. I don't foresee a bidding war taking him somewhere else.

Clifton is a different matter. He has some chronic physical issues with knees and ankles. He might be about done after 2009. He has said he wants to play 10 years, and that would give him 10. He might be willing to call it a career at that point. Maybe he will stay on with one year contracts paying him the going rate for better left tackles, but he could get lured away if a Rivera-type offer is made to him by someone who is desperate.

This could change for either if the Packers really hit on a tackle in the draft. The packers may chose to move on, especially with Clifton in 2 years.

MJZiggy
01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I could see the Packers letting Clifton go long before I could see them allowing Tausch to go anywhere. He's healthier and it seems like Clifton has more penalties.

Motife, I also love Al's interviews, especially if the interviewer isn't really good or he sniffs new blood...

And Patler, I'm glad you found your thread...

woodbuck27
01-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Mark Tauscher looked just great overall.

I was surprized to see him so far downfield on that fumble recovery but that was one of my most exciting Packer moments all game. I had about 6-8 of them. Maybe I'm exagerating?

Did we make that many great plays?

PACKERS FOREVER!

The Leaper
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't see Clifton lasting more than 2 more years. He's a finesse LT who is already starting to struggle with the younger speed guys. He can't move inside to extend his career.

Tauscher is a fundamentally sound OL player. He's got enough of a mean streak that he could be moved inside to extend his career. I think GB could get another 3-4 years out of Tauscher.