PDA

View Full Version : like 95' we are 1 year away

dissident94
01-21-2008, 04:47 PM
I was telling my wife before the game that this team is one year away. The problem was we got homefield and had the chance to go to the SB so it makes it disappointing, but we went from 4-12 to 8-8 to 13-3. That is a pretty fast rise. If Favre stays and we do anything at all in the offseason we will be better, more experience for the younger guys and better all around. Next year could be a 96' calaber team with a few additions.

What I see is a few more playmakers on Defense. Yesterday needed to be won by the defense and they couldn't make big plays. A playmaking safety and pass rushers are needed.

On offense we need to pay some money for a guard that fits our scheme. Groom College for left tackle, groom moll for Right tackle. But get a starter in guard. Draft a speedster rb somewhere. Someone who can be a change of pace to Grant as well.

A few holes to fill, and we will be favored to go next year all the way

Last point, we were not going to beat New England. And Super Bowl losers never do well the following year.

packinpatland
01-21-2008, 05:49 PM
That's it! Next year we're in!

packers11
01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
That's it! Next year we're in!

370 something more days... :(

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow

In this case tomorrow is being used figuratively, not literally. :D

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
And now I have that song stuck in my head. Thank you whoever invented the MP3 and an instant way to erase Tomorrow.

packinpatland
01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
What's that Tom Hanks line from the movie 'Castaway'.................something to the effect............'Tomorrow, the sun will rise'.

MadtownPacker
01-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Trying to keep my head up but it aint easy cuz 1 year can turn into 10.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 06:31 PM
What's that Tom Hanks line from the movie 'Castaway'.................something to the effect............'Tomorrow, the sun will rise'.

And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?

Perhaps the "tide" can be translated to the draft and FA? :D

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't buy the next year theory.

They had the horses to go to super bowl this year. They were relatively lucky with injuries.

Next year is hopeful of course. But you never know.

packers11
01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't buy the next year theory.

They had the horses to go to super bowl this year. They were relatively lucky with injuries.

Next year is hopeful of course. But you never know.

Im right with you... Look at the Colts... They had all the places in piece to repeat... Harrison went down, Freeney went down... Good-bye to the season...

dissident94
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
You guys are right about next year.
We had the chance to go this year and failed.
Before the playoffs started I was thinking that it reminded me like the 90s again. We were rising but still not their yet to be a championship team and with luck could be the following year. Then we get homefield and that changed. But I still think next year we will be better. COuld injuries happen, yes. Could things fall apart, yes. That is why the loss hurts. We were close and failed.

BUT we were not going to beat New England. Next year with a good off season we would have a better chance.

b bulldog
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm up in the air on this. wE WILL BE RELYING ON A 39 YEAR OLD qb, we will have two corners that are beginning to get injured often and are getting old, our passrush is average to go along with those old corners also. We were also pretty good in the injury front this year, actually it has been two years in a row, that usually seems to go full circle. That would be my pessimistic side where my optimistic side would tell me that we really only have the chance of losing a rotation DL, we will have $24 mil in cap space and Brett seems to be playing more disciplined with MM. We also have lots of youth on this team and MM and TT seem to have something good going here.