PDA

View Full Version : What was worse for you...

packers11
01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
The Eagles playoff loss...

or

The playoff loss vs the Giants...

For me it would be this loss vs the Giants because we were one game away from the big show... Even though the 4th and 26 play did hurt a lot, and the packers did outplay the eagles, I think the packers didn't even show up for the giants game (which makes it even worse)...

b bulldog
01-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Mine was the Eagles loss because I think that tyeam was a better team than this team.

packinpatland
01-21-2008, 07:06 PM
This one, because it would have meant a Pack/Pat rematch........and I think, had we won, we had momentum.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
This one is easy.

The Packers got beat last night by a team that played with more heart, or at least was more physical at line of scrimmage. I admire what the Giants have done in post-season. I think the Packers would beat the Giants under better conditions for the passing game. But I just give it up to the Giants for this win.

The Philly loss was cruel. The Packers played tough, screwed-up on a couple plays, and lose against all odds. Terrible.

The Shadow
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
The Philly loss was more depressing.
However, both losses seem to have the same common denominator, which is very disturbing.

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
This one, hands down. Because we would have went to the Big Show. And we lost to a team we should have defeated at home. Not even close.

Good chance we'd have lost the next game after Phily anyways.

Joemailman
01-21-2008, 07:57 PM
What B said. If the Packers had won last night, they would be in the Super Bowl. Even if the Pack had beaten the Eagles, they would have had to win at Carolina to get there.

esoxx
01-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I think the Packers would beat the Giants under better conditions for the passing game.

They did, 35-13 in the Meadowlands.

oregonpackfan
01-21-2008, 09:25 PM
The Eagles loss is the most depressing for me. The phrase "4th and 26" will always be a haunting ghost in my Packer fan memory.

I still remember the "4th and 26" conversion play. My buddy and I looked at each other and disgustedly said that phrase, "4th and 26."

Partial
01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
The Eagles loss was more depressing because it was like they were a team of destiny. They had the game in their reach and they lost it. This one they just stunk it up imo.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Both were hard, but Sunday's game takes the cake. Both had the say ending (overitme pick), but this was a much bigger game and was at home.

LL2
01-22-2008, 08:43 AM
The Eagles loss was harder to get over. It has to be the 4th and 26 play that gives that game the edge. A loss sucks now matter what though!

pbmax
01-22-2008, 10:52 AM
There was pretty good weather in Dallas and the Giants defense throttled the Romoboys as well.

This is not the Giants defense of Week 2 and the weather had nothing to do with it. If the Packers could resurrect a running game within 7 weeks, the Giants could resurrect a defense in 16 weeks.

Eagles game by far because that game was in hand. The Packers never had the Giants on the ropes.

I think the Packers would beat the Giants under better conditions for the passing game.

They did, 35-13 in the Meadowlands.

BallHawk
01-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Without a doubt 4th and 26.

After winning 4 straight in December, the Oakland game, the death of Irv, we felt like we were a team of destiny. And then that one play. 26 Goddamn yards in one play. And then the INT to Dawkins and the FG by Akers to win it. It doesn't help that Philly fans are easily the most obnoxious fans in the country.

This loss we had our chances. We had multiple oppurtunities to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. And what did we do? We blew every opportunity. We lost to the better team, at least for that one night.

Partial
01-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I will say the whole not watching it live probably made this one a lot easier to take. I knew what had happened before watching the 2nd half.

fan4life
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
I will never get over Sherman wimping out of going for it on 4th down against the Eagles. That loss will always represent the demeanor of someone afraid to grab the brass ring, hoping it will just fall in his lap.

What I love about MM is that he isn't afraid to play aggressively. I have no doubt GB will get their shots at winning championships under his watch.

packinpatland
01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
I will never get over Sherman wimping out of going for it on 4th down against the Eagles. That loss will always represent the demeanor of someone afraid to grab the brass ring, hoping it will just fall in his lap.

What I love about MM is that he isn't afraid to play aggressively. I have no doubt GB will get their shots at winning championships under his watch.

No need to :beat: but why didn't he call the run more??????

denverYooper
01-22-2008, 12:30 PM
I voted for the Giants game b/c it's fresh and b/c Phoenix is driving distance from here.

My answer will probably change after 6 months, though.

hurleyfan
01-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Without a doubt 4th and 26.

After winning 4 straight in December, the Oakland game, the death of Irv, we felt like we were a team of destiny. And then that one play. 26 Goddamn yards in one play. And then the INT to Dawkins and the FG by Akers to win it. It doesn't help that Philly fans are easily the most obnoxious fans in the country.

This loss we had our chances. We had multiple oppurtunities to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. And what did we do? We blew every opportunity. We lost to the better team, at least for that one night.

Agree!

GBRulz
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
I'd have to say Philly, no doubt. We were watching the GB Packers that game. I'm not sure who we were watching against the Giants.

Joemailman
01-22-2008, 02:14 PM
I'd have to say Philly, no doubt. We were watching the GB Packers that game. I'm not sure who we were watching against the Giants.

Ouch! Good to see you posting though. I was afraid you might have found a good bridge to jump off of. :wink:

GBRulz
01-22-2008, 02:20 PM

Ouch! Good to see you posting though. I was afraid you might have found a good bridge to jump off of. :wink:

I shouldn't even joke, but the Leo Frigo bridge has signs all along it with suicide hotline information. With the way the mood was yesterday in Titletown, it probably saved a few !

woodbuck27
01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I really felt we could or should beat the Giants despite their awesome record as Road Warriors this season and fact that they we're a dangerous team in respect to QB sacks and harassing the QB generally.

I felt that our DL would sto0p their run and then our CB's would do well Vs Burres and Toomer.

Yea right!! Al Harris was sad sacked in that game.He looked the fool over and over and Tom Coughlan was foolish not to go against Al Harris more for the kill shots.It was there all the way all game.

Charles Woodson was off in his timing as well. I kept witing for him tom jump a pass and waite and waited to take a pick to the house.

NO DAM WAY. He didn,t play with the balls I expected fr. him.That's why he gets the big bucks not to prissy around the field like some Prima Ballerina. Good GOD our CB's looked bad as a tandem and Burres just made Harris look terrible.

A real David (Al Harris) Vs Goliath (Plaxico Burress) match-up and David left his sling at home or couldn't dig it out of his back pocket? Time and time again Burress dominated Al Harris. I'm gueassing that Al Harris wasn't watcghing Howie Long at half time to make some adjustment on what wasn't going to ever work against this talented and physically gifted WR.

'' Get the H out of my way Al. I have a Super Bowl Date. '' Plaxico Burress to Al Harris

Al Harris.He needs a haircut as all that's slowing him down.

Badgerinmaine
01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Definitely the loss to the Eagles. The Giants game never seemed like it was in the bag to me, but the Eagles game stunned me because I felt sure it was won.