PDA

View Full Version : High TV Rating for Packers game

oregonpackfan
01-22-2008, 09:42 AM
The Packers-Giants game last Sunday received a 31.7 overnight rating on Fox, the highest rating for any television broadcast since last year's Super Bowl.

The rating also was the highest for an NFL conference championship game since 1996.

The Leaper
01-22-2008, 09:59 AM
That was the perfect matchup for FOX. Green Bay always brings in high ratings, and the Giants brought in the massive NY market...and the game was viewed as one that would be very competitive.

Expect lots of Green Bay in prime time next season.

HarveyWallbangers
01-22-2008, 10:05 AM
The rating also was the highest for an NFL conference championship game since 1996.

Another game that the Packers played in.
:D

packinpatland
01-22-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm thinking the SB may not have such good ratings. I live on the east coast, am guilty of bias...................and will not be watching.

Harlan Huckleby
01-22-2008, 12:15 PM
how can you not watch the Super Bowl?

packinpatland
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm thinking it won't be that difficult.

twoseven
01-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Not to belittle our boys. But, with the writer's strike going on, what other non-repeat, must-see television was happening that evening? Same question for the SB in two weeks, is 'Survivor: North Korea' starting up?

Harlan Huckleby
01-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I can see that if you lived in Poland when Germany conquered your country, you might root against the Germans when they invaded France.

But not watching the Super Bowl because your team lost a playoff game? Hell, I rooted for the Bears last year because they come from the NFC North.

Maybe I am being a bit of an asshole, refusing to feel the pain of the more diehard Packer fans. I have a more light-hearted approach to sports, I mostly just apprecite a good game.

CaliforniaCheez
01-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Right now I will not be watching the Superbowl. It will the first since I was out of the country. I sure won't be watching ESPN with their New York/Boston excesses. Who would I want to win?? Why do they extend halftime with a stupid alleged musical act that no one likes?? Who cares about the halftime dancers?? You are a very sad individual if you think Super Bowl commercials are entertaining.

This hurts much worse than 95.

I won't be contributing to the ratings of the bowl this year.

Probowl I will watch.

packinpatland
01-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I can see that if you lived in Poland when Germany conquered your country, you might root against the Germans when they invaded France.

But not watching the Super Bowl because your team lost a playoff game? Hell, I rooted for the Bears last year because they come from the NFC North.

Maybe I am being a bit of an asshole, refusing to feel the pain of the more diehard Packer fans. I have a more light-hearted approach to sports, I mostly just apprecite a good game.

It's not just because 'my' team lost a playoff game... it's because the Patriots are in it. I've turned down tickets to Pats games this year....several times... and I love football.

oregonpackfan
01-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I will be watching the Superbowl for several reasons:

1. I like to get together with friends for the cameraderie.

2. I like watching pro football.

3. I like celebrating an annual American ritual(not that you have to celebrate football to be considered an American).

This time I will also watch it because I may see what may be the greatest NFL team to ever play football win the Super Bowl.

packinpatland
01-23-2008, 08:37 AM
The Packers-Giants game last Sunday received a 31.7 overnight rating on Fox, the highest rating for any television broadcast since last year's Super Bowl.

The Green Bay Packers are clearly 'America's Team'. :pack:

LL2
01-23-2008, 09:36 AM
A lot of Packer games were broadcasted outside of the Wisconsin TV market, and much has to do with Favre's popularity. Favre is the star that draws attention to the team. He's pretty much the identity of the Packers. I wonder if the Packers will lose their luster when Favre retires. GB does not have a household name outside of Favre. The Packers will be a tough sell when he retires, but not to the Packer faithful.

denverYooper
01-23-2008, 09:50 AM

The Green Bay Packers are clearly 'America's Team'. :pack:

Yeah! No matter what Scary Jerry Jones says.

The Leaper
01-23-2008, 11:37 AM
The Packers will be a tough sell when he retires, but not to the Packer faithful.

The Packer nation is fairly large...if the team remains successful, even without Favre, they won't be a tough sell.

A tough sell is Atlanta right now.

gex
01-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I will be watching the Superbowl for several reasons:

This time I will also watch it because I may see what may be the greatest NFL team to ever play football win the Super Bowl.

The Greatest team Ever got knocked out last week! :D

Harlan Huckleby
01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
What's so special about San Diego?

Packers4Ever
01-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm thinking the SB may not have such good ratings. I live on the east coast, am guilty of bias...................and will not be watching.

Might be a great day for shopping, pip, spring's coming! :wink: