MJZiggy
01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Link?

Cheesehead Craig
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Front page, CNN.com

GoPackGo
01-22-2008, 04:19 PM
I was really looking forward to watching him play the new Joker in the new Batman movie. I wonder if the movie is already filmed and he's still the Joker?

Cheesehead Craig
01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
My understanding is that the movie is in post-production so he's all finished with it anyways.

GBRulz
01-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Actor Heath Ledger found dead

The Associated Press

NEW YORK — Australian-born actor Heath Ledger was found dead today at a downtown Manhattan residence, and police said drugs may have been a factor. He was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let him know the masseuse had arrived found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

Ledger was nominated for an Oscar for “Brokeback Mountain,” where he met his wife, actress Michelle Williams, in 2005. Ledger and Williams had lived in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda; they split up last year.

Ledger was to appear as the Joker this year in “The Dark Night,” a sequel to 2005’s “Batman Begins.” He’s had starring roles in “A Knight’s Tale” and “The Patriot,” and played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in “Monster’s Ball.”

Ledger grew up in Perth, and began doing amateur theater at age 10. At 16, he moved to Sydney to pursue an acting career, quickly landing TV movie roles and guest spots on Australian television.

After several independent films and a starring role in the short-lived Fox TV series “Roar,” Ledger moved to Los Angeles and costarred in “10 Things I Hate About You,” a teen comedy reworking of “The Taming of the Shrew.”

Offers for other teen flicks came his way, but Ledger turned them down, preferring to remain idle than sign on for projects he didn’t like.

“It wasn’t a hard decision for me,” Ledger told the Associated Press in 2001. “It was hard for everyone else around me to understand. Agents were like, ‘You’re crazy,’ my parents were like, ‘Come on, you have to eat.“’

His latest role was in “I’m Not There,” in which he played one of the many incarnations of Bob Dylan — as did Cate Blanchett, whose performance in that film earned an Oscar nomination today for best supporting actress.

GBRulz
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I was so shocked when I heard the news. So sad. :cry:

LL2
01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
I was so shocked when I heard the news. So sad. :cry:

Same here. He was a really good actor. I liked a lot of his movies.

packinpatland
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Don't imagine too many of you saw 'Brokeback Mountain', but he was superb.

Only 28.

MJZiggy
01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
I was just thinking that I need to rent that...

Tyrone Bigguns
01-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Tyrone is saddened. Left behind a child.

Tyrone also thinks Michelle Williams is cute and a fine actress. Tyrone may go a courtin'. Tyrone likes single mom's. They aren't so picky.

GBRulz
01-23-2008, 12:23 AM

Only 28.

Yeah, he was. I also loved him in "10 Things I hate about you". Kind of his breakout role.

oregonpackfan
01-23-2008, 12:39 AM

Only 28.

The movie certainly generated a lot of controversy. Heath Ledger's acting was indeed outstanding.

packinpatland
01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
The media makes me sick. If he had been wearing plaid pj's, would they have reported that?

Harlan Huckleby
01-23-2008, 06:56 PM
It seems like the women in particular are moved by the passing of this guy. Was he a heart throb?

packinpatland
01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't consider him a heart throb. My daughters (ages 22-30) didn't. He simply had an appeal.........no glitz, no glamor...........

Jimx29
01-23-2008, 08:02 PM
They found a 20$ bill rolled up w/probable cocaine on it, and among other things found: oxycontin, zanax, vicoden

also, take a look at one of his last interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKa-aDga1fE

I got high just watching him twitch and squirm around. :roll:

He was also last seen this past weekend hanging out in London with Kate Moss and Amy Whinerhouser. Not so good of company

Joemailman
01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
NYPD has reported that the $20 bill tested negative for drug residue. No illegal drugs were found in the apartment. Xanax was one of the prescription drugs found in his room. If he had pneumonia, as had been reported, taking Xanax would seem to be a bad combination.

MJZiggy
01-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey Mike, if he was taking xanax, and had pneumonia, might the substance on the $20 bill have been crushed quetiapine and the problem have been hypotension or oversedation? I'm just making a wild guess and of course we won't know anything until the autopsy report comes out anyway...

Iron Mike
01-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey Mike, if he was taking xanax, and had pneumonia, might the substance on the $20 bill have been crushed quetiapine and the problem have been hypotension or oversedation?

It's a possibility:

Xanax may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Xanax should never be shared with another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow the pill whole. It is specially made to release medicine slowly in the body. Breaking the pill would cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Measure the liquid form of Xanax with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.

Iron Mike
01-23-2008, 10:53 PM
They found a 20$ bill rolled up w/probable cocaine on it, and among other things found: oxycontin, xanax, vicodin

http://www.oxyabusekills.com/otherdrugs.html

Amazing........all three prescriptions show up in this link.

Kiwon
01-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Why are people worshiping this guy?

Hollywood can target any segment of society with impunity but when a video turns up with Heath Ledger discussing his drug use it is suddenly sacrilegious and they protest its airing.

Funny how the "I don't believe in judgment" crowd cannot honestly look at themselves in a mirror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgB6z2wCUPc

packinpatland
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Why are people worshiping this guy?

Hollywood can target any segment of society with impunity but when a video turns up with Heath Ledger discussing his drug use it is suddenly sacrilegious and they protest its airing.

Funny how the "I don't believe in judgment" crowd cannot honestly look at themselves in a mirror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgB6z2wCUPc

I wouldn't call it 'worship'. It's just a really sad situation.
I don't understand the mirror thing............

Kiwon
01-31-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't understand the mirror thing............

They promote a lifestyle where there is no right, no wrong, and above all, no judgment. But when one of their own falls victim to the lifestyle they embrace it becomes a taboo subject. That's the mirror they don't want to look into because it reflects a reality that they don't want to see,

Hollywood can advocate all kinds of social causes and lecture to the broader society through message movies, but their intolerance for reality is incredible. Heath Ledger was a cocaine and heroine addict that probably died due to his drug use. Had he not been an actor, no one would have noticed. But he was a good actor and played film characters/roles that agreed with Hollywood values. Somehow that and his sudden death has raised him to demigod status.