01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Look at the losses this team has taken over the past 10 years

1. 97 - Super Bowl loss against Denver when we were 14 (??) point favorites
2. 98 - Young to Owens
3. 01 - 6 int game against Rams
4. 02 - Home loss to Atlanta
5. 03 - 4th and 26
6. 07 - OT loss to Giants

Has any team had a more depressing playoff decade then the Packers? Look at those games, so many disheartening losses.

I need a drink

Joemailman
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Beats being a Lions fan.

MJZiggy
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I suddenly feel so much better...

Bossman641
01-22-2008, 07:50 PM
I suddenly feel so much better...

Haha, sorry

packers11
01-22-2008, 07:56 PM
The last are so heart breaking...

I could be watching our team and all the Superbowl coverage they would be getting, but instead ESPN is banned from my T.V since the media jumped off the bandwagon. :(

Bretsky
01-22-2008, 07:57 PM
this thread is like kicking ourselves when already down. Ouch

b bulldog
01-22-2008, 08:28 PM
We are a good team but now we need playmakers, mostly on D.

Joemailman
01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Agreed. We were so close Sunday night. We just couldn't get a game changing play on defense. Had 2 leads in the 2nd half (10-6 and 17-13), but the defense couldn't make a key stop.

Bretsky
01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Agreed. We were so close Sunday night. We just couldn't get a game changing play on defense. Had 2 leads in the 2nd half (10-6 and 13-10), but the defense couldn't make a key stop.

Our dominant defense was dysfunctional Sunday

b bulldog
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
I've been stating that against the really good teams, our D is not dominant at all.

HarveyWallbangers
01-22-2008, 08:57 PM
If you makes the playoffs and don't win the Super Bowl, your last game is going to be disheartening. We've had close ones and blowouts. There are many teams in the same boat (Seahawks, Giants, Eagles, Vikings, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Jaguars, Bears, etc.)

Bretsky
01-22-2008, 09:00 PM
If you makes the playoffs and don't win the Super Bowl, your last game is going to be disheartening. We've had close ones and blowouts. There are many teams in the same boat (Seahawks, Giants, Eagles, Vikings, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Jaguars, Bears, etc.)

Honestly I'd feel better if we got our asses kicked; I'm sure I'd still be upset

But we played like complete horseshit and barely lost. That makes it hurt more

oregonpackfan
01-22-2008, 09:44 PM
It's better to make it to the playoffs and lose rather than not make it to the playoffs at all. Let's not forget the Packers not only made it to the NFC Championship game. They barely lost the game in overtime.

Bossman641
01-22-2008, 09:54 PM

I agree that every loss in the playoffs is disheartening, but I highly doubt that any of those teams have lost in the manner the Packers have.

2 ridiculously fluke plays, 2 overtime losses

GBRulz
01-23-2008, 12:29 AM
I sometimes wonder what would have happened if there had been instant replay in 1998. TO wouldn't have become a household name overnight, that's for sure.

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2008, 02:28 AM
I agree that every loss in the playoffs is disheartening, but I highly doubt that any of those teams have lost in the manner the Packers have.

2 ridiculously fluke plays, 2 overtime losses

Seattle lost to us in OT, and got jobbed by the officials in the Super Bowl. The Eagles made 3 or 4 NFC title games in a row and lost. They finally got to the Super Bowl and lost. The Vikings had the Falcons game and they also lost 41-0 to the Giants in the NFC Championship. The Raiders lost on the tuck rule and lost in the Super Bowl. I think the home fans tend to think their losses are more disheartening. The Colts had a lot of close call losses.

The Leaper
01-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Agreed. We were so close Sunday night. We just couldn't get a game changing play on defense. Had 2 leads in the 2nd half (10-6 and 17-13), but the defense couldn't make a key stop.

We didn't need a defensive stop.

If we had put together ONE OFFENSIVE DRIVE in the 4th Q or OT we'd have won the game.

Yeah, the defense wasn't great...but they were on the field for 40 minutes and gave up basically the same number of points the Giants defense gave up in 20 minutes.

I'm more disappointed in our offense than our defense.

The Leaper
01-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Has any team had a more depressing playoff decade then the Packers? Look at those games, so many disheartening losses.

Try asking Buffalo Bills fans about the early 90s.

Bossman641
01-23-2008, 08:27 AM

Try asking Buffalo Bills fans about the early 90s.

OK, that I'll agree with.

But the last 10 years have been horrible.

The Leaper
01-23-2008, 08:28 AM
2. 98 - Young to Owens
5. 03 - 4th and 26

The only games out of those I found upsetting were 2, 5 and 6. 2 wasn't really our fault either...the damn refs gave the game away. 5 and 6 were our fault, which is depressing...but we've had our share of playoff wins in that time as well.

We could be Cowboys fans...they haven't won ANY playoff games in the decade of time you mention. That would be a hell of a lot more depressing IMO.

Bossman641
01-23-2008, 08:30 AM
2. 98 - Young to Owens
5. 03 - 4th and 26

The only games out of those I found upsetting were 2, 5 and 6. 2 wasn't really our fault either...the damn refs gave the game away. 5 and 6 were our fault, which is depressing...but we've had our share of playoff wins in that time.

We could be Cowboys fans...they haven't won ANY playoff games in the decade of time you mention. That would be a hell of a lot more depressing IMO.

I'd say 1,2,5, and 6. The 6 INT game was more embarassing then anything else, and the Packers team that lost at home to Atlanta was a shell of itself.

mmmdk
01-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Beats being a Lions fan.

Yup, I just googled it up, we're not the Lions! :P

denverYooper
01-23-2008, 10:22 AM
2. 98 - Young to Owens
5. 03 - 4th and 26

The only games out of those I found upsetting were 2, 5 and 6. 2 wasn't really our fault either...the damn refs gave the game away. 5 and 6 were our fault, which is depressing...but we've had our share of playoff wins in that time.

I'd say 1,2,5, and 6. The 6 INT game was more embarassing then anything else, and the Packers team that lost at home to Atlanta was a shell of itself.

That 6 INT game was against a juggernaut Rams team we weren't expected to have much of a chance against.

Joemailman
01-23-2008, 10:32 AM

We didn't need a defensive stop.

If we had put together ONE OFFENSIVE DRIVE in the 4th Q or OT we'd have won the game.

Yeah, the defense wasn't great...but they were on the field for 40 minutes and gave up basically the same number of points the Giants defense gave up in 20 minutes.

I'm more disappointed in our offense than our defense.

I'm disappointed in both, and I'm not putting all the blame on the defense. However, I felt the Packers had an opportunity to take control of that game in the 3rd quarter. They had a 4 point lead at halftime, and scored on their first possession of the 2nd half. Unfortunately, the defense couldn't get a stop at that time. If the Packers had been able to get a lead of more than a touchdown, it would have been very difficult for the Giants to come back.