PDA

View Full Version : Reggie McKenzie given permission to interview with Texans

swede
05-22-2006, 01:23 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=425875

The story gives McKenzie credit for good free agent pick-ups, but you could sure find some poor examples along the way. Does he also get credit for Seth Joyner, Hardy Nickerson, and Joe Johnson?

Front office issues like this make me nervous. Sometimes people that work in relative anonymity play key organizational roles and are hard to replace. But, this glass may be half full and the organization might quickly promote somebody from within and not miss a beat should McKenzie leave.

I wish Reggie luck. He deserves a shot at GM, but for his sake I hope he only takes this thing--if offered--if it is a quality job and not merely assistant GM to Kubiak.

Harlan Huckleby
05-22-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't like this. Wist probably says this is the first step.

HarveyWallbangers
06-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Rick Smith of Denver got the Texans GM job.

Scott Campbell
06-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Looks like Kubiak has plenty of stroke down there.

woodbuck27
06-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey lookeeee . . . it's the Houston 'Packers'.

retailguy
06-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey lookeeee . . . it's the Houston 'Packers'.

Don't you mean the Houston "Broncos"?

woodbuck27
06-04-2006, 10:15 PM
OK that too. The Houston 'Bronco- Packers'.

Wait ! Did someone else sign on as GM with Houston and was the offer to McKenzie withdrawn ? I believe that I read that another, Denver's Rick Smith was under consideration for that post.

HarveyWallbangers
06-04-2006, 10:22 PM

Wait ! Did someone else sign on as GM with Houston and was the offer to McKenzie withdrawn ? I believe that I read that another, Denver's Rick Smith was under consideration for that post.

woodbuck27
06-04-2006, 10:26 PM

Ahhhhhhhh ! Asooo .

I was beginning to suspect as much and digging as well.

Thanks Harvey.