PDA

View Full Version : Clifton Added to Pro-Bowl Roster.

MTPackerfan
01-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Packers T Chad Clifton Selected To Pro Bowl

posted 01/23/2008

Green Bay Packers tackle Chad Clifton has been added to the NFC Pro Bowl roster, the league announced Wednesday. Clifton replaces Seahawks tackle Walter Jones.

A 6-foot-5, 320-pound player in his eighth season with the Packers, Clifton earns his first career trip to the Pro Bowl. He was recognized as a Pro Bowl alternate in 2004 and '05.

The Tennessee product started all 16 games at left tackle for the Packers in 2007 and has started 79 of 80 games since returning from a pelvic injury that ended his 2002 season.

Clifton will join teammates Brett Favre, Donald Driver, Aaron Kampman and Al Harris at the Pro Bowl, to be played on Feb. 10 at Aloha Stadium.

Good to hear.

denverYooper
01-23-2008, 03:45 PM
that's cool

Patler
01-23-2008, 03:57 PM
When I saw that he was the first alternate, I thought he might make it this year. Good for him.

mmmdk
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Awesome!

Harlan Huckleby
01-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Clifton will join teammates Brett Favre, Donald Driver, Aaron Kampman and Al Harris at the Pro Bowl, to be played on Feb. 10 at Aloha Stadium.

Fortunately Al won't have to cover Plaxico in the pro bowl :twisted: sorry.

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Congrats to Cliffy. He deserves it. Hey, don't the coaches from the team that lost the conference title game coach in the Pro Bowl? If so, Coach Mac can do some early recruiting of impending free agents.

Iron Mike
01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Can we get a poll going as to in which quarter will his first Pro Bowl false start occur??? :twisted:

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Penalty...10 yards...for a cheap shot. Clifton gets an occasional false start, but I don't think it's often enough for the cheap shot.
:D

Partial
01-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Isn't that kind of offensive to say he gets in when another guy backs out. Unless there is some financial incentive I'd be kind of irked.

Patler
01-24-2008, 02:24 AM
Isn't that kind of offensive to say he gets in when another guy backs out. Unless there is some financial incentive I'd be kind of irked.

Irked? Why? They pick three tackles to begin with and Clifton was #4. Since there are 32 starting tackles on the 16 teams in the NFC, being #4 is nothing to be ashamed of. Besides, no one will remember that he was a "replacement". There are usually quite a few, as many players who are regularly selected bow out for various medical reasons. I believe Favre has skipped several that he was selected for. Clifton will forever be listed as having been in the 2008 Pro Bowl. It is a recognition that all the players want at least once.

Sometimes players do have very significant bonuses tied to being selected for the Pro Bowl.

Partial
01-24-2008, 08:57 AM
If he was financially compensated then I'd do it, but otherwise I'd go in with this attitude:

"Screw you, I wasn't good enough before but now that one of the other guys doesn't want to do it, I get called up? I'm not your back-up plan for TV ratings and money".

Merlin
01-24-2008, 09:04 AM
What surprises me is that Favre doesn't get sacked a lot and Clifton is his blind side protection. Clifton is obviously on of the best tackles in the NFL and it shouldn't have taken this long for him to make it. He deserves to be one of the top three at the very least instead of an alternate. Hopefully he goes and then next season is a starter.