PDA

View Full Version : Never too late...

mmmdk
01-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Live and learn I guess.

From latest McCarthy press conf.:

McCarthy said becoming a better running team will be a priority coming into next season, as will getting the personnel to run it.

YES!!! :D

Also from press conf.:

McCarthy said he has not watched the game film, which is "unusual." Yet he said he would not change anything they did game-plan wise.

C'mon, coach..really?

packinpatland
01-23-2008, 04:28 PM
.......says he's not looking forward to going over the game tapes.

SkinBasket
01-23-2008, 04:30 PM

Shouldn't take long. There wasn't much worth looking at.

hoosier
01-23-2008, 07:13 PM

Shouldn't take long. There wasn't much worth looking at.

If you like slow developing flanker screens that go nowhere in hurry, there was.

packinpatland
01-23-2008, 07:20 PM
He's going to walk out of that room and say 'Damn.....shoulda ran that ball more'

CaliforniaCheez
01-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Does that mean Moll and Coston are on the hot seat??

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Those screens where not a good idea, but they also were not executed very well, the ball came out real slow and that pass and play needs to be a quick hitter. Robinson is just plain slow with his first four or five steps. that should have been run to another receiver.

gbgary
01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
He's going to walk out of that room and say 'Damn.....shoulda ran that ball more'

and thrown to the backs more...and thrown to the tight ends more.

CaliforniaCheez
01-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I think having Robinson on the field slowed the development of Jones.

Robinson is not good enough to be a Packer. Holliday and Bodiford are coming back.

Certainly a better return man can be found.

The Leaper
01-24-2008, 09:02 AM

Robinson is not good enough to be a Packer. Holliday and Bodiford are coming back.

Holliday and Bodiford aren't anywhere near as good as Robinson.

Robinson had to take an entire year off. He couldn't practice with the team. He couldn't even really TALK to the team. He hasn't gone through a single off-season program or training camp yet with the team.

He's a solid returner who is a dependable #3/#4 receiver. Claiming he is not good enough to be a Packer is ridiculous.

Merlin
01-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Wow I actually agree with Leaper. Robinson is a very good football player and deserves to be a Packer. Jones development has been just fine this season. he is a rookie and he didn't play like one. Holiday and Bodiford have potential but Robinson is a much better player then they are. I mean you can't be serious with that comment. I bet you were one of those people who though Ferguson was the best WR we had when healthy!

Deputy Nutz
01-24-2008, 09:10 AM

Holliday and Bodiford aren't anywhere near as good as Robinson.

Robinson had to take an entire year off. He couldn't practice with the team. He couldn't even really TALK to the team. He hasn't gone through a single off-season program or training camp yet with the team.

He's a solid returner who is a dependable #3/#4 receiver. Claiming he is not good enough to be a Packer is ridiculous.

He also banged up his knee during training and had to have surgery on it a couple of months before he got reinstated. He was hobbled. but he still isn't the fastest guy in the world. Hopefully an off season to rest and rehab his knee and some mini camps, OTAs, and training camp will help him regain his speed and quickness.