PDA

View Full Version : Packers noted as "Classy Organization"

GrnBay007
01-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Few organizations are as classy as the Green Bay Packers. Just look at what happened Sunday, seconds after Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes booted the game-winning, 47-yard, overtime field goal.

At the single most depressing moment of the Packers' season, Gordon "Red" Batty managed to think to retrieve the football that Tynes kicked. Not only did Batty collect the football, but he personally delivered it to Tynes after the game.

It is the ultimate example of the class and sportsmanship that go along with Green Bay. Kudos to Batty. He deserves a game ball.

Batty is the Equipment Manager for the Packers.

packinpatland
01-24-2008, 09:49 AM
I'd like to read the whole article this came from..........

There's no doubt that the Packers have class...never was. :pack:

GrnBay007
01-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I'd like to read the whole article this came from..........

That's all there was. Just something I found at the bottom of this page "For Kicks":

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8062e865&template=with-video&confirm=true

BF4MVP
01-24-2008, 11:30 AM
We already knew the Packers were a classy organization..The problem is that, according to Woodson, some free agents have heard otherwise..

Nice gesture by Red.

Joemailman
01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
TT got some really bad press following the Wahle, Sharper and Walker situations. I think that situation has turned around now. If TT wants to be active in free agency, I don't think the city or the organization are a big detriment.

packinpatland
01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
We already knew the Packers were a classy organization..The problem is that, according to Woodson, some free agents have heard otherwise..

Nice gesture by Red.

I must be getting senile..............remind me about Woodson......

denverYooper
01-24-2008, 12:11 PM
If TT wants to be active in free agency, I don't think the city or the organization are a big detriment.

Especially since there seemed to be a lot of good press on Packers fans and Lambeau field this year.

The team's record this last year won't be a detriment either ;)

HarveyWallbangers
01-24-2008, 12:15 PM

Nice gesture by Red.

Woodson said he had heard that Green Bay wasn't a good place for black players to play. He says his experience now tells him otherwise. There used to be that stigma before Ron Wolf got here (lily white town with little nightlife), but that changed in the 90s. Apparently, some still have those feelings. Hey, to each their own. I can see why some guys wouldn't prefer Green Bay. It's small and cold. However, I'm sure there are a lot of dudes that would want to play in Green Bay (little traffic, you can concentrate on football, and you have unbelievable support)--especially the guys that grew up in small towns.

pbmax
01-24-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=708275

Nice gesture by Red.

BF4MVP
01-24-2008, 12:17 PM

Nice gesture by Red.

From a January 16th JSO article:

"I came here and played before (with the Oakland Raiders), but all the talk you hear from people that played in Green Bay, it's like, 'You don't want to play there,' " Woodson said Wednesday. "Coming from Oakland, this is day and night. And every account I can remember of someone talking about Green Bay, this was not my type of place."

Asked about his concerns, Woodson said, "It was everything - organization, nightlife, the whole thing. You know, just being in Green Bay. The talk is always this is no place for a black man and that's just how it was."

BF4MVP
01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Looks like Max and Harvey beat me to it :oops:

packinpatland
01-24-2008, 01:42 PM
But you know, Woodson had these trepidations before coming/going to Green Bay, legitimate concerns for a black man...and he admits they were dispelled.

What about that white boy, Longwell, dissing GB after he left? :roll:

MJZiggy
01-24-2008, 02:59 PM
It's only cause he never had enough money to eat at Favre's. Sometimes it's just a simple matter of a lack of imagination...

woodbuck27
01-24-2008, 03:35 PM

Nice gesture by Red.

Woodson said he had heard that Green Bay wasn't a good place for black players to play. He says his experience now tells him otherwise. There used to be that stigma before Ron Wolf got here (lily white town with little nightlife), but that changed in the 90s. Apparently, some still have those feelings. Hey, to each their own. I can see why some guys wouldn't prefer Green Bay. It's small and cold. However, I'm sure there are a lot of dudes that would want to play in Green Bay (little traffic, you can concentrate on football, and you have unbelievable support)--especially the guys that grew up in small towns.

Bottom line is we have to look like winners and we now do. I just hope that after this season TT goes for it and fills the holes. If he wants to do it with Aaron Rodgers as his guy? Tell Brett Favre that and not puddle around.

That won't erase the fact that it won't get easier than it was last Sunday. For that the talk I'm geting now , is a whomping FIVE year contract extension for MM as a reward for screwing up last week.

That seems like a contradiction.

WHY so long? He has at time looked like the Rookie coach (LOST) and why the rush to award the fact he didn't have us prepared for last week, He's also really defensive over the decision to practise indoors.

Why not, Maybe, I made an error there (at least ) and should have practised on the field where we had to play. LAMBEAU!! Isn't that more game ready positive?

PACKERS FOREVER!!

RB,DE,FS and CB are need positions. ST's improved a lot this season.

There is no reason why with Favre back we can't go to the Super Bowl next season. We still need a more consistent running game and someone to cover tall and fast WR's.

That's not Al Harris's speciality. :)

Howie Long was clear ay the half. On how readibly possible the bump and run tactic was for a penalty to come down Vs harris and does Woodson really employ that technique as often as Al Harris?

We have to do something about our secondary for the BIG Games ( the most talented WR's in the NFL ). We have to be strong on the lines