PDA

View Full Version : 7th rounder for Ike

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Word is he hurt his knee while training for the combine in AZ. Had to be transported to the ambulance via a stretcher.

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Word is he hurt his knee while training for the combine in AZ. Had to be transported to the ambulance via a stretcher.
Well, I guess he's coming back for another year at UW after all. I don't think he stays declared for the draft at this point.

Further proof the combine is moronic.

The Leaper
01-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Well, I guess he's coming back for another year at UW after all.

Once you declare yourself for the NFL draft, there's no going back to the NCAA. Ike's chances at a big payday are gone if he did sustain an injury.

gbgary
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM

Once you declare yourself for the NFL draft, there's no going back to the NCAA. Ike's chances at a big payday are gone if he did sustain an injury.

i thought you could unless you have hired an agent?! or is this for another sport? :oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 02:42 PM

i thought you could unless you have hired an agent?! or is this for another sport? :oops:

He hired rosenhaus.

BallHawk
01-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Per JSO....

Jack Ikegwuonu, the former University of Wisconsin cornerback, blew out his knee Tuesday in a training exercise and won't play football in 2008.

Ikegwuonu suffered tears of both his anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments as well as damage to his kneecap, according to a source close to the situation, and will need reconstructive knee surgery.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=1/24/2008&id=34570

Ouch. That's really got a be hard blow for Ike. I feel sorry for the guy. He made a foolish decision to come out this year, but to go from training for the combine to not playing football for a year, maybe longer. That's gotta be really tough.

SkinBasket
01-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Somewhere Partial just shit his pants, threw up on himself, and is probably busy crying in the fetal position naked in a dark corner.

Perhaps the biggest tragedy in all of this is now we'll never know just how dumb his top 10 prediction was.

Partial
01-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Precisely. We'll never know. It's a shame. Dude is a straight up stud.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Leave school to avoid injury. Get injured training for NFL.

Definition of irony.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 03:10 PM

Stud or not, wasn't going in the top 10.

SkinBasket
01-24-2008, 03:11 PM

Actually the fact he blew out his knee in workouts is evidence that he was fragile and not physical enough to play corner in the NFL. Furthermore, he obviously played without motivation at UW, otherwise he would have blown out his knee earlier, which makes me question his work ethic. I can only conclude that he is not a stud but rather a lazy, physically flawed bust.

Partial
01-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah, because our own extremely physical corner has never had any injury issues. And anyone who has not blown out a knee in college but did in the pros played without motivation.

OK Merlin.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SkinBasket
01-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah, because our own extremely physical corner has never had any injury issues. And anyone who has not blown out a knee in college but did in the pros played without motivation.

OK Merlin.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

He didn't blow his knee out in pros. He blew it out trying to make another dollar. The evidence is on my side and overwhelming.

Comparing Ike and Harris is dumber than predicting Ike as a Top 10 prospect. Or comparing Tyler Donovan to Tom Brady. Maybe Luke Swan can be the next Jerry Rice. His knee hurts too.

I'm not Merlin, BTW. To the left, you will note that I am clearly labeled as SkinBasket.

Partial
01-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes because I am sure that has NEVER EVER happened before!!!!!!!

I honestly can't name too many players who have sustained injury from when they declared up to before the draft. The most recent one sticking out in my mind is Lendale White. He is doing just fine down in Tenn. though.

And if you knew anything about your team you'd know I was referencing defensive player of the year candidate Charles Woodson. He has been injury prone throughout his career including knee problems and broken legs.

That was a Merlin-esque statement to make.

SkinBasket
01-24-2008, 03:48 PM

What's never happened? Are you on uppers?

I honestly can't name too many players who have sustained injury from when they declared up to before the draft. The most recent one sticking out in my mind is Lendale White. He is doing just fine down in Tenn. though.

And what was Lendale White's injury again? I'm pretty sure it wasn't a torn MCL, ACL, and knee cap damage. In fact, his injury was laziness and being fat, so maybe they can be compared on some level.

And if you knew anything about your team you'd know I was referencing defensive player of the year candidate Charles Woodson. He has been injury prone throughout his career including knee problems and broken legs.

Honestly, most of the time I don't think you know what you're talking about, much less whether or not I understand what you may or may not be trying to say. So you were talking about our own "extremely physical" Charles Woodson then? Well, that's an even dumber comparison to draw. Congratulations on correcting me.

And you've made all kinds of Partial-esque statements. What makes it worth noting?

Ike was a ready made bust. Lazy, fragile, unmotivated, and completely unable to grasp the defensive scheme. Now he's a has-been. I expect to see him on South Park hawking crank in 9 months because he doesn't have the work ethic to rehab his knee.

The Leaper
01-24-2008, 04:06 PM

I know basketball players can declare but not hire an agent. However, it is impractical to enter the NFL draft without gaining representation...anyone who declares for the NFL draft hires an agent so they have access to top notch training and $$$$.

Harlan Huckleby
01-24-2008, 04:13 PM
OMG. This is tragic.

The guy had a lousy junior year, despite Tyrone's fawning statements to the contrary. So he's not that hot of a property. Now he's got a hell of a tough injury to rehab. He's no longer part of the UW, so perhaps no fancy doctors, facilities and support to work his way out of this.

Man, I've never heard of such bad luck. I think he made a terrible mistake declaring for the draft, but he certainly did nothing to deserve this horrible situation.

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Well, he's likely coming back to finish his degree then, and hopefully get in enough shape to go for the draft next year, which would be interesting to see where/if he gets picked.

A totally unnecessary injury for a bullshit event.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 04:20 PM
OMG. This is tragic.

The guy had a lousy junior year, despite Tyrone's fawning statements to the contrary. So he's not that hot of a property. Now he's got a hell of a tough injury to rehab. He's no longer part of the UW, so perhaps no fancy doctors, facilities and support to work his way out of this.

Man, I've never heard of such bad luck. I think he made a terrible mistake declaring for the draft, but he certainly did nothing to deserve this horrible situation.

Tyrone's fawing statements? I think you've confused me with Partial.

Please, for my sake, don't even do that again.

SkinBasket
01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
A totally unnecessary injury for a bullshit event.

For mid round guys like him, it's not a bullshit event. It's a way to try to fool someone into picking you a round sooner and bilking them out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

He's no longer part of the UW, so perhaps no fancy doctors, facilities and support to work his way out of this..

Hey, Culpepper rehabbed behind the local Wal-mart. See how well that turned out?

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2008, 04:32 PM

Stud or not, wasn't going in the top 10.
True that. Per this article on JSOnline a NFL scout said he was a 4th round pick.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=1/24/2008&id=34570

There is no way he was going in the first round, let alone the top 10. There's no evidence anywhere that supports that argument.

Partial
01-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Plenty of scouts are wrong. How many guys said James Jones would make a nice FA pick-up but a bad player to draft?!?!??!?

Harlan Huckleby
01-24-2008, 04:50 PM
I think you've confused me with Partial.

Please, for my sake, don't even do that again.

what are you talking about, Partial's adorable.

Harlan Huckleby
01-24-2008, 04:51 PM
double shot power!

SkinBasket
01-24-2008, 04:55 PM
There's no evidence anywhere that supports that argument.

The only evidence there's ever been in this ridiculous argument is Partial. All 5 feet 8 inches of him.

b bulldog
01-24-2008, 05:27 PM
IMO, he will still go before that.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Plenty of scouts are wrong. How many guys said James Jones would make a nice FA pick-up but a bad player to draft?!?!??!?

True. But, if we are gonna value draft picks...gotta go with them over you.

You can't find one draft guru/scout that had Ike as a top ten. I doubt you'll even find 1-3 that said first round.

Partial
01-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Agreed. Last year people thought he'd go round 1 and I did hear some top 10 stuff and first corner off the board talk when he was a Sophomore. He's fallen off the radar a bit.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
IMO, he will still go before that.

You must be insane.

Mcgahee was a lock to be a top 5 pick before blowing out his knee and then was expected to go in the 2nd, and only went 23rd cause Rosenhaus lobbied hard that he would be ready the following season. Even then he only made it back in the 6th week.

Ike ain't no Willis, nor was he a lock for 2nd round. So, why would a team draft a CB who most likely won't play till the second year of his contract? No GM is gonna waste valuable cap space on him if he can't play and wants 2nd/3rd round money.

Rehad for his type of injury is at least 9 months, and it could be longer depending on the severity of the kneecap injury.

Ike ain't playing in 08 at all.

This knee injury will effect his health, endurance, and could cause other injuries.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Agreed. Last year people thought he'd go round 1 and I did hear some top 10 stuff and first corner off the board talk when he was a Sophomore. He's fallen off the radar a bit.

True. He was dominant his soph year. To bad he couldn't come out then.

Partial
01-24-2008, 05:57 PM
If he did more than tear an ACL that is bad, bad news.

b bulldog
01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
sEE mICHAEL bUSH FROM Louisville, he went in round 4 with a broken leg. Know your stats, a kid that runs a 4.27 with his size will get drafted before round 7, trust me.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 06:10 PM
sEE mICHAEL bUSH FROM Louisville, he went in round 4 with a broken leg. Know your stats, a kid that runs a 4.27 with his size will get drafted before round 7, trust me.

A broken leg is far less severe than what Ike just did. And, thanks for proving my point. Bush prior to that was considered to be a 1st or second..so he dropped 2 rounds. Ike is a 3rd or 4th..so he will drop to 6th at best.

Plus, he hasn't run a 4.27 yet..or at least for scouts. If he had, he wouldn't have been working on a sled..which is used to improve speed.

If Ike and Drew are smart, they will withdraw from the draft. I don't know if he can or the procedure, but better to be a free agent this year..or reenter the draft next year.

Tell you what, if Ike is drafted earlier than the 4th round i'll put in my sig file "Hail to the victors, Michigan is the best."

I'll expect the same from you.

BallHawk
01-24-2008, 06:12 PM

The later rounds are impossible to predict. At that point, it's really just who falls to you and who you like best.

James Jones ended up being a 3rd round pick, yes. I didn't see many scouts saying he'd be a Undrafted FA. Most said that we could of got him later on Day 2.

Predicting the top 10 is a lot easier. Sure you have guys that sink- A-Rod, Brady Quinn, etc. But there are always guys that are guaranteed to go Top 10. This year, off the top of my head, DMC, Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, Chris Long, and Matt Ryan. Maybe Brian Brohm, but not for sure.

The last big surprise top 10 pick was Donte Whitner going 8th to the Bills. Turned out to be a great player.

Ike didn't have any attributes to make scouts say "let's take a chance on him" in the top 10. He's fast. That's it. Ahmad Carroll was fast. Look what happened to him.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM

The later rounds are impossible to predict. At that point, it's really just who falls to you and who you like best.

James Jones ended up being a 3rd round pick, yes. I didn't see many scouts saying he'd be a Undrafted FA. Most said that we could of got him later on Day 2.

Predicting the top 10 is a lot easier. Sure you have guys that sink- A-Rod, Brady Quinn, etc. But there are always guys that are guaranteed to go Top 10. This year, off the top of my head, DMC, Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, Chris Long, and Matt Ryan. Maybe Brian Brohm, but not for sure.

The last big surprise top 10 pick was Donte Whitner going 8th to the Bills. Turned out to be a great player.

Ike didn't have any attributes to make scouts say "let's take a chance on him" in the top 10. He's fast. That's it. Ahmad Carroll was fast. Look what happened to him.

Ike has more than speed. But, you are correct, not a top ten pick.

He woulda needed a Mamula like combine, and even then GM's are very reluctant to draft workout warrior types.

Ballboy
01-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Hope he was at least smart enough to at least buy an insurance policy on his future earnings before he started all this.

Bretsky
01-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Ike IMO was one of the top 5 CB's entering the draft and probably would have ended up as a late round 1st or early round 2nd.

I'd love for TT to study where he thinks Ike will get drafted and grab him in the middle rounds; be a great guy to stash for the future as our CB's age

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Ike IMO was one of the top 5 CB's entering the draft and probably would have ended up as a late round 1st or early round 2nd.

I'd love for TT to study where he thinks Ike will get drafted and grab him in the middle rounds; be a great guy to stash for the future as our CB's age

Well, you can have your opinion, but it doesn't jibe with any draft guru/scout.

Top rated (in my personal order):
1. Mike Jenkins
2. Leodis McClevin
3. Antoine Cason
4. Aqib Talib
5. Justin King
6. Tracy Porter
7. Terrell Thomas
8. Domique Rodgers-Cromartie
9. DeJuan Tribble
10. Dwight Lowery

Ike would fall somewhere in the bottom 5.

Not to mention that he still has to face the trial.

I'd have no problem taking him with a late round pick. Worth a gamble. Not like with this team that many low round picks are gonna make it.

Bretsky
01-24-2008, 07:00 PM
I thought he plea'd out of the trial ? Did he get in more trouble ? I'm not sure if his maturity had him ready for the NFL. I think that was part of the reason he was not as consistent this year. But the dude is loaded with ability

Freak Out
01-24-2008, 07:00 PM

1. Mike Jenkins
2. Leodis McClevin
3. Antoine Cason
4. Aqib Talib
5. Justin King
6. Tracy Porter
7. Terrell Thomas
9. DeJuan Tribble
10. Dwight Lowery

I'd have no problem taking him with a late round pick. Worth a gamble. Not like with this team that many low round picks are gonna make it.

So were taking about a DB who just tore up their knee AND has to go to trial? A criminal trial? What kind of a trial? Sweet.

SkinBasket
01-24-2008, 07:03 PM
From the JSO blog story:

The injury will all but eliminate Ikegwuonu's chances of being selected April 26-27 in the National Football League draft. It's possible a team might take him in a late round and bring along for 2009.

"He's screwed now," an executive in personnel for an NFL team said. "He wasn't going to be that high of a pick, anyway. Fourth round.

"I blame the agent for talking the kid into coming out. Stupid. Because he wasn't a first-day player."

Sorry Partial, but I'm going with the NFL executive who just happens to support my thoughts than you and your fanboy ramblings.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 07:04 PM

1. Mike Jenkins
2. Leodis McClevin
3. Antoine Cason
4. Aqib Talib
5. Justin King
6. Tracy Porter
7. Terrell Thomas
9. DeJuan Tribble
10. Dwight Lowery

So were taking about a DB who just tore up their knee AND has to go to trial? A criminal trial? What kind of a trial? Sweet.

Are you serious? You didn't know about his trial.

Ike and his brother (depending on the story) were busted at Northern Illinois for stealing an xbox from a house/apt. Trial has been delayed for awhile. Ike lawyers were trying to get stuff thrown out.

From what i've heard, the xbox was actually theirs, and they went to retrieve it.

If convicted he faces 4 years. Prolly won't get it, but still.

BallHawk
01-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Seems like Ike wanted to play himself same Halo. :lol:

Bretsky
01-24-2008, 07:10 PM

1. Mike Jenkins
2. Leodis McClevin
3. Antoine Cason
4. Aqib Talib
5. Justin King
6. Tracy Porter
7. Terrell Thomas
9. DeJuan Tribble
10. Dwight Lowery

Ike and his brother (depending on the story) were busted at Northern Illinois for stealing an xbox from a house/apt. Trial has been delayed for awhile. Ike lawyers were trying to get stuff thrown out.

From what i've heard, the xbox was actually theirs, and they went to retrieve it.

I knew about the trial, but I thought that was already behind him from listening to TMJ late in the season. They were speaking as it was a done deal that there was a plea bargain for some probations, but they were probably full of shit since it hasn't occured yet

Honestly, this is pretty sad

The guy should have stayed in school. When he was considering it you could tell he wanted to turn pro after he noted how hard it was to be a "Student/Athlete". He was clearly looking for the riches and was sick of the challenge of school.

He noted many times he would only leave if the NFL considered him to be a sure thing round 1-3 prospect. But he wanted to go.

A sad choice is how this is turning out; completely opposite of Lee Evans

Freak Out
01-24-2008, 07:11 PM
The infamous Xbox burglary...class 1 felony. Nothing like possibly doing time for stealing a fucking video game console.

Freak Out
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM

1. Mike Jenkins
2. Leodis McClevin
3. Antoine Cason
4. Aqib Talib
5. Justin King
6. Tracy Porter
7. Terrell Thomas
9. DeJuan Tribble
10. Dwight Lowery

Fuck man....I live in Alaska not Wisconsin. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 07:16 PM

1. Mike Jenkins
2. Leodis McClevin
3. Antoine Cason
4. Aqib Talib
5. Justin King
6. Tracy Porter
7. Terrell Thomas
9. DeJuan Tribble
10. Dwight Lowery

Fuck man....I live in Alaska not Wisconsin. :lol:

That excuse might have worked in 1908, but not now. :evil:

Harlan Huckleby
01-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Hope he was at least smart enough to at least buy an insurance policy on his future earnings before he started all this.

whups!

Iron Mike
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM

Definition of irony.

Too bad you couldn't have explained that to Alanis Morissette. 8-)

BF4MVP
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM

Definition of irony.

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife :lol:

BF4MVP
01-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Too bad for Ike. I would take a flyer on him though..Why not take him with a seventh? Those guys have a tough time making the team anyways, might as well spend the pick on a guy with enough talent to be a first day pick..Let him rehab in '08 and see what we have in '09..Who knows, we could have ourselves a steal..He is a very good corner. Not a great one, but very good.

Iron Mike
01-25-2008, 06:41 AM

Definition of irony.

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife :lol:

A black fly in your chardonnay is unfortunate. :roll:

SkinBasket
01-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Those guys have a tough time making the team anyways, might as well spend the pick on a guy with enough talent to be a first day pick.

You know who else has a tough time making the team? Corners with mid round talent who need a new knee, are going to need a year of intensive rehab at your expense, and are likely to never be the same player again.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Luckily for this kid he did get good representation in Rosenhaus. If Rosenhaus did his job Ike will likely have LLoyds of London like inurance, and hopefully some medical insurance to take care of the bills.

Bottom line he should pull out of the draft, rehab his knee and if he can get into football shape by next febuary and run at the combine if he is allowed or hold some personal workouts he may be a third, fourth round type selection.

Most likely scenerio he can end up forgetting about the NFL and get ready for the Canadian Football League.

I guess Ike has Partial to thank for this, Partial can you say, "JINKS"?

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 08:27 AM
He'll get drafted. He has too much size and showed too much potential during his time at Wisconsin to not be picked, even with the injury. He's probably no better than a 6th round pick though...but some team will pick him up and stick him on IR for a year.

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Bottom line he should pull out of the draft, rehab his knee and if he can get into football shape by next febuary and run at the combine if he is allowed or hold some personal workouts he may be a third, fourth round type selection.

I disagree Nutz. If he pulls out of the draft, all medical expenses for his rehab come from his pocket. That will be costly.

He should remain in the draft and hope to get picked. If he catches on with a team, then all his medical expenses for rehab will be covered by the team.

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 08:33 AM
You know who else has a tough time making the team? Corners with mid round talent who need a new knee, are going to need a year of intensive rehab at your expense, and are likely to never be the same player again.

The cost for rehab to the team is minimal...they've already got physicans on staff and plenty of equipment.

The cost is only an issue to Ike...paying for rehab out of his own pocket would be ridiculously expensive.

A guy with his size and who showed decent potential in college probably will be worth a late round flyer. Even with the injury, he still will have more upside potential than a lot of the other guys left in the 6th and 7th round.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 08:41 AM

I disagree Nutz. If he pulls out of the draft, all medical expenses for his rehab come from his pocket. That will be costly.

He should remain in the draft and hope to get picked. If he catches on with a team, then all his medical expenses for rehab will be covered by the team.

I was doing the math in a perfect world, and with a estimation that Rosenhaus took steps in his clients case to protect him if something like this happened. If he has the medical insurance now, and he goes in to the draft and gets signed in the 7th round for a 4 year 1.5 million dollar deal. He is on a team great medical staff, but if he came back in the draft the next year with a healthy knee and moved himself into the fourth round he is now looking at a significantly better deal, one that would pay him more than the 100,000 dollars the injury cost. Anyway, he is still going to have to pay medical expense prior to the draft.

He should enter the draft and see what happens though. If he gets picked high enough, sign with the team, if he doesn't like where he was picked don't sign and go back in 2009.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 08:50 AM

The cost for rehab to the team is minimal...they've already got physicans on staff and plenty of equipment.

The cost is only an issue to Ike...paying for rehab out of his own pocket would be ridiculously expensive.

A guy with his size and who showed decent potential in college probably will be worth a late round flyer. Even with the injury, he still will have more upside potential than a lot of the other guys left in the 6th and 7th round.

This guy's knee is shredded, you are looking at a full two years before he could even be back to what he was in college. rehab may only take 9 months, but full recovery for an ACL is always said to take time for rehab and then a full season of football activities to regain strength and normalacy. Now your not only talking about an ACL, but an MCL and a Patella Tendon which is most likely shredded as well if the knee cap became displaced.

Sure there is some reward there. I am not questioning that. It just seems like a grueling process for both team and player.

Harlan Huckleby
01-25-2008, 08:52 AM
If he doesn't have medical insurance, I bet Alvarez will find a way to help him out. I hope so, anyway.

BTW, in preseason Alvarez was touting I. as the best cornerback in the country. Now, I know that's what athletic directors do, but Alvarez wouldn't say that if I. wasn't really talented. Things sure have gone wrong for that guy in the last 16 months.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 08:54 AM
If he doesn't have medical insurance, I bet Alvarez will find a way to help him out. I hope so, anyway.

BTW, in preseason Alvarez was touting I. as the best cornerback in the country. Now, I know that's what athletic directors do, but Alvarez wouldn't say that if I. wasn't really talented.

I think if Alvarez helped him out there would probably be some problems with the NCAAs.

I will state this again, if he had an agent which he does, and very good one at that, I am sure he has protection for this situation.

Harlan Huckleby
01-25-2008, 08:59 AM
you might be right about I. having insurance.

the NCAA is not a Satanic organization, I bet they would allow a team to provide medical care for a transition student on appeal, they make exceptions to their rules.

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 09:01 AM
I was doing the math in a perfect world, and with a estimation that Rosenhaus took steps in his clients case to protect him if something like this happened. If he has the medical insurance now, and he goes in to the draft and gets signed in the 7th round for a 4 year 1.5 million dollar deal. He is on a team great medical staff, but if he came back in the draft the next year with a healthy knee and moved himself into the fourth round he is now looking at a significantly better deal, one that would pay him more than the 100,000 dollars the injury cost. Anyway, he is still going to have to pay medical expense prior to the draft.

I'm sure the math is correct.

However, most people don't have $100k in their pocket just burning a hole to be spent on knee rehab.

That's a lot of coin to plunk down with no guarantee an NFL team will ever pay you income to recoup it. Of course, if he had insurance on himself, that could cover the cost of rehab.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 09:12 AM

I'm sure the math is correct.

However, most people don't have $100k in their pocket just burning a hole to be spent on knee rehab.

That's a lot of coin to plunk down with no guarantee an NFL team will ever pay you income to recoup it. Of course, if he had insurance on himself, that could cover the cost of rehab.

Ok who is going to pay for the knee surgery next week? Who is going to pay for the rehab up until the draft or when he signs his contract? Those are medical expenses he probably can't recoup anyways from the NFL franchise. At best his signing bonus could cover medical expenses.

Anyways, I am sure he has medical insurance and personal care insurance. If he doesn't he should fire Rosenhaus, and then kill himself.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 09:16 AM
The bottom line, does this kid have the head on his shoulders to come back from this? I say no, if he did he wouldn't have left college in the first place after the season he had. The Badgers made adjustments to their coaching staff this off season and hopefully it would have benefited a player like Ike, but he didn't wait to find out. Ike has first round ability, and he should have come back to make it in the first round, because regardless that is money he will never see again.

run pMc
01-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Bummer. My heart goes out to the kid for blowing out his knee.

Is it just the ACL? I'd burn a R7 for him. If it's a Culpepper special, I'd stay away.

Guiness
01-25-2008, 10:02 AM

Partial - :trll:

Man, hook, line and sinker - you gave the basket all he needed :D

SkinBasket
01-25-2008, 10:47 AM

Fight crazy with crazy I say. Of course he kept replying to my crazy like it wasn't crazy, which leads me to believe he actually is crazy. That and he thinks he's 5'11".

Partial
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM

Fight crazy with crazy I say. Of course he kept replying to my crazy like it wasn't crazy, which leads me to believe he actually is crazy. That and he thinks he's 5'11".

I am 5'11". I will take a picture next tape measure if I have to. Actually, its like 5'10.5" but I round up.

SkinBasket
01-25-2008, 11:01 AM

I am 5'11". I will take a picture next tape measure if I have to. Actually, its like 5'10.5" but I round up.

Guiness
01-25-2008, 11:09 AM

I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place.
Even your emotions had an echo
In so much space

Does that make me crazy
Does that make me crazy
Does that make me crazy
Probably

Guiness
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM

Wow - I just can't see sending the Creepy Rat a photo of myself ending well. I mean, look at his avatar...he's obviously very talented with Microsoft Paint!

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 03:17 PM

You gotta be fucking shitting me. I guess I am 6-3"

Someone repost the picture at the rat game that was up for the banner. That would demonstrate truth.

5-11" Thanks for the laugh

Partial
01-25-2008, 03:30 PM
You guys are crazy. 5'11" is pretty much the standard male height.

Skin was short at maybe 5'8". Mad had about 2 inches on me at 6'1". Tarlam was about 6'5" if I remember correctly.

Christ, you guys are off your rockers about the weirdest stuff. You guys need to get some hobbies or something. I love how you two, who have interacted with me for about 3 hours total, (even less with skin) while you were both intoxicated to the point where you both puked no less, are suddenly experts on my height.

Zool
01-25-2008, 03:38 PM

Skin was short at maybe 5'8". Mad had about 2 inches on me at 6'1". Tarlam was about 6'5" if I remember correctly.

Christ, you guys are off your rockers about the weirdest stuff. You guys need to get some hobbies or something. I love how you two, who have interacted with me for about 3 hours total, (even less with skin) while you were both intoxicated to the point where you both puked no less, are suddenly experts on my height.

God Partial how do you not get this stuff? They're only still on it because it bothers you.

Partial
01-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Yes, I get it, I have issues with always having to be right. Those two are off their rockers though. I hope they realize in the posters picture I was bending over slightly to allow a better picture of the people in the back row.

SkinBasket
01-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, I get it, I have issues with always having to be right. Those two are off their rockers though. I hope they realize in the posters picture I was bending over slightly to allow a better picture of the people in the back row.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I was bending over slightly!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Partial
01-25-2008, 03:44 PM
What exactly does your wife see in you?

SkinBasket
01-25-2008, 03:46 PM

I would imagine it's the huge cock (when it's not bent over to allow a better view of whatever's behind it) and a sense of humor. Other than that, I don't have a clue.

BallHawk
01-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, I get it, I have issues with always having to be right.

That's a bad issue to have if you're wrong a lot......

:wink:

Bossman641
01-25-2008, 04:25 PM

I would imagine it's the huge cock (when it's not bent over to allow a better view of whatever's behind it) and a sense of humor. Other than that, I don't have a clue.

Hahaha, good one.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 04:31 PM

Mostly it was interception at a young age.

I think he is a handsome little devil.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 04:33 PM

In all honesty I thought you were closer to midget size than a real sized person. Sorry.

SkinBasket
01-25-2008, 04:37 PM

No. Remember you're the handsome one. I'm the creepy one. Of course they were all crazy. But crazy people are usually honest.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 04:40 PM

No. Remember you're the handsome one. I'm the creepy one. Of course they were all crazy. But crazy people are usually honest.

You did creep them out, but they had it coming. The 43 year old wanted a piece of action at that other bar, it was better to just walk away.

Harlan Huckleby
01-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Football: Agent disputes severity of Ikegwuonu's knee injury
By TOM MULHERN

Cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu suffered a torn ACL during a workout on Tuesday, but his agent disputed early reports it would cause the former University of Wisconsin standout to miss the upcoming football season.

Agent Drew Rosehnaus said late Thursday night that Ikegwuonu would undergo surgery in the next two weeks and claimed he would be ready for training camp with an NFL team.

"All the other ligaments are strong and in place," Rosenhaus said. "He does not need surgery on anything other than the ACL. ... All this doom and gloom, I believe, is not valid."

Dr. John Uribe, who is the team doctor for the University of Miami, will perform the surgery.

"Through rigorous rehab, he will be running — if not full speed — before the draft," Rosenhaus said. "There's no question he'll be ready for training camp."

Uribe also performed the surgery on another Rosenhaus client, running back Willis McGahee, a former Hurricanes standout who suffered a serious knee injury in his final college game in January 2003.

Rosenhaus predicted McGahee still would be a first-round pick in the next draft and that's what happened. The Buffalo Bills took McGahee with the 23rd pick overall.

"I'm still projecting, because of (Ikegwuonu's) age (22) and the way guys come back from these injuries ... the type of people we have working with him are the exact same people that worked with Willis McGahee, a first-round pick and first player drafted at his position," Rosenhaus said. "I'm not going to project that for Jack but I will tell you, I still think he's going to be drafted in the early rounds."

Ikegwuonu was working out at Perfect Competition, a training facility in Davie, Fla., for the NFL draft, which will be April 26-27.

He made himself eligible for the draft earlier this month, leaving UW after his junior season, and signed with Rosenhaus on Jan. 5.

Ikegwuonu was pulling a sled, in a drill designed to improve his speed, when the injury occurred.

He exploded out of a start and planted his leg when the knee gave way.

"I blame the agent for telling him to come out, when we told him to stay in," an NFL scout said.

Rosenhaus said Ikegwuonu still plans to attend next month's scouting combine in Indianapolis, where teams will be able to interview him.

Ikegwuonu also will attend the re-check for injured players a month later.

"Jack will be at both," Rosenhaus said. "He will have an opportunity to visit teams, which we will set up for him. We also anticipate, just like we did for Willis, before the draft, staging a workout.

"Exactly what Jack will be able to do, we're not positive. He will work out for teams before the draft, in some capacity, whether it's jogging or running. I'm not saying he'll be sprinting at that time."

Rosenhaus said, prior to the injury, a "number of teams" told him Ikegwuonu had a chance of going in the first round, "if he ran as fast as people projected him."

"Certainly, I had teams telling me on their draft boards, he was no worse than a second-round pick," Rosenhaus said.

The scout said Ikegwuonu now would be a late-round pick or a free agent. But Rosenhaus said his client could still be taken in the first three rounds.

"I do think it's a possibility," Rosenhaus said. "By the time the draft rolls around, people are going to be able to see he's healthy. He wasn't eligible (as a junior) to play in any (all-star) games. The only thing he's going to miss is the combine.

"But Jack's athletic ability and his film speaks for itself. Because he's a cover man, an elite one, he still has a chance to be a very high pick."

Harlan Huckleby
01-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Football: Ikegwuonu's injury costly
Torn ACL figures to significantly hamper his stock heading into NFL draft

The Capital Times — 1/25/2008

Jack Ikegwuonu's path to the NFL took a major detour Tuesday when the former University of Wisconsin cornerback sustained a serious knee injury while training in Davie, Fla.

Ikegwuonu sustained a torn anterior cruciate ligament while pulling a sled in an exercise designed to improve his speed, according to published reports. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, disputed initial reports that Ikegwuonu had sustained damage to other ligaments and cartilage in the knee, telling the Wisconsin State Journal that the injury was limited to the ACL.

The general timetable for recovery from reconstructive surgery is six months. Rosenhaus forecast that Ikegwuonu, who earlier this month decided to forgo his senior season with the Badgers, will be able to play football in the 2008 season.

However, the impact of the injury on Ikegwuonu's status for the April 26-27 NFL draft could be dramatic. Although the former Madison Memorial athlete has not divulged his projection by the advisory board that helps college underclassmen determine whether to turn pro, an unnamed NFL personnel executive told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Ikegwuonu "wasn't going to be that high of a pick, anyway. Fourth round."

Even if he undergoes surgery to repair the ACL within two weeks -- the timetable offered by Rosenhaus in the Wisconsin State Journal report -- Ikegwuonu will not be able to participate in pre-draft workouts or the NFL combine, which is held in late February in Indianapolis, which figures to hurt his stock.

"I blame the agent for talking the kid into coming out," the NFL source told the Journal Sentinel. "Stupid. Because he wasn't a first-day player."

Even though he was accorded first-team All-Big Ten Conference honors this past season as a junior, by his own account Ikegwuonu had an up-and-down year. He missed large portions of games against The Citadel (thigh injury) and Michigan State (flu), and recorded just one interception.

But quality cover corners are a rare commodity in the NFL, and Ikegwuonu's size (6-1, 193 pounds) makes him an intriguing prospect.

Further complicating Ikegwuonu's future is his pending court date. He is scheduled to stand trial March 24 in Sycamore, Ill., on charges of residential burglary and criminal trespass after he and his twin brother Bill allegedly broke into an apartment and stole an Xbox video game system in November 2006.

Ikegwuonu has pleaded not guilty to the charges. If convicted of residential burglary, a Class 1 felony in Illinois, he faces a minimum of four years in prison and a fine of up to $25,000.

GrnBay007
01-25-2008, 10:08 PM

You did creep them out, but they had it coming. The 43 year old wanted a piece of action at that other bar, it was better to just walk away.

Was that the one that popped Mad?
oops, I mean, had a dispute? :D

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2008, 10:52 AM

Was that the one that popped Mad?
oops, I mean, had a dispute? :D

Nothing to do with the Rat Game. An individual experience between Skin, myself, and a bar full of crazy people.

Guiness
01-26-2008, 05:44 PM
you might be right about I. having insurance.

the NCAA is not a Satanic organization, I bet they would allow a team to provide medical care for a transition student on appeal, they make exceptions to their rules.

Yes, who would purposely cause innocent student athletes pain *cough* *NCAA*

/SNL subliminal man

You're right. No actual signs of devil worship. But they run a monopoly probably second only to the NFL's.

Guiness
01-26-2008, 05:47 PM
"I blame the agent for telling him to come out, when we told him to stay in," an NFL scout said.

Why? Because if he'd stayed at school another year, he wouldn't have had a freak accident?

Moron.

SkinBasket
01-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Nothing to do with the Rat Game. An individual experience between Skin, myself, and a bar full of crazy people.

I may have contributed to the destruction of a fledgling engagement. If telling a girl to get her ass in the air and make out with her friend (both of which were acceded to mind you) makes me creepy, then so be it. What do I care? Who's creepier? The one who asks, or the drunk chicks who do it?

Yes. OK. It's me.

NewsBruin
01-28-2008, 04:59 AM
Some of y'all are overthinking this.

If Jake is not ready for the draft, or if Rosenhaus thinks he shouldn't be an X-round pick, then all Jake has to do is refuse to sign a contract. If Jake Idontknowyourname doesn't like where he's drafted, or thinks he can do better with a year of rehab and position coaching, he should hold out and get put back into the 2009 draft (as JaMarcus Russell had threatened). In fact, I think Rosenhaus would do Jake and the NFL teams a favor by saying, "I think Jake will be ready for 2008/2009, and we will not come to terms with anything less than a fifth-round pick." Or whatever round; y'all fill in the blanks.

Most of these quotes sound like Rosenhaus trying to make the teams think there's demand for Jake from other teams. I don't know how any front office would take him seriously anymore, not after his "Everybody's holding out this year" season and his T.O. puppetmastery. But it seems as though he's betting that teams will think Jake's a scarce commodity.

It's nice that the HGH blood test isn't available yet, and that he can't be tested for 'roids if he doesn't sign a contract. Oh, did I say that out loud?...

As far as Barry goes, if Jake's declared for the draft and didn't revoke his paperwork in time, he's no longer an eligible athlete. Barry's free to do whatever he wants in the UW athletic office, and Barry (or a donor) can just cover a year of studies in exchange for working toward his degree or maybe not being a dumbass.

NewsBruin
01-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Proof that I don't know his name: It took me 24 hours to realize he was "Jack" and not "Jake."

Charles Woodson
01-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Christ, you guys are off your rockers about the weirdest stuff. You guys need to get some hobbies or something.

Did the person who has the 2nd most amount of posts on this place tell someone who has about 1/9th his posts to get a hobby?

http://www.tartaglia.com/pages/admitting.html

this site might help you with your inability to admit your wrong

woodbuck27
01-29-2008, 02:30 PM
'' Life's Hard! '' John Mellancamp

BallHawk
01-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Christ, you guys are off your rockers about the weirdest stuff. You guys need to get some hobbies or something.

Did the person who has the 2nd most amount of posts on this place tell someone who has about 1/9th his posts to get a hobby?

Good observation, CW.

:lol:

woodbuck27
01-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Good observation, CW.

:lol:

The hobby farm is a good thing.

It's sad :( what happened to this kid in my opinion.

PACKERS FOREVER!