PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre has pulled himself out of the Pro Bowl

packers11
01-24-2008, 05:12 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Brett Favre has pulled himself out of the Pro Bowl due to an unspecified injury.

Favre is likely taking some time away from the game as he decides whether or not to return to the Packers. If one really wanted to read into it, the fact that he has decided to skip the exhibition contest, and thus a "goodbye game" could be interpreted as a sign that he intends to come back for another season. Jeff Garcia will take his place.

Source: St. Petersburg Times

Brando19
01-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I guess that's a good sign. I wish he'd decide to return AND play in the Pro Bowl. Why does he always decline? That sucks. Many fans probably don't vote for him because they know he won't go. He could have a few million more votes if he'd actually play.

HarveyWallbangers
01-24-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't think it's a sign. How many has he pulled out of now? It's like 4 or 5. The iron man that's started 270+ consecutive games has gotten a mysterious injury in his last 4-5 Pro Bowls.
:D

Of course, some are valid because he often plays through injuries when he has to play a meaningful game.

MJZiggy
This surprises you? How many of these things has he backed out of? All it means is that he doesn't feel like going to Hawaii right now. The back 50 probably needs mowing or something. I'd have been more surprised if he'd actually gone.

Harlan Huckleby
i think they should do away with the Pro Bowl. Go ahead and vote on it, but then forget to play it every year.

football is too violent of a sport to have an intramaural game.

KYPack
01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
He's earned thge right to skip that thing. It's a dangerous ass game. All the young bucks are tearing around trying to impress one another, while the vets are looking for a place to hide.

Brett just chose to hide in Hattiesburg.

b bulldog
01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
R&R

packinpatland
01-24-2008, 05:34 PM
i think they should do away with the Pro Bowl. Go ahead and vote on it, but then forget to play it every year.

I've always felt this way,....... who was it that got hurt playing beach volley ball, during ProBowl week?

packinpatland
01-24-2008, 05:35 PM
If he would have accepted, that would have been a clear sign of his eminent retirement...............at least in my mind. :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 05:58 PM

I've always felt this way,....... who was it that got hurt playing beach volley ball, during ProBowl week?

That was beach football, not volleyball.

That would be Robert Edwards.

Actually blew it out in 98 and came back in 02 with the Fins. Still playing today in CFL.

CaliforniaCheez
01-24-2008, 06:23 PM
He was the only player who got the vote on a majority of ballots.
Over half of all football fans who voted, voted for Brett Favre.
He was #1 in votes.

GBRulz
01-24-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't think it's a sign. How many has he pulled out of now? It's like 4 or 5. The iron man that's started 270+ consecutive games has gotten a mysterious injury in his last 4-5 Pro Bowls.
:D

haha, no kidding!

The Pro Bowl seems meaningless to so many players. Unless of course they are negotiating contracts. Then suddenly being a Pro Bowler means the world.

They need to do something different IMO. I mean when players weren't making multi millions a year, a paid trip to Hawaii was something of value to them. These days, even someone playing at league minimum can afford to travel wherever the hell they want.

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 07:56 AM
If he would have accepted, that would have been a clear sign of his eminent retirement...............at least in my mind. :wink:

I agree.

If Favre was viewing this season as a capstone to his career, I would expect that he'd take the trip to Hawaii to say goodbye to a lot of the guys he's knocked heads with over the last 15+ years.

The fact he isn't going is a clear sign he plans on returning in 2008 IMO.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 08:12 AM

I agree.

If Favre was viewing this season as a capstone to his career, I would expect that he'd take the trip to Hawaii to say goodbye to a lot of the guys he's knocked heads with over the last 15+ years.

The fact he isn't going is a clear sign he plans on returning in 2008 IMO.

This is the most exciting news this week.

Guiness
01-25-2008, 09:20 AM

That was beach football, not volleyball.

That would be Robert Edwards.

Actually blew it out in 98 and came back in 02 with the Fins. Still playing today in CFL.

Right - I was thinking Edgerin James, but that was flag football on his own time, right?

Brees also hurt his elbow last year, I wonder if that had anything to do with his slow start this fall?

KYPack
01-25-2008, 09:09 PM
On "Inside the NFL" Peter King announced that Tom Brady said he was 100% for the Super bowl, but he was too hurt to play in the Pro bowl. Everybody laughed, Marino said, "that's a veteran talking there".

MJZiggy
01-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Wait, Favre's not going, Brady's not going, who's gonna quarterback this thing?

Partial
01-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Wait, Favre's not going, Brady's not going, who's gonna quarterback this thing?

Cleo Lemon. :lol: