View Full Version : Who would be your preseaon top 5 in the NFL right now

b bulldog
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Indiapolis Colts
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. New England Patriots

Giants, Packers, Vikings, Steelers and Browns would be my next 5.

b bulldog
01-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I think the Chargers with their talent and cap room will be a jugernaut in 08.

RashanGary
01-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Indy
NE
GB
Dallas
Tennessee

packinpatland
01-24-2008, 05:44 PM
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Indiapolis Colts
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. New England Patriots

Giants, Packers, Vikings, Steelers and Browns would be my next 5.

Why NE in 5th place?

b bulldog
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
The Titans also are interesting because of their cap room available and I could see them going after a big name WR this offseason. The Pats are going to lose probably two of these three players, Moss, Samuel or Stallworth. That is a huge loss if that happens and with their old D, they might struggle to live up to their recent standards.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Indy
NE
GB
Dallas
Tennessee

Is Vince Young not playing QB anymore?

b bulldog
01-24-2008, 05:52 PM
:lol: gOOD POINT

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
:lol: gOOD POINT

You catch Chow's comments about Young. Very telling.

BallHawk
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
In no order.

Patriots
Colts
Packers
Chargers
Cowboys

Joemailman
01-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Patriots
Packers
Colts
Chargers
Giants

Bretsky
01-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Patriots
Colts
Packers
Cowboys
Chargers

IRONIC how nobody, including me, respects the team that just kicked our ass much

I'm still sick over it

b bulldog
01-24-2008, 07:56 PM
The Giants should be in the next 5 imo. They also have one of the youngest teams and they may now have an elite QB to throw the ball at their offensive stars.

HarveyWallbangers
01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Patriots
Cowboys
Packers
Giants
Seahawks (I think they'll be tough if they can get some quality OL)

I just have a feeling the situation in San Diego is going to implode with Norv at coach and Rivers at QB. Players don't seem to be enamored with Rivers. The Colts are going to have to revamp their OL and Harrison may be at the end. They also have to resign Dallas Clark. I have a feeling they'll drop out of the top 5.

4and12to12and4
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM
I think the Chargers with their talent and cap room will be a jugernaut in 08.

I disagree. I think the Bolts destroyed their chance to be a great team, and maybe even a dynasty when they traded away Drew Brees. Philip Rivers is an average QB with an average arm and a serious attitude problem. I don't think there is good chemistry on that team, and if not for LT, they would be another Baltimore Ravens. If they would've kept Brees, who knows what they could've acheived with that unbelievable defense, I think they would've beaten the Pats. Teams wouldn't be able to put so many in the box to stop LT. Gates is a one man army as far as the passing game.

4and12to12and4
01-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Indy
NE
GB
Dallas
Tennessee

I don't see how Tennessee is even in the top ten. Vince Young seems just as confused as Michael Vick every down whether he should pass or run. He does have a much more accurate arm than Vick, but I don't think a team with a running QB like Young can ever achieve greatness. The offense will never be in sync. I don't care much for their offense at all. Their running back is 40 pounds overweight and shouldn't even be a starter. Am I missing something? I know they have a pretty good defense, but I bet they don't even make the playoffs next year.

b bulldog
01-25-2008, 07:40 AM
I'd bet anyone in here the Bolts win the title next year.

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Why NE in 5th place?

They are likely to lose some people this offseason. The big question mark is Moss. He will be a free agent, and will want a ton of cash. I'm not sure NE will pay him. A few other aging players (Seau, Bruschi) probably would retire after a SB win as well.

RIPackerFan
01-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Both Dallas and New England have significant FAs and not a lot of cap room. NE is very old at a lot of positions (especially LB). I would put them down at 5.

I would remove Dallas from the top 5 - they could lose both RBs, some of their O-line, and some of their best D players before the next year - meanwhile, TO is not getting any younger.

Indy is starting to show its age - and while I think they will be good next year - they do not have enough cap room to replace the "old parts".

I would put:
SD -young and a ton of cap room
Jacksonville - young and a ton of cap room
Giants - Strong nucleus, youth - and some cap room
Packers - Young, a lot of depths - a lot of cap room considering only significant FA to sign internally - this assumes Favre comes back
NE - may lose some players, but coaching will always put them in the mix

What would be interesting would be if SD, with their cap room, get Moss from NE. (And why wouldn't Moss want to go to SD - he would get big time bucks and still be with a team that is a contender). Also, a big time D-player FA signing would put SD in the driver's seat next year for the SB.

Guiness
01-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Indy
NE
GB
Dallas
Tennessee

Is Vince Young not playing QB anymore?

My thoughts exactly. And the big cap room won't help much, IMO, because they need too many pieces. Washington has shown us what adding too many expensive vet bodies at once can do.

I don't think Tenn belongs in the top 15, forget the top 5.

Guiness
01-25-2008, 09:25 AM
I just have a feeling the situation in San Diego is going to implode with Norv at coach and Rivers at QB. Players don't seem to be enamored with Rivers. The Colts are going to have to revamp their OL and Harrison may be at the end. They also have to resign Dallas Clark. I have a feeling they'll drop out of the top 5.

Interesting. Don't like Norv much, but I thought Rivers gained a lot of respect by toughing out his injury during the playoffs?

Agree about Indi though. I'm not so sure about them next year. Freeney better come back 100%. I love Harrison but does he have Jerry Rice type drive to keep playing???

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 10:12 AM
1. Chargers...easy division, no coaching change will help.
2. Colts...when healthy, they are as good as anyone.
3. Cowboys...they'll be strong once again in the regular season.
4. Patriots...hard to figure out just who will be back in 2008. Will drop more if Moss isn't back.
5. Jaguars...scary team, but can't get past Indy.