PDA

View Full Version : Best Patriots killer

Harlan Huckleby
01-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Pretend you could send any opponent to the Super Bowl

Joemailman
01-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Giants. Down the stretch, they played the best of any of those teams. Really, Giants and Packers are virtually a toss-up. Dallas wasn't playing well, and Colts didn't have a healthy Harrison, and didn't have Freeney at all.

pbmax
01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Jessica Simpson and Bridget Moynahan.

Bretsky
01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Where is "None of the Above" ??

4and12to12and4
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
It's gotta be the Colts. The Giants are gonna get destroyed. The Cowboys have nothing more than a poor man's Favre behind center. The Colts already HAVE beaten the Patriots in the playoffs in their dynasty era these past six years. Last year. And were able to come back from 21 to do it. Not having Freeney would hurt, and I'm not saying they would beat them, they simply have the best chance. We have WAY too much youth in key positions to beat them. Their offense would pick apart our simple defense and win by three touchdowns unless Favre had the best game of his career, and based on his recent playoff games, I wouldn't bet on that.

Harlan Huckleby
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Colts, Dallas and Green Bay have more potent offenses than NY. But then again, I don't know that any team can match N.E. in a high scoring game.

The Giants are tough in the trenches. They are confident, on a roll. They played the Patriots tough recently. And they are going to get a lift from two weeks rest. I think the Giants have the best shot, this is probably the best matchup the NFL can offer.

b bulldog
01-25-2008, 07:39 AM
A healthy Colts team by a landslide.

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 08:36 AM

I'm assuming the question was based on how things were happening this year...so the Colts were not healthy.

RashanGary
01-25-2008, 08:47 AM
The right team is in the superbowl. The Packers were too young and thin at DT and not good enough on the OL to really run the ball consistantly. I think Harrell and Jolly are going to make a big difference next year on the DL and if we find a way to keep Williams, the NFC better watch out. I also think Grant and Jackson will be better and I know Wynn had injury problems, but I think he could be somethign too. Not to mention the rest of the youngest roster in the league getting better. Right now, they were a little too young and a little lucky at times.

The Giants only problem this year was inconsistancy (partially due to installing a new defense) and also turnovers. They've gotten more consistant in both areas and have the DL rotation to really pressure Brady and stop the run with just the front 4.

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2008, 08:55 AM
19-0

Giants are gritty, and all, but come on, two weeks to game plan? Forget about it.

denverYooper
01-25-2008, 09:12 AM
The Pack was the only one of the four that didn't get a shot. I really wanted to see Bigby lay Welker out in the middle :).

But oh well, they let the opportunity pass them by... c'est la vie.

Funny that no one's voted for the Cowpokes yet.

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Giants are gritty, and all, but come on, two weeks to game plan? Forget about it.

Agreed. The Giants played a nearly flawless game a few weeks ago against the Patriots...on their home field...in weather conditions that slightly favored them...and still lost.

This game will not be on their home field...the weather won't be a factor...and I expect the Patriots will roll because the Giants are bound to not play flawless football forever.

RashanGary
01-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Nah, Giants have this one :roll:

The question wasn't "who's going to win", the question was "who has the best shot". With that in mind, how do you answer "who has the best shot" with "come on, the Patriots are going to roll."?

The Leaper
01-25-2008, 10:06 AM
With that in mind, how do you answer "who has the best shot" with "come on, the Patriots are going to roll."?

Because the Patriots were going to be 19-0 regardless of who they played this year.

Harlan Huckleby
01-25-2008, 06:14 PM

I'm assuming the question was based on how things were happening this year...so the Colts were not healthy.

Packers would have been a stronger team with Jolly & Cole available for playoffs.

b bulldog
01-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Against the run but neither are passrushers and Eli had all day long to throw the damn ball. I think at one point, he even had his hands in his pantys trying to keep them warm, waiting for his WR's to make their break.