PDA

View Full Version : Lions release DT Wilkinson

Tony Oday
05-22-2006, 05:32 PM
hehe rotate him, Pickett and Jackson in the middle ;) Barnett would never even SEE a O lineman much less get blocked by one!

Deputy Nutz
05-23-2006, 09:24 AM
I think that he might retire. Thats why they let him go.

No Mo Moss
05-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Someone explain to me why we didn't go after this guy 3 years ago when he was sitting on the open market for months and we had a huge hole in the middle of the D-Line. eventually we would get Grady, but why in the hell didn't we get this guy here.

gureski
05-23-2006, 10:20 AM
We don't need this aging and overpaid guy to be Grady Jackson 2. Heck, we no longer need Jackson 1 either. Allen, the guy we signed from the Giants, may end up starting. He's good. We also have all those young guys to rotate in. Why go get a guy like Wilkinson when we have guys as good as he is on the team now?

Come to think of it....wasn't Wilkinson the idiot who blew that game up in Lambeau last year with some stupid penalty that gave the Packers new life on a key drive at the end of the game?

MadtownPacker
05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I disagree that we dont need Grady. He might be a overweight slob but he performed well the last 3 years. If he is able to play I would be thrilled for TT to get him on the cheap.

HarveyWallbangers
05-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Someone explain to me why we didn't go after this guy 3 years ago when he was sitting on the open market for months and we had a huge hole in the middle of the D-Line. eventually we would get Grady, but why in the hell didn't we get this guy here.

Because he was mostly a huge disappointment in Cincinnati and Washington--although he was better in Washington.

Chester Marcol
05-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Sign Wilkinson + sign back Grady + sign any other tub-o-lard

=

Best goaline defense ever!!