PDA

View Full Version : Al Harris - stud to dud in 7 days

Partial
01-27-2008, 02:52 AM
See above. Everyone and their mother is being too hard on him. He had two bad games. I expect he'll rebound.

Kiwon
01-27-2008, 04:40 AM
I agree, but he's not getting any younger.

twoseven
01-27-2008, 06:06 AM
I would imagine there are at least 15-20 other teams in the NFL that would kill to have this guy on their roster. I say trade him to one of them or get of his back, hopefully the latter. He spent a majority of 07' taking big name WRs OUT of games. Look at the coaching decisions that did not adjust the scheme for the bigger physical WRs before you hang AH out on an island and place all the blame on him.

MJZiggy
01-27-2008, 08:03 AM
I'd keep him...

Patler
01-27-2008, 08:05 AM
I'd keep him...

So would I, but I would also be scrambling to find his successor for 2009.

b bulldog
01-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Nobody wants him out but I think he was our second best corner this year and he is on the decline imo

Tony Oday
01-27-2008, 11:00 AM
I want to keep him but the secondary coach should be shot for not rolling over double coverage to help out the long haired hippie ;)

Harlan Huckleby
01-27-2008, 11:17 AM
He had two bad games. I expect he'll rebound.

The two bad games were in the two most important games of the season. These were the tests of his supposed status as an exellent player - matched up against excellent recievers in big games.

The results are in, Al HArris is just an average cornerback. He's neither a stud or a dud.

Charles Woodson
01-27-2008, 11:55 AM

The two bad games were in the two most important games of the season. These were the tests of his supposed status as an exellent player - matched up against excellent recievers in big games.

It was the DC's fault for not getting him help after continually being attacked, and beaten. They really should have tried putting woodson on Plaxiglass, or even T.O if he had been healthy that game... The fact is that if the reciever is bigger than Harris he will struggle

Harlan Huckleby
01-27-2008, 11:59 AM
all cornerbacks deal with the issue of tall receivers, part of the job description. (Harris is taller than most corners.) They have to rely on timing and athletic ability to break-up passes.

Charles Woodson
01-27-2008, 12:25 PM
all cornerbacks deal with the issue of tall receivers, part of the job description. (Harris is taller than most corners.) They have to rely on timing and athletic ability to break-up passes.

true, i guess i never knew how tall he actually was (6-1) for some reason i thought he was like 5-11

twoseven
01-27-2008, 12:32 PM

The results are in, Al HArris is just an average cornerback. He's neither a stud or a dud.
I dare say the same about Favre (@ DAL, @ CHI when homefield was in line, vs NYG at home last wkd), but nobody is trading his entire body of work for those 2-3 games.

Patler
01-27-2008, 01:07 PM
I dare say the same about Favre (@ DAL, @ CHI when homefield was in line, vs NYG at home last wkd), but nobody is trading his entire body of work for those 2-3 games.

Read McGinn's article about Favre.

Bretsky
01-27-2008, 03:03 PM
I just watched the game on TV for the first time thanks to OregonPackerFan.

Bob Sanders did not adjust his coverage on Burress until he had 9 catches for 132 yards

Inexcusable. Sanders was junk last Sunday too.

twoseven
01-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Read McGinn's article about Favre.
Thanks for saving me the time of actually reading it, I'm convinced it's bullshit already.

b bulldog
01-27-2008, 07:43 PM
They adjusted coverage in the second half. MM stated that he had a probowl corner who's job it was to shut down the oppossing teams #1 WR, he obviously couldn't do it .

Partial
01-27-2008, 08:00 PM
I, for one, am very surprised by Bob McGinn's latest article taking a good look at Favre, Harris and the coaching staff. It seems to me that he thinks radical changes are needed to get to the top. I don't think so.

The reason Favre looked cold is because it was FUCKING cold. It was the third coldest game in NFL history. Everyone looked cold. His receivers didn't get open and he was facing a great defense with a menacing pass rush. Tuck showed me that he was worth every penny they paid him!!

Bretsky
01-27-2008, 08:05 PM
They adjusted coverage in the second half. MM stated that he had a probowl corner who's job it was to shut down the oppossing teams #1 WR, he obviously couldn't do it .

I watched the game again today; I don't think they adjusted anything til mid 3rd quarter when Plax had put up 9 catches for 132 yards

MJZiggy
01-27-2008, 08:08 PM
In the halftime report, they mentioned that Sanders had a cloud cover package, that they would use only if they needed it. Apparently as of halftime, he didn't see the need just yet.

b bulldog
01-27-2008, 09:14 PM
I was cold but Eli looked sharp in that weather but their runninmg game also helped him. Brett doesn't look very good in cold weather any longer. It seemed as though the Gmen were the better team, that was why they won.

Guiness
01-28-2008, 12:22 AM

I think what Harris struggles with is receivers that are stronger than him. He is very strong, and overpowers WRs. TO and Plex are both very strong as well, and he can't muscle those guys around.

woodbuck27
01-28-2008, 03:07 PM

I think what Harris struggles with is receivers that are stronger than him. He is very strong, and overpowers WRs. TO and Plex are both very strong as well, and he can't muscle those guys around.

it was a classic case of the Mutt and Jeff match-up.

and JEFF laughed all the way. Plaxico Burress was batting Al Harris away like a pesky deer fly and laughing a ton to boot. Besides a Plaxico beats an Al any day of the week.

I hoped that surely MM would realize that? N.O.P.E.

Really wasn,t that just too sad to see. Coughlan could have gone to Eli to Plaxico all day. Like the old days of Favre to Sterling Sharpe.

Domination.

woodbuck27
01-28-2008, 03:09 PM

Hey GUINESS. How in Hell are ya?

Thought you had taken a trip up the Amazon. Havn't seen you for awhile. Now that doesn't mean you havn't been here.