PDA

View Full Version : Dump Bob Sanders, Hire Greg Williams?

motife
01-27-2008, 02:07 PM
more speculation from a WI news organization.

Tony Oday
01-27-2008, 02:20 PM
If it gets us a new secondary coach I would say fire everyone :)

MJZiggy
01-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Are we guaranteed to get Williams if we fire Sanders? Furthermore, are we firing Sanders because he's bad or just because we think Williams is better?

Deputy Nutz
01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Are we guaranteed to get Williams if we fire Sanders? Furthermore, are we firing Sanders because he's bad or just because we think Williams is better?

You fire Sanders if you sign Williams.

Bretsky
01-27-2008, 03:11 PM
not a Sanders fan

Partial
01-27-2008, 03:17 PM
I don't care for the passive scheme. I like Gregg Williams primarily because I really like Jeff Fisher.

MJZiggy
01-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Was the Redskins defense better than ours?

Partial
01-27-2008, 03:21 PM
I would say yes. They are at least close and they have less talent. Williams is really flexible in that he'll attack sometimes, play cover 2 at others, etc.

MJZiggy
01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
In what regard?

Bretsky
01-27-2008, 03:24 PM

I think we had more talent; but one could argue they were better.

MJZiggy
01-27-2008, 03:33 PM

Was it scheme that made them better? player utilization or what? How were they better?

Partial
01-27-2008, 03:34 PM

Was it scheme that made them better? player utilization or what? How were they better?

Better exploitation of an opponent.

Bretsky
01-27-2008, 03:42 PM

Unpredictablilty is what makes Greg Williams far superior as a coach than Bob Sanders.

LL2
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't care for the passive scheme. I like Gregg Williams primarily because I really like Jeff Fisher.

I like Jeff Fisher, but what do the two have in common? Did they coach together. I'm all for a better defensive scheme, but we can't change the system entirely on defense. This year is the first time the D had cohesiveness and continuity playing in the same system. Fire Shotty, the rest of the D played fine.

Partial
01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Williams is a Fisher disciple.

Oscar
01-27-2008, 04:35 PM
I'd say M.M. should at least consider a change. I'm not a Sanders hater for the record.....lol. M.M. seems to be very loyal to his coaches...But, if he is gonna grow as a coach he is gonna have to judge his staff's performance (including his own) just the same as his players.. We have a young team so now might be the time to consider a change.

FritzDontBlitz
01-27-2008, 05:54 PM

Both. Much better defensive schemes and better utilization of players by far.

motife
01-27-2008, 05:59 PM
the WI news organization mentioned that Greg Williams game plans are very Bellichick like. That is, they make the other team's offense one dimensional, forcing them to beat you with the weaker part of their game.

MJZiggy
01-27-2008, 06:08 PM
I love when I ask a question and I get good answers...!

:wave:

mission
01-27-2008, 06:09 PM

the packers played the redskins this year... did you even watch the game? the guy is a mastermind...

our D underachieved and more importantly didn't make adjustments when it mattered most. remember at the start of the year when a lot of us were talkin g about how great our D would be? because on paper its pretty solid all the way through.

no one can make a reasonable argument that the skins d on paper even comes close to ours talent wise... yet they performed

all his peers call him a genius..... but hey... gotta have loyalty right? lol I'm glad some of yall are stuck on the couch or we'd be in big trouble

Partial
01-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I don't think Sanders is terrible by any means, but I think we could certainly upgrade. With that said, I don't see it happening for the sake of continuity. However, Williams is a very good coach that would certainly improve the level of understanding for our players, and is a mastermind at scheming.

Bretsky
01-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Williams to GB is a pipe dream

I'd be surprised if McGinn has any remote evidence that it's even being considered

He's one of the best though; to be honest Jim Bates was successful mixing things up fairly well also. I'd take him over Sanders in a heartbeat.

The Leaper
01-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Williams is a clear upgrade to Sanders...it isn't even close. He has more experience and a better pedigree IMO.

It won't happen...which is why I doubt Green Bay will take a step forward next year.

MJZiggy
01-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Williams is due to interview in Jacksonville in the next couple days.

Cheesehead Craig
01-28-2008, 08:57 AM
MM won't fire Sanders, not after a 13-3 season. We can talk all we want about wanting Williams, but it's not going to happen.

Bretsky
01-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Williams is due to interview in Jacksonville in the next couple days.

He'll be good wherever he goes

It'd take some huge stones to dump the Dobber after a 13-3 season no matter how much he sucked in the last game and his first year as DC minus the last four games.

Oscar
01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
What about Winston Moss?

Freak Out
01-28-2008, 08:21 PM
How did Plastico do against the Skins this year?

Bretsky
01-28-2008, 09:58 PM
What about Winston Moss?

Seems like a up and comer; but Williams is already there

Moss serves as another reason GB would never bring Williams in though IMO