PDA

View Full Version : Tax Rebate

LL2
01-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Is it about time? Too little too late? Or will the economy be doing just fine by the time they send the frickin' checks?

I'm all for them. Send me all my tax money back! If I were President I would abolish the current system and privatize everything. I'd have more money to invest and send my kids to private schools.

Of course none of this is realistic, because most people do not know how to manage money. When a presidential candidate ask "Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?" and actually think the government should make them better off.

I'm no economist, but recessions are a natural part of economic cycles, which in the log run are for the better of the economy.

Partial
01-27-2008, 08:02 PM
I think its a terrible idea to do when our current government is still spending as if money grows on trees. If they wanted to stiumlate the economy, they should have passed out check cards that can only be used at retailers.

SkinBasket
01-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I love the poor fucking slobs of this country enjoying a massive government sponsored shopping spree at my expense. It's fucking spectacular!! Hooah capitalism?

RashanGary
01-27-2008, 09:12 PM
I love the poor fucking slobs of this country enjoying a massive government sponsored shopping spree at my expense. It's fucking spectacular!! Hooah capitalism?

I thought you were unemployed. That's what Partial hinted to anyway.

SkinBasket
01-27-2008, 09:19 PM

Our household income puts us above the proposed limit. Partial has a poor understanding of what employed means, or what a household is for that matter. He also has a poor understanding of a measuring tape.

RashanGary
01-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I like Partials evolution. He went from an unsure kid who tried to avoid looking stupid by socially triangulating to a person recognizes social accpeted behavior and now lives and breaths it to the point of looking down his nose at others.

He's now ready for the real world.

Partial
01-27-2008, 11:10 PM

Our household income puts us above the proposed limit. Partial has a poor understanding of what employed means, or what a household is for that matter. He also has a poor understanding of a measuring tape.

I reiterate that I have no problems with someone staying at home, but I do have a problem with somebody who's live is essentially a vacation to tell everyone else they should work instead of surfing the forums, and blah blah blah.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 09:04 AM
God help your children if they ever come to exist. Your wife won't need help because she'll be banging the milkman while complaining about what a clueless asshole of a husband she has.

You got any friends with little kids? Offer to take care of them for a week. Just 7 days. Not even two weeks, much less 10, 15, 18 years. Then tell me how splendid a vacation it was.

Now get to work you lazy fuck. You're one of those poor bastards that's going to be spending our money, you might as well try to earn it.

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 09:13 AM
I was listening to Bob Brinker, the "Money Talk" show host on the wireless. He's a very conservative guy who knows everything about finance.

He thought the stimulus plan was exellent. Said it was not a cure-all, but a useful piece of the puzzle. Praised it for getting money in the hands of people who will likely spend. Emphasized its not intended to be fair.

My opinion is that it is a ridiculous idea to borrow money and pump it into the economy, espcially since it really is such a miniscule amount compared to the total economy. But I don't know anything.

Joemailman
01-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Sort of depends on what people do with it. If they spend it, it may have an effect. If they apply it to their Visa bill, not so much.

I got a really good cholesterol reading at my doctor appointment the other day, and don't have to have it checked for another year. So I'm gonna spend mine on double cheeseburgers at Culver's.

The Leaper
01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
My opinion is that it is a ridiculous idea to borrow money and pump it into the economy, espcially since it really is such a miniscule amount compared to the total economy. But I don't know anything.

It is more about mindset. The extra money helps motivate people toward seeing the economy positively and spending additional money.

The only way to truly help our economic condition is to strengthen the dollar by imposing more protectionist trade laws. Free trade will not help the US. We have the strongest economy in the world...it does not help our citizens to allow other nations free entry into it. Yeah, some things might be cheaper by a few cents here and there...but if the dollar declines in value, our purchasing power is reduced regardless.

Goods imported from other nations should have to pay to get into our system...and all that extra revenue should go straight to the national debt. It is like having the most exclusive club in LA, but not charging a cover cost. Anyone looking to sell a product desperately wants to get into our market...and we should benefit from it, not give it away stupidly. It doesn't have to be punitive. Even placing a tariff of just a couple pennies on every piece of merchandise entering our nation will reap billions in revenue.

Partial
01-28-2008, 10:19 AM
God help your children if they ever come to exist. Your wife won't need help because she'll be banging the milkman while complaining about what a clueless asshole of a husband she has.

You got any friends with little kids? Offer to take care of them for a week. Just 7 days. Not even two weeks, much less 10, 15, 18 years. Then tell me how splendid a vacation it was.

Now get to work you lazy fuck. You're one of those poor bastards that's going to be spending our money, you might as well try to earn it.

Shut up with the spending your money bullshit. Just because your wife works doesn't mean that you live a tough life. That is a load of BS. I work 40 hours a week and go to school full time with a challenging major. Don't give me that crap about how I need to get to work. I am extremely busy. My guess is when you're out playing with your friend nutz on weekends I am at work doing what it takes to get by. I don't have a sugar mama to take care of me.

Give me a break about spending your money. That is ludacris. That money is going to go towards my tuition, not towards some toy that I can play with on my days off.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 10:25 AM
That money is going to go towards my tuition, not towards some toy that I can play with on my days off.

You mean like the $300 you just dropped on that dumb little computer you were trying to hawk on here last week?

Partial, you must be the first person who's ever had to have a job and go to college at the same time. You are unique and no one has ever lived as difficult and challenging a life as you have. My cock salutes you.

Now get back to work you lazy bastard. And don't waste all my money in one place unless it's the strip club.

Partial
01-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Again, you don't have any real answers, just your tough guy act.

I guess getting a 300 dollar computer is totally unreasonable. I remember you posting about your 800 dollar computer recently. And you don't even have a job. It takes a lot of audacity to criticize others who easily put in 70 hour weeks, when you put in 0 hours.

You should say I am sick of people getting handouts while my wife pays high taxes. I think its BS too. But to act like you pay for anything is idiotic. You are a babysitter. You could be replaced by a 14 year old girl.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 10:53 AM

I guess getting a 300 dollar computer is totally unreasonable. I remember you posting about your 800 dollar computer recently. And you don't even have a job. It takes a lot of audacity to criticize others who easily put in 70 hour weeks, when you put in 0 hours.

You should say I am sick of people getting handouts while my wife pays high taxes. I think its BS too. But to act like you pay for anything is idiotic. You are a babysitter. You could be replaced by a 14 year old girl.

Your parents must have really been terrible. The only "tough guy act" I see here is your ridiculous assertion that you're a more important person because you have an internship and I raise my kids.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 11:10 AM
And the computer cost a grand, not 800.

Now get back to work. You're very busy after all.

Partial
01-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Your parents must have really been terrible. The only "tough guy act" I see here is your ridiculous assertion that you're a more important person because you have an internship and I raise my kids.

My mom stayed home when we were little. The difference is when posted on online forums she respected the people that do work and adjusted accordingly. She didn't expect everyone else to sacrifice so she could do whatever she wanted. That is the point I have been making all along.

No one is saying they're more important than anyone. If anything, your statement telling everyone to suck it up and deal so you can do what you want makes it seem like you think you're more important than everyone.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 11:39 AM
My mom stayed home when we were little. The difference is when posted on online forums she respected the people that do work and adjusted accordingly. She didn't expect everyone else to sacrifice so she could do whatever she wanted. That is the point I have been making all along.

You've been trying to make the point that your mom respected people posting on forums while at work circa 1986? Sorry, that one was lost on me.

No one is saying they're more important than anyone. If anything, your statement telling everyone to suck it up and deal so you can do what you want makes it seem like you think you're more important than everyone.

I didn't tell you to suck it up. I told you to get your lazy ass back to work instead of telling me how busy you are at your very important job - sorry, internship. You seem to be confused about where and when you are. You must be fatigued from post... I mean working so hard.

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2008, 11:43 AM
That money is going to go towards my tuition, not towards some toy that I can play with on my days off.

You mean like the $300 you just dropped on that dumb little computer you were trying to hawk on here last week?

Partial, you must be the first person who's ever had to have a job and go to college at the same time. You are unique and no one has ever lived as difficult and challenging a life as you have. My cock salutes you.

Now get back to work you lazy bastard. And don't waste all my money in one place unless it's the strip club.

And remember he has to deal with being white as well.

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2008, 11:47 AM

Guess what, that 14 year old girl cost 7 dollars an hour. No shit that is what I pay the 14 year old babysitter. 7 dollars an hour cash money. Thats like a 12 dollar an hour job in taxation America. If I took my kids to a suitable daycare I could look at spending close to 1800 dollars a month just on child care. I am a teacher by trade, you do the fucking math.

Partial
01-28-2008, 12:05 PM
You too are dense. Who cares what you do? I couldn't care less what you have to do. Its the self-important attitude of "if you're at work get to work" or "if you're at work you're taking a risk". If Skin didn't post inappropriate pictures on pages, then I wouldn't have to take the risk.

That is the entire point.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
I think you're still confused as to where you are. Or it could just be that you're trying to bail yourself out of looking like a complete self-important numbnuts by trying to make this about other threads instead of you thinking parents have no value when compared to your important internship.

BTW, when you call someone dense, you might want to spell "two" correctly.

retailguy
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/jfa0348l.jpg

MadtownPacker
01-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I like Partials evolution. He went from an unsure kid who tried to avoid looking stupid by socially triangulating to a person recognizes social accpeted behavior and now lives and breaths it to the point of looking down his nose at others.

He's now ready for the real world.Haha, that a damn good post. :lol:

Partial
01-28-2008, 12:52 PM

A false one at that :wink:

Zool
01-28-2008, 12:53 PM

A false one at that :wink:

True enough, not ready for the real world. (dog pile on D!)

Partial
01-28-2008, 12:54 PM
That is probably a very true statement!!

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 01:26 PM
You are a babysitter. You could be replaced by a 14 year old girl.

That is SO wrong!! Nobody can take the place of a parent caring for their children...nobody!! And NO they can't be replaced by a 14 year old...or a 16 year old or an adult at daycare. I think it's great if a parent can stay home with the kids before they get in school. I'm not going to go into the perspective of a single mom who works over 40 hours a week....but I will say for years I have worked weekends (and yes, I'm lucky I can make my schedule) in order to be off work at the time my kids get off school in the early afternoon...to avoid daycare.

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 01:27 PM
I forgot this stuff was in the tax rebate thread....lol

The economy will not be seeing my money. It will go toward my daughter's braces. :D

Partial
01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
You are a babysitter. You could be replaced by a 14 year old girl.

That is SO wrong!! Nobody can take the place of a parent caring for their children...nobody!! And NO they can't be replaced by a 14 year old...or a 16 year old or an adult at daycare. I think it's great if a parent can stay home with the kids before they get in school. I'm not going to go into the perspective of a single mom who works over 40 hours a week....but I will say for years I have worked weekends (and yes, I'm lucky I can make my schedule) in order to be off work at the time my kids get off school in the early afternoon...to avoid daycare.

I agree. But when you're at home with your kids, you're not posting inappropriate pictures and telling those at work tough luck that they might see them.

hoosier
01-28-2008, 02:38 PM

The economy will not be seeing my money. It will go toward my daughter's braces. :D

You say it's going for braces, but the economy just might be seeing your money two-fold or more: first the ortho gets it, then s/he pays taxes, then s/he pays the mortgage, the insurance, and the staff, then they pay their taxes, then they buy frozen dinners (their spouses don't stay home to cook), and so on. Its tentacles are everywhere.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
I agree.

Yeah. You're comments in this thread clearly demonstrate that. :roll:

But when you're at home with your kids, you're not posting inappropriate pictures and telling those at work tough luck that they might see them.

This thread has nothing to do with posting pictures dill hole. Stop trying to jump off your sunken ship.

And hey, get back to work you lazy fuck. I don't want my 300 bucks going towards ramen because you got your ass fired for jerking off on an on-line forum all day.

Partial
01-28-2008, 03:10 PM
My job involves a very unsteady workflow. I didn't have a lot to do today. I was done with my daily tasks within two hours.

twoseven
01-28-2008, 03:15 PM
If I took my kids to a suitable daycare I could look at spending close to 1800 dollars a month just on child care. I am a teacher by trade, you do the fucking math.
My math says 1800 a month for more than one kid fulltime is still getting off light. Seems every DC in my neighborhood will hang you up for at least that, if not approaching double for some really nice locales a few miles west of me. Hey, at least there you'll be the coolest 2-4 year old on your block.

Daycare is just that romperroom shit you pay for that prepares you better to handle K-12 private school and continued finanacial fleecing, right before you invest the rest of it in that lakehouse you always wanted..I mean college tuition for you kids.

(In a parental, scolding tone) Button up Partial, that drunken wild sex romp you call higher learning is no cheap handout. You must apply yourself to more than just a good woman and a longneck or you could end up flipping Skinbasket's burger one day. Remember what Judge Smails said, 'the world needs ditch diggers too.' :wink:

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I was done with my daily tasks within two hours.

Must be nice. Almost like being on vacation.

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 04:42 PM

Back when I did my internship, it seemed tough...worked 8:00-5:00 (for free...that was before they ever paid for interns) and then worked a night job to live on. Looking back it wasn't so bad....no pressure/job stress....heck you can't get fired.

MJZiggy
01-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I've done both. Did the (yes, unpaid) internship with the various jobs to pay the bills while I was in college, and then after years of working, quit to stay home. My ex traveled and I had permanent 24/7 kid duty. Partial, comparatively you have it easy. Just about the time you start to figure the little buggers out, they learn to walk and you have to have eyes in the back of your head. And did I mention the 24/7 part? It was almost 4 years before I got a break, and just about the time he was getting to be truly fun to hang out with (not that I didn't love being with him before, but this is different), he went to school.

Skin keep your work contacts up because there will come a time when even if you don't have to, you're gonna want to go back to work just for your sanity (you might even be there already) and once the working world decides that your past work experiences are too long ago, getting a job becomes a real bitch.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Skin keep your work contacts up because there will come a time when even if you don't have to, you're gonna want to go back to work just for your sanity (you might even be there already) and once the working world decides that your past work experiences are too long ago, getting a job becomes a real bitch.

I worked the same place for 6 years during college then while the wife went to law school, so I only have one contact. And I doubt I'm going back to Madison just to work. I'm thinking more like one of those luggage handlers at the airport. Something I can throw my back out on and collect workers comp. Maybe get on Social Security early and take some of Partial's money to even the score.

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 06:22 PM

You say it's going for braces, but the economy just might be seeing your money two-fold or more: first the ortho gets it, then s/he pays taxes, then s/he pays the mortgage, the insurance, and the staff, then they pay their taxes, then they buy frozen dinners (their spouses don't stay home to cook), and so on. Its tentacles are everywhere.

There's no end to the multiplier effect. Someday, perhaps someday soon, that flashy new smile is going to lead to some courting. Think of the flower shops, fancy new shoes, bar tabs.

Little Whiskey
01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
the problem with the "refund" is that most of the people are going to spend the money to pay down debt. Thats what i'm doing with it.

I don't mind the Gov't giving me back some of the money i paid in. what pisses me off is the fact that they are giving it "back" to some who haven't payed anything into it. kinda like going to the store asking for a refund for shit you didn't buy and you don't have merchandise to return to the store. your just in line cause a line was forming. Bullshit!

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't mind the Gov't giving me back some of the money i paid in.

that's not what they are doing. the idea is to stimulate the economy in the most efficient way possible. the money didn't come from you, it is coming from Chinese investors, paid back by your grandchildren.

Partial
01-28-2008, 07:28 PM

Almost. Do you actually play with your kids or do you post online all day? You posted all day today. When was all the hard work of taking care of your kids.

Me, I left the house at 6:30. I just got back now. This is the earliest I get home during the week. Go figure. Must be like a vacation :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
There seems to be a lot anger and sexual tension between Partial & Skinbasket. I wonder what really happened during that Bears game weekend. Whatever it is, I wish you guys would take your quarrel to PM. You're upsetting me.

Freak Out
01-28-2008, 08:15 PM
There seems to be a lot anger and sexual tension between Partial & Skinbasket. I wonder what really happened during that Bears game weekend. Whatever it is, I wish you guys would take your quarrel to PM. You're upsetting me.

All thats needed is a little tax rebate.

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 08:26 PM
btw, the justification for not giving a rebate to people over a certain income level is that they are unlikely to spend it. For a lot of reasons, I think this is true. Since the goal is only to maximize stimulation (that has an appealing ring to it) the cap makes sense.

retailguy
01-28-2008, 08:27 PM

I worked the same place for 6 years during college then while the wife went to law school, so I only have one contact. And I doubt I'm going back to Madison just to work. I'm thinking more like one of those luggage handlers at the airport. Something I can throw my back out on and collect workers comp. Maybe get on Social Security early and take some of Partial's money to even the score.

So, you wait long enough, the truth comes out..... You've had ONE job for SIX years. That's IT? You prance around here like you are some fucking expert and then reality hits and you are some insignificant house husband who can't make it on his own, and has probably never had a decent job.

And spare me the self serving, "I'm raising my kids line". The kids you raise will be "drive by shooting" the neighborhood at 12. If you are who you say you are, it scares the crap out of me to think that you're passing on your morals, values, and "expert" points of view to impressionable youngsters, even if you somehow fathered them. Your poor children have no hope, unless your wife is an amazing woman. Since she puts up with you there is at least some hope of that. (Please God, let that be true).

The only side benefit is that 5 minutes after your daughter turns 18, you'll be posting her nude pics in the garbage can, like you do every other naked thing you can find. Equal opportunity, right? :roll:

You really are a "know it all" deadbeat. SIX years. And an EXPERT. Wow. What a fucking moron. :shock: Why don't you crawl back into your $200k hovel and stay there? If I had a dollar for every idiot that wandered through my doors with my retail store and "knew how to do it better than me", I'd be Bill Gates rich. Idiots like you don't know squat... You don't have enough experience to find the fucking building much less do anything meaningful in life.

It's a fucking joke that you've given Partial as hard a time as you have. At least he's out there trying out the world, instead of hiding behind an extremely intelligent and tolerant skirt.

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 08:28 PM
What is the cap on the rebate?

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 08:35 PM

I heard 75K for single person. But I just read that the Senate Finance Committee offered a version with no cap at all.

I just got the solution:
They should just hide $1000 checks inside of American-made refrigerators and couches and such. this is a GENIUS idea.

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
At least he's out there trying out the world, instead of hiding behind an extremely intelligent and tolerant skirt.

That's hitting below the belt. If the goal is for one parent to stay home and one be in the workforce, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it to be the male rather than the female. When I was married and my kids were small I earned more money then he did. If we had chose one of us to stay at home it would have been him. Instead we worked opposite shifts. That has it's drawbacks too.

I think you may be taking skin's online persona a bit too realistic.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Almost. Do you actually play with your kids or do you post online all day? You posted all day today. When was all the hard work of taking care of your kids.

Me, I left the house at 6:30. I just got back now. This is the earliest I get home during the week. Go figure. Must be like a vacation :lol:

Poor partial. Such a hard hard life.

You have no fucking idea. None. I know you college guys like to think you've got it all figured out. Guess what? You don't. You think life is hard because you have to do two things at once? Whooptie fucking doo.

Me, I get up in the middle of the night, every night, to feed and change a baby. After he goes to bed again, I get up at 4:30-5:50 every morning to feed him again and take care of the 3 year old, who's usually awake. the next 14 hours are spent playing, feeding, cleaning, teaching, helping, changing diapers, etc. I also have a house to take care of, food to buy, meals to make, places to go. Really, that's just the beginning. Every few hours, I like to pretend I still have time for myself. I'll look at a few websites for all of 10 minutes. If they both nap at the same time, I'll work out and maybe, just maybe, get the chance to eat a real lunch. The rest of the afternoon is filled with running, crying, screaming, whining, and more shit to do - including cleaning up the giant fucking mess the house has become during the day. Then I get to bathe them and put them to bed around 6 or 7pm. Then I get to make dinner and drink. Maybe I'll take a shower. Maybe not because it's 10pm an I'll be up again in 3-4 hours.

These past two days I'm lucky. The oldest is at his grandparents for two days. Thats my fucking vacation. Great. I get to look at the internet a little more. Listen to some music. Wild fucking times.

And if I'm sick? guess what? I don't get to call in sick. I can be puking my guts out, shitting fire out my ass. That doesn't mean the kids give a shit or my wife, who works a real job, not an internship, can just stay home that day. If I'm tired? too fucking bad. I can't quit my job and go work at Sears hawking washers and dryers.

Get the fucking idea? You think life is hard when you're doing shit for yourself you selfish little squeeb? Try living life for yourself and three other people and get back to me. It's rewarding. It's great. I love it. It's what being a family - something o f which you seem to have a complete lack of understanding - is about. Just don't try to compare your "hard knock life" as a student with a job (like 80% of the rest of college kids) to living life outside your insulated little turd world.

The difference here is that I've done what you've done, and then some. And now I'm doing this. You haven't, but you sure as shit seem to think you have. you think you're unique. That somehow you have it harder than most. understand there are tens of millions of people out there who have it worse - far worse, than I do, as parents. Not as intern/students/egomaniacs, but as parents. So buck up fucker, and get to work. I'm sure that 2 hours really kills you. I'll be sure to cry for you tonight when I fall asleep with my cock in my hand.

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 08:41 PM
(yukky stuff)

Christ. Retail, I know you're not the only one doing it, but this business of attacking somebody over their personal life is getting way too nasty.

Fun and games is fine, but making judgements about other peoples character and personal circumstance based on a few personal disclosures is gross.

How about a truce.

retailguy
01-28-2008, 08:43 PM
At least he's out there trying out the world, instead of hiding behind an extremely intelligent and tolerant skirt.

That's hitting below the belt. If the goal is for one parent to stay home and one be in the workforce, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it to be the male rather than the female. When I was married and my kids were small I earned more money then he did. If we had chose one of us to stay at home it would have been him. Instead we worked opposite shifts. That has it's drawbacks too.

I think you may be taking skin's online persona a bit too realistic.

I really don't think it is hitting below the belt. You read the drivel he posts here and the "unbarred" grief he gives others. Hell, read this thread and see what he's said just about Partial. Then you find out the truth.

Nope, I think I've called this one right. I'm usually a pretty understanding guy. Not with this idiot. He's either created a "dick" personality, or it is who he really is. Either way, if he can "dish it" he can take it...

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 08:44 PM
And if I'm sick?

If? If? :lol:

down boy. this has gotten out of hand.

retailguy
01-28-2008, 08:45 PM

I heard 75K for single person. But I just read that the Senate Finance Committee offered a version with no cap at all.

I just got the solution:
They should just hide $1000 checks inside of American-made refrigerators and couches and such. this is a GENIUS idea.

$75k for single people and I think $150k for married families (but I didn't look it up).

retailguy
01-28-2008, 08:47 PM
(yukky stuff)

Christ. Retail, I know you're not the only one doing it, but this business of attacking somebody over their personal life is getting way too nasty.

Fun and games is fine, but making judgements about other peoples character and personal circumstance based on a few personal disclosures is gross.

How about a truce.

A truce? You think HE wants a truce? Read what he's said about Partial. READ IT. Read the crap in the garbage can. THEN read who he is, what he does, how he thinks, and how he judges others... Then tell me again that I'm outta line.

Then I'll tell you to "buzz off"... :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Either way, if he can "dish it" he can take it...

your point is valid, but Partial can defend himself. lets talk about happy things. what you got planned for valentine's day?

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
So, you wait long enough, the truth comes out..... You've had ONE job for SIX years. That's IT? You prance around here like you are some fucking expert and then reality hits and you are some insignificant house husband who can't make it on his own, and has probably never had a decent job.

And spare me the self serving, "I'm raising my kids line". The kids you raise will be "drive by shooting" the neighborhood at 12. If you are who you say you are, it scares the crap out of me to think that you're passing on your morals, values, and "expert" points of view to impressionable youngsters, even if you somehow fathered them. Your poor children have no hope, unless your wife is an amazing woman. Since she puts up with you there is at least some hope of that. (Please God, let that be true).

The only side benefit is that 5 minutes after your daughter turns 18, you'll be posting her nude pics in the garbage can, like you do every other naked thing you can find. Equal opportunity, right? :roll:

You really are a "know it all" deadbeat. SIX years. And an EXPERT. Wow. What a fucking moron. :shock: Why don't you crawl back into your $200k hovel and stay there? If I had a dollar for every idiot that wandered through my doors with my retail store and "knew how to do it better than me", I'd be Bill Gates rich. Idiots like you don't know squat... You don't have enough experience to find the fucking building much less do anything meaningful in life.

It's a fucking joke that you've given Partial as hard a time as you have. At least he's out there trying out the world, instead of hiding behind an extremely intelligent and tolerant skirt.

You are a dumber fucking moron than I ever thought possible. Astoundingly pathetic. Really. I mean it. You are disgustingly ignorant. I'm glad Madtown's picked up such high talent to cruise forums from work.

I don't have to apologize to you that I had a better job than you'll ever have that supported two people through college and law school while you and Partial bounced around burger joints and Sears stores.

Wow. That's the saddest, most self loathing drivel that's ever been posted here. Congrats. I won't be sad when you hang yourself.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 08:50 PM
I cant believe Harlan is trying to negotiate a truce for me. The world is fucked.

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 08:51 PM
I won't be sad when you hang yourself.

See, Retail, I think SkinBasket is trying to extend an olive branch here.

Partial
01-28-2008, 08:52 PM
No Skin, I don't think what I do is hard nor have I ever said that it was. You can take your sob story about how hard it is to raise kids (Gee, I'll have to do the same thing someday accept I'll hold a job). I have worked 2 more years than you and I am 22. It's admirable that you want to watch the kids. No one disagrees with that. But, if you're going to talk about "the real world" and having a real job, I suppose you should have that experience before spouting off :lol:

I have probably put more into taxes than you have from the sounds of it.

Partial
01-28-2008, 08:53 PM

I just got the solution:

$75k for single people and I think $150k for married families (but I didn't look it up).

How do you feel about this whole rebate check thing? Seems stupid to me since it's unlikely much of this will go to bank of America or Visa.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
No Skin, I don't think what I do is hard nor have I ever said that it was. You can take your sob story about how hard it is to raise kids (Gee, I'll have to do the same thing someday accept I'll hold a job). I have worked 2 more years than you and I am 22. It's admirable that you want to watch the kids. No one disagrees with that. But, if you're going to talk about "the real world" and having a real job, I suppose you should have that experience before spouting off :lol:

Yes, dumbass, because I said the only job I had was the last one. I've worked since I was 12. That seems to mean much more to you than it does to me, though. One day, when you're having your predictable midlife crisis, you'll figure out that you are not your job. Or at least you shouldn't be, or you'll be very disappointed in yourself.

You wanted to compare dicks here not me. I gave you a rundown in the day of the life of an average parent. You've told me you work two hours while you post online. I'm obviously impressed.

retailguy
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
You are a dumber fucking moron than I ever thought possible. Astoundingly pathetic. Really. I mean it. You are disgustingly ignorant. I'm glad Madtown's picked up such high talent to cruise forums from work.

I don't have to apologize to you that I had a better job than you'll ever have that supported two people through college and law school while you and Partial bounced around burger joints and Sears stores.

Wow. That's the saddest, most self loathing drivel that's ever been posted here. Congrats. I won't be sad when you hang yourself.

Really. Priceless. I could go in, edit the post, put your name on it, and 7/8ths of the forum would think you wrote it. As I said in the garbage can, you can dish it but you can't take it. NOT AT ALL.

I don't want you to apologize. I hope for the realization that one day, you'll realize that you are way too damn judgemental. Read what you wrote about Partial. Not much different than what I wrote about you. Not much at all. In fact, I was probably nicer to you than you were to him.

Let me be clear. Your wife is a SAINT. And you are the luckiest fucker that ever walked the earth.

And for me? I keep who I am PURPOSELY vague around here. I'll share this. I OWNED 14 retail stores which I sold SEVEN years ago. I still have some income annually from that. I owned and grew a tax business from 350 annual returns to about 2,100 returns a year with one partner. I sold my interest last year, to my partner, and will have income from that for the next EIGHT years. I now work for a fortune FIVE company and am putting my wife through law school, after moving halfway across the country. She is returning to school at age 36. We both have Masters degrees, and we have two adolescent girls. I have purposely not started another business as, like you, believe that kids need parents. They can't have my wife as much as they need her, so I supplement, AFTER a 40 hour work week.

It is highly unlikely that I'll be eliminating myself anytime soon, but many thanks for your concern.

retailguy
01-28-2008, 08:59 PM

Yes, I noticed that. A clear moment of weakness. Maybe the whole "online personna" is collapsing.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 09:05 PM

I just puked. I think I like you again. That was funny.

There's no need to mediate this. His post had more to do with himself than it had to do with me. I guess I might be offended if any of it were even close to being true. Okay. Actually I wouldn't, considering who it's coming from.

Oh, and retail, sorry I replied to your diatribe and you took that as somehow I can't take someone "dishing it out." I should have just kept quiet while you acted like your usual dipshit self and expected everyone to eat your shit and like it.

Your resume is very impressive and gives me a hard on. I really wish I were you or Partial. Then my life would be complete. I would obviosuly be very happy, as your posts indicate.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Let me be clear. Your wife is a SAINT. And you are the luckiest fucker that ever walked the earth.

I realize that and am at peace with it. I just wish you guys could be too, you pathetic fucks.

retailguy
01-28-2008, 09:06 PM

I just got the solution:

How do you feel about this whole rebate check thing? Seems stupid to me since it's unlikely much of this will go to bank of America or Visa.

I stopped "feeling" about these things years ago. Wealth redistribution doesn't work. It'll never work. The likelihood of this being meaningful for anyone isn't high. However, it will get into the economy and will get spent.

Someone posted that their's wouldn't get spent because they were paying off credit card debt. Well, that money, will get loaned out to someone else who spends more than they make, so it'll get into the economy anyway.

Like Skin, I dont' get these things, haven't had a refund for many many years. Take my cut Partial, stick it into the bank, (the bank will still loan it out, so someone will spend it), and save it for the down payment on the house we talked about. Make good decisions, and then it doesn't matter so much what the government does.

retailguy
01-28-2008, 09:11 PM

I just puked. I think I like you again. That was funny.

There's no need to mediate this. His post had more to do with himself than it had to do with me. I guess I might be offended if any of it were even close to being true. Okay. Actually I wouldn't, considering who it's coming from.

Oh, and retail, sorry I replied to your diatribe and you took that as somehow I can't take someone "dishing it out." I should have just kept quiet while you acted like your usual dipshit self and expected everyone to eat your shit and like it.

Your resume is very impressive and gives me a hard on. I really wish I were you or Partial. Then my life would be complete. I would obviosuly be very happy, as your posts indicate.

Seems to me that if you were really happy, you wouldn't attack college students for being a bit naive, and the forum owner for having policies and the moderators for moving threads.

Seems to me that you'd just shake it off and move on, but you don't seem to have those skills.

but anyway, I guess I'm glad you're happy. I'd probably believe it more if you posted more about the funny things your kids do, instead of what a burden they are, but telling us that doesn't fit with the "clever" personna you've created, or who you really are.... so, anyhow, back to attacking Partial.... :roll:

GBRulz
01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
I agree with those that say many will use the tax rebate to pay down debt. As for me, it's a nice chunk of change to go towards this new lens for my camera that I have my eye on! Telephoto lens.... closer butt shots at training camp. Sharing the pics with my fellow rats. See, we ALL benefit from that :wink:

As far as Skin being Mr. Mom? Well, he's not mooching off the sytem collecting a welfare check. He's not robbing or stealing to make a living. He's not living off child support because he refuses to get a job. Seems ok in my book.

parsh - I haven't read as much lately am I'm prolly a little behind, but congrats getting your internship.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Guess how much I care about what you feel about my "on line persona?" No, really. Guess! Because I've made it abundantly clear before dummy.

Maybe that's why I'm not afraid to tell people they're being fuckers when they're being fuckers. Like you. Especially you. At least Partial started this himself. He didn't just jump in on one side of it when it suited him like a little pussy. That would be you. The little pussy. I'm guessing you've read all the insults Partials managed, or tried to manage, but choose to ignore them because you know I think you're a douche bag. A lesbian hating, jesus fearing, douche bag who fears cartoon cocks. I think that pretty much sums you up.

Anyway, you were saying about tax rebates before your egomastrubatory self righteous overdrive kicked in?

retailguy
01-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Guess how much I care about what you feel about my "on line persona?" No, really. Guess! Because I've made it abundantly clear before dummy.

Maybe that's why I'm not afraid to tell people they're being fuckers when they're being fuckers. Like you. Especially you. At least Partial started this himself. He didn't just jump in on one side of it when it suited him like a little pussy. That would be you. The little pussy. I'm guessing you've read all the insults Partials managed, or tried to manage, but choose to ignore them because you know I think you're a douche bag. A lesbian hating, jesus fearing, douche bag who fears cartoon cocks. I think that pretty much sums you up.

Anyway, you were saying about tax rebates before your egomastrubatory self righteous overdrive kicked in?

So, have you called me enough names now? I do notice that you didn't attack your buddy Nutz when he jumped to your aid earlier today, so I guess he's "not one sided" huh?

I did read what Partial said, he did try to "fight back" I guess, but, you were just too much for him. Must have been that nap you had after the box of bonbons. Poor Partial was at work, doing apparently nothing which makes for a very long day.

Since, like me, you don't get a rebate, please charge up your credit card and buy the high dollar bon bon's. That way, the evil store owner can make the payment on his BMW and the money gets into the economy, even though you didn't get a handout. Tell you what. If you buy some bon bon's, I'll donate the 1200 I don't get to my church. Maybe I'll designate it for some foreign mission fund so that the Government won't have to send so much....

Then, I'll ask my former partner to raise fees next year, as he'll have to account for all these rebates, because there is no such thing as a free lunch. You can damn well bet they'll be a "payback" just like there was last time.

SkinBasket
01-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I could go in, edit the post, put your name on it, and 7/8ths of the forum would think you wrote it.

I thought maybe I was being too hard on you, so I reread your enlightening posts, and I think I see the problem now.

Retail, listen very closely. You have to stop trying to be the SkinBasket, and just accept your own pathetic lot in life. I know the allure of it all, but it'll never happen. You're simply far too self involved. I will let you join the fanclub that I read about, but you will of course be subject to it's policies and rules. I think you can contact JustinHarrel about it.

retailguy
01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
I could go in, edit the post, put your name on it, and 7/8ths of the forum would think you wrote it.

I thought maybe I was being too hard on you, so I reread your enlightening posts, and I think I see the problem now.

Retail, listen very closely. You have to stop trying to be the SkinBasket, and just accept your own pathetic lot in life. I know the allure of it all, but it'll never happen. You're simply far too self involved. I will let you join the fanclub that I read about, but you will of course be subject to it's policies and rules. I think you can contact JustinHarrel about it.

Well, it took almost an hour, but you finally figured it out. Maybe after some reflection, you'll be able to take it.... I'm sure it was the nap, but we'll see.....

I'll pass on the fan club for now, but I do appreciate the invitation. I really don't have any great desire to be you, so again, thanks, but no thanks.

pacfan
01-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Then, I'll ask my former partner to raise fees next year, as he'll have to account for all these rebates, because there is no such thing as a free lunch. You can damn well bet they'll be a "payback" just like there was last time.

:tup:

How quickly they forget. Makes me smile.

Partial
01-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Alright this is getting ridiculous. Just don't post cocks all over the Romper Room and I will be happy. You should probably change your avatar, too.

The rest of this is just stupid.

I am thinking about buying a few stocks with the 300 dollars. I should be making about 35 grand over the course of this next year and since I don't have too many expenses, one of my goals is to put 5 grand away in some mutual funds.

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2008, 09:51 PM

God, I would hate to hear his hypothesis on me. Skin is twice the home figure that I am. Christ I have to go over to his house for some sanity.

I am not one for calling foul, but you really are a dirty piece of shit. Certainly stupid to confuse someone's persona on an internet forum with their real life, and then attack their family in the process. Personally I am who I say I am on a forum or anywhere else. Ask the people that met me in October and I guarantee they will say I am spot on, but that is not the point, the point is you are a fucking asshole.

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2008, 09:56 PM

I am sure Skinbasket mowed a lawn or two back in the day that he forgot to mention as a "job".

Freak Out
01-28-2008, 11:21 PM
This seems like as good a thread as any to ask this question so here goes...
What's a good over the counter medication or remedy for jock it? My balls really itch and scratching is not the answer any longer. Any one here ever use lotrimin or Lamasil or whatever the fuck that stuff is?

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
What's a good over the counter medication or remedy for jock it? My balls really itch and scratching is not the answer any longer. Any one here ever use lotrimin or Lamasil or whatever the fuck that stuff is?

Any athletes foot medication will do the job. I am big Lotrimin guy myself. Remember you don't have crabs, you have a yeast infection on your balls.

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
http://ladycomp-babycomp.com/product_images/large/042105-143245_vagisil_itch.jpg

works like a charm

MadtownPacker
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
As much as I hate to agree with Nutty about anything he is right on this. THere is no need to bring up anyone's family Retail. Skin deserves anything he has coming to him but family is sacred and I gotta call you out on those comments.

Skin is surprisingly a decent guy when he doesn't have a keyboard.

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
ahhhhh, who cares what you think. go fry some chorizo.

Zool
01-29-2008, 01:13 AM
I guess if Retail can come to Partials aid, then Nutz can come to Skins aid. All you mental midgets can just head to your respective short buses and go home. Take your muscular keyboards and small penis compensation/faux manliness with you.

What started as a funny little ongoing flame war between Skin and Partial has been taken out of line. Leave the shit talking to the person on the forum and leave their family out of it. Not cool in the least.

HarveyWallbangers
01-29-2008, 01:34 AM

Me, I left the house at 6:30. I just got back now. This is the earliest I get home during the week. Go figure. Must be like a vacation

I skimmed over the interesting stuff, and read this post from P Diddy. I can't wait until you have children. Four hours with a toddler can be like working a 16 hour shift at whatever job you are working at.
:D

I've done both, and working is way easier. Doesn't matter what the job is. I think I thought like you. Now, there's nobody that has more respect for a stay-at-home Mom or Dad. Personally, at the age that my child is at, I don't think I could handle it. It's hard work. And worth it... all at the same time.

BTW, kids act different (e.g. more ornery) when they are around their parents. It's because their parents are the only people in this world they know they can trust. They take big-time advantage of that. It's because of the whole right brain thing. If you think raising kids looks easy, I'm hear to tell you that it's best to get that out of your system and realize it's going to be the most wonderful and most aggravating thing life will throw at you.

MadtownPacker
01-29-2008, 03:27 AM
ahhhhh, who cares what you think. go fry some chorizo.Shut your raggedy mouth buttboy, you WISH you had family for someone to talk bad about. But we all know Daddy didn't love you so you became a Huckleby family outcast, destined to spend his inheritance on drunken sailors.

Zool
01-29-2008, 07:31 AM
If we had chose one of us to stay at home it would have been him. Instead we worked opposite shifts. That has it's drawbacks too.

I did this situation for almost a year. Let me tell you how hard that is on everyone involved. Work is actually a relief for me sometimes. Kids are tough. They can drain you.

Partial
01-29-2008, 07:34 AM

Me, I left the house at 6:30. I just got back now. This is the earliest I get home during the week. Go figure. Must be like a vacation

I skimmed over the interesting stuff, and read this post from P Diddy. I can't wait until you have children. Four hours with a toddler can be like working a 16 hour shift at whatever job you are working at.

I've done both, and working is way easier. Doesn't matter what the job is. I think I thought like you. Now, there's nobody that has more respect for a stay-at-home Mom or Dad. Personally, at the age that my child is at, I don't think I could handle it. It's hard work. And worth it... all at the same time.

BTW, kids act different (e.g. more ornery) when they are around their parents. It's because their parents are the only people in this world they know they can trust. They take big-time advantage of that. It's because of the whole right brain thing. If you think raising kids looks easy, I'm hear to tell you that it's best to get that out of your system and realize it's going to be the most wonderful and most aggravating thing life will throw at you.

Sounds like I am in for a rough but rewarding time in about 8 years.

Freak Out
01-29-2008, 07:39 AM

Any athletes foot medication will do the job. I am big Lotrimin guy myself. Remember you don't have crabs, you have a yeast infection on your balls.

I tried dipping them in beer to start a secondary fermentation....but to no avail. But it felt good. Thanks for the consumer advice Nutz......and HH.

MJZiggy
01-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Maybe, Partial, but you will be working so it will be easier for you. Remember that. As hard as it can be to work and raise kids, especially for single parents, there's a good chunk of your day when you go off and talk to real grownups, about things other than diapers, feeding or that Junior rolled over yesterday. For the stay-at-home, the child rearing is relentless and isolating as most of the people you know are working so it's you and your kids and maybe the dog.

If you're working, you can get a break for several hours a day, but those little, wonderful people require everything from you 'round the clock. (I lost all my baby weight by the 6-week checkup only because my kid would cry EVERY time I got a plate of food in front of me and I physically couldn't eat until he was taken care of and settled. Sorry, no lunch break).

packinpatland
01-29-2008, 07:59 AM
When the last tuition payment is made......................ahhhh. Relief.

MJZiggy
01-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Yeah, now you can start saving for the weddings... :lol: :lol:

packinpatland
01-29-2008, 08:03 AM
THEN will it end??? :shock:

One down...........two to go.

Deputy Nutz
01-29-2008, 08:05 AM
ahhhhh, who cares what you think. go fry some chorizo.

Chorizo might be my second favorite sausage after going to Mexico. I have had them before, but they way they slice those suckers in half and fry them up, sweet yummy goodness.

Partial
01-29-2008, 08:05 AM
When the last tuition payment is made......................ahhhh. Relief.

I hear ya. Once I get my paycheck on Thursday I will have it all paid off!!!

Deputy Nutz
01-29-2008, 08:06 AM
As much as I hate to agree with Nutty about anything he is right on this. THere is no need to bring up anyone's family Retail. Skin deserves anything he has coming to him but family is sacred and I gotta call you out on those comments.

Skin is surprisingly a decent guy when he doesn't have a keyboard.

You love agreeing with me. I like Lost, see you have to agree with me again. I love the Packers, again agreement.

Deputy Nutz
01-29-2008, 08:11 AM
http://ladycomp-babycomp.com/product_images/large/042105-143245_vagisil_itch.jpg

works like a charm

It's not real manly to go to the store and pick up a package of Vagisil. I am just saying, I will by a box of tampons every now and then because then you get some sympathy from others around you, but Vag cream? I guess if it worked better than the other stuff I wouldn't hesitate.

this is a serious moral and social situation we are dealing with here.

On a side story about getting rawballs in Mexico, I bought a toothpast sized tube of lotrimin for like 5 bucks in the gift shop. thats crazy a little 1 once tube her in the states costs like 8 bucks.

MJZiggy
01-29-2008, 08:12 AM
THEN will it end??? :shock:

One down...........two to go.

Nope. Grandbabies!!!! :jig:

SkinBasket
01-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Alright this is getting ridiculous. Just don't post cocks all over the Romper Room and I will be happy. You should probably change your avatar, too.

The rest of this is just stupid.

I am thinking about buying a few stocks with the 300 dollars. I should be making about 35 grand over the course of this next year and since I don't have too many expenses, one of my goals is to put 5 grand away in some mutual funds.

Partial, the only people that keep bringing up the cocks are you and retail. Strange how the "winners" of that bitchtiff just can't seem to let it go. As far as my avatar, you can go suck yourself.

I don't want to rekindle any fires so take this as constructive criticism instead of an intended insult, but you were almost indistinguishable from tank yesterday. Take that for what it's worth, but I wouldn't want to be walking anywhere near those footsteps.

Now get back to work. You can't fuck off two days in a row.

SkinBasket
01-29-2008, 08:51 AM

DO NOT use that spray on lotrimin on your sack. I posted about it last August or so, but I used that stuff when my balls itched and my mansack swelled up like I was 95, and still itched worse than before. I would go with Harlan's idea before using lotrimin again. Pay a woman bum to go in the store and score it for you if you have to.

SkinBasket
01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Here. Some wisdom from last June:

So I was taking care of some jock itch on my inner thigh and seemed to clear that up, but the problem is it seems the lotrimin rubbed off on my manbag in the process and inflamed the dickens out of it. For four days and nights I've had the itchiest motherfucking scrotum in the world. I tried some Dermoplast, but that shit is slimy and just makes my nuts tingle. So, I can have dry, but itchy nuts, or tingly slimy nuts. Since it feels real good to scratch the itchy nuts, it really is a win-win situation.

Deputy Nutz
01-29-2008, 09:37 AM

DO NOT use that spray on lotrimin on your sack. I posted about it last August or so, but I used that stuff when my balls itched and my mansack swelled up like I was 95, and still itched worse than before. I would go with Harlan's idea before using lotrimin again. Pay a woman bum to go in the store and score it for you if you have to.

they make a cream you know.

GrnBay007
01-29-2008, 09:41 AM

they make a cream you know.

If you were a real friend you would have gone over to Skin's house and helped him.

twoseven
01-29-2008, 12:09 PM

Sounds like I am in for a rough but rewarding time in about 8 years.
Best get your non-parent stuff out of the way while you can. Everything will change forever after your first, forever. Every single thing you do that involves leaving the house, changed. Everything about being in your house, changed. Name anything, I'll (or anyone else will) tell you how it will be altered. It's the best having a child, but it's a one way street, don't be in a rush to change your life permanently.

Partial
01-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah I really have no desire to have kids until about 30. I want to have a house paid off and make 6 figures before I start. Then I want to have about 4-5 kids.

packinpatland
01-29-2008, 02:34 PM
30 years old........house paid off. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GBRulz
01-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah I really have no desire to have kids until about 30. I want to have a house paid off and make 6 figures before I start. Then I want to have about 4-5 kids.

if you have a house like this, it might be possible. Otherwise, you might as well just go get snipped now :wink:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1062012/2/istockphoto_1062012_abandoned_barn.jpg

GrnBay007
01-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Maybe, Partial, but you will be working so it will be easier for you. Remember that. As hard as it can be to work and raise kids, especially for single parents, there's a good chunk of your day when you go off and talk to real grownups, about things other than diapers, feeding or that Junior rolled over yesterday. For the stay-at-home, the child rearing is relentless and isolating as most of the people you know are working so it's you and your kids and maybe the dog.

If you're working, you can get a break for several hours a day, but those little, wonderful people require everything from you 'round the clock. (I lost all my baby weight by the 6-week checkup only because my kid would cry EVERY time I got a plate of food in front of me and I physically couldn't eat until he was taken care of and settled. Sorry, no lunch break).

I agree 100% it's great if one parent can be home with the kids when they are small....whatever method you choose. I have a problem with the above in that stating that even a single parent gets to "go off and talk to real grownups" Unless you have experienced it, you don't know what it's like to re-arrange your entire work schedule due to a school delay or early out when you are the only one available to be there for the kids that day....or when they call you from school frantic stating they forgot something important at home so you also attempt to re-arrange your schedule to make a run home to pick it up...or when the school calls you at work and they are puking at school and you need to pick them up and cancel all kinds of appointments for the day and then have to worry how you can possibly cram them into the rest of the week....or for some reason your ex doesn't show up on the one day he's supposed to pick them up from school.....and you need to leave work...and then make arrangements before going back to work to play catch up. I'm sorry, but the stress alone from those situations doesn't make up for the experiences I have with "grown up talk" at work....if there's even time.

I know parenting 24/7 can be exhausting.....but when the children are no longer infants I can't see where there is really a reason to feel isolated. There are tons of programs/groups/classes out there to promote stay at home parents to interact....which is wonderful for both the parent and the children. Sometimes a person that feels isolated needs to ask themselves why they are isolating themselves.

retailguy
01-29-2008, 05:49 PM

Believe it or not, this is not a pipe dream. We've discussed this ad-nauseum in the finance thread, but with no other debt, a 20% down payment, and focus on getting the thing paid off, it is not that unreasonable.

I have a client, age 31, who has worked for the same company since he was 22, just moved to houston last May, and paid cash ($157,000) for his house. Rare? Perhaps. But not impossible. Not at all.

MJZiggy
01-29-2008, 06:23 PM
My post was not intended to say that single parenting was easy--by no means. I'm saying that the challenges are different and unless you've done it, you can't truly understand it. And that goes both ways.

And if you reread my post, I didn't say that you are completely isolated--it's not about isolating yourself, I does naturally happen. Used to be that all the moms on the block stayed home and you'd all gather, but now most of them work and a nice meeting every two weeks and a couple playdates in between isn't the same thing. I said that at work you talk to grownups about things other than diapers and baby rearing. Yes there are wonderful programs for mothers and their kids, MOMSClub is a great one, but what grown up topics do you think they discuss at these gatherings? Diapers, breastfeeding, formula, toilet training...there were days I'd have killed to have a boring meeting or training seminar.

And it's easy to have grownup interactions with a toddler? That's a great idea, but whatever you wanna do has to be done by 11:00 so you can have them home for lunch and a nap because you do remember what happens when you're late for lunch and nap, right?

GBRulz
01-29-2008, 06:54 PM

Believe it or not, this is not a pipe dream. We've discussed this ad-nauseum in the finance thread, but with no other debt, a 20% down payment, and focus on getting the thing paid off, it is not that unreasonable.

I have a client, age 31, who has worked for the same company since he was 22, just moved to houston last May, and paid cash ($157,000) for his house. Rare? Perhaps. But not impossible. Not at all.

Moved to Houston? Can afford to pay cash for his home? You must be an agent for one of the Packers.

SkinBasket
01-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Something tells me Partial's delusions of grandeur will command that he have a home worth more than 150k. You can't make six figures and raise 5 kids in a home worth 150k. Well, I guess if he chooses to live on Center and 27th it is, but he would be shot dead before his firstborn saw the light of day.

packinpatland
01-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Houston is one of the more affordable areas in this country.
My daughter and her new husband had to pay $350K for a modest 2 bedroom Cape, on a postage size lot, and that was cheap......is considered a 'starter neighborhood'.

MadtownPacker
01-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Partial is going to be fine. The boys gots drive and that will get you places intelligence and charm sometimes wont. Dont get me wrong, he has different amounts of both but he also wants to take on the world. You cant fake that, you cant buy that at WalMart, and you cant borrow it from a friend. You just gotta have hustle in your blood. I believe Blast P has that and plenty of it.

retailguy
01-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Moved to Houston? Can afford to pay cash for his home? You must be an agent for one of the Packers.

That's a good one! Nope. He just worked hard. Damn hard. Lived in an apartment for almost 10 years. Watched every penny he spent.

It is, by my admission, an extreme example, but I assure you it is 100% true.

retailguy
01-29-2008, 09:31 PM
My daughter and her new husband had to pay $350K for a modest 2 bedroom Cape, on a postage size lot, and that was cheap......is considered a 'starter neighborhood'.

Yes it is affordable. But, in Milwaukee, $150k will get you a condo. Maybe a bit more depending on where you go.

Partial has ideas of grandeur, heck he's 22, HE SHOULD. He'll find out that only 7% of the population EVER makes more than $100k a year. But, why not him? Why not? I understand some of you think he's naive, so what? Weren't you when you got out of college?

I was in college with the "Reagan 84, War 85" crowd. That didn't exactly pan out either.

Point is, if Partial applies himself, he can pay for a modest home in about 7 years. so can each of you, almost NO MATTER where you live.

Yeah, you can give me exceptions, but overall, if there is a will to achieve and a good plan, it can happen.

Night all. Take care.

Bretsky
01-29-2008, 09:35 PM

Yes it is affordable. But, in Milwaukee, $150k will get you a condo. Maybe a bit more depending on where you go.

Partial has ideas of grandeur, heck he's 22, HE SHOULD. He'll find out that only 7% of the population EVER makes more than $100k a year. But, why not him? Why not? I understand some of you think he's naive, so what? Weren't you when you got out of college?

I was in college with the "Reagan 84, War 85" crowd. That didn't exactly pan out either.

Point is, if Partial applies himself, he can pay for a modest home in about 7 years. so can each of you, almost NO MATTER where you live.

Yeah, you can give me exceptions, but overall, if there is a will to achieve and a good plan, it can happen.

Night all. Take care.

Good Points; if you don't have faith in yourself to make the big bucks then you probably never will.

I'd hope my little kids have very high expectations for themselves and achieve 10x what I do in this life.

Partial
01-29-2008, 09:54 PM
You can chuckle all you want but I know what I am capable of and I have a goal in my mind that nothing is going to stop me from. 100k is really not that uncommon for most people that have a masters degree in computer science.. My boss is 35 and said to his mortgage person the other day (he is moving to Milwaukee from Chicago) that he makes 167k after bonus. That is a hell of a lot of money.

My sister has her house about 65% paid off by my estimation and she is 24. By the time we graduate school, I'll hopefully have as much as she did in savings.

Partial
01-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Something tells me Partial's delusions of grandeur will command that he have a home worth more than 150k. You can't make six figures and raise 5 kids in a home worth 150k. Well, I guess if he chooses to live on Center and 27th it is, but he would be shot dead before his firstborn saw the light of day.

Ideally we'll be getting the hell out of Milwaukee and heading down to somewhere with more reasonable prices and taxes, and higher paying jobs. And somewhere warmer.

Let's not forget I wouldn't be raising these kids alone. My GF is starting her grad program to be a surgical assistant in May. She'll be making plenty of money herself.

Jimx29
01-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Pray to gawd you maintain good health, Partial.

SkinBasket
01-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Partial, it's fine you have goals. You just might want to consider speaking to a financial planner before making them. A few points you might want to consider:

1) Salaries vary depending on the cost of living in a given area. You want to move somewhere cheaper. You won't get paid as much.

2) You'll be paying taxes - a lot of them. You and your life partner will have student loans. You'll need cars to get to work. You'll need clothes, food, and maybe even some furniture. Don't forget health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Oh, and your retirement funds. You want 5 kids? They aren't free. In fact, they're pretty expensive. Then you get to start their college savings plans.

3) Again, you want 4-5 kids? You'll be looking for a 4 BR min house. Those aren't cheap. 5 BR+ are even more expensive because they're typically built as luxury homes. A guess you could make a compound out of a few double wides somewhere outside Jacksonville to make it work, but you don't strike me as the mullet donning type.

4) Paying your mortgage is typically a poor investment. Your money invested even half assedly should earn more than the interest rate on your mortgage, unless you have absolutely terrible credit.

Considering your goals, 100k is not as much money as you seem to think it is. Even if your gal pal doubles that, it's only going to be until you start having kids. Then you'll either lose one income, or have to pay almost as much in child care costs anyway - with the added benefit of both parents rarely seeing your own children, which would raise the question of why you want them in the first place.

Unless you have an inheritance tucked away somewhere, I'm just not seeing where your goals make much sense.

LL2
01-30-2008, 08:39 AM
4) Paying your mortgage is typically a poor investment. Your money invested even half assedly should earn more than the interest rate on your mortgage, unless you have absolutely terrible credit.

This is actually good advise. Going all the way and paying off your mortgage is not necessarily a bad thing, but do not forgo retirement planning. If you start putting 10% of your salary away towards retirement when you graduate college in good investments you will have a lot more money in 30 years than your house will be worth. Especially if 10% is from a 6 figure salary. Even if you go with braod index funds or ETF's you should average 10-12% over the next 30 years. Personally I have averaged over 20% returns the past two years and this year I'm up 2% when most people are in the red. Your own house is actually a crappy investment. Your own house is an asset, but for the most part it's a liability. A true asset puts money in your pocket. A house takes money out of your pocket. Mortage payments, property taxes, utility bills, up keep cost, etc. I laugh at the people that say they bought their house for investment potential. After you subtract the true cost of home ownership from the appreciation on your house you are better off sticking your moeny in a savings account. My advise to you Partial is to invest as much as you can, and pay your future house of with a mortgage accelerator plan (bi-weekly). You will pay your house off 7-10 years early, and have a nice nest egg for retirement. Also, get advise from several financial planners and do your own homework and do not take financial advise from family and friends. I love my family and friends, but I do not take financial advise from them.

retailguy
01-30-2008, 11:26 AM

This is actually good advise. Going all the way and paying off your mortgage is not necessarily a bad thing, but do not forgo retirement planning. If you start putting 10% of your salary away towards retirement when you graduate college in good investments you will have a lot more money in 30 years than your house will be worth. Especially if 10% is from a 6 figure salary. Even if you go with braod index funds or ETF's you should average 10-12% over the next 30 years. Personally I have averaged over 20% returns the past two years and this year I'm up 2% when most people are in the red. Your own house is actually a crappy investment. Your own house is an asset, but for the most part it's a liability. A true asset puts money in your pocket. A house takes money out of your pocket. Mortage payments, property taxes, utility bills, up keep cost, etc. I laugh at the people that say they bought their house for investment potential. After you subtract the true cost of home ownership from the appreciation on your house you are better off sticking your moeny in a savings account. My advise to you Partial is to invest as much as you can, and pay your future house of with a mortgage accelerator plan (bi-weekly). You will pay your house off 7-10 years early, and have a nice nest egg for retirement. Also, get advise from several financial planners and do your own homework and do not take financial advise from family and friends. I love my family and friends, but I do not take financial advise from them.

I'm sure any of you who know me, would know that I completely disagree with this advice. I recognize that guys like Donald Trump are making millions writing books about how to do this stuff. What the above analysis ignores is RISK. You can factor in the cost of risk. It is some high brow economics equation you can look up on the internet in about 10 minutes. For the 'average american', factoring in risk and taxes almost negates the "advantage" of investing the money you could use to pay down your mortgage, and I maintain it'll lead to MANY sleepless nights as the market bounces around like a ping pong ball. Sleepless nights lead to bad decisions which doesn't help your quest to "beat the market".

To consistently outperform the market, you really need to look higher risk investments. Sometimes they'll work out great, sometimes not so much. The higher risk investment, the lower the net return on trying to invest your mortgage money. Why risk your home? To me that's just stupid. You owe your family more security than that option provides.

If you want to outperform the market and become the next high dollar finance guy on cable tv with his own show, fine, go for it. Pay off your house, and take that $1k to $2k per month that you don't have to pay on a mortgage an invest it in whatever you please. I happen to think it's pretty stupid to get too risky, but at least you're not risking being homeless.

LL is very correct not to take advice from family or friends. GREAT IDEA. Dave Ramsey likes to expand that advice to "broke people" as well. If your advisor has car payments, mortgages, credit card debt and student loans, they probably aren't the type of people that'll get you where you want to go... you'll probably get to where they are, which is what they know how to do, and I don't think that equates with success to many of you.

When you get your 1st 20 million, THEN play like Donald Trump. In the meantime, don't ignore risk lest the old adage "you play with fire, eventually you get burned" apply to you.

SkinBasket
01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
I guess you might as well buy gold bullion and keep it in a treasure chest under the bed while you're at it too.

No one's saying don't pay for your home. It just doesn't make any sense to dump that much money into what LL accurately described as an asset, not an investment that you'll see a return on. You're setting yourself back 10-15 years on any kind of wealth growth plan, at an age when you have the ability to take higher risks with your money. It doesn't take playing the market to make money. There are countless investment options out there that are just as safe, if not safer, and much smarter, than putting all your money into your home.

Putting all your money into paying for your home is just as risky, if not riskier, than telling someone to invest every penny they have over 12 years in one stock. You still have all your wealth in one basket, a basket that eats money and there's a declining market for.

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
"A true asset puts money in your pocket. A house takes money out of your pocket. Mortage payments, property taxes, utility bills, up keep cost, etc. I laugh at the people that say they bought their house for investment potential. After you subtract the true cost of home ownership from the appreciation on your house you are better off sticking your moeny in a savings account. "

You really do need to take into acct the part of the country you're going to be living in.
AND one other thing to consider......sweat equity. When we built our home, we took out a construction loan of 65K. (1984) We literally built this place ourselves, took a few years....didn't have all the niceties at first. But right now, this house is appraised at over 600K. Had we not bought property near the shore, more inland, we'd be talking a decrease of almost 200K.

Yes, a house takes money out of your pocket.... Mortage payments, property taxes, utility bills, up keep cost.....but where and how can you live without these costs? Putting money in savings is great, but unless you never move out of your parents house..............how is it possible?

LL2
01-30-2008, 01:33 PM
"A true asset puts money in your pocket. A house takes money out of your pocket. Mortage payments, property taxes, utility bills, up keep cost, etc. I laugh at the people that say they bought their house for investment potential. After you subtract the true cost of home ownership from the appreciation on your house you are better off sticking your moeny in a savings account. "

You really do need to take into acct the part of the country you're going to be living in.
AND one other thing to consider......sweat equity. When we built our home, we took out a construction loan of 65K. (1984) We literally built this place ourselves, took a few years....didn't have all the niceties at first. But right now, this house is appraised at over 600K. Had we not bought property near the shore, more inland, we'd be talking a decrease of almost 200K.

Yes, a house takes money out of your pocket.... Mortage payments, property taxes, utility bills, up keep cost.....but where and how can you live without these costs? Putting money in savings is great, but unless you never move out of your parents house..............how is it possible?

Your right, where you live makes a huge difference. I'm not advocating not to buy a house and stick money in a savings acct. I'm saying that to plow all your extra income into your house and not putting any money into the stock market (ETF's, mutual funds, etc.) is much like sticking your money into a saving account. Now, you saw a nice rise in value in your house, but MOST people, and especially those in the midwest will not see their house rise to 600k in value. Your house is a good investment, but my point is that you should not ignore investing for retirement and put every extra penny into paying off your house.

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 01:49 PM
I agree 100%.
Sometimes it's hard to know what to do and more importantly when to do it.

retailguy
01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Who said anything about ignoring investment for retirement? Every american should be saving at least 15% for retirement, WHILE paying off the mortgage.

Paying off your home early makes it a better investment (still not the best, but the security of a paid off home is valuable too). Paying off a 30 year mortgage creates interest costs that exceed the cost of the home, especially if you don't put 20% down. Most Americans pay more in interest than they do for a home. If you pay it off early, you pay less interest, funds which you can use to invest, instead of giving them to Bank of America.

Buying Gold is as stupid as keeping a mortgage. A common sense mutual fund with a good track record makes sense for most people. Real Estate (without mortgages) make sense for others. There are a plethora of options. Pick the one you KNOW SOMETHING about.

It does make sense to pay off a mortgage for many reasons. Some to do with money and some not to do with money. Skin, if you want to keep a mortgage and invest the difference, go ahead. But don't advise others to do that. How do you know how they'll react the next time the market tumbles 800pts? Last time the market tumbled, my house didn't decrease in value, I didn't find myself overextended like I would've if I'd bought options, and no one threatened to repo me or jack my adjustable rate mortgage. I was able to hold my investments and not panic. Did that have anything to do with my home? No, not directly, but I didn't worry as much about my decisions either. They were solid, I rode them out, didn't sell and over time, recouped what the market lost in one day. I had very little risk, and minimal exposure.

Common sense prevails here. Knock yourself out with investments, but clarify your vast investing knowledge when you do it. Too many people will do something stupid like mortgage their home with a 1st, 2nd and HELOC and then sit home day trading. Maybe you won't, but others might.

Finally, paying off a home puts the money "in one basket" for a very short period of time. First off, if you've invested for retirement all along the way, you have a second long term growth basket. Once your house is paid for, you have about 20-23 years of money left over each month that you're NOT making a mortgage payment on. That money can be very diversely invested in whatever you choose to do. At $1k to $2k (or even more) a month other baskets appear very quickly. Your income is your most valuable wealth building asset. It'll do much more for you if you're not giving it to Bank of America on a mortgage note.

You can argue with me all you want, it won't change that. These aren't my principles. I didn't invent them. I just know from personal experience they work. You can add risk, and you might get there quicker, but you might hit the wall too. Why risk it?

Exceptions are like assholes, everyone has one and thinks theirs is important. In reality if you ignore that crap and just put one foot in front of the other, eliminate all of your debts, and invest wisely you won't lose.

RashanGary
01-30-2008, 03:01 PM
That sounds like some pretty good advice RG. My wife and I are getting pretty close to buying a home. We're not super wealthy like you or wealthy like skin's wife. We're pretty average (mostly because I was stupid for the first few years out of high school, but that's another story)

We have the retirement accounts going on. If I get the job I think I'm going to get (govt related and my foots already in the door), my retirement will be secure. I still plan on investing, but my first goal was to pay of a house as soon as possible.

I looked at the interest of a 30 year loan vs a 10 or 15 year loan, and the amount paid in interest is horrible. I'm in the process of talking my wife into maybe buying a little less home than we can afford in exchange for paying it off rapidly. Once it's paid off, if our retirement plan is as good as I hope it to be, I don't mind selling that house and buying a larger one. Life is about living so at some point, I want to enjoy my earnings, but right now I really want to try to get ahead a little.

I'm not looking to only invest in my home because my wife has her 401 and I have a roth and will have something more soon (hopefully a reliable govt pension). Other than that, I want to get out of debt quickly. I guess it's one step at a time. Right now, keep the retirement accounts rolling, then pay down my loans. Other than that, I'll make sure to keep my spluge spending down and always have my money going toward something productive.

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 03:07 PM
That old saying......pay yourself first. Always put away the absolute most possible.

SkinBasket
01-30-2008, 03:19 PM
You can argue with me all you want, it won't change that. These aren't my principles. I didn't invent them. I just know from personal experience they work. You can add risk, and you might get there quicker, but you might hit the wall too. Why risk it?

OK. Let's assume Partial's dreams come to fruition and he averages a salary of 70k over the next 8 years. He finds a way to take home 60% after taxes and insurance costs. He's bringing home 42k a year, although of course the early years are leaner years.

He invests/saves your recommended minimum 15%. He's got 36k left.

Partial eats. He needs clothes for his fancy job. Partial needs to pay loans at great student loan rates. Partial needs a car. Partial likes to sit in a chair. Partial even likes to see movies. Conservatively He spends about 18k a year on all these things, living lean and mean. Now he's got 18k left per year. Heck, call it 20k because he's dieting and doesn't watch cable anymore.

He's got his house paid for when he's 30, just like he wanted. He's making his 100k just like he wanted. He's ready for his 5 kids, just as planned.

In his $130,000 house.

SkinBasket
01-30-2008, 03:23 PM
In his $130,000 house.

To make it clear, I don't have a problem with 130k houses. I just don't think it's what Partial has in mind.

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 03:25 PM

OK. Let's assume Partial's dreams come to fruition and he averages a salary of 70k over the next 8 years. He finds a way to take home 60% after taxes and insurance costs. He's bringing home 42k a year, although of course the early years are leaner years.

Partial eats. He needs clothes for his fancy job. Partial needs to pay loans at great student loan rates. Partial needs a car. Partial likes to sit in a chair. Partial even likes to see movies. Conservatively He spends about 18k a year on all these things, living lean and mean. Now he's got 18k left per year. Heck, call it 20k because he's dieting and doesn't watch cable anymore.

He's got his house paid for when he's 30, just like he wanted. He's making his 100k just like he wanted. He's ready for his 5 kids, just as planned.

In his $130,000 house.

You're not adding the cost of the annual PR game. :wink:

SkinBasket
01-30-2008, 04:19 PM

You're right. Sorry Partial, you're down to $129,000.

b bulldog
01-30-2008, 04:34 PM
tHE BEST THING TO DO IMO IS TO LIVE CONSERVATIVELY NOW in terms of finances ect so when you retire, you can do what you want, when you want. I'd rather pay off a home than be stuck paying a huge monthly amount in interest and maybe $100 a month off of the principle. oNE OF THE BEST THINGS YOU CAN DO IMO IS NOT BUYING A HOUSE THAT YOU CAN'T DO A 15 YEAR TERM ON.

Partial
01-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Skin you're smoking crack. 20k for living expenses? Ha. I spent about 5k last year total before school.

I already have a new car. I won't have any student loans. And my GF has a brand new car and will have about 20g in the bank when she finishes grad school.

It's possible to do. 5 kids don't come all at once fool. I am thinking over 12 years. And probably only 4 kids. Startng at 30.

retailguy
01-30-2008, 04:58 PM

In his $130,000 house.

<sigh> Ok, you probably should have stayed in the Corporate world longer than 6 years, or you should have majored in a business discipline that lends itself to tax advice.

At 70K a year average being single he doesn't get CLOSE to the figures you're talking about. I used my 2006 tax package (I don't have 2007 set up and populated yet) and his federal taxes average about 13% depending on exemptions & deductions. (Obviously this will be lower in early years). Next he's got to have 7.65% for social security/Medicare and then about 5% for state taxes (Wisconsin averages between 4.6% and 6.5% so pick your poison, I don't care). If you've kept up with me on the math, we are now at 25.65%. So, if you think he's going to average 15% of his income per year on insurance at age 22-30 working for a good company, you've lost your mind.... So, those funds now become available.

Next, you're assuming that he's going to live by himself (doubtful), so if he's married there is a LOT more income, even if his spouse doesn't make what he does.

Also, you're assuming he's going to work 40 hours, head home and hit the forum, stay on all night, and then do it again the next day. Maybe, maybe not. If he does, yes it may take longer. That's HIS choice and the answer depends on how much he want to "win".

He could take on a roommate earning a rental income in his condo, he could deliver pizzas a couple nights a week, or sell things on ebay.... Options are limitless and totally dependent upon how fast he wants to win. The choice is his.

It isn't easy, but having no mortgage payments from the time he's 30 and on just MIGHT make it worth it...

Stick to raising kids Skin, it's more suited to your talents. You can't just subject ONE variable to change and hold the rest constant. That works great in Econ class but doesn't do shit in the real world.

Personal finance doesn't work that way. Personal finance is almost totally about behavior. Have you created the lifestyle behaviors that make you win, or not? Trying to make this an intellectual exercise looking at numbers and interest rates doesn't work. It's not a BUSINESS. You cannot treat personal finance as such. This leads to anyalyzing interest rates. Next, you're thinking the annual discover card rebate thing is a great way to make money.... And, it's all downhill from there.

The "average" family makes about $42k per year. That's for a family of FOUR. If you make more than that, yet tailor your lifestyle to that, and don't accumulate debt, you have a good deal of "extra" money available to invest. That takes sacrifice and is not for the faint hearted, nor the cynic, however, that is a valid choice that families can make or NOT make.

My client friend I mentioned earlier, lived in an APARTMENT for 10 years. Cheapest one he could find. All his friends thought he was NUTS. Today, he's grateful for that. At 31 he will NEVER make a mortgage payment again. But it wasn't easy. There is NO free lunch.

Little Whiskey
01-30-2008, 05:43 PM
tax refund check?

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 06:30 PM

You're right. Sorry Partial, you're down to $129,000.

Talk to all of us that didn't live within driving distance......

Harlan Huckleby
01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I intend to spend my tax refund on candy.

Scott Campbell
01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
My own thoughts on the matter are more closely aligned with RG, even though I've personally taken a bunch of excessive risks in the past. I've had years where I made 300% on my investments. I've also had days where I've lost more than $100K. I have no tricks to share, as much of my good fortune was probably just dumb luck.

Someone Partial's age with his kind of discipline will not have to take excessive risks to achieve what he wants. Time is on his side, and I think he can afford to be conservative.

Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.

retailguy
01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
tax refund check?

Partial is saving his for a down payment. :wink: Nobody else seems to qualify. How about you? Nascar trip? or hunting trip? :P

retailguy
01-30-2008, 07:31 PM
That sounds like some pretty good advice RG. My wife and I are getting pretty close to buying a home. We're not super wealthy like you or wealthy like skin's wife. We're pretty average (mostly because I was stupid for the first few years out of high school, but that's another story)

We have the retirement accounts going on. If I get the job I think I'm going to get (govt related and my foots already in the door), my retirement will be secure. I still plan on investing, but my first goal was to pay of a house as soon as possible.

I looked at the interest of a 30 year loan vs a 10 or 15 year loan, and the amount paid in interest is horrible. I'm in the process of talking my wife into maybe buying a little less home than we can afford in exchange for paying it off rapidly. Once it's paid off, if our retirement plan is as good as I hope it to be, I don't mind selling that house and buying a larger one. Life is about living so at some point, I want to enjoy my earnings, but right now I really want to try to get ahead a little.

I'm not looking to only invest in my home because my wife has her 401 and I have a roth and will have something more soon (hopefully a reliable govt pension). Other than that, I want to get out of debt quickly. I guess it's one step at a time. Right now, keep the retirement accounts rolling, then pay down my loans. Other than that, I'll make sure to keep my spluge spending down and always have my money going toward something productive.

:shock: :)

I must admit I didn't read this the first time through.

Justin, I think you're on the right track. I was the first one in my family to go to College. Still today, I've got a couple of cousins that went to college but largely my family is blue-collar hardworking farmers and people working in industry that support farming. My parents are divorced and my Mother makes less than $10 a hour working as a clerk in a retail store in the middle of nowhere (and for some strange reason she LOVES it there).

I didn't come from money and still don't think "I'm wealthy". We live comfortably, I invest conservatively and we live a moderate lifestyle. I'm blessed to be able to help my Mother and I do, and give to a lot of other things.

Point of all of that, is to tell you that it'll turn around faster than you can imagine if you stick to the principles you can do. For me, when I gave up using credit cards, paid my bills off, bought cars I could afford without a payment, and then paid off my mortgage, life changed.

Yeah, my income changed during that process too, but I think those things happen naturally when you spend your money wisely.

Bretsky disagrees with me here, but, I think you should save 20% before you buy a house. I did, it took us 5 years to do it, and we rented during that time. My wife's younger sister and her husband bought a house with no money down and 30 year note. They've refinanced once, but today they've got 21 years remaining on their mortgage (should have been 17 or 18 I think), and I have no payments... For me, the long-term was what was important, not the short-term.

did not feel that way when I visited while we were renting, and they are planting flowers in the backyard, and installing a spa, and putting up a fence, and I was calling the landlord to fix the air conditioner....

times are different now. For me, it was worth it. The 20% down enabled me to avoid a 2nd mortgage and also changed my spending/savings habit. It made it easier to pay extra on the mortgage and things just snowballed from there.

PM me if you need other details. (yes, believe it or not I'm serious)

Bretsky
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Buying a house early on with well under 20% has turned out to be a wonderful decision from me.

That's all I got; I've debated this before and the 60Hr weeks the past month have me too drained to rebuild the argument that there are many many ways to get to where you want and be successful in doing so.

Life is good.

Cheers,
B

SkinBasket
01-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Congratulations P. Using RG's revised tax numbers, and assuming you don't like to eat or own anything other than a 1982 Caprice, you can now afford a $195,000 home after 8 years to start your massive family. But you better get crackin' because if you wait another year, you'll be more in the 170k range.

I don't buy the spouse adding significant income. She comes with her own expenses and debts and she may not be quite as fond of the Spartan lifestyle as he is. That's assuming they wed, of course, which I feel uncomfortable commenting on.

Bottom line, I'll believe it when I see it.

Other bottom line: I would listen to friends and family (a bad idea) before someone on an internet forum. That includes me.

Third bottom line: Good luck with the mullet Partial.

Partial
01-30-2008, 11:50 PM
I listen to my Dad before anyone else. One smart cookie. Makes over 6 figures at his job and he says he typically makes more in interest than in Comission. I am in line to take over his job.

Recently he purchased an investment that pays 65k profit per year. I will get to take over that as well.

My grandfather worked very hard and started up a successful business and that has trickled down and helped every member of my family when purchasing a house, having a wedding, etc.

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2008, 09:00 AM
I listen to my Dad before anyone else. One smart cookie. Makes over 6 figures at his job and he says he typically makes more in interest than in Comission. I am in line to take over his job.

Recently he purchased an investment that pays 65k profit per year. I will get to take over that as well.

My grandfather worked very hard and started up a successful business and that has trickled down and helped every member of my family when purchasing a house, having a wedding, etc.

So all the pieces fall into place. Daddy and Granddad are setting the table for Partial. Way to work hard for everything you earn.

Too bad your dad can't stand your mom. Are you sure you want to inherit his wonderful life?

Scott Campbell
01-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Based on what I've read the past couple of years, I don't see Partial sitting on his hands waiting to inherit money. He can't help it if he's a member of the Lucky Sperm Club.

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Based on what I've read the past couple of years, I don't see Partial sitting on his hands waiting to inherit money. He can't help it if he's a member of the Lucky Sperm Club.

Just to point out, you haven't seen Partial do anything, you read what Partial has been doing. How he has done it all his own worked his way through school pulling himself up by the bootstraps, not having student loans. Sears pays pretty well to afford college without student loans.

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2008, 10:18 AM
this is like a reality tv show. no, this IS a reality tv show. I like partial, he is spunky. I hate Nutz, he is mean.

Zool
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM
I like partial spunky Nutz.

Edited

SkinBasket
01-31-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't have a problem with partial coming from money. I do find it even more humorous that he was just telling me how I don't work for the things I have in my easy-go-lucky life, however, when he's got a full income, house, and wedding banked for him already.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must return to my life of leisure and vacationing.

MadtownPacker
01-31-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't have a problem with partial coming from money. I do find it even more humorous that he was just telling me how I don't work for the things I have in my easy-go-lucky life, however, when he's got a full income, house, and wedding banked for him already.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must return to my life of leisure and vacationing.Yeah, the starving student bit took a major dump after that last post of his IMO.

Partial
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM

So all the pieces fall into place. Daddy and Granddad are setting the table for Partial. Way to work hard for everything you earn.

Too bad your dad can't stand your mom. Are you sure you want to inherit his wonderful life?

You know you have some nerve for someone who says he wants to go into business with your dad someday. Nothing in this life is free and I will have to work harder than ever if I want to enjoy the luxury's that my dad has. There is no free lunch in my family. They would sell their business and burn the money right in front of me rather than hand it over if I didn't work hard and deserve it.

Partial
01-31-2008, 12:14 PM

Just to point out, you haven't seen Partial do anything, you read what Partial has been doing. How he has done it all his own worked his way through school pulling himself up by the bootstraps, not having student loans. Sears pays pretty well to afford college without student loans.

Sears doesn't. But I averaged 13.90 dollars an hour at Sears. Now I get about 20. I haven't paid off all my school, are you nuts? I have parental helping with some. I did pay for this semester in full though in 6 weeks. Two of Sears and then 4 at new company.

Partial
01-31-2008, 12:15 PM

Now if you'll excuse me, I must return to my life of leisure and vacationing.Yeah, the starving student bit took a major dump after that last post of his IMO.

Whatever fool you know I live at home, work a lot, and am tight with my jewish bag of gold.

MadtownPacker
01-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Whatever fool you know I live at home, work a lot, and am tight with my jewish bag of gold.Yeah, I can vouch about you being a penny pincher.

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2008, 01:21 PM

You know you have some nerve for someone who says he wants to go into business with your dad someday. Nothing in this life is free and I will have to work harder than ever if I want to enjoy the luxury's that my dad has. There is no free lunch in my family. They would sell their business and burn the money right in front of me rather than hand it over if I didn't work hard and deserve it.

I have been working for my dad since I was 12 years old carrying sheetrock, breaking up concrete floors, installing the always itchy insulation. Besides, when my dad retires the business retires unless their someone to take it over. What is there to hand down? Tools that I already have? There is no property involved no investments, my dad's business is himself, literally. I would be replacing him completely. As of now I make my dad money. Do you think he would be remodeling skin's bathroom if not for me giving him the reference? Nope, and trust me it is not like I hold it over his head, I do it because I know he is the best. In my family we do things right all the time, not once in a while, not sometimes, we do them right, and the best we can all the time. Unless we go to Arizona.

"You got some nerve talking to me like that Griswold!"

"I wasn't talking to you."

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2008, 01:23 PM

Get the bon bons ready, I will be over when the kiddies wake up!

SkinBasket
01-31-2008, 01:28 PM

Get the bon bons ready, I will be over when the kiddies wake up!

I'm ready and waiting hon.

GoPackGo
01-31-2008, 03:47 PM

I didn't think it was possible, but now I dislike you even more.

Little Whiskey
01-31-2008, 04:00 PM
tax refund check?

Partial is saving his for a down payment. :wink: Nobody else seems to qualify. How about you? Nascar trip? or hunting trip? :P

naaa just going pay some bills. boring, not directly stimulating the economy.

I will however, finish paying back my student loans. no help from mom or dad when i went thru school.

i thought i was the only one who worked his way thru college. guess its just me and partial?

GoPackGo
01-31-2008, 04:00 PM
http://www.projections-movies.com/images/goodwillhunting.jpg

Lets go beat up some rich kids

Partial
01-31-2008, 04:11 PM

I have been working for my dad since I was 12 years old carrying sheetrock, breaking up concrete floors, installing the always itchy insulation. Besides, when my dad retires the business retires unless their someone to take it over. What is there to hand down? Tools that I already have? There is no property involved no investments, my dad's business is himself, literally. I would be replacing him completely. As of now I make my dad money. Do you think he would be remodeling skin's bathroom if not for me giving him the reference? Nope, and trust me it is not like I hold it over his head, I do it because I know he is the best. In my family we do things right all the time, not once in a while, not sometimes, we do them right, and the best we can all the time. Unless we go to Arizona.

"You got some nerve talking to me like that Griswold!"

"I wasn't talking to you."

Right, my situation would be taking over the family business when my dad retires as well. When I am older I will have a good situation but my Grandma is 82 and still works 40 hours a week. My dad says he doesn't intend to retire ever, so I will start getting phased in and shown the ropes when he hits 75ish I imagine.

I will have to make my own way for awhile, but if I show I am worthy I will be given the reigns to a decent business ( all though its not going so hot lately ).

Partial
01-31-2008, 04:12 PM

I didn't think it was possible, but now I dislike you even more.

I'm fine with that because I have never been a big fan of you myself.

packinpatland
01-31-2008, 05:24 PM
tax refund check?

I will however, finish paying back my student loans. no help from mom or dad when i went thru school.

i thought i was the only one who worked his way thru college. guess its just me and partial?

I'd be willing to bet there's a large % of PR's that paid their own way.
I sure did, so did my husband.
With our kids, I told them the first 4 years are on us, after that you pay.

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I worked my way through college. Getting my dad to mail a check was HARD WORK. He liked to keep me guessing, doled things out on his own schedule, he's that type. I did work some, and had some scholarships.

BTW, if you are someone who paid your way through college more than 15 years ago, your experience really doesn't compare to the costs of today, both tuition and living expenses.

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
tax refund check?

Paying for college wasn't all that tough when it was 89.00 dollars a semester. :D

Scott Campbell
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
I did work some, and had some scholarships.

Cheerleaders got scholorships way back then?

Partial
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
tax refund check?

My Parents pay for what ends up being about half now. I live at home now though, so I end up paying substantially less than a lot of people.

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Right, my situation would be taking over the family business when my dad retires as well. When I am older I will have a good situation but my Grandma is 82 and still works 40 hours a week. My dad says he doesn't intend to retire ever, so I will start getting phased in and shown the ropes when he hits 75ish I imagine.

I will have to make my own way for awhile, but if I show I am worthy I will be given the reigns to a decent business ( all though its not going so hot lately ).

I am sure that if you stay out of jail the company will be all yours.

packinpatland
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM
tax refund check?

Paying for college wasn't all that tough when it was 89.00 dollars a semester. :D

You little twerp......................it was $125.

Partial
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM

I am sure that if you stay out of jail the company will be all yours.

If it survives. They have been operating in the red for over a year now. He says all small business is slow. They insure other businesses and everyone says business is slow evidently.

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Ah, insurance, everyone needs it, only a few profit. I can't tell you how many kids I went to high school with that had dad's or mom's in the insurance owning business. Rich little bastards at that.

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM

I assume you are kidding, unless you went to Beautician School. But I remember in-state tuition at U-Wisc being $450 a semester. And then it went up to $600 a few years later and people were outraged. I think it is 6K a semester now.

Partial
01-31-2008, 06:05 PM

I assume you are kidding, unless you went to Beautician School. But I remember in-state tuition at U-Wisc being $450 a semester. And then it went up to $600 a few years later and people were outraged. I think it is 6K a semester now.

That sound about right, plus ridiculous cost of living and rent around campus makes Madison ridiculously expensive.

But, you can't replace a good education. Just saying you went to Madison helps in salary and whatnot I hear.

packinpatland
01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Of course I'm kidding........I'm not that old!

My tuition was probably about the same as yours............you're talking in the 70's right?

"Beautician School"...........I happen to have a degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology...........and I have a really lousy 'do'. :wink:

Scott Campbell
01-31-2008, 06:12 PM
Tuition? I suppose that makes college a little bit more expensive. But have you seen the price of beer?

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Of course I'm kidding........I'm not that old!

I was thinking up a crack about confederate money, but the joke didn't meet my high standards.

My tuition was probably about the same as yours............you're talking in the 70's right?

I remember my first day on campus, I saw graffiti denouncing Jimmy Carter as murderous imperialist. I just thought, "I'm not in Kansas anymore."

"Beautician School"...........I happen to have a degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology...........and I have a really lousy 'do'. :wink:

I worked in an audiology research lab for 8 years. I was shocked that NONE of the grad students in Communication Disorders knew how to sign.
One anecdote: A grad student friend of mine went to a factory one summer to test the hearing of thousands of workers. The first question he had to ask them was "Do you have any hearing problems?" 63% responded with the same joke: "Huh?"

packinpatland
01-31-2008, 06:16 PM
:lol: :lol: Good one. In our day, it was Bosch (sp?)beer. It was like two bucks a sixpack. That and good old 'Annie Green Springs' wine....99cents a bottle.

Little Whiskey
01-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Tuition? I suppose that makes college a little bit more expensive. But have you seen the price of beer?

why do you think i am just now make the last of the payments on my loans :D

kinda funny the number of kids who paid their own way graduated in 4 years and the number on the 6-12 year plan that had mom and dad paying the funds.

the only thing that mom and dad paid for was the meals i had at home. everything else was on me.

retailguy
01-31-2008, 07:32 PM
I worked my way through college. Getting my dad to mail a check was HARD WORK. He liked to keep me guessing, doled things out on his own schedule, he's that type. I did work some, and had some scholarships.

BTW, if you are someone who paid your way through college more than 15 years ago, your experience really doesn't compare to the costs of today, both tuition and living expenses.

WHAT!!! :shock:

These young kids make $8 to $10 or more an hour for their part time, work study jobs. I made $2.90.....

Tuition was JUST AS PAINFUL for us as it was for them.

I paid for ALL my schooling, and my BA was paid when I graduated. I worked all the way through....

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
ya, ya, ya, Retail, and you walked 6 miles to campus every day, uphill both ways.

retailguy
01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
ya, ya, ya, Retail, and you walked 6 miles to campus every day, uphill both ways.

How'd you know? :P .... Truthfully, I lived for two years in OGG hall, then lived on Spring St up by Camp Randall for 2 more years.

I remember distinctly the "fork" protest when I lived in the dorms. They replaced all the existing forks with forks that had 3 prongs. We called 'em "THREEKS"....

Ah, yes, to be young and militant with nothing to do.... Gosh, I miss it.

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2008, 07:58 PM
I too lived in Ogg Hall for one year. What a zoo. I think I put on about 30 pounds eating late night bagels & cream cheese at Gordo's.

retailguy
01-31-2008, 08:04 PM
I too lived in Ogg Hall for one year. What a zoo. I think I put on about 30 pounds eating late night bagels & cream cheese at Gordo's.

I'd forgot about Gordo's!... Yum. :oops:

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
:lol: :lol: Good one. In our day, it was Bosch (sp?)beer. It was like two bucks a sixpack. That and good old 'Annie Green Springs' wine....99cents a bottle.

Back in the day it was a combination of King Cobra malt liquor forties, or Bush Light.

Scott Campbell
01-31-2008, 08:17 PM
I spent time in Ogg Hall too, though I didn't go to school there. Freinds did.

I think I puked in nearly every stall there.

packinpatland
02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Thought you'd find this interesting Partial.

http://www.forbes.com/realestate/2008/01/31/housing-pricey-suburbs-forbeslife-cx_mw_0131realestate_slide_2.html?thisSpeed=15000

Freak Out
02-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm not going to bother reading some of the proposed legislation but I've been hearing that the rebate is just an advance of your refund...if your going to get one I that is.
Anyone else hear something like this?

LL2
02-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Don't expect to get your check until summer, by then the economy will be doing just fine.

Joemailman
02-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm not going to bother reading some of the proposed legislation but I've been hearing that the rebate is just an advance of your refund...if your going to get one I that is.
Anyone else hear something like this?

I haven't heard anything like that. This article explains it pretty well.http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/08/pf/taxes/rebates_what_you_need_to_know/index.htm?postversion=2008020817

Bush has said he will sign the legislation, and checks are supposed to start going out in early May.