PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still sick from the NFC championship game?

Packers4Glory
01-27-2008, 11:39 PM
I've not paid one bit of attention to the super bowl nor have i watched any sports news since. I've looked at the espn homepage but for other news about baseball and college hoops. I did check jsonline a couple times and it didnt help matters.

I'm still just too pissed off at a wasted chance for our Pack to be in the super bowl.

channtheman
01-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah I know how you feel. This is actually the first time I've logged back into packerrats.com since the game. I thought that I was over it and then at church today they announced when someone would be hosting a Super Bowl party and now I'm getting depressed again thinking about the wasted opportunity.

Lurker64
01-28-2008, 12:23 AM
I haven't listened to the radio or picked up a Sports page since last Sunday and I cancelled my Cable. I figure maybe late February I'll be able to interact with mass media again.

MTPackerfan
01-28-2008, 01:07 AM
I am just starting to ease the knots out of my neck muscles. Thanks for bringing it up. :lol:

Kiwon
01-28-2008, 05:10 AM
Not sick, just disappointed.

The team fights all year to earn the right to host the playoffs at Lambeau, they have a legendary win (the roller coaster climbs up) and then they come out flat, and are out played in the biggest game of the year (the roller coaster drops 90 degrees).

Thud, it's over. The magic runs out, the excitement is replaced with blah. Would'a, should'a, could'a until September.

On second thought, maybe I am feeling sick.

b bulldog
01-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Sick, totally sick and disappinted!

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2008, 08:18 AM
The only consolation is that I did not spend 300 dollars on a ticket.

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm a tiny bit shakey, but mostly feeling well again. It was a bad tuna fish melt I put together at half time.

Packers4Glory
01-28-2008, 09:25 AM
ahh well it feels better knowing i'm not "weird" hhaha

damn.

I have a feeling 2008 is going to be one long yr. My baseball team is likely going to blow (St.Louis) and its a long wait to football.

at least some of you baseball fans have an exciting young team up in Mil-town to look forward to watching all summer.

MTPackerfan
01-28-2008, 09:33 AM
I think what bothered me the most was they played flat and still barely lost the game. Damn!

Noodle
01-28-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm bumming more now than right after the loss. Probably because I watched over the weekend a show about the Pack loss to Denver. Reminded me of how hard it is to get to the big game and how much it sucks to lose a winnable contest. With perspective has come pain.

One further kicker -- Elway apparently told Favre after the game not to worry, that Favre would have plenty more SB chances. I think a lot of us thought that at the time, too. Sure didn't work out that way.

pittstang5
01-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Chalk up another bummed individual right here. I thought I would have been over it, by now. Usually losses take a couple days for me, then I start thinking about the next game...however, this time there is no next game.

packers11
01-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I was in total shock on after the game, and physically sick the next day; never thought i'd actually get sick from watching football but thats how disappointed I was... Its a lot better now, but watching the superbowl will probably hurt the process of forgetting, especially if somehow the giants win... Then I will always think "what could have been"... :(

MadtownPacker
01-28-2008, 12:43 PM
It was helping completely avoiding any sports networks but then I made the mistake of turning on NFL Network replay of the game just as tynes hit that 40+ yarder in OT. THe shitty feeling came back instantly.

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2008, 12:45 PM
At least when the Packers lost the Super Bowl the season was over for everybody.

Joemailman
01-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Suck it up people!! Last time the Packers lost the NFC Title Game they won it all the next year. :clap: :glug: :cow: :bump:

gbgary
01-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Anyone still sick from the NFC championship game?

i am. i know i should be happy we did as well as we did but there's something still nagging at me that makes it hard to accept. imagine how the players feel.

MJZiggy
01-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Suck it up people!! Last time the Packers lost the NFC Title Game they won it all the next year. :clap: :glug: :cow: :bump:

Good point. I was pretty broken hearted, but I have to start looking forward. And forward is the Super Bowl (not this insignificant game that's about to be played, but the real one next year.)

Packers4Glory
01-28-2008, 01:44 PM

LONG way to go for that. have to first get to the regular season to start, hope everyone stays healthy and the young guys continue to progress...then gotta win..then gotta start the whole playoff thing...we have to wait almost an entire fucking year to see if we are still around.

yaaay :roll:

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm still bummed. It was cute how many "sympathy" emails I got from family/friends after they lost. Only got one crappy email after the loss and that was from a Bear fan. .....figures!

A few nights ago my son and I watched the DVD "The Complete History of the Green Bay Packers" which I got for x-mas. That was good and took my mind off the present. I loved the parts with Vince in them. It came with a 2nd dvd of the Ice Bowl but we haven't watched that one yet.

oregonpackfan
01-28-2008, 02:01 PM
I am still disappointed but take consolation in the incredible, surprising season the Packers had. What an incredible 13-3 regular season ride from a team that most of us expected to be an 8-8 season. I am optimistic for next year!

denverYooper
01-28-2008, 02:12 PM
It still hits me from time to time, the shouldas, wouldas, couldas, butdidn'ts.

On the upside, I've gotten more work done in the last few days (even though I'd much rather be obsessively reading every article about the Pack that I can find).

woodbuck27
01-28-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm still bummed. It was cute how many "sympathy" emails I got from family/friends after they lost. Only got one crappy email after the loss and that was from a Bear fan. .....figures!

A few nights ago my son and I watched the DVD "The Complete History of the Green Bay Packers" which I got for x-mas. That was good and took my mind off the present. I loved the parts with Vince in them. It came with a 2nd dvd of the Ice Bowl but we haven't watched that one yet.

good for you Grnbay007.

My lovely kid sister put the dig in really good ( the old they choked again reference) as she knows how much that loss would suck me down and tried to help,Haha.

I was going to respond but felt it better to not allow her to see my pain not give into BS. Funny how I can discern that and ignore it fr. some not other's.

I'm complex. :)

Yes Ladies and Gentleman in the fraternity of Pacvker fans I'm reallt shocked still and bummed ouit by that terrible loss to the GIANTS.

I really felt we'd win that game but not easily. The Giants road record and DL (number of recorded sacks this season and the comaradarie on that team bothered me.

I wish I could re-call who it was that said it, but one of the Giant players in the final month of the season said that he felt they were the perfect team and very much in unity regarding skills and purpose.

That statement made me sit up and take a closer look at them. From what I saw in the Dallas game I wasn't all that impressed; especially with their offensive play calls but that got to right Vs us.

This Packer collapse really hurts me. :(

I'm of the opinion now my sister (Woody) was just being in her way, loving, and as she generally is in her strong intelligence if not in a warm and compassionate way. . . straight in.

Yup the Packers CHOKED! DAM!!

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I think what bothered me the most was they played flat and still barely lost the game. Damn!

Me too. That really, really bothers me. Didn't see the fire.

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 02:24 PM

good for you Grnbay007.

My lovely kid sister put the dig in really good ( the old they choked again reference) as she knows how much that loss would suck me down and tried to help,Haha.

I was going to respond but felt it better to not allow her to see my pain not give into BS. Funny how I can discern that and ignore it fr. some not other's.

Yes Ladies and Gentleman in the fraternity of Pacvker fans I'm reallt shocked still and bummed ouit by that terrible loss to the GIANTS.

I really felt we'd win that game but not easily. The Giants road record and DL (number of recorded sacks this season and the comaradarie on that team bothered me.

I wish I could re-call who it was that said it, but one of the Giant players in the final month of the season said that he felt they were the perfect team and very much in unity regarding skills and purpose.

That statement madem me sit up and take a closer look at them. From what I saw in the Dallas game I wasn,t all that impressed; especially with their offensive play calls but that got to right Vs us.

I'm of the opinion now my sister (Woody) was just being in her way, loving, and as she generally is in her strong intelligence if not in a warm and compassionate way. . . straight in.

Woody, family can be brutal sometimes......in their own special "loving" way...lol Don't take it to heart.

woodbuck27
01-28-2008, 02:28 PM

good for you Grnbay007.

That statement madem me sit up and take a closer look at them. From what I saw in the Dallas game I wasn,t all that impressed; especially with their offensive play calls but that got to right Vs us.

Woody, family can be brutal sometimes......in their own special "loving" way...lol Don't take it to heart.

It felt like a dagger for about 5 minutes then I checked carefully the source and got the re-call I needed to jump off of it - NOT take the hook. :)

Jimx29
01-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Hadn't watched one minute of nfl network until yesterday when they replayed SB XXX1 and watched the Pack smoke N.E.

I'm a lot better now :)

woodbuck27
01-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Hadn't watched one minute of nfl network until yesterday when they replayed SB XXX1 and watched the Pack smoke N.E.

Hey!! You may have missed your calling as a therapist.

When's that book coming out?

Packers4Ever
01-28-2008, 05:26 PM

You lucked out, Numb, :P I watched SB XXXII and saw the Broncos
knock off our Pack. :cry: My own fault, the remote would have
solved that....

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Maybe if I shit my pants I will feel better. Who is with me? Woody? Shouldn't be that hard for you old timer.

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Maybe if I shit my pants I will feel better. Who is with me?

C'mon Nutz, you're a Big Boy now....pull-ups? Depends? :P

BF4MVP
01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm still sick.. :(

Bretsky
01-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Still pissed

We sucked @ss on the biggest game in 10 years

To boot our draft position is shitty so I'm not even interested in reading about that.

Jimx29
01-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Still pissed

To boot our draft position is shitty so I'm not even interested in reading about that.That's what i'm not liking about the whole dealio right now.
Good thing we are pretty deep and set at some positions so we don't have to rely on #30 to build on.

MJZiggy
01-28-2008, 10:45 PM
But would you rather have missed the playoffs just for a better draft position? Come on now!! Think of the Seattle game! That was a classic, wonderful (for us) game! Not to mention all the excitement leading up to it. I'm glad we have the crappy position because it means we had a great season and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have trying to find diamonds at the #30 spot than TT...He'll draft someone you've never heard of and he'll outperform all the top guys at his position for half the money.

BF4MVP
01-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Still pissed

To boot our draft position is shitty so I'm not even interested in reading about that.
The people who get pissed about that are usually the same people who root for a team to lose to better their draft position :?

Bretsky
01-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Still pissed

The people who get pissed about that are usually the same people who root for a team to lose to better their draft position :?

No, the people who stay pissed are the ones that expect to win and don't want to listen to poor excuses as to why it didn't happen

BF4MVP
01-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Still pissed

No, the people who stay pissed are the ones that expect to win and don't want to listen to poor excuses as to why it didn't happen
I understand, I'm still pissed about the loss too. I just don't think draft position is a reason to get upset.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-29-2008, 09:43 AM
I'll be sick again on Sunday.

GBRulz
01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Still pissed

I understand, I'm still pissed about the loss too. I just don't think draft position is a reason to get upset.

I'm with BF on this one. But it's also known that I'm not big into draft talk, either.

Other than Barnett, show me one first rounder that we've chosen in the past few years that is more beneficial to our team than any of our 2nd+ round picks? The draft is like a lottery, some you hit on, some you don't. Why get all bent out of shape because our draft position is a little later this year. I'll take that over a pathetic season where we draft high, anyday.

woodbuck27
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Maybe if I shit my pants I will feel better. Who is with me? Woody? Shouldn't be that hard for you old timer.

Gotta admit to some concern there Nutz. I include butt flexing exercises in my regeim of exercise to assist that challenge.

All the same Nutz. I've been shitting my pants over the Packers for 50 year's next year. NO PRO team gets inside me like the Packers often have. Their more than a passion for me.

I just can't shake my dedicated belief that we can win one more SB with Favre but the reality of that really took a huge hit Vs the Giants. I'll be a long time getting over that loss (maybe never).

My hopes!? just one more opportunity . . PLEASE Football God's.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Bretsky
01-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Still pissed

I'm with BF on this one. But it's also known that I'm not big into draft talk, either.

Other than Barnett, show me one first rounder that we've chosen in the past few years that is more beneficial to our team than any of our 2nd+ round picks? The draft is like a lottery, some you hit on, some you don't. Why get all bent out of shape because our draft position is a little later this year. I'll take that over a pathetic season where we draft high, anyday.

Harrell > Brandon Jackson
AJ Hawk > Darren Colledge :lol:

b bulldog
01-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Agree again B :oops:

Partial
01-29-2008, 10:11 PM
I enjoy the fact that a mere mention of Colledge's name automatically gets a :lol:

I kind of wish Mad would implement that into the software!

Carolina_Packer
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I include butt flexing exercises in my regeim of exercise to assist that challenge.

All the same Nutz. I've been shitting my pants over the Packers for 50 year's next year.

So, you do butt flexing exercises and still shit your pants? You kind of make DN's point, then. I'm guessing that you either watch a lot of games by yourself, or you pass out nose plugs.

woodbuck27
01-30-2008, 11:53 PM
I include butt flexing exercises in my regeim of exercise to assist that challenge.

All the same Nutz. I've been shitting my pants over the Packers for 50 year's next year.

So, you do butt flexing exercises and still shit your pants? You kind of make DN's point, then. I'm guessing that you either watch a lot of games by yourself, or you pass out nose plugs.

That post took a lot of imagination. :) :) :)

GBRulz
01-31-2008, 12:19 AM

I was thinking more like......
Greg Jennings > AJ Hawk.
Jones or Crosby > Harrell.

Bretsky
01-31-2008, 12:22 AM

Greg Jennings > AJ Hawk.

Ah, twisting words are we :lol:

You originally said pick a first compared to any 2nd if I recall. So I picked Darren Taken to School again Colledge.

And Jones and Crosby were not seconds

Being a guy I pay attention to details :wink: :lol:

b bulldog
01-31-2008, 07:34 AM
GB, I agree with your take here.

Zool
01-31-2008, 09:05 AM

Greg Jennings > AJ Hawk.

Ah, twisting words are we :lol:

You originally said pick a first compared to any 2nd if I recall. So I picked Darren Taken to School again Colledge.

And Jones and Crosby were not seconds

Being a guy I pay attention to details :wink: :lol:

And yet you twist the words again. She said 2+ meaning second round and beyond.

Word twister.

Packers4Glory
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
so does the Giants win help your pain or make it worse?

I still think we should have been the team to knock off the Pats. I thought we matched up the best vs them.

denverYooper
02-04-2008, 11:09 AM
so does the Giants win help your pain or make it worse?

I still think we should have been the team to knock off the Pats. I thought we matched up the best vs them.

It sure made me feel better. 8-)

I would've rather seen the Pack knock off the patsies too, natch, but I think that NYG's hefty pressure went a long way towards taking the Patriots out of their game--something that has been shown to be a "blueprint" for competing with that team. I'm not confident GB could've brought that kind of pressure, although I'd bet they could've put up more points.

Deputy Nutz
02-04-2008, 12:51 PM
This game had no bearing on the way the Packers fell apart two weeks ago. The only thing that helps me sleep at night is the fact that the Pats had a hell of a time with the Giants defense.

MadtownPacker
02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
The only thing that helps me sleep at night is the fact that the Pats had a hell of a time with the Giants defense.Thats kinda the point you sack-stretcher. I am not happy that the giants won the superbowl but them winning takes a fraction of the sting away. Maybe it is pathetic but it works.