PDA

View Full Version : Another Ex-packer a texan!!! Its a coach...

packers11
01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5492720.html

Jan. 28, 2008, 5:34PM
Texans officially hire Rhodes as assistant DB coach

Associated Press

Ray Rhodes was hired as the assistant defensive backs coach for the Texans today.

Rhodes, who spent five seasons as a head coach first in Philadelphia and then Green Bay, worked in Seattle since 2003. He was the defensive coordinator for the Seahawks from 2003-05 and had the title of special projects/defense the past two seasons.

Rhodes worked with Texans coach Gary Kubiak for one season in San Francisco and from 2001-02 with the Broncos.

"He brings tremendous experience and passion to our coaching staff," Kubiak said.

He was the NFL Coach of the Year in 1995 after leading the Eagles to a 10-6 record and a wild-card spot in the playoffs. He was the Redskins defensive coordinator in 2000.

Rhodes is from Mexia, Texas, and played two seasons at TCU before finishing his career at Tulsa and played seven NFL seasons.

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2008, 11:14 PM
assistant defensive backs coach

Oh my God.

Freak Out
01-28-2008, 11:23 PM
WTF is he still working for? Retire already and enjoy your golden years.

MTPackerfan
01-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Sounds like a demotion of sorts. Assistance DB coach? Long way from Head Coach or Def Coordinator.

Harlan Huckleby
01-29-2008, 12:02 AM
I remember now that he had a heart attack not too long.

Probably this is just a part-time position that his health allows him to handle.

Patler
01-29-2008, 07:29 AM
I remember now that he had a heart attack not too long.

Probably this is just a part-time position that his health allows him to handle.

I think it was a stroke that he had. His last position in Seattle was sort of a "do what you can" position, too, as I recall. I think this is a case of a friend helping him out and letting him stay involved in a sport he obviously loves.

Carolina_Packer
01-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Unless he's forgotten everything he's learned, he has a lot to offer. At some point you just want to be a part of it, and not in the center of the pressure cooker, like a HC or coordinator. Good for him. He's keeping involved.