PDA

View Full Version : Jerramy Stevens: Nightmare Fuel: Not For The Faint of Heart

pbmax
01-29-2008, 01:46 PM
That Jerramy Stevens is a complete moron has been covered before, but the depth of the damage he has done was not something I had known about before. From the Seattle Times via PFT:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

My questions:

1. Did Thompson agree that he should be drafted? Wasn't this the player the Seahawks took in the Javon Walker draft day trade?

2. If it wasn't Thompson, then Holmgren had to be pushing for him. Has he ever had put himself in the position of advocating signing a criminal?

The only T2 move I have been incapable of rationalizing was the Koren Robinson one. While I understand why he is attractive to a franchise, the Packers have lucked out that he seems to have committed to his rehab. The Seahawks, Vikings and Minnesota drivers weren't so lucky.

Resigning KRob was completely under Thompson's control. What did he think of Stevens?

Partial
01-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I highly, highly, highly doubt TT would go after a player like that. That is not a character guy at all. I hope he rots in hell for what he did.

MJZiggy
01-29-2008, 02:25 PM
There are more questions, though, were the Seahawks aware of the full details of the allegations against Stevens and did they know his full history? Or did the UW try to cover it up?

And a comment: What a fucking dick. I hope he gets what he deserves. And the UW and local police are not blameless here either by a longshot.

PB, KRob may have had his problems, but I don't recall him ever being charged with violence. To me there's a huge difference. And MAYBE a major difference in attitude. I get the impression from reading that that Stevens thinks he's untouchable and that laws and requirements of social decency don't apply to him.

packinpatland
01-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Castrate him.

woodbuck27
01-29-2008, 02:39 PM
What a story. WOW!

Not a good WOW. Shocking stuff.

Reminds me of what a particular Lady Friend said in reference to a lot of men in her experience; but I never felt fair as a generalized statement but it may certainly may apply here:

That statement:

''Men are scum''. Sandi M.

Carolina_Packer
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
The criminal justice system ultimately failed Marie in this case. I guess the going rate for making restitution for raping someone is $300K. Who knew?! The lab samples matched, but the police never did a tox screening on her? What? I'm not sure how long it takes for a "date rape" drug to leave your system, but I guess that's when an individual has to advocate for themselves and demand one; or her parents demand one.

Stevens has been enabled for a long time, from the sounds of this reporting. He has never had to account for his many crimes; even some kind of settlement is wriggling off the hook compared with prison time. He and his lawyers find loopholes because he is rich enough to afford them.

He sounds like a bad dude. I'm sure his parents are deeply disappointed. To me, his issues are not just alcohol related, but alcohol magnified. Bad person + alcohol=criminal person in his case.

Not getting his big payday; who cares! He should be doing time and paying for what he's done. Talent can only excuse so much.

woodbuck27
01-29-2008, 03:13 PM
The criminal justice system ultimately failed Marie in this case. I guess the going rate for making restitution for raping someone is $300K. Who knew?! The lab samples matched, but the police never did a tox screening on her? What? I'm not sure how long it takes for a "date rape" drug to leave your system, but I guess that's when an individual has to advocate for themselves and demand one; or her parents demand one.

Stevens has been enabled for a long time, from the sounds of this reporting. He has never had to account for his many crimes; even some kind of settlement is wriggling off the hook compared with prison time. He and his lawyers find loopholes because he is rich enough to afford them.

He sounds like a bad dude. I'm sure his parents are deeply disappointed. To me, his issues are not just alcohol related, but alcohol magnified. Bad person + alcohol=criminal person in his case.

Not getting his big payday; who cares! He should be doing time and paying for what he's done. Talent can only excuse so much.

ALCOHOLISM is a trial and a symptom of usually something deeper - darker.

I've always supported TT position with our KRob. I only wish TT's confidence in him maximum success. TT gets full credit from me for this position he's taken to support KRob's recovery.

That's the break he (KRob) deserved fr. some NFL team and I'm pleaed the Packer Organization is at least trying to help.

Will it pay off? I certainly pray it will. Do I give credit to TT when deserved?

YES! I do.

PACKERS FOREVER!

KYPack
01-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Sheezus!

I almost had to take a shower after reading that one.

I knew the guy was a loud mouthed jerk, but I didn't know he was that big of an asshole.

pbmax
01-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Yes, I agree there seem to be no assaults in Robinson's past, although driving drunk could get you to the same spot rather quickly. All the same, it hasn't happened yet.

Why I find interesting is the line that T2 might have drawn. Does he distinguish between the two track records? Or did he know from experience that Stevens was a different bird than KRob?

Actually Ziggy, you might just be at the heart of it. Does he distinguish between violence and substance abuse in a prospect? Or were both these guys on their draft board with his blessing?

PB, KRob may have had his problems, but I don't recall him ever being charged with violence. To me there's a huge difference. And MAYBE a major difference in attitude. I get the impression from reading that that Stevens thinks he's untouchable and that laws and requirements of social decency don't apply to him.

pbmax
01-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Exactly my reaction. His coolness under pressure in each situation seems to indicate he isn't new to talking his way out of it.

And I wonder if he really is that charming or if each football stop was just praying he would change.

Sheezus!

I almost had to take a shower after reading that one.

I knew the guy was a loud mouthed jerk, but I didn't know he was that big of an asshole.

MJZiggy
01-29-2008, 07:40 PM
I agree about the possible ramifications of drunk driving, but still somehow find it different than stomping on the head of someone who is unconscious. I'm very curious as to how much they knew about Stevens' story. While KRob was a pariah, TT didn't seem bothered by it, but he made no move toward Stevens at all when he could have had him dirt cheap in basically the same situation without the looming suspension and didn't even sniff at him as far as I've heard.

Did KRob have a known alcohol problem when he was drafted? I mean, TT knew him pretty well by the time he brought him into GB and pretty much knew what his character was like so might have been willing to take the risk based on what he knew.

oregonpackfan
01-30-2008, 12:12 AM
As another poster mentioned, it seems like Stevens was enabled by many people around him be they parents, teammates, coaches, and the judicial system.

What a disgusting situation.

HarveyWallbangers
01-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Why I find interesting is the line that T2 might have drawn. Does he distinguish between the two track records? Or did he know from experience that Stevens was a different bird than KRob?

I had read that early in Thompson's tenure Holmgren trumped him on some of his high draft picks. He got full control of the draft later in his tenure, so I'm not sure if he's most responsible for the drafting of Robinson and Stevens. It's a thin line. From all accounts, Stevens is an asshat--while Robinson is not.

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 08:54 AM
For those of you with soon to be kids entering college...........
I found out that universities do not always report crimes. You really need to do some good invetigative digging to find out things like the number of assaults, rapes, thefts, etc.........
As much as you want your child to go to a good school, you want them to go to a safe school.
I'd take UW off the list.

GBRulz
01-30-2008, 09:02 AM
I found out that universities do not always report crimes. You really need to do some good invetigative digging to find out things like the number of assaults, rapes, thefts, etc.........
As much as you want your child to go to a good school, you want them to go to a safe school.

A few years ago, they made it a law that universities MUST report crimes. That woman murdered at Lehigh Univ and the publicity that came with that, helped getting this law passed. Schools had to stop sweeping things under the rug. However, like anything else....there are loopholes. The loophole is that while yes, campuses must report crimes, they only do so if it actually happens on campus. So yeah, the streets surrounding, the off-location housing, etc...all the crap that happens off campus goes unnoticed.

Great thing to point out, PIP. My brother is actually in the process of sending his oldest girl off to college and is having a hard time finding out some of these stats on the two universities that my niece has narrowed her choices to.

run pMc
01-30-2008, 11:46 AM

True. It has to be considered a crime by the school for it to be reported. I've personally seen the university police or Dean of Students sweep stuff under the rug (i.e., give a warning or slap on the wrist) rather than charging students with felonies. Private schools are at the mercy of their alumni (and future alumni) for funding.

Stevens is a vile person. I'm not sad he won't get his big payday. I'm sad for all the damage he's caused to others. What a dickoid.

MadtownPacker
01-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Man, this dude is a MAJOR piece of trash. Glad TT didnt sign him, even though last year I was saying he should.

Patler
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I see a significant difference between a person who takes actions that are mostly harmful to himself but can have unintended (but perhaps likely) impacts on others, and a person who takes actions intended to harm others.

People I know who are high-functioning alcoholics rarely intend to harm others, but often overlook the potential that it will occur as a result of drinking and driving, drinking and destroying their livelihood, etc. When not drinking they are very sensitive, well-meaning individuals who would never intentionally hurt those around them.

Rape, assault, abusive behavior against others are intentional acts against the victim. The harm that results is intended. People who commit these acts can deceive others about their personalities, but they intend to use and harm others when they commit the acts.

MJZiggy
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
It also occurs to me that a high school or university football team or coach should never EVER wield this kind of power in the local police station of district attorney's office. This was between the individual and the victims and the football coaches and AD's had no business sticking their noses into it.

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I can see how/why AD's and coaches got involved............$$$$