PDA

View Full Version : To hell with it!! I'm rooting for Eli and old Gaptooth...

MadtownPacker
01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
I have always been of the opinion that if you are gonna lose at least let it be to the best. With that said I am rooting for Eli and Strahan to lead the Giants to a W over the evil empire.

Dammit losing last week sucked bigtime and if anything good can come of it then let it be that the Giants take a big blue dump on the cheaters perfect season.

Carolina_Packer
01-30-2008, 12:43 PM
I have always been of the opinion that if you are gonna lose at least let it be to the best. With that said I am rooting for Eli and Strahan to lead the Giants to a W over the evil empire.

Dammit losing last week sucked bigtime and if anything good can come of it then let it be that the Giants take a big blue dump on the cheaters perfect season.

If you wound up losing to the team that wins it all, then they looked like the team of destiny, and it softens the blow a little bit. I want to see the Patriots lose, moreso than see the Giants win.

The Leaper
01-30-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm taking the commercials, even though I already know they will mostly be a disappointment.

I rarely cheer for someone in the Super Bowl more than I cheer against someone. So, I probably will cheer against the Pats...but again already knowing that I will mostly be disappointed.

K-town
01-30-2008, 01:12 PM
I can never bring myself to rooting for Elisha Manning after the shitty that he and "the Royal Family" of the NFL pulled in the 2004 draft. Geez, it was
such a tragedy if he'd been forced to play in San Diego.

Having said that, I loathe Belichek and the Patriots fans (one of whom I met in Cancun), who now rival Yankees, Cowboys and Lakers fans for sheer douchebaggery.

A compromise? Elisha goes out in the first quarter, and the "Hefty Lefty" Jared Lorenzen leads the Giants to a stunning upset. Ala Jeff Hostetler vs. the Bills, oh so long ago.

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I could live with that scenario.

Thank you for not including the Red Sox fans in that list with 'sheer douchebaggery'. :wink:

oregonpackfan
01-30-2008, 02:33 PM
I will be cheering for the Giants. They do represent the NFC. I grow weary of the "experts" and football fans always putting down the quality of the NFC.

KYPack
01-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I really don't have the fire for this one, but, yeah, The Jints.

Wanna see the Cheaters lose.

b bulldog
01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
19-0 :lol:

woodbuck27
01-30-2008, 05:54 PM
About three years ago a gal friend of mine said she had a brand new NFL T-shirt and asked me if I'd like to have it? I said. . . sure. :)

So it turned out to be a New York Giant T-Shirt and to this day it's still in the plastic. On Sunday it will be out of that plastic and on my back.

1. I'm an NFC fan.

2. I like what the Giants did this season. They just hung in and hung in and played awesome on the road.

3. I like the way Eli Manning looked Vs us. He was the BIG difference for the Giants on 'O' and down the stretch overcame his penchant to throw the pick. His patience in the pocket and accuracy was awesome. He's a young QB that has overall played very well in his four short year's in the NFL. He's finally overcome the older brub's shadow.

4. I have the T-SHIRT. :)

5. SEE 1.

GO GIANTS GO!

twoseven
01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm rooting for the Pats fo selfish reasons.

1) Sick of Shula's 72' Dolphins

2) If it's 19-0, part of me wants to believe TT might take something away from the Pats offseason Moss/Stallworth trade and Welker/Thomas signings that obviously made a difference and helped a very good team become unbeatable. Maybe it's purely crazy thinking on my part, but I'm bored, we finished 13-3 and one game away, and we have 25 mil of cap space. TT, please, just one more FA defensive playmaker, pretty please?

hurleyfan
01-30-2008, 06:36 PM
I could live with that scenario.

Thank you for not including the Red Sox fans in that list with 'sheer douchebaggery'. :wink:

Most Red Sox fans I know are pretty much douchebags :lol:

gex
01-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Patriots.
Fuck the '72 Fishheads.
Pefection

Bretsky
01-30-2008, 08:14 PM
19-0

Respect the Pats
Hate the Giants now that they beat us
Detest the 72 Dolphins

KYPack
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Patriots.
Fuck the '72 Fishheads.
Pefection

"Pefection", eh?

GrnBay007
01-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Gaptooth...lol I like it. Hey wanna buy a Giants helmet signed by old Gaptooth? :wink:

RashanGary
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Gaptooth...lol I like it. Hey wanna buy a Giants helmet signed by old Gaptooth? :wink:

You should test it on Ebay and set the reseve at 1,000,000 just so you know it won't sell (because I know it has sentimental value). It might be fun to see how much someone will pay.

All the Favre stuff is way down now that the Packers are out. Funny how that works.

GrnBay007
01-30-2008, 10:45 PM

You should test it on Ebay and set the reseve at 1,000,000 just so you know it won't sell (because I know it has sentimental value). It might be fun to see how much someone will pay.

All the Favre stuff is way down now that the Packers are out. Funny how that works.

I paid $250 for it (Nov. 2006) ...but it was for a good cause. Other than where the money was going to, I wouldn't have paid that much for something non-Packer.

Bretsky
01-30-2008, 10:46 PM

I paid $250 for it ...but it was for a good cause. Other than where the money was going to, I wouldn't have paid that much for something non-Packer.

Anything with the Giants on it is worthless to a Packer fan

I'd rather have my 25 dollar Packer Pro Shop Gift Card :lol:

GrnBay007
01-30-2008, 10:55 PM

I paid $250 for it ...but it was for a good cause. Other than where the money was going to, I wouldn't have paid that much for something non-Packer.

Anything with the Giants on it is worthless to a Packer fan

I'd rather have my 25 dollar Packer Pro Shop Gift Card :lol:

Spend that yet, or do we have to go online shopping again? :P

packers11
01-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Giants > Pats...

F!!k the cheaters!!!
F!!k Randy Cry Baby Moss!!!
F!!k Bill "I'm a cheating Belichick"
F!!k THE PATS BANDWAGON... Can't wait until everyone jumps off...
F!!k the Boston Fans... They are so arrogant...
F!!k the dirtiest team in the league...
and finally...

F ! ! K THE PATRIOTS!!!

18*-1

*cheated

woodbuck27
01-30-2008, 11:13 PM
19-0

Respect the Pats
Hate the Giants now that they beat us
Detest the 72 Dolphins

The Pat's and 2007. It was pefection. :)

I love it.

GBRulz
01-31-2008, 12:23 AM
The Pats def have the sexier QB. I'm going with them :wink:

GBRulz
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
I will be cheering for the Giants. They do represent the NFC. I grow weary of the "experts" and football fans always putting down the quality of the NFC.

So, since the Bears represented the NFC last year, did you cheer for them? Don't make me kick your ass, OPF :lol:

Zool
01-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Another Superbowl, another dud game. If the Pats had lost 1 game during the regular season, interest would be even lower. Last good superbowl I remember was the Rams and Titans.

oregonpackfan
01-31-2008, 10:35 AM

So, since the Bears represented the NFC last year, did you cheer for them? Don't make me kick your ass, OPF :lol:

Holy Terror, Batman! GBR might be coming after me! :)

No, I could never cheer for the Bears. That said, I have read "experts" disparage the Packers 13-3 record claiming the record was mostly against NFC teams. They forget the Packers were 4-0 against AFC teams during the regular schedule.

I just want the NFC to start earning some respect even if it means the Giants beating the Patriots.

packinpatland
01-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Giants > Pats...

F!!k the cheaters!!!
and finally...

F ! ! K THE PATRIOTS!!!

18*-1

*cheated

Could you be more specific on exactly how you feel. :wink: ?

denverYooper
01-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Patriots.
Fuck the '72 Fishheads.
Pefection

"Pefection", eh?

That's almost too awesome for words.

Is "pefection" 18-1 because it's 1 off, or is "pefection" 19*-0 because if you gloss over it, it looks good, but if you stop and look into it, something's amiss?

gex
01-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Ummm Yea thats what I meant. :oops:

packers11
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Giants > Pats...

F!!k the cheaters!!!
and finally...

F ! ! K THE PATRIOTS!!!

18*-1

*cheated

Could you be more specific on exactly how you feel. :wink: ?

Don't get me started... :lol: