PDA

View Full Version : Sales Tax Free Day/Weekend

Partial
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Does Wisconsin or Illinois have a day or weekend during the year where there isn't any sales tax?

Partial
01-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Nevermind, I found the answer. They do not. Most states don't include expensive items anyway.

http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales_holiday.html

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 03:08 PM
CT. has, or used to have, it for a week or two sometime in Aug..........back to school clothes and supplies.

oregonpackfan
01-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Oregon remains one of the few states that does not have a sales tax.

I am not sure about the others. Wyoming and/or Alaska?

]{ilr]3
01-30-2008, 04:57 PM

I know Texas does not have any State income tax. They pay for everything with a high sales tax. My brother lives down there and he seems to like it.

I would by everything from online stores out of state. Of course I would send in to the state what I owe... :P

retailguy
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM

Ok. No sales Tax - Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, & Oregon.

No State Income Tax - Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington & Wyoming. Tennessee and New Hampshire only tax Dividend and Interest Income.

Little Whiskey
01-30-2008, 05:35 PM
{ilr]3]

I know Texas does not have any State income tax. They pay for everything with a high sales tax. My brother lives down there and he seems to like it.

I would by everything from online stores out of state. Of course I would send in to the state what I owe... :P

I've got relatives in tx. I guess prop. tax is high as well. also they pay a fortune for Electric and water. but cost of living is pretty low.

packinpatland
01-30-2008, 06:31 PM

Delaware doesn't. Also doesn't have personal income tax.

retailguy
01-30-2008, 09:38 PM

Delaware doesn't. Also doesn't have personal income tax.

Delaware does have income taxes. Top rate is about 6%. I have a client there.

Here are the gory details...

http://revenue.delaware.gov/

digitaldean
01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
One things for damn sure Wisconsin (aka, TAX HELL) will never allow one day to go without their precious sales tax.

:evil:

Partial
01-30-2008, 11:41 PM

Ok. No sales Tax - Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, & Oregon.

No State Income Tax - Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington & Wyoming. Tennessee and New Hampshire only tax Dividend and Interest Income.

And as a result Texas will soon become the new Silicon Valley.

GBRulz
01-30-2008, 11:51 PM
One things for damn sure Wisconsin (aka, TAX HELL) will never allow one day to go without their precious sales tax.

:evil:

damn straight about that one! The thought of WI having a tax free day actually made me laugh.

Partial
01-30-2008, 11:56 PM
The reason I ask this is when comparing the price of getting a used MacBook versus getting a new one this summer when the have the free iPod promotion, it would be a very good deal if it didn't have tax.

But when you're paying tax on 1300 bucks it adds up. But you do get a free printer and a MacBook for around 820 after selling the iPod. And used MacBooks go for around 700ish. I'd rather get something two years newer for 120 bucks.

GBRulz
01-31-2008, 12:11 AM
The reason I ask this is when comparing the price of getting a used MacBook versus getting a new one this summer when the have the free iPod promotion, it would be a very good deal if it didn't have tax.

But when you're paying tax on 1300 bucks it adds up. But you do get a free printer and a MacBook for around 820 after selling the iPod. And used MacBooks go for around 700ish. I'd rather get something two years newer for 120 bucks.

Buy it from my nephew at the Apple store in Brookfield. You'd be helping out a poor college kid from Marquette :wink:

Partial
01-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Do they get commission? If so, PM me his name and I will.