PDA

View Full Version : How would GB have faired against NE?

Patler
01-30-2008, 08:00 PM
To me, the most disappointing thing about the loss to the Giants is not missing out on the Super Bowl; its not playing against the Patriots in their undefeated season. I would have been just as disappointed if the Packers were there, but NE had lost.

I let myself look forward to a Packer/Patriot match-up. I think it had intriguing aspects. I think it would have been an very enjoyable, high-scoring game.

hurleyfan
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
I agree Patler..

I think it would've been a high paced game, up and down the field for both teams.. I figure the Pack could put some points on the board against the Pats, but I don't think we could've stopped NE on a consistant basis, and late in the game, with our Defense all tuckered out, the Pats pull out a close one...

Ofcourse, if the Pack used the same game plan, and especially the execution from the Giant game, it would've been over early :(

I would like to see how Barnett & Hawk would've matched up against the quick strike attack, Harris matching up against one of his old "foes" in Moss, and maybe Bigby putting a big hit on Welker as he does one of his patented cross patterns!

We'll never know though, sad to day..

b bulldog
01-30-2008, 09:05 PM
The lack of a passrush on D would have been our down fall because I doubt that we would have stopped them at all. Brady would have had close to ten seconds to throw the ball. Our passrush was really weakened by years end.

woodbuck27
01-30-2008, 11:41 PM
I really believed we'd be there. The way we lost a shock.

I really believed we'd do well in the Super Bowl as well. Win it?

I just believe not sure of a win,always just believe.

Cheesehead Craig
01-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Hold up woody, you are completely flip flopping here, you posted this just now:

But in the Randy Moss Hung Up thread you put this up:

NO SUPER BOWLS for the GREEN BAY PACKERS under Ted Thompson as our GM. Mark it on all the walls. He doesn't have it Packer fans.

So you say you believed we would have been in the SuperBowl, but you also claim we won't get there.

Which is it? Did you think we were going to the Super Bowl, or did your belief that TT would not get us there mean we were doomed to lose to the Giants? You're contradicting youself and I think there needs to be some clarification.

twoseven
01-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Watching Phillip Rivers on his gimp knee able to pick apart the NE secondary with only two decent WRs during stretches of the AFC Championship game left me thinking how much I'd like to see brett in 60-70 degree weather with the 5 wide going after the NE secondary.

denverYooper
01-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Packers would've won 35-21.

MadtownPacker
01-31-2008, 12:38 PM
I let myself look forward to a Packer/Patriot match-up.So you are human!! :lol:

I agree, this is the worse part of it, was not getting to find out how the Pack would have done against the "greatest" team ever. dallas and NY had their chance. Wish GB would have had a shot too. The AZ weather would have allowed the passing game to go off.

The Leaper
01-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Watching Phillip Rivers on his gimp knee able to pick apart the NE secondary with only two decent WRs during stretches of the AFC Championship game left me thinking how much I'd like to see brett in 60-70 degree weather with the 5 wide going after the NE secondary.

Watching Plaxico Burress pick apart our secondary with Eli Manning throwing him the ball in subzero weather left me thinking how much I did not want to see Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker going after our secondary.

hurleyfan
01-31-2008, 01:15 PM

Watching Plaxico Burress pick apart our secondary with Eli Manning throwing him the ball in subzero weather left me thinking how much I did not want to see Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker going after our secondary.

Touche :!: :!:

Scott Campbell
01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
You're contradicting youself and I think there needs to be some clarification.

You want clarification?

Then you're asking the wrong guy.

Patler
01-31-2008, 01:28 PM

I was thinking similarly, which made me think it might have been a 56-55 final score! Very entertaining

However, I'm not sure that Moss is as physical at the line of scrimmage as Burress was in that game. Granted he is faster and quicker, with better skills at the point of reception (as if those things matter!); but Harris trying to molest him at the line of scrimmage might have been more effective than it was against Burress. Burress just kind of shrugged it off.

Heck, Harris might have "held" Moss to just 8 or 9 receptions and 140 yards! :D

twoseven
01-31-2008, 01:29 PM

A healthy Burress wasn't dominating much of anything at all in their first matchup in NY on a warm day. Maybe next year. I'd rather have a warm weather shootout with Favre on the road than -20 at home.

woodbuck27
01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Hold up woody, you are completely flip flopping here, you posted this just now:

But in the Randy Moss Hung Up thread you put this up:

NO SUPER BOWLS for the GREEN BAY PACKERS under Ted Thompson as our GM. Mark it on all the walls. He doesn't have it Packer fans.

So you say you believed we would have been in the SuperBowl, but you also claim we won't get there.

Which is it? Did you think we were going to the Super Bowl, or did your belief that TT would not get us there mean we were doomed to lose to the Giants? You're contradicting youself and I think there needs to be some clarification.

The explanation Cheesehead Craig is easy.

I'm first and foremost all Packers. I can't stand seeing the Packers lose. That fits just who I am. All my life I've been a winner in competition because of certain gifts that I use gratefully thus never take for granted.

That's why I certainly expect a lot fr. our GM.

I posted clearly, that I believed we would win not sure we would win.

I quote myself:

''I just believe not sure [/b]of a win,always just believe'' woodbuck27

I'm never totally sure of a Packer win ie Vs the New York Giants[/b].That if we reached the Super Bowl we'd do well not that we'd win.

Why this season was I like that? Do my actions support my beliefs?

I back myself there by how I lay my money down or bet. Because I didn't believe that our GM had done enough to place us in the upper echelon of NFL teams. Because our early schedule was loaded with upper teams fr. 2007. I had low confidence in the Packers.

In fact, in spite of TT's inactive state in our last off season we did surprizingly well. That surprizing start affected my position in the Pickem.

My low confidence early7 in 2007 in the Packers, may, in a final analysis, have cost me another or repeat Championship.

I want more to hold TT under the microscope. Maybe some are not as aware as I am that it's the Packer fan that counts most and therefore needs to try to be the best fan he (she ) may. To pay strict attention and get it very straight up.

I put my money this season where my thoughts and analysis went. Early I had little faith or confidence in the Packers being winners in our early schedule. I predicted (generously to me) a 7-9 season.

The facts of my performance in the PickEm will bear this out as the TRUTH.

As the seaaon bore on I analyzed that there was certain justification to give more confidence to our team. A BIG factor being that FAVRE WAS ON FIRE AND our WR's were benefitting fr. Favre's skill and performance and gaining confidence and the whole team was relaxed.

Then we saw Ryan Grant finally give us some real semblance of a running game over half way through the schedule. His late addition and time to fit in and lesrn the playbook a factor, and we are grateful for that as TT was out to lunch on any previous efforts to shore up our run.

Our defense was on and of and 'in fact' we played no better or worse than in 2007. Still OK because, the offense was protecting our defense by putting up the numbers.

We may make another step. To do so we need Favre back and we need TT to get fully plugged in or I promise Y'all a flop from this season to 2008 not certainly NO NFC Championship game appearance.

Even if TT gets to where I expect him to land. I will never be 100% sure of victory.

Did YOU understand that Packer fan?

If not this.

The success of 2008 falls on TT and Mike McCarthy and all their efforts to elevate our team to greter strength.

I expect TT to demonstrat a lot of learning and growth. I expect that MM will not appear so much as 'the Doe in the headlights''.

I believe they'll get there. I'm not sure of that.

PACKERS FOREVER!

gex
01-31-2008, 02:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing twoseven, maybe homefield advantage in sub-zero weather is not something to hope for next year. I really wanted to go to Dallas, in the warmth, go 5 wide and get that monkey of our back once and for all. Plus I too wanted a shot at the greatest :roll: team ever. I beleive we match-up very favorably with them, our offense could go point for point and our defense seems to match-up well vs their O.

Scott Campbell
01-31-2008, 02:33 PM
I haven't seen this much waffling since I had breakfast at IHOP.

woodbuck27
01-31-2008, 03:04 PM
I haven't seen this much waffling since I had breakfast at IHOP.

Funny Scott. :) :) :)

Cheesehead Craig
01-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Woodbuck -
I asked you explain a contradiction in what you wrote in some statements about the Packers and TT. You then attack me for some reason saying I have some hatchet when I simply asked for clarification.

You also talk about how great of a winner you are. Whatever the hell that has to do with the statements.

Then you ramble on about the Pro Pick 'Em and how you did. Whatever the hell that has to do with the statements.

Then you say you are humble and not arrogant. Which completely contradicts what was a good portion of your post.

Never once do you clarify why you can post both that we will never make the Super Bowl and that you thought we were going to the Super Bowl within minutes of each other.

Don't bother responding woody. I doubt I'll get any further clarification from you and if you tried I'm sure it would be some more nonsensical ramblings.

woodbuck27
01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Woodbuck -
I asked you explain a contradiction in what you wrote in some statements about the Packers and TT. You then attack me for some reason saying I have some hatchet when I simply asked for clarification.

You also talk about how great of a winner you are. Whatever the hell that has to do with the statements.

Then you ramble on about the Pro Pick 'Em and how you did. Whatever the hell that has to do with the statements.

Then you say you are humble and not arrogant. Which completely contradicts what was a good portion of your post.

Never once do you clarify why you can post both that we will never make the Super Bowl and that you thought we were going to the Super Bowl within minutes of each other.

Don't bother responding woody. I doubt I'll get any further clarification from you and if you tried I'm sure it would be some more nonsensical ramblings.

How's this then:

The explanation Cheesehead Craig.

I posted clearly, that I believed we would win not sure we would win.

I quote myself:

''I just believe not sure of a win,always just believe'' woodbuck27

There it is.

That I'm never totally sure of a Packer win.

ie Vs the New York Giants. That if we reached the Super Bowl we'd do well not. . .

that we'd win.

Is that better for YOU?

Scott Campbell
01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
I would have been just as disappointed if the Packers were there, but NE had lost.

I wanted the Pack to play NE too, but I'm not going to go quite that far.

Scott Campbell
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
You also talk about how great of a winner you are.

Winner? I thought he said weiner.

woodbuck27
01-31-2008, 03:58 PM

What's this Scott? Maybe a bad day with the wives, so your here to get rid of a little pent up frustration with your anal active pseudo calls for help posts.

Go see a shrink Scott, as that's better long term planning.

Short on cash? Try one of your wives cookie jars. Use some of your MAD money.

woodbuck27
01-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Woodbuck -

I went into a lot in that post to clarify that I am not just a member here that takes an opposing view, from the large majority, because that makes me feel great. My position means I have to endure a lot of pain fr. some rather sick people here at times.

I categorize only a few posters at PackerRats there.

Scott Campbell
01-31-2008, 05:31 PM

What's this Scott? Maybe a bad day with the wives, so your here to get rid of a little pent up frustration with your anal active pseudo calls for help posts.

Go see a shrink Scott, as that's better long term planning.

Short on cash? Try one of your wives cookie jars. Use some of your MAD money.

Uhhhh......no. Wasn't mad or any of those other nice polite things you said. I just thought you said weiner.

Kiwon
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
If the Pats and Pack had played in the Super Bowl I think it would have been a very good game.

That said, I think the Pats probably would have won for two reasons:

1. The experience of Bill Belichick and crew over MM and his coaches.

2. The Pats OL versus the Pack's front seven. I expect the Pats would have won that battle and a lack of a pass rush by the Packers would have given Brady just too much time to throw.

Of course, an injury or a fluke play could change the whole course of a game, but with everything being equal, I would expect the Pats to have won.

Still, it's a bitter shame that the Packers and #4 won't be on the field come Sunday. They were so close............... :x

b bulldog
01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
It is a shame but THE PACKERS BLEW IT, WE DIDN'T