View Full Version : Monday Morning QB

CaliforniaCheez
01-31-2008, 01:41 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2256/2218951294_1523dffcbf_b.jpg

Hindsight is wonderful.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2008, 01:54 AM
This was discussed in another thread.

1) Poor picture since the ball is halfway to Driver. Who's to say they were open earlier? If you've played football, you know that defensive backs tend to back off once the ball is in the air. If the photo was from when Favre had to make a decision, I'm guessing the receiver down the middle wasn't open, the RB out of the backfield was cluttered in space, and Driver was open. Remember he had some separation, but by this time the CB broke on a ball thrown to the inside. Who knows if Favre even got to the point where he could look around and see the receiver on the left open.
2) We don't know what progression Driver was. If he was #1, I have no problem. He was open enough. Just a poor throw.
3) Pressure coming up the middle is going to rush a QB, and Favre probably had little idea how close Osi actually was, so I'm sure he felt rushed.
4) The offense had done nothing with their dinks and dunks all night, so I'm sure he started pressing a bit.

That's not take anything away from the poor throw, but QB'ing in the NFL is a little more complicated than that.

Bretsky
01-31-2008, 07:12 AM
picture looked much worse at time of delivery; it also was posted. Driver and Jennings were the only real two options looking like they were breaking away when ball was let go

Tarlam!
01-31-2008, 07:25 AM
Oh come on, Rats! Brett choked. The evidence is clear.

I am as infatuated with the #4 thing as anybody. But Brett is a choker.

b bulldog
01-31-2008, 07:31 AM
If your going to state that the WR's had time to get open from when the ball left Brett's hands, which is true, but than you must also state that the passrush was even further away when Brett actually threw the ball and that he wasn't rushed on the play. Can't have it both ways.

Zool
01-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Was clearly a bad pass, but Driver was open and in single coverage. On Jennings side it looks like the safety turned the wrong way after the pass was thrown. Had the ball been thrown 6 feet more towards the sideline it would have either been incomplete or caught by Driver. It wasn't a bad decision at all, just a bad throw. Every QB has bad throws from time to time.

Everyone has to let this go. Its over with.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2008, 09:15 AM
If your going to state that the WR's had time to get open from when the ball left Brett's hands, which is true, but than you must also state that the passrush was even further away when Brett actually threw the ball and that he wasn't rushed on the play. Can't have it both ways.

Not really. I don't remember the play clearly, but I remember some pressure. Did Osi get to the outside and Favre stepped up in the pocket? Looks like that's a blitzing LB that the FB is holding. The point is: you can't judge the play based on the fact of a photo taken when the ball is halfway in the air. You can't even base it on that necessarily because it's important to know who was the first progression on the play.

b bulldog
01-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Sorry but yoy can't have it both ways. The Giants Dline would have been further away from brett also.

Iron Mike
01-31-2008, 11:05 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a picture where Colledge, Wells and Spitz ALL failed to block a single linebacker, would you?? :roll: