PDA

View Full Version : Deanna Favre Inspired My Daughter

oregonpackfan
02-01-2008, 12:08 AM
This last Christmas, I gave my 19 year old daughter a copy of Deanna Favre's book Don't Bet Against Me. I made a point of reading it before I wrapped it as a present.

It is a very well-written book in which Favre talks about her life before meeting Brett, their highs and lows in their marriage, her faith, and her challenge in meeting and conquering breast cancer. Deanna presents herself as an insightful and intelligent woman.

During her chemotherapy, Favre lost all of her hair. She was feeling sorry for herself and embarassed about her image until she met some children who had also lost their hair after receiving chemo. While Favre could financially afford to buy wigs for herself, most of the children had no such option.

In her book, Favre encourages women to occasionally donate 10 inches of their hair to "Locks of Love." This is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.

During a recent trip, my daughter was so moved by Deanna Favre's story, she read the book in a single day!

Home on a college break, my daughter made an appointment with a local hairdresser and had 10 " of her wavy red hair removed and donated to Locks of Love. Needless to say, I was very proud of her generosity.

The website is:

www.locksoflove.org/

Harlan Huckleby
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
mmmmmm, wavy red hair - my favorite!

Tarlam!
02-01-2008, 04:39 AM
OPF, you are King. I am sure, my new bride would donate, but we live in Germany..

packinpatland
02-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Very nice OPF. You should be proud of her. I remember the photo you showed us of your girls. Beautiful. That was very generous of her to donate.
Just like her Dad...............class act.

MadtownPacker
02-01-2008, 08:50 AM
OPF, you are King. I am sure, my new bride would donate, but we live in Germany..You aint drunk right?

Just last October you where full of life. Looks like that is over. :D

Deputy Nutz
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
, my new bride

:crazy:

You weren't even divorced in October. What are you one of those guys that just needs to get kicked in the nuts ever so often?

Scott Campbell
02-01-2008, 01:32 PM
T,

Am I to understand that congratulations are in order?

Tarlam!
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Scott, I asked her and she said yes. Now, I need to get divorced, then married. (The ring is over a carat blue-white for those in the know).

Yes, she is the best thing that ever happened to me...

Scott Campbell
02-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Scott, I asked her and she said yes. Now, I need to get divorced, then married. (The ring is over a carat blue-white for those in the know).

Yes, she is the best thing that ever happened to me...

DUDE - CONGRATS!

Wait a sec. - tell me she's not a Bear fan.

packinpatland
02-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Good for you Tarlam!................wait another sec.....only 1 carat????? :shock:

Tarlam!
02-02-2008, 02:47 AM
She hates Da Bears! She'll register as a Rat so that she can officially participate in The Gathering II.

My kids adore her, and she's modest, PIP, that's why it's smallish...

MJZiggy
02-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Just so you know where you stand there, dear...

This is NSFW!! I repeat: N S F W!!! (you can look at it, just don't have the sound up.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OaRcsfnY4