PDA

View Full Version : Chris Berman - Wound A Little Tight

Scott Campbell
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnC8BtNBNLo

Carolina_Packer
02-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't know what's more embarrassing, him going off like that, or there being a camera and mic pointed at him (I'm guessing without his knowledge) to capture it for the YouTubes of the world. I wonder if this was taken in the 2000, if you see the graphic on the screen for 30 years of Monday Night Football. If that was the case, I wonder how this didn't surface before now, if you look at the submit date.

Boomer either needs to buy a rug or shave off the last vestiges of his comb over. It's funny how a guy who seems so loose and light on TV, like he's enjoying his job more than anyone could be going off like that.

gbpackfan
02-01-2008, 04:14 PM
It's not really fair to Chris to blast him because we didn't see what happened before he went off. Yeah, it looks bad but sometimes people need to get their asses chewed. Howard Stern lets his guys have it from time to time and it is the funniest shit ever. The only mistake ESPN made was not airing the blow up when it happened. It's great TV!

Jimx29
02-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I love the unexpected rants. :D
I have a couple on my machine. First one is Howard Cosell going off. Second one is former Vikings coach Jerry Burns going apeshit.

http://media.putfile.com/Howard-17

http://media.putfile.com/Burns-tirade

Scott Campbell
02-01-2008, 04:58 PM

Me too. Wanna chip in on a web cam for Woody?

Kiwon
02-01-2008, 04:59 PM
I couldn't tell if he was cussing or praying because he was saying "Jesus" so much.

woodbuck27
02-01-2008, 05:06 PM

Me too. Wanna chip in on a web cam for Woody?

Yes Scott the web Cam is thoughtful, but I'm a Christian, therefore not eligible. I don't lose my cool or curse.

GrnBay007
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
My kids recorded (without me knowing) with the cell phone....a lil rant by me one day in the car after someone almost hit us. Then the next day made it my new ring tone. Luckily I received a phone call that day BEFORE I went to work and anyone else heard it. (who needs enemies when you have kids! :D j/k)

Scott Campbell
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't loose my cool or curse.

I have to admit that I've never seen you loose your cool.

:lol:

woodbuck27
02-01-2008, 05:54 PM

See what I mean about you being really anal Scott? You needed a kick in the ass a long time ago I sense, to jump start that paralyzed brain of yours.

I mean your one very screwed unfortunate soul Scott. Very pathetic.

oregonpackfan
02-01-2008, 06:00 PM
We have all have our meltdowns. I am hardly qualified to "Cast the first four-letter word."
:oops:

Little Whiskey
02-01-2008, 06:02 PM
My kids recorded (without me knowing) with the cell phone....a lil rant by me one day in the car after someone almost hit us. Then the next day made it my new ring tone. Luckily I received a phone call that day BEFORE I went to work and anyone else heard it. (who needs enemies when you have kids! :D j/k)

Thats FUNNY!! that is also why my kids will never have a cell phone.

Anyone else think he was chugging one a beer. hell, seemed like he should have gotten something stronger.

Scott Campbell
02-01-2008, 06:05 PM

See what I mean about you being really anal Scott? You needed a kick in the ass a long time ago I sense, to jump start that paralyzed brain of yours.

You might find this amazing - I actually find your hatred of me somewhat comforting. Your rants are much like a peverse endorsement of everything I stand for.

It would be really disturbing if you liked me and found me normal. If you did, I'd know for certain that I was truly screwed up.

So thank you Woody, and by all means - carry on.

woodbuck27
02-01-2008, 06:16 PM

You might find this amazing - I actually find your hatred of me somewhat comforting. Your rants are much like a peverse endorsement of everything I stand for.

It would be really disturbing if you liked me and found me normal. If you did, I'd know for certain that I was truly screwed up.

So thank you Woody, and by all means - carry on.

That should qualify YOU Scott for the Psycho Post of the year award.

I mean seriously Scott.

Isn't there anyone qualified to help you out there in the boonies? You know ride up to your little house, with a black horse and buggy, get out wipe the dust off of his boots and the sweat from his forehead.

At least give it a shot. I'll pray there is.

Scott Campbell
02-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Isn't there anyone qualified to help you out there in the boonies? You know ride up to your little house, with a black horse and buggy, get out wipe the dust off of his boots and the sweat from his forehead.

Woody, I live in Salt Lake City. We have a NBA franchise, hosted the 02 Olympic games, have running water and everything. You should come out, and I'll show you around. I can even show you where some of the real polygamists live if you like.

While I love living here, I don't feel particularly compelled to bore people with thread after thread about where I live the way you do. We have a Chamber of Commerce for that.

Carolina_Packer
02-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Woody, I live in Salt Lake City. We have a NBA franchise, hosted the 02 Olympic games, have running water and everything. You should come out, and I'll show you around. I can even show you where some of the real polygamists live if you like.

While I love living here, I don't feel particularly compelled to bore people with thread after thread about where I live the way you do. We have a Chamber of Commerce for that.

Ah, come on Scott, be a little narcissistic and self-agrandizing! It might look good on you!

RashanGary
02-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Holy shit, that was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I really can't stop laughing.

RashanGary
02-01-2008, 08:17 PM
His body language absolutely priceless. And then how suprised he is at how dumb and rude everyone is. He really can't believe it.

RashanGary
02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
From 50 seconds to 60 seconds is hillarious. He's so animated and condecending. I'm a tough customer to really laugh out loud but wow, that was freaking priceless. My stomach hurts.

b bulldog
02-01-2008, 08:28 PM
As a Christain, I'm a tad put off by his remarks, what an idiot.

RashanGary
02-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I like that he's sippin on his coke too. . . He really doesn't need a drop more caffeine.

KYPack
02-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Man, we gotta a lot of Christians on here.

What is this, Christian Encourager?

Well.. don't none of ya read another classic Bermanism.

"A friend of mine just told me he's getting married. When he gave me the news I immediately thought of the time we were in Scottsdale at spring training, because it's the best pickup story I've ever been a party to. It was about nine years ago, and I actually forget the bar. But my friend was seriously putting the moves on this somewhat attractive young woman, who was wearing leather pants and had a leather jacket draped over her lap. They had been chatting at the bar for about an hour, and my friend thought he was in the house. I had never seen someone work so hard for a score.

But just as he was putting on the finishing touches, Chris Berman walks by. And without even breaking stride, Berman looks at the girl, points and says "You're with me, leather." And the girl looks up, instantly recognizes Berman, snatches up her jacket and walks out with him, leaving my friend in mid-sentence.
Because we made another call to independently confirm this tale, "You're with me, leather," now officially enters the pantheon of Chris Bermanisms, of which there were probably several more uttered later during the evening in question. Yeah, we should have noted earlier that this thing gets really horrifying if you think about it too much."

Google "Berman Leather" on go to Deadspin if you want the gory details.

BF4MVP
02-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Just a guy who got pissed off..No big deal..He apologized too.

GrnBay007
02-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Thats FUNNY!! that is also why my kids will never have a cell phone.

They don't have cell phones....they did this with mine! :?

I think it's all part of the conspiracy for me to get them a cell phone. They use mine ALL the time and then when I go to use it or take it to work the battery is close to being dead.

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 03:56 PM

I thought it was pretty bad. Not saying I"m not pretty bad from time to time, but that wasn't just a normal blow up.

The funniest part is his arrogant, condecending tone. The entire time, he's just dumb founded by how rude and/or stupid his co-workers are. He's like "seriously, what the fuck. . . I mean how in the fuck can you do that?. .. . . . No, really, I'm just fucking dumb founded that you can't sit still for 10 fucking seconds while I concentrate. .. . . . Oh my god, I can't believe this, as soon as I need to concentrate people are zipping around <motions violently with hands>. . . . Wow, it's like these people have never done TV. . . . . .What the fuck. . . . <sips caffeinated cola>. . . <continues ranting and raving about how stupid his coworkers are>

Priceless. You can't teach that condecending tone. Either you think you are better than the people around you or you don't. I don't have a problem with it, but I'll bet his co-workers probably did.

BF4MVP
02-02-2008, 04:49 PM

I thought it was pretty bad. Not saying I"m not pretty bad from time to time, but that wasn't just a normal blow up.

The funniest part is his arrogant, condecending tone. The entire time, he's just dumb founded by how rude and/or stupid his co-workers are. He's like "seriously, what the fuck. . . I mean how in the fuck can you do that?. .. . . . No, really, I'm just fucking dumb founded that you can't sit still for 10 fucking seconds while I concentrate. .. . . . Oh my god, I can't believe this, as soon as I need to concentrate people are zipping around <motions violently with hands>. . . . Wow, it's like these people have never done TV. . . . . .What the fuck. . . . <sips caffeinated cola>. . . <continues ranting and raving about how stupid his coworkers are>

Priceless. You can't teach that condecending tone. Either you think you are better than the people around you or you don't. I don't have a problem with it, but I'll bet his co-workers probably did.
Yeah it was pretty bad. We all are from time to time though 8-)

You pretty much nailed it, though.. :lol: