PDA

View Full Version : MMA Predictions - Brock Lesnar versus Frank Mir

Kiwon
02-02-2008, 06:10 AM
Any MMA fans here?

Who wins between Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir?

GBRulz
02-02-2008, 08:43 AM
what is MMA?

Kiwon
02-02-2008, 08:54 AM
what is MMA?

Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a full contact combat sport in which a wide variety of fighting techniques are used, including striking and grappling.
.................................................. ...............................................

Remember this?

UFC's Randy Couture Is Brett Favre's Idol

Posted Dec 9th 2007 7:51PM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Packers, Fighting, MMA

There aren't many athletes in any sport who are both older and better than Brett Favre. But I can name one: Randy Couture, who recently stepped aside as the UFC heavyweight champion and is the best mixed martial arts fighter in the world.

So I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise to learn that Favre's sporting idol is Couture. And in a meeting that was apparently set up by Jay Glazer of Fox Sports (who covers both the NFL and mixed martial arts), Couture visited Green Bay and addressed the Packers. It was a hit:

"It was unbelievable," head coach Mike McCarthy told FOX Sports after listening to the special guest speaker. "I don't think I've ever been around a guy that impressive before in my life. He's pretty much the baddest guy walking the country, but he's one of the most humble guys I think I've ever been around."

Not many people can walk into a room full of NFL players and instantly become the toughest guy in the room. But Couture did that when he visited the Packers.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2007/12/randycouture.jpg

Deputy Nutz
02-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I have followed Lesnar since his days at the U of Minnesota. He was a monster in college wrestling. Bigger and stronger than any other heavyweight out there. If the UFC could have payed as much as the WWE back in 2000 then I think Lesnar would be a veteran in the UFC by now and most likely one of the baddest men on the planet in mixed martial arts. He has incredible athletic ability and strength.

At the same time, Mir is a former champion with really really good BJJ. I can see Lesnar out wrestling Mir and then eventually getting caught in an arm bar.

Deputy Nutz
02-02-2008, 11:21 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3965781683774791202

Lesnar verse Mir

Kiwon
02-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Can you believe it? Dang, I love that stuff.

Mir's giving away size, power, everything.......but technique.

Man, it goes to show you that even a smaller guy can take a bigger, stronger opponent if he keeps his head and knows what he's doing.

Wow, great match.

Lesnar will be champ one day but obviously he's still got some serious training to do.

Match was a little short but it was action-packed as long as it lasted.

Lesnar - Mir II. Let's get it on.

Deputy Nutz
02-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Can you believe it? Dang, I love that stuff.

Mir's giving away size, power, everything.......but technique.

Man, it goes to show you that even a smaller guy can take a bigger, stronger opponent if he keeps his head and knows what he's doing.

Wow, great match.

Lesnar will be champ one day but obviously he's still got some serious training to do.

Match was a little short but it action-packed as long as it lasted.

Lesnar - Mir II. Let's get it on.

I thought Mir was a really bad matchup for Lesnar. Mir has next to Nogueira has the best BJJ in the heavyweight division. He has sneaky good submissions.

Mir most likely gets the winner of the Nog v Sylvia fight.

Lesnar just needs more time in the gym working on his sub defense. He was slow in recognizing the leg lock. Mir swung his leg over and he needed to step away and just didn't even recognize. If Lesnar decides to stick with it he should be a force in the next year or two. He would match up well with Sylvia. Putting a guy like Mir on his back is not necessarily a good thing.

Brando19
02-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Lesnar dominated Mir, but experience overpowered pure strength. All it took was one second and Lesnar tapped. I hope Lesnar sticks with it because he could be one of the most dominant fighters in the world today. He just has a lot to learn.

Cheesehead Craig
02-03-2008, 01:50 PM
He went up against a former champ in his 2nd MMA fight. Lesnar has power, that's for sure. Just needs to train and fight more. It was a pretty tall order to ask him to fight Mir.

Brando19
02-03-2008, 04:41 PM
He went up against a former champ in his 2nd MMA fight. Lesnar has power, that's for sure. Just needs to train and fight more. It was a pretty tall order to ask him to fight Mir.

I thought it was his first fight.

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2008, 05:35 PM
he fought Min Soo Kim who was a bronze medalist in judo. It was on a K1-Hero card about a year ago.

Kiwon
02-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I was able to see a reply of the whole event on Korean TV.

Very entertaining.

The Tim Sylvia - Nogueira fight was good as well. How much more damage can the face of Nogueira take? He looks terrible when he's perfectly healthy. Great technician though.

The undercard was great as well. All in all, UFC 81 was a ringing success.

UFC signed Korean welterweight Dong Hyun Kim to a contract yesterday. K-1 and PRIDE are big here. I look forward to the former PRIDE guys getting folded into UFC. The more talent they have, the better the fights will be.

MMA is where the action is.