....says the Almighty Punxsutawney Phil

They say Phil is always right. :(

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/1998/02/02-03-98tdc/02-03-98d01-020.jpg

Phil Says Six More Weeks of Winter!

Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/08 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:

Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye!

On Gobbler's Knob on this fabolous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008
Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators,
Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.

After casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers,
Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:

"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"

twoseven
02-02-2008, 03:00 PM
..Sunrise at Gobbler's Knob.

Bretsky, do you have this one in your library?

We'll get 18 inches of snow in March. The only thing Phil could actually contribute that is relevant these days involves a skinning, some marinade, and my grill. :twisted:

packinpatland
02-02-2008, 05:21 PM

We'll get 18 inches of snow in March. The only thing Phil could actually contribute that is relevant these days involves a skinning, some marinade, and my grill. :twisted:

You eat roadkill??? :doh: ..................where's that little puking guy when I need him?

MJZiggy
02-02-2008, 05:24 PM
http://www.packerrats.com/images/puke.gif

twoseven
02-02-2008, 06:54 PM

You eat roadkill??? :doh: ..................where's that little puking guy when I need him?
Where in the hell do you live that groundhogs are getting hit by cars while crossing the road?

MJZiggy
02-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Just for the record, if I am that groundhog and some dumbass comes along and wakes me up 6 weeks before I need to get up, he's getting bit.

GrnBay007
02-05-2008, 09:00 PM
lil BRAT! We're getting 8+ inches of snow tonight.......already have 4 inches out there. :evil: I'm sick of it!!!

Partial
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
We're supposed to get 14+, but so far I'd say there is maybe 2. I haven't taken a ruler out to check, but from inside the comfort of my home it doesn't appear that there is that much on my driveway.

GrnBay007
02-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Lovely.......still coming down strong and now they are saying 12-18 inches by tomorrow at 3pm. We've already shoveled the driveway twice. :?

Scott Campbell
02-05-2008, 11:04 PM
We've had 452" so far this season...........keep it comin Phil!

GrnBay007
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
We've had 452" so far this season...........keep it comin Phil!

LOL you like to ski. :P

Partial
02-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Well, my keen eye estimates about 4" so far. Schools are cancelled for the most part as well. I want to see this beast drop 25" today.

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 07:46 AM
I am sure you don't mind how many inches we get, I bet you're not the one out there shoveling your poor mothers driveway.

Partial
02-06-2008, 08:24 AM
You're smoking crack. I do my driveway and my neighbors. And my Grandma's if my Dad cannot get over there. We have a snowblower so it isn't a big deal at all. Takes about an hour to do two houses. Are you and Skin the resident snow removers at your households?

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 08:26 AM
You're smoking crack. I do my driveway and my neighbors. And my Grandma's if my Dad cannot get over there. We have a snowblower so it isn't a big deal at all. Takes about an hour to do two houses. Are you and Skin the resident snow removers at your households?

No I make the 5 year old neighbor kid do it, I promise him some cash, but I never follow through.

Partial
02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
You have a 5 year old kid? Aren't you like 26?

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Honest to Christ himself, these snow truck drivers might be the dumbest sons of bitches. I live in a court and it is simply to difficult for them to wrap their head around it to figure out how to plow out a court. It would be nice if the other half of the court to could get out.

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 08:29 AM
You have a 5 year old kid? Aren't you like 26?

Learn how to read.

Partial
02-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Speaking of snow blowers, don't buy a craftsmen unless it is a two-stager that has a steel impeller. I cannot tell you how many times the impeller's cracked or the housing of the auger cracked on the cheaper two-stage SBers.

I highly recommend that you find a used Ariens one if you're in the market for them. They're expensive but they are constructed pretty well, even by the declining standards of today.

It's truly astonishing to me and somewhat sad that my 30 year old Snow blower works better and is constructed far better than the crap that is being sold for the big bucks today.

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
I like the Toro, but hey that is just me.

My Cousin cleans up snow for a living and he goes through snowblowers like a whore goes through trojans. The last few years haven't been that bad but he has had to replace two of them this year. And those fuckers aren't cheap. 500,00 bucks for a piece of crap..

SkinBasket
02-06-2008, 08:38 AM

Yeah, but I don't have no fancylad snowblower. Shoveling is good core exercise and I've never cracked my 10 dollar shovel or polluted the environment with all that gas and oil.

Partial
02-06-2008, 08:40 AM
One thing I will say is get the craftsmen shovel when getting a new shovel. They're twice the cost of a cheapo but they have lifetime warranties and are really nice compared to a cheapo shovel. This years model is made out of the same material as those unbreakable water bottles.

Partial
02-06-2008, 08:41 AM
That's what I'm saying. The stuff that is built today is POS. I would say 33% of our snowblowers that we sold were returned or had to be repaired within a year.

SkinBasket
02-06-2008, 08:52 AM
One thing I will say is get the craftsmen shovel when getting a new shovel. They're twice the cost of a cheapo but they have lifetime warranties and are really nice compared to a cheapo shovel. This years model is made out of the same material as those unbreakable water bottles.

What the fuck. I'm not slaying dragons with the fucking thing, I'm shoveling snow. If you need an unbreakable snow shovel, you're probably doing something wrong.

Zool
02-06-2008, 08:55 AM
http://www.wildfiretools.com/images/photo2.jpg

DIE DRAGON DIE

SkinBasket
02-06-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.wildfiretools.com/images/photo2.jpg

DIE DRAGON DIE

You obviously don't shovel your own snow. That's a dirt shovel, not a snow shovel.

Zool
02-06-2008, 08:59 AM
It was as close as I could get. If I had photoshop here, I was going to take the cover of the movie Dragonslayer and drop a snow shovel into his hand.

hurleyfan
02-06-2008, 09:17 AM

My Cousin cleans up snow for a living and he goes through snowblowers like a whore goes through trojans. The last few years haven't been that bad but he has had to replace two of them this year. And those fuckers aren't cheap. 500,00 bucks for a piece of crap..

I like my Toro also!

Nutz, your cousin is getting ripped off - 500,00 bucks for a piece of crap!!

GrnBay007
02-06-2008, 03:38 PM
12 inches of snow so far with 6 more expected. Took forever to get home from work....streets are horrible. :( this has been a longggg winter.

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
it refuses to stop snowing. I got cabin fewer up the butt.

the_idle_threat
02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
What what?

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 04:21 PM

I like my Toro also!

Nutz, your cousin is getting ripped off - 500,00 bucks for a piece of crap!!

ok 300.00

twoseven
02-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Thought you said they lasted a long time, how do you know what this year's model is like unless your previous one broke?

Scott Campbell
02-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I just bought a Honda. Holy crap, does that thing throw snow further than anything I've ever seen. All the ski hills use em.

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 10:06 PM
I just bought a Honda. Holy crap, does that thing throw snow further than anything I've ever seen. All the ski hills use em.

Honda makes a fine product.

Iron Mike
02-07-2008, 12:13 AM
http://www.whiteoutdoor.com/wcsstore/pics/WhiteOutdoor/31AE9M6G590_prod.jpg

Hells yeah!!! A snow thrower with power steering!

Partial
02-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Thought you said they lasted a long time, how do you know what this year's model is like unless your previous one broke?

I worked at Sears. I can tell you just about anything you need to know about Lawn and Garden supplies.

Partial
02-07-2008, 12:51 AM
The skid steering is super nice. Makes the snow blowers very wife friendly.

My 30+ year old Ariens got owned tonight. I waited too long to do the snow and it got all icy. I actually shoveled faster. I fell on my ass 3 times tonight pulling the snow blower back up the driveway.

GBRulz
02-07-2008, 01:07 AM
This winter has been one of the worst . If the sun it out, it means it's 40 below zero. Otherwise, it's snowing. Especially the last 3 weeks or so, it's been snowing / freezing rain every freaken day almost.

However, I come to BFE, Minnesota and they haven't had significant snowfall here since December. Snowmobile trails look bad. Yeah, I'm here for work for like a month. I've only been here three days and have seen enough ice shanty's to last me a lifetime.

On the bright side though, gas is cheaper here and they don't tax clothing, so I'm headed to the MOA of Sunday :lol:

twoseven
02-07-2008, 03:40 AM

I worked at Sears. I can tell you just about anything you need to know about Lawn and Garden supplies.
Yeah, I knew that, I just felt left out of this particular pile on partial sequence.

GrnBay007
02-13-2008, 11:29 PM
This winter has been one of the worst . If the sun it out, it means it's 40 below zero. Otherwise, it's snowing.

Same here. We've had 51 inches of snow so far....compared to only 16 inches last year. Chance of snow is high % for the next 3 out of 5 days. This has been a very longgggg winter...I'm sick of it!!!!

oregonpackfan
02-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks for your posts, folks. It helps me remember why I should not be moving back to my home state. Out here, I just may have to mow the lawn for the first time this season! :)

GBRulz
02-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for your posts, folks. It helps me remember why I should not be moving back to my home state. Out here, I just may have to mow the lawn for the first time this season! :)

You know where you can stick your umbrella, don't you? :twisted:

I come home every other weekend from MN (working there until mid March) and what a fine weekend I pick. GB is expecting a foot of snow to fall today, so far we've got about 7 inches. At least tomorrow is a paid holiday for us and I won't have to drive over to MN until Tues.

GrnBay007
02-17-2008, 06:36 PM

You know where you can stick your umbrella, don't you? :twisted:

I come home every other weekend from MN (working there until mid March) and what a fine weekend I pick. GB is expecting a foot of snow to fall today, so far we've got about 7 inches. At least tomorrow is a paid holiday for us and I won't have to drive over to MN until Tues.

I'm with you girl! We are getting another 6-8 inches today. The snow is bad enough but the last several snowfalls we've had have started out with freezing rain....and then get the snow dumped on ya. That makes it really horrible for shoveling and getting around.

Joemailman
02-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Well, if Punxsutawney Phil was right, only 4 weeks left. :wave:

GrnBay007
02-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Well, if Punxsutawney Phil was right, only 4 weeks left. :wave:

Oh sure! try to be the optimistic guy!! You know how much snow we can get in 4 weeks???? :?

GrnBay007
02-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Sweet Home Alabama is on right now. I love that movie. Jake is a hunk. :P

MJZiggy
02-17-2008, 09:24 PM
The little rodent lied. Within a couple days of his prediction, the Philly area had highs in the 60's. Now it's dipped back down since then and we've had an ice storm, but the temp is doing that rising and falling thing like it does in spring. You guys get spring just after we do, so I'm figuring by about next week, the snow should snow itself out and you should see a warm day or two, maybe get a little melting and localized flooding happening.

Harlan Huckleby
02-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Madison got screwed out of a blizzard. Fucking rain and sleet all day to mess everything up, then a few flakes, but no exciting piles of snow.

GrnBay007
02-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Saturday night/Sunday morning we had a bunch of freezing rain and then snow afterward. My backyard looked so pretty.....since I didn't have to go out in that mess. This pic doesn't really do it justice.

Even though it was pretty...I'm still SO sick of winter and ready for this to be over! We are at 60 inches total since Thanksgiving.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/snow.jpg

GrnBay007
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
MORE SNOW!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
6-8 inches before noon tomorrow.
We are close to breaking the record here of 75 inches. ...and just like the last snow we got, there was rain/sleet to start with so it's really hard to get around in. I'm so sick of it!!!

I was checking out jobs in Washington State the other day. Seems like a nice climate there.

GBRulz
02-25-2008, 11:02 PM
I was checking out jobs in Washington State the other day. Seems like a nice climate there.

My nephew lives outside of Seattle, I think last year they had rain like 45 days straight.

Then again, I think it's snowed here for 200 days in a row now.... well, ok it SEEMS that way :lol:

GrnBay007
02-26-2008, 12:07 AM

My nephew lives outside of Seattle, I think last year they had rain like 45 days straight.

Then again, I think it's snowed here for 200 days in a row now.... well, ok it SEEMS that way :lol:

Yes, it does seem that way. I think at least here it's because if it's not snowing, it's below zero temps. It's like there's no letting up this winter. 45 days of rain would definitely be depressing.........but I bet they don't have to warm up their cars 20 min. in advance just so they run ok. .....ugh...and all that time shoveling. I just keep telling myself it's almost March ....it has to be over soon. :D Thing is, we've had this horrible weather since Thanksgiving.....it wears on ya.

LL2
02-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Chicagoland got another 2-3 inches of snow! I'm so sick of winter and shoveling! I think I will just wait until it warms up to melt the snow.

GBRulz
02-26-2008, 07:15 AM
This is a pic of my backyard, note how high the snow is compared to a 4' tall fence. I even have to plow out part of my backyard for a "bathroom area" for Bretta !

It will be real interesting once this snow melts. Standing water and leftover dog poop...wonderful.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/snowbretta.jpg

packinpatland
02-26-2008, 07:34 AM

Back in our college days...before global warming was thought of...
Houghton, MI, home of Michigan Tech, had a record of 47 straight snow days. I have a picture of my husband and I standing in his room in front of the window...........solid snow........2nd floor.

Partial
02-26-2008, 08:14 AM

Back in our college days...before global warming was thought of...
Houghton, MI, home of Michigan Tech, had a record of 47 straight snow days. I have a picture of my husband and I standing in his room in front of the window...........solid snow........2nd floor.

Hilarious!

packinpatland
02-26-2008, 08:18 AM
MTU's Winter Carnival was, probably still is, a fantastic time. Picture all those engineering students building ice sculptures........
........darn, those were good times!

oregonpackfan
02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
MORE SNOW!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
6-8 inches before noon tomorrow.
We are close to breaking the record here of 75 inches. ...and just like the last snow we got, there was rain/sleet to start with so it's really hard to get around in. I'm so sick of it!!!

The rain out here in the Pacific Northwest is much different than the upper Midwest. It does not rain as hard. The rain is more like a mist that hangs in the air.

By the way, my snow shovel went completely untouched this winter! Today, we had sun and 60 degrees! Too bad you and GBR were not out here to soak up the sun.

Come to think of it, maybe it is good GBR is not out here. On one of her posts she threatened to do a proctoscopy of me with an umbrella! :lol:

MJZiggy
02-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Picture all those engineering students building ice sculptures........

Somehow I can see it.

packinpatland
02-27-2008, 07:39 PM
packinpatland wrote:
Picture all those engineering students building ice sculptures........

Somehow I can see it.

http://zigknit.com

....me having a good time, or the sculptures?? :lol:

By the way, in the early 70's the ratio of guys to girls at MTU was 12 to 1......it was a wonderful place to visit...... :wink:

MJZiggy
02-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Snow sculptures by engineering students.

oregonpackfan
02-27-2008, 09:24 PM

Did their pocket protectors fall out while they were making the sculptures? :)

packinpatland
02-27-2008, 10:07 PM

Did their pocket protectors fall out while they were making the sculptures? :)

The masking tape on their glasses froze too!