PDA

View Full Version : Pass on to Women you care about. :-)

GrnBay007
02-02-2008, 03:57 PM
The One Flaw In Women

By the time the Lord made woman,
He was into his sixth day of working overtime.
An angel appeared and said,
"Why are you spending so much time on this one?"
And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her?
She has to be completely washable, but not plastic,
have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable
and able to run on diet coke and leftovers,
have a lap that can hold four children at one time,
have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart
-and she will do everything
with only two hands."

The angel was astounded at the requirements.
"Only two hands!? No way!
And that's just on the standard model?
That's too much work for one day.
Wait until tomorrow to finish."

"But I won't, " the Lord protested.
"I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart.
She already heals herself when she is sick
AND can work 18 hour days."

The angel moved closer and touched the woman.
"But you have made her so soft, Lord."

"She is soft," the Lord agreed,
"but I have also made her tough.
You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."

"Will she be able to think?", asked the angel.

The Lord replied,
"Not only will she be able to think,
she will be able to reason and negotiate."

The angel then noticed something,
and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek.
"Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model.
I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak,"
the Lord corrected,
"that's a tear!"
"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.

The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy,
her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love,
her loneliness, her grief and her pride."
The angel was impressed.
"You are a genius, Lord.
You thought of everything!
Woman is truly amazing."

And she is!
Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens,
but they hold happiness,
love and joy.
They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy
and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer
when they believe there is a better solution.
They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel
and cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about
a birth or a wedding.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They grieve at the loss of a family member,
yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss
can heal a broken heart.
Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you
to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.
They bring joy, hope and love.
They have compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have vital things to say and everything to give

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE TINY FLAW IN WOMEN,

IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

packinpatland
02-02-2008, 04:19 PM
WOW!!!!!

.............can't believe we don't get paid more. :wink:

LL2
02-02-2008, 05:03 PM
WOW!!!!!

.............can't believe we don't get paid more. :wink:

I often tell her I married her for the money! She's a homemaker, and I know she's worth more than me.

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 05:04 PM

The Lord replied,

Everybody knows women can't reason, let alone negotiate :lol:

LL2
02-02-2008, 05:14 PM

The Lord replied,

You better watch your back. You might get whacked for saying that, or at least not get any.

Partial
02-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Done. Hopefully she enjoys her e-card.

MJZiggy
02-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Haven't you learned yet to stay far, far away from these types of threads? I wanna see you spend a week straight with a two-year old (no wife to help you) and then come back to me and talk about reasoning and negotiation skills. Good luck with that and I hope your wife enjoys her vacation. It's a little early in the season for the Bahamas, but tell her Mexican Riviera would be a nice place to duck off to...

packinpatland
02-02-2008, 05:19 PM

The Lord replied,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are TOO funny JH!!!!

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Haven't you learned yet to stay far, far away from these types of threads? I wanna see you spend a week straight with a two-year old (no wife to help you) and then come back to me and talk about reasoning and negotiation skills. Good luck with that and I hope your wife enjoys her vacation. It's a little early in the season for the Bahamas, but tell her Mexican Riviera would be a nice place to duck off to...

I have a 5 year old, and when he was 2, I lost my job and had to watch him for 2 months while I found a job (and eventually went back to school). I'm only 26, so do the math, I started way too early.

Anyway, on to the point of the matter, I enjoyed being home with him and while it had it's challenges, it's all about getting into a routine. Not only that, but my son went from an unruley little hellian to having a concept of boundaries and I never had to yell at him, hit him or punish him to do it. I just told him what I didn't like and gave him attn more often than just when I had to because he was acting up. Bottom line, it's not that bad.

For those women who work and are sole care giver for their childeren, well, I believe that is very hard. It's hard to let teh stress of work go and be as good to your childeren as you want to. When you are at home, in a routine, it's not bad at all.

As far as women not thinking, it was a joke :) :)

MJZiggy
02-02-2008, 11:12 PM
As far as women not thinking, it was a joke :) :)

I'm aware of that. But somebody's gotta give you hell for it... 8-)

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Mostly, I think women sit at home resenting that their spouse isn't giving 50% and because of that resentment, everything seems worse than it really is. Reality is, many jobs are very demanding and while the woman is dealing with an unruley two year old (partially because she didn't plan ahead enough to let him burn some energy before sitting their naturally energy packed toddler in a cart for 45 minutes), the guy is doing his best to contribute to the team in a way that is conducive of keeping his damn job and supporting his family. Spare me the melowdrama of how hard it is to raise childeren. I understand that it's a very important job, but try working your ass off for a person you don't give a shit about and then compare it to putting your love and energy into your own child. It doesn't even compare as far as rewards go.

And on top of that, women have been giving birth as long as man has existed as far as I know and for a long time they were the only source of a baby's food. There is good reason women tend to care for childeren and it's not because men are sexist, it's because nature sort of set it up that way and if women weren't so busy trying to be everythign a man is many of them would realize they have a pretty awsome life and job.

This is no way a jab at women, I just get a little tired of hearing the crying about raising kids. I understand skin fighting back when someone said he had a vacation of a life. That's not true, or fair, but if Skin was running around unprovoked crying abotu his life, I'd seriously consider him a whiny bitch.

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Oh yeah, good job moms. I just hate the way society judges moms and then moms feel like they have to prove something and the whole attitude just gets annoying as hell to me.

Being a mom is special. If you don't want to be a mom, good, go live it up, but I wouldn't want anything to do with a women who didn't want to be a mom or I didn't think would be a good one. Kids are everything. The level of shame in raising childeren is truely non existant. Money is cool and desired in this social world we live and working a good job = money so I'm sure some of that influences it, but damn, I hate the whole parenting sucks attitude. I have nothing wrong with women doing any damn job, but they do have a freaking uterus. Life is only as strong as our will to reproduce. You telling me all of these women lost the urge to give birth and be mothers? I highly doubt it. Our existance would suggest otherwise.

GrnBay007
02-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I understand that it's a very important job, but try working your ass off for a person you don't give a flying fuck about and then compare it to putting your love and energy into your own child. It doesn't even compare as far as rewards go.

??

Hope you aren't referring to paying child support.

MJZiggy
02-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I understand that it's a very important job, but try working your ass off for a person you don't give a flying fuck about and then compare it to putting your love and energy into your own child. It doesn't even compare as far as rewards go.

??

No, I took that one to mean that no woman who has ever given birth and stayed home to raise her kid has ever had a job working for some boob she didn't give a shit about. We never worked before we had kids.

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 11:34 PM

??

NO :) :)

I'm talking about a job and I don't pay child support, I just think it's a joke that the courts take 17% of a person who earns 5 mil because they had sex. The people having sex should have a little resonsiblity on their own end. It's entrapment in many cases.

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 11:44 PM
If I had to change the child support law, I'd change it to 85% of the average state income as a maximum. If an average family earns 50,000 then the child support recipient should get 45,000 or so maximum. If the recipiant wants to live a higher life style than that, they should have planned that out in advance and should have some personal responsibility to earn it.

People getting two and three thousand dollars per month, well the payer of the child support should have thought that through. There should be personal repsonsiblity on both ends.

Most circumstances are pretty fair. Tough because divorce seems like a real hell hole, but fair. It's the times where a person pays no support because the payer is such a loser and can't keep a job or the times where the payer is a millionaire. Both situations are not fair.

MJZiggy
02-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Are you drunk?

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Are you drunk?

007 is recalling a time when I bitched about Urlacher's child support. I had to reiterate my position on that.

MJZiggy
02-02-2008, 11:52 PM
So your position is that men should have to pay women 45K annually in child support?

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 11:54 PM
So your position is that men should have to pay women 45K annually in child support?

I edited it to say "maximum". That's what I meant but I punched my post out in usual hastily wastily fashion (and it depends on the state average)

RashanGary
02-02-2008, 11:55 PM
17% for one child seems fair. I don't know the rate after that. There should be a max though.

GrnBay007
02-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Wow, this thread transgressed into something I didn't expect...lol I wanted you guys to pass it on to those you care about.

Little history behind this posting...

My ex boss sent me this email. He and his wife are now retired in Florida and I have remained friends with them. For anyone that would know him, they would be shocked he sent this. He was a very tough boss and didn't take any shit. He did not come off as the sensitive type at all. When I was going through my divorce and he knew I was having a rough time, he called me in his office for a "talk". He knew my biggest fears were how the divorce would affect my kids. Said he knew I could take care of myself. Told me sometimes it's better to have a single parent then to have to have two living together not getting along. It touched me that he took the time and opened up enough to tell me that as he was kind of a grumpy guy.

It's kinda crazy in a good kind of way how things have gone....so far. I can honestly say I feel I have a better relationship with my kids and we are closer than we would be had I still been married. Maybe that's because my focus is only on them ....I don't know. Sometimes I wonder how I deserved to have such good kids...honor roll and athletic. They say you shouldn't try to be "friends" with your kids until they are adults. I think there is a fine line there....my kids talk to me about things I would never have talked to my parents about. The fact that they feel they can open up about their feelings makes me feel good. Communication/trust/openness is such a key to raising teens these days......we are approaching those years, Lord, I hope they continue to feel they can talk to me. That's not to say there isn't discipline. I'm such a weirdo in that I like to time how long it takes them to talk to me again after they are mad they are told "no" or are grounded or sent to their room. It doesn't take long....love it. :D

GrnBay007
02-03-2008, 12:17 AM
There should be personal repsonsiblity on both ends.

Agree completely.

I don't remember our argument on Urlacher. I'm sure I was right though..LOL :P