PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercials.

packinpatland
02-02-2008, 06:40 PM
My favorite has always been 'Mean Joe Green'

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2007/02/01/commercials.superbowl/index.html

Badgerinmaine
02-03-2008, 05:06 AM
Good choice. I saw when entering my My Coke Rewards codes this morning that Coke has its commercials online already.

denverYooper
02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
The commercials during this superbowl were pretty lame.

]{ilr]3
02-03-2008, 10:22 PM
The talking baby ones made me laugh. I dont recall what the hell they were about, but I laughed! :lol:

Scott Campbell
02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
They were pretty lame. For some reason I laughed at the big slobbering dog - just drinking water out of his bowl. I think it was for Gatorade.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
My top 2 of alltime, Joe Green with his jersey and the one from a few years back when returning soldiers come through the airport to a standing ovation. That last one always gives me chills, I really respect our vets and all they do and have done.

VegasPackFan
02-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Best one ever was the "Office Linebacker". I think it was for Reebok.

Jimx29
02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
the only one that had any potential was the one where the guy was running all over w/shaving cream looking for Ted Thompson. (don't even recall the product, so how good is it?)
He never found our TT and creamed him w/shaving cream so that one sucked like the rest :?

MJZiggy
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
It's not even a SB one, but I like the one they're playing now where the ref gets on the mike and says how they totally blew that call, it wasn't even close, but don't worry we'll make up for in the second half with some bogus penalties.

BallHawk
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
E-Trade's 2 baby ones were the best. The rest were pretty bad.

Jimx29
02-03-2008, 10:35 PM
It's not even a SB one, but I like the one they're playing now where the ref gets on the mike and says how they totally blew that call, it wasn't even close, but don't worry we'll make up for in the second half with some bogus penalties.Subway.

See??? I remember that one but not the shaving cream one :oops:

KYPack
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
What did the Pepsi one with Kevin Federline getting the shit knocked out of him mean?

Didn't get that one.

MJZiggy
02-03-2008, 10:38 PM
That wasn't Kevin Federline, it was Justin Timberlake and every time the girl sipped her drink she got closer to her rewards that would get her his music... :roll:

Badgerinmaine
02-04-2008, 07:15 AM
That one took me a while to figure out, too...didn't like it. I thought the Pepsi Max ad was just kind of creepy, and the UnderArmor ad looked like something a fascist government would create as a propaganda film. I loved both Underdog and Peanuts growing up, so I got a kick of the Coca-Cola ad with the Underdog and Stewie Griffin balloons fighting over the Coke with Charlie Brown winning for once in his life.

red
02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
they sucked this year

they're just trying way to hard these days

the pepsi ones were just horrible IMO, i honestly might stop drinking pepsi products because of them.

cpk1994
02-04-2008, 09:39 AM
The Bud Light ones were good as always. Especially the Will Farrell one.

denverYooper
02-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Best one ever was the "Office Linebacker". I think it was for Reebok.

Ha! Terry Tate, office linebacker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkiouh5NEI

RashanGary
02-04-2008, 10:01 AM
I liked the one where Tom Brady walked off the super bowl stage a loser that could only muster up 14 points against one of the greatest underdogs in SB history with the most potent offense in NFL history.

Oh wait. . . .

run pMc
02-04-2008, 10:52 AM
The Bridgestone commercial where, while driving down a dark, windy road the driver dodges (in order) a deer, Alice Cooper (in makeup, holding a snake), and then -- after some deliberation -- Richard Simmons doing jumping jacks.
Everyone watching was screaming "HIT HIM!" and laughing.

MadtownPacker
02-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah that tire commercial was great until the driver decided not to kill Richard Simmons. :lol:

denverYooper
02-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah that tire commercial was great until the driver decided not to kill Richard Simmons. :lol:

Yep. At the least, he should've been run over.

swede
02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
they sucked this year

they're just trying way to hard these days

the pepsi ones were just horrible IMO, i honestly might stop drinking pepsi products because of them.

Scout's honor, I haven't eaten a Snickers bar since last year's commercial in which two mechanics gnaw the bar from each end into a manly open-mouthed kiss.

They needed to be punished.

The talking baby commercials made me laugh.

The talking stain was pretty funny.

The two Bud Light commercials for breathing fire and flying were aight.

pbmax
02-04-2008, 12:52 PM
This quote might get some more run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ2yK5C9Ae4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWPjHAqrDb0

I liked the one where Tom Brady walked off the super bowl stage a loser that could only muster up 14 points against one of the greatest underdogs in SB history with the most potent offense in NFL history.

Oh wait. . . .

Cheesehead Craig
02-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Stewie and Underdog fighting over the coke with the lovable loser Charlie Brown finally winning one? That was great.