View Full Version : Official Superbowl thread

Pages : 1 [2]

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 09:36 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg
This pretty much says it all

b bulldog
Nick, you better read more books about football like you did thisd past summer so you can gain some more knowledge about the sport. A certain QB from the 49ers pretty much had done the same thing and is widely considered the best in the game.

Charles Woodson
In regards to Brett, all inhere slam any QB that is considered better than Brett and since Tom is already considered better, let's slam him.

Its because THATS WHAT FANS DO

cpk1994
Played like shit, he completed close to 60% of his passes, had 260 some yards, 1 TD and 0 pics, played like crap?? Do you have a clue about football.
In regards to Brett, all inhere slam any QB that is considered better than Brett and since Tom is already considered better, let's slam him.You are the one that slammed Brett first, so don't start that BS.

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Bulldog you asked for a an argument here. You took a shot at Favre just to get people riled up because Brady didn't play his best game. Just leave it alone.

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Brady looked great on that one drive where there was zero pressure. He mgiht be the best QB of all time in perfect conditions. Very much a product of his surroundings. I compare him to Aikman. Very good leaders and good players but neither have ever made a special play that you acctually remember.

In one phrase, "game manager"

b bulldog
Brady has his blemmish now. IMO, if you lose a SB, you'll never be considered a top 3 QB.

packinpatland
I'm not making this a Brett vs. Brady thing

Favre would be my favorite player of all time but I also like Brady

He clutched up at the end when he had to; certainly gets credit for that
Missed his share of passes for much of the game as well; he didn't put up a lot of points with a terrific offense. Like our last game versus the Giants there is plenty of blame to go around and the Pats OL is first in line

Brady had one good series the entire game....that last one......too bad it wasn't enough. Terrific he was not.

Eli is the man tonight.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 09:39 PM
yOUR STUPID, DID YOU SEE THE NUMBERS HE PUT UP THIS YEAR?? I think all the drugs you said you did out of HighSchool must have fried your brain.

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Nick, you better read more books about football like you did thisd past summer so you can gain some more knowledge about the sport. A certain QB from the 49ers pretty much had done the same thing and is widely considered the best in the game.

No, Montana was a veyr good athelte and was a playmaker. I'd compare Tom "the statue" Brady to Troy "the statue" Aikman. Nothing wrong with being a good game manager and a product of a great Oline.

Scott Campbell
Great game to cap a great season. Classic.

b bulldog
The Giants D was the thing tonight, Eli almost choked it away on those dropped pics by the Pats secondary. The Gmen on D were the real hero's for the Giants tonight. They totally dominated this game.

packinpatland
02-03-2008, 09:41 PM
yOUR STUPID, DID YOU SEE THE NUMBERS HE PUT UP THIS YEAR?? I think all the drugs you said you did out of HighSchool must have fried your brain.

You referring to me? I didn't even drink a beer till I got to college. :shock:

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Like I said, read more books and it is funny how Tom is already thought of as a top 5 QB :lol:

b bulldog
Pat, not you, Nick

Bretsky
I'm not making this a Brett vs. Brady thing

Favre would be my favorite player of all time but I also like Brady

He clutched up at the end when he had to; certainly gets credit for that
Missed his share of passes for much of the game as well; he didn't put up a lot of points with a terrific offense. Like our last game versus the Giants there is plenty of blame to go around and the Pats OL is first in line

Brady had one good series the entire game....that last one......too bad it wasn't enough. Terrific he was not.

Eli is the man tonight.

I would completely agree with that; although Brady did look good in the early drive they scored as well.

Why BB didn't take the 50yd field goal is the question I will always wonder about

Brando19
Played like shit, he completed close to 60% of his passes, had 260 some yards, 1 TD and 0 pics, played like crap?? Do you have a clue about football.
In regards to Brett, all inhere slam any QB that is considered better than Brett and since Tom is already considered better, let's slam him.

Dude...we're Packers fans in here...quit bashing Brett. You know emotional we all get over number 4. :P

Charles Woodson

packinpatland
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just can't stop............. :lol:

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Go listen to the youtube "shady brady" song. It tells the whole Patriot story.

packinpatland
02-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Like I said, read more books and it is funny how Tom is already thought of as a top 5 QB :lol:

.........read more books?????? :roll:

Bretsky
It's just hitting me that I'll have to hear from the dam 72 Dolphins for another decade now. :x

RashanGary
Like I said two or three years ago when Brady tossed the game losing INT against Denver. . .

He won 3 titles in his first 4 years. He's had a great team and a history of cheating now. Let's see how his career finishes.

Deputy Nutz
remember we are Packer fans, certainly not New York fans.

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
It's just hitting me that I'll have to hear from the dam 72 Dolphins for another decade now. :x

Good for the 72 Dolphins!!

This is a great day for the NFL

esoxx
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM

I admit that is one thing I can't stand, the '72 Dolphins should just shut up and go back to their shuffleboard games.

Harlan Huckleby
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Brady has his blemmish now. IMO, if you lose a SB, you'll never be considered a top 3 QB.

:roll: Brady didn't play that badly, he was not getting good protection.

If you want to talk about bad marks in playoffs .... well, lets not go there.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Nick is a hater and that is fine but to say a guy that had a 117 rating, 50 TD's and 8 pics in a season is overrated, how moronic is that?

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I became a New York fan over the course of the season. Losing that game to them just felt serine to me. They deserve everything they have. Great team. Their QB outplayed the #12 as well. Just overall, the Patriots were inferior that game.

Tom's eyes were pretty wide. He's not used to having to make plays other than dropping back like a statue and tossing to open WR's.

esoxx
02-03-2008, 09:48 PM
remember we are Packer fans, certainly not New York fans.

I'm celebrating the Patriots loss, not the Giants win.

Much like the halftime entertainment, petty, I know.

b bulldog
i DON'T THINK HE PLAYED BADLY BUT HE LOST THE BIG GAME AND I will stay being consistent here in that the truely great QB's don't do that.

Deputy Nutz
Nick is a hater and that is fine but to say a guy that had a 117 rating, 50 TD's and 8 pics in a season is overrated, how moronic is that?

Pretty Moronic

Harlan Huckleby
Is Favre a truly great QB?

packinpatland
02-03-2008, 09:49 PM

:roll: Brady didn't play that badly, he was not getting good protection.

If you want to talk about bad marks in playoffs .... well, lets not go there.

Tonight it's not about the Packers or Favre.

Tonight, the Giants defense tore Tom Terrific and his offense apart. ....how many sacks???

packinpatland
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Is Favre a truly great QB?

Yes.

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Let's not get into Favre here, HH. This is about Terrible Tom, the guy who won 3 titles in his first 4 years and was herralded the greatest big game QB ever.

Since then:

Loses to Denver with a pick in the division game
Loses to Indy in the AFC championship
Loses in the SB against a team nobody thought had a chance.

Great first four years. I'll give him that. Since then? Not so good.

Harlan Huckleby
02-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I think people over-react to a loss. this loss won't hurt Brady's reputation.

Marino, Favre, Unitis, Kelly, Tarkington lost Super Bowls.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh well, Eli should now be considered the best QB in the NFC and with that D, their youth and all of their capp room not to mention having Shockey back, they will be tough to deal with next year. I am very happy for Strahan, it looks as though he will retire a champion. he seems to be a great guy.

Scott Campbell
02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Sorry fellas, I'd hang this one on their OL - not on Brady.

cpk1994
02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Oh well, Eli should now be considered the best QB in the NFC and with that D, their youth and all of their capp room not to mention having Shockey back, they will be tough to deal with next year. I am very happy for Strahan, it looks as though he will retire a champion. he seems to be a great guy.I think Shockey coming back is a bad thing. The team played better without him and his selfish antics.

Harlan Huckleby
02-03-2008, 09:53 PM

Brady just completed the greatest (statistical) season by any QB in the history of the NFL!

He lost a close game in the Super Bowl, but that was a team loss.

RashanGary
Oh well, Eli should now be considered the best QB in the NFC and with that D, their youth and all of their capp room not to mention having Shockey back, they will be tough to deal with next year. I am very happy for Strahan, it looks as though he will retire a champion. he seems to be a great guy.

I'd take Eli right now over Brett. I like him a lot. Brett probably would have tossed 3 picks in that game.

motife
http://www.weei.com/

the callers are not very happy. one guy just had an F-bomb and wasn't cutoff.

Harlan Huckleby
02-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I'd take Eli right now over Brett. I like him a lot. Brett probably would have tossed 3 picks in that game.

Well, Favre has good and bad games, you never know. I'd take Eli just because Favre is nearing the end of his career.

Scott Campbell

I think the Packer offense would have scored more against the Pats. Though our D would probably have given up a lot more.

RashanGary
Brady just completed the greatest (statistical) season by any QB in the history of the NFL!

He lost a close game in the Super Bowl, but that was a team loss.

Nah, QB's are judged on winning the game. He failed.

Favre is the greatest statistical QB of all time but I think he's seriously flawed too.

Brady's a statue. Great player when he has all day. I'll give him that. Right guy at the right time, I'll give him that. Top 5? I can't say I've watched every QB play but I don't even think he's better than the guy we have and like I said, he's seriously flawed too.

packinpatland
02-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe if Brady could move alittle, instead of standing 'statue-like'. .........

Another subject.........why did BB leave the field before the game was over?
I missed that part..........had to take a phone call.

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 09:55 PM

Well, Favre has good and bad games, you never know. I'd take Eli just because Favre is nearing the end of his career.

Yeah, that's a big part of it but Brett's luster is wearing off on me. He's lost too many big games with stupid picks for me to turn the other way.

My only problem with Brady is that he's not the guy you build yoru team around. He's the guy that manages it.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 09:57 PM
The Giants are the best team in footbal;l right now, they have nothing else to prove. Their Dline is what I want the Packers line to get to and we are very far from that. Justin Tuck is 10 times the player 99 is. Pierce is probably my favorite LB in the NFC. He plays tough and nasty.

Scott Campbell

Yeah, that's a big part of it but Brett's luster is wearing off on me. He's lost too many big games with stupid picks for me to turn the other way.

My only problem with Brady is that he's not the guy you build yoru team around. He's the guy that manages it.

I think all 32 GM's in the league could build a team around Brady. He's the MVP, and a well deserving one at that.

b bulldog
What a stupid comment

Partial
02-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Wow, some gifts from above really helped out the G-Men!

How about that helmet catch and invading the sack by Manning. Wow! I was leaping all over the room in excitement!

Did Tuck play in the 3rd and 4th quarters? I didn't see too much of him and the pass rush did die down some.

What a game! That was incredibly entertaining! This Giants team is very, very good!

So long Perfect Pats! To anyone saying Tom played bad and is overrated you're crazy. He was getting drilled tonight!!!!!! Collins, to say losing in the divison round, the championship and the super bowl is not so good, you're out of your mind. I seem to recall Tom engineering a comeback drive to put his team ahead with very little time left. He gave his team the lead and a chance to win the game, what more can you expect?

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 09:58 PM
I'll say this about Brady

Let's see how many championships he wins after his first 4 years in paradise before we crown him.

So far

ZERO

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
The Giants may have had gifts but evry team throughout the year gets those gifts. The better team won tonight. The Giants are a worthy champion.

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Let's not get into Favre here, HH. This is about Terrible Tom, the guy who won 3 titles in his first 4 years and was herralded the greatest big game QB ever.

Since then:

Loses to Denver with a pick in the division game
Loses to Indy in the AFC championship
Loses in the SB against a team nobody thought had a chance.

Seriously? This is what you think? "Not so good"??? I refuse to do this but sense you got such a smart mouth go look at what Favre has done after he won the Super Bowl. Lost a Super Bowl, Lost an NFC Championship game at home no less, and then lost two wild card games at home, lost one wild card game on the road, and two divisional playoff games.

Bottom line Favre is a legend, the best of the best, Brady has consistently been one of the best QBs in the decade claiming 3 Super Bowls, leading his team to four Super Bowls. Even the best QBs lose big games, it shouldn't be the only evaluation of a QB. Montana lost the NFC Championship game at home in 1990, Elway lost 3 Super Bowls, Jim Kelly lost 4 in a row.

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
So long Perfect Pats! To anyone saying Tom played bad and is overrated you're crazy. He was getting drilled tonight!!!!!! Collins, to say losing in the divison round, the championship and the super bowl is not so good, you're out of your mind. I seem to recall Tom engineering a comeback drive to put his team ahead with very little time left. He gave his team the lead and a chance to win the game, what more can you expect?

Are you talking about that drive where the Giants D looked like they just travelled all day under the sun of the sahara? If that's the drive you're talking about, I don't remember one special play, just drop back, have all day, throw to wide open WR.

Good game manager. He doesn't screw up. Let's see how many championships he wins after his first 4 years in paradise though. I'll crown him if he can sustain the post season success after age 26

b bulldog
Nick, your opinion and mine also doesn't mean much. The masses in the know ,football wise, see it mush closer to me than you but they are all probably wrong also. :lol:

]{ilr]3
What a game! That was incredibly entertaining!

It was entertaining! For such a low scoring game I loved it. (mostly because of the outcome). I was on the edge of my seat all night and was leaping out of it several times in the 4th quarter.

Partial
02-03-2008, 10:02 PM

Let's see how many championships he wins after his first 4 years in paradise before we crown him.

So far

ZERO

Let's see how many quarterbacks ever do that?!? Favre? Nope. Elway got his at the end. What about Marino? How can you even begin to think this?

It's not like it was Montana and a CFL team out there you know.

RashanGary
Nick, your opinion and mine also doesn't mean much. The masses in the know ,football wise, see it mush closer to me than you but they are all probably wrong also. :lol:

Yeah, you're working in the confines of what you think is accpepted knowledge. Let's see Tom's final 12 years wrap up before we crown him on his first 4 years in paradise.

Deputy Nutz

Are you talking about that drive where the Giants D looked like they just travelled all day under the sun of the sahara? If that's the drive you're talking about, I don't remember one special play, just drop back, have all day, throw to wide open WR.

Good game manager. He doesn't screw up. Let's see how many championships he wins after his first 4 years in paradise though. I'll crown him if he can sustain the post season success after age 26

Again, making comments to get under the skin of another poster, but in reality you just make yourself look silly.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Funny, 3 titles is usually considered pretty well and leading a team from behind to get those three is also pretty good. He almost did it again tonight but his D let him down. This is not all on his D but in the end, they were up by 4 with 2 minutes left and they lost. The Pats lost and congrats to the Giants.

Scott Campbell
02-03-2008, 10:03 PM

Huh? So you completely discounting his first 3 Superbowls?

Partial
02-03-2008, 10:04 PM

Yeah, you're working in the confines of what you think is accpepted knowledge. Let's see Tom's final 12 years wrap up before we crown him on his first 4 years in paradise.

I think 4 super bowl appearance, 5 champioship games, and 6 divisional series trips is pretty damn impressive if he never wins another game.

BallHawk
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Brady did not play a bad game.

Brady did not win the game. However, he did not lose it. He didn't rise up to the occasion, but neither did their OL. The Patriots lost as a team.

The Giants rose up to the occasion. They won as a team.

esoxx
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Take it over to the Tom Brady manlove thread.

Scott Campbell
02-03-2008, 10:06 PM

I think 4 super bowl appearance, 5 champioship games, and 6 divisional series trips is pretty damn impressive if he never wins another game.

If he suffered a career ending injury in the preseason next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a first ballot HOF'er.

Bretsky

So far

ZERO

If it's just about winning the big one I'm confused as to who you would annoint ahead of Brady. Not many have won 3 big ones.

And it's hard to fault Brady much for the Colt loss when Reche Caldwell drops the TD pass that would have ended that game for Indy

RashanGary
Is Troy Aikman the greatest ever? He did very similar things in his career (take away the magical moss season that even made Culpepper look like the best ever).

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Guys, I like it better when everyone in here bashes me, it's more fun :lol:. I will say this though, I think brady did play pretty tight the last 4 reg season games and during the playoffs. His bad game was last week against the Chargers. He was lucky his team pulled that game out for him cause he played very poorly in that game.

Partial
02-03-2008, 10:09 PM

If he suffered a career ending injury in the preseason next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a first ballot HOF'er.

Well no shit :lol:

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Agree, lets stop with the Brady talk. I can no longer say he has never lost the big one and he lowered himself on my pedestal of QB's tonight. Time to move on, I said it :lol:

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I will say this about Troy Aikman, most of his teams were assembled before the effects of free agency, but he was a throw back QB like Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, he didn't make mistakes in big games, he was a very good game manager in the big games and never did anything that put his team in peril. Aikman was extremely accurate all over the field, he had good to great players surrounding him and he took advantage of that. So yes he was an excellent QB.

packinpatland
02-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Who got MVP? I lost the TV.

Bretsky
Is Troy Aikman the greatest ever? He did very similar things in his career (take away the magical moss season that even made Culpepper look like the best ever).

Aikman had a Hall of Fame RB, a hall of Fame WR, and some future Hall of Fame OL on that squad foe each title.

When did Aikman have near the statistical career of this year

Truth be told if you look at Aikman's annual numbers you won't see any outstanding statistical years, even with a loaded offensive unit every year

esoxx
Agree, lets stop with the Brady talk. I can no longer say he has never lost the big one and he lowered himself on my pedestal of QB's tonight. Time to move on, I said it :lol:

I agree. Time to peel off the Brady poster from the ceiling and move on. It's over.

esoxx
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM

Eli

Scott Campbell

Eli.

Deputy Nutz

Aikman had a Hall of Fame RB, a hall of Fame WR, and some future Hall of Fame OL on that squad foe each title.

Truth be told if you look at Aikman's annual numbers you won't see any outstanding statistical years, even with a loaded offensive unit every year

You can say the same about Starr.

Partial
A couple more things:

Does anyone think that the Kraft's are not going to be very happy that BB left the field before the loss was official? What a classless jerk!

Why wasn't Shockey on the sidelines with his team?

Did anyone else think Troy looked like a scrub and Joe Buck was dressed to impress?

Partial
02-03-2008, 10:13 PM

Eli.

Shoulda been helmet catch guy :lol:

Bretsky
02-03-2008, 10:14 PM

Very true

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2008, 10:14 PM
A couple more things:

Does anyone think that the Kraft's are not going to be very happy that BB left the field before the loss was official? What a classless jerk!

Did anyone else think Troy looked like a scrub and Joe Buck was dressed to impress?

You really cared what the announcers looked like?

Partial
02-03-2008, 10:16 PM
A couple more things:

You really cared what the announcers looked like?

Did you see how crooked his Tie was? I am very surprised Fox didn't have someone fix it. This is a huge event. Iron your damn tie!!!

Patler
02-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Brady did not win the game. However, he did not lose it. He didn't rise up to the occasion, but neither did their OL. The Patriots lost as a team.

He didn't rise to the occasion? I think he did. With the game on the line and his team behind, he drove them to the go ahead score with under 3 minutes to go. Couldn't ask for more than that, other than another 50 yards to a FG to tie it at the end, which he did not deliver.

]{ilr]3
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
A couple more things:

Can players on IR be on the field? I know injured players can, but IR seems to change the rules because of roster head counts or something.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
One of the best SB's that I can remember. The villian lost tonight and the good guys won. This game actually reminds me of the Pats first championship against the Rams and the greatest show on Turf.

BallHawk

He didn't rise to the occasion? I think he did. With the game on the line and his team behind, he drove them to the go ahead score with under 3 minutes to go. Couldn't ask for more than that, other than another 50 yards to a FG to tie it at the end, which he did not deliver.

I'm not blaming Brady for the loss. I think saying he played a bad game is unfair. He played the type of game that can lead a team to victory. Tonight, however, the Patriots needed more than what Brady put forth.

digitaldean
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/02/03/1202093926_9595.jpg

Gotta love this one.

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Good night all.

Who predicted the winner of this one again?

Nah really, Brady's a great QB. I don't like him so this is fun for me. He reminds me the most of Aikman but that's not an insult. This is just a great night and too fun. It's esspecially fun to see the big mouth, nutzo dead wrong like usual. I'll give it to you though, you still yap your mouth like you have it all figured out. Hey that's you, nobody can ever take that away :)

bulldog, I'm just bein a dick. YOu know I hate Brady. This is just my chance to rub it in. I came from a family of 6 kids. It's what we do.

RashanGary
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM

How about more than 14 pionts with one of the greatest offenses ever assembled? That would be the first think I'd ask for from my QB.

Anyway, I don't even think he sucked, I'm just having fun with it.

:) :)

Partial
02-03-2008, 10:26 PM
And yet you give no credit to the defense that took apart the three of the 4 best qbs in a season 3 weeks in a row. The week before they took apart pro bowler Jeff Garcia as well.

Joemailman
02-03-2008, 10:40 PM
To completely change the subject... my nephew at Valpo threw a Super Bowl Party. They watched a DVD of Super Bowl XXXI. :cow: Wish I'd thought of it!

Patler
02-03-2008, 10:42 PM

Do you mean the "Most Valuable Winning Quarterback Award"????

Patler
02-03-2008, 10:52 PM

Very true

Huh??? Starr lead the league in passing in 1962, 1964 and 1966. Only Baugh and Young with 6, and Dawson, Staubach and Anderson with 4 have lead the league in passing more times than Starr did.

Carolina_Packer
02-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Congrats to the Giants! They deserved the win by finding a way to get to Brady and by Eli once again being efficient and timely in his success. Their win takes the sting off the NFC Championship game a bit more. It's like they were a team of destiny. I noticed them doing a lot of the same things they did against the Packers again tonight, which proved to be the winning formula. With the Patriots doing what the Packers did and getting away from the run game, it made Brady and their offense more one dimensional and made Brady a sitting duck at times.

I'm happy with the outcome. We lost to the eventual Super Bowl champions in a close game (score-wise anyway). It was a single possession game, just like tonight. I'm glad that the cheaters didn't get their perfect season. I thought that they deserved to have the first game be a forfeit anyway. It would have been a much better punishment for them. I hope that the truth comes out this off-season about whatever they might have done in the past and that the NFL and Goodell have to answer for destroying the evidence so quickly.

MJZiggy
02-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Is the paint done dry on the field yet?

Or the water done boiling for the heat packs?

Glad I've had chores to do during this game. As many predicted - the Pats would keep it close for the sponsors and blow the doors off this thing in the 2nd half. I see one or two scores for the Giants and 3 or 4 for the Pats.

Off to clean the fishbowl, pick up some new goldfish, get the dry cleaning, cut my hair and finish wedding planning.

Enjoy the rest of the game Rats.

Wonder if you regret that decision...Wait. Cut your hair? You cut your own?

Bretsky
02-03-2008, 11:14 PM

Very true

Huh??? Starr lead the league in passing in 1962, 1964 and 1966. Only Baugh and Young with 6, and Dawson, Staubach and Anderson with 4 have lead the league in passing more times than Starr did.

I believe he was referring to the Hall of Fame talent at key positions around him

MJZiggy
02-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm a Brady fan so bring it on but if your a Favre fan, watch what you say. Brady didn't make the deadly mistake, did he??

I'm a Packer fan, not an indvidual player fan. That's gay.

Not so much if I do it... :P

Patler
02-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I thought all, including the reference to Starr, were referring to:

Sorry if I had it wrong! :oops: :oops:

HarveyWallbangers
02-03-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm a Brady fan so bring it on but if your a Favre fan, watch what you say. Brady didn't make the deadly mistake, did he??

Brady was not good tonight. Two scoring drives. On the one drive, he made a bad throw that should have gotten picked off, but the LB made a bad play. On the second one, the corner fell down. I could have completed that throw. Of course, that's what happens when a defense plays well and harrasses the QB and stops the run. That's rarely happened to Brady this year (or in the Pats Super Bowl runs). He's now played average or worse in 5 of his last 7 playoff games. The Pats lost 3 of those games, but managed to win 2 of those games (both Chargers games) despite his poor play.

Pacopete4
02-04-2008, 04:02 AM
we all bitched at favre for the game he played against the giants... who's game would u choose now?... Romo? Brady? Favre?.. shits sick when a 38 year old that had less talent around him basically douches on dudes that are supposed to be in their prime.. ahahaha

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 06:45 AM
If Brett didn't throw the pic we may have won that game.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Brady wasn't good but as posted he wasn't bad. He wasn't good enough though to get it done. He had better numbers than ELi but he lost and thatr what is important.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 06:53 AM
92,76 AND 96 ARE HIS RATINGS FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS IN THE PLAYOFFS, SORRY IF i DODN'T THINK THAT IS BAD. The 2 games against the Chargers have been his bad games, no doubt there. I have a feeling it will be a while before he gets back into this game again.

RashanGary
02-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Anyone notice the officiating was fantastic last night? Barely noticed them. Rarely if ever did you see guys outwardly complaining because of a non call or a call.

Both teams are sound when it comes to penalties (that's part of it), but at the same time, the refs weren't making ghost calls or one sided calls either.

The only call I questionioned was the delay of game on Eli where the clock just hit zero barely and they blew the whistle. He's supposed to have 99/100 of a second after the clock hit's zero. He had maybe 1/10 or 2/10. It was premature but that probably happens from time to time. It wasn't blatant and it was a rarity in that game.

The Leaper
02-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Brady wasn't good but as posted he wasn't bad.

He was pretty bad. He was inaccurate and indecisive. When you have Moss and Welker to throw to, you better do a hell of a lot better than Brady did last night.

His last 3 playoff games have been real turds, IMO.

Carolina_Packer
02-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Brady wasn't good but as posted he wasn't bad.

He was pretty bad. He was inaccurate and indecisive. When you have Moss and Welker to throw to, you better do a hell of a lot better than Brady did last night.

His last 3 playoff games have been real turds, IMO.

I think Brady faced so much pressure, the footsteps were in his head at times. You gotta give the Giants a lot of credit for what they did defensively, and the Patriot defense could have held on that last Giant drive, but for the most part held down the Giants. The Giants just hung in there and were able to come up with the plays when they were needed, like the NFC Championship game.

Deputy Nutz
02-04-2008, 09:21 AM

Very true

Big deal that he lead the league in passing that wasn't really my point, his team had talent all the way around with a half a dozen if not more hall of fame players on it. Today, looking back at Starr's passing stats, you are not blown away by his numbers. The Packers of his generation had so many options on offense not to mention a very good defense, he didn't have to go out and single handedly win football games, similar to Aikman. When Starr's teams needed a play from him he usually made it, same with Aikman.

fan4life
02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
This game proved, once again, that winning in the playoffs takes more than a great QB. Eli made the plays he had to, with tremendous efforts from his receivers, who were as tough and tenacious as the rest of the team; his O-line, that picked up the Pats' blitzes on the final drive; and his RBs, who kept drives alive in the 4th qtr by getting tough 1 and 2 yd gains for 1st downs.

Brady was under pressure all night, but got the ball to his mates Welker, Moss and Faulk on a 4th qtr scoring drive to give his team the lead. But the Pats' defense couldn't hold the Giants hard hitting, aggressive offense that wouldn't quit. When Brady got the ball back with enough time to get within FG range, the Giants' defense hit Brady and blanketed Moss, to preserve the win.

Much like they played GB, the G-men played a tough, physical game; they didn't worry about 'not making mistakes' - they just kept hitting on defense and firing away on offense. Their offense made enough plays to score when they had to; their defense held when they had to.

This game wasn't Eli vs Terrific Tom. It was the Giants vs the Pats.

The G-Men deserved this win, just like they deserved the win over the Packers. The game is a perfect example of why, especially in the playoffs, the QB doesn't deserve all the of credit or all of the blame for the outcome of a game. At the highest levels of football, it is simply too hard for one man to dominate the play for 60 minutes.

Patler
02-04-2008, 10:07 AM

Very true

Big deal that he lead the league in passing that wasn't really my point, his team had talent all the way around with a half a dozen if not more hall of fame players on it. Today, looking back at Starr's passing stats, you are not blown away by his numbers. The Packers of his generation had so many options on offense not to mention a very good defense, he didn't have to go out and single handedly win football games, similar to Aikman. When Starr's teams needed a play from him he usually made it, same with Aikman.

I already apologized once when Bretsky pointed out my error in understanding your meaning. I guess now I have two apologize directly to you, too.

However, since you want to keep beating this horse, having watched the Packers of the '60s I assure you that you are wrong about Starr's importance to the team. In the early '60s he was more of a cog in the wheel, and was simply asked not to make mistakes. However, during the Championship years of '65, '66 and '67 Starr is the player who made the offense go, especially '67. The team was actually in decline during those three season. Taylor and Hornung got old and left. Their replacements Anderson Grabowski, Wilson, Mercein, etc. were not as good. The offensive line was aging, and injured. The team relied on Starr more and more each season from the mid '60s on to make the offense go.

In the early '60s, there were plenty of articles about "anyone" being able to QB the Packers. That changed dramatically as the decade wore on, until Starr was recognized as a truly great leader. He earned his spot in the HOF in those later seasons, not the early ones.

In the early '60s, when a play was needed. it was often Taylor or Hornung who made it. During the three-peat, when a play was needed on offense, more often than not, it was Starr who made it.

Deputy Nutz
02-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I already apologized once when Bretsky pointed out my error in understanding your meaning. I guess now I have two apologize directly to you, too.

However, since you want to keep beating this horse, having watched the Packers of the '60s I assure you that you are wrong about Starr's importance to the team. In the early '60s he was more of a cog in the wheel, and was simply asked not to make mistakes. However, during the Championship years of '65, '66 and '67 Starr is the player who made the offense go, especially '67. The team was actually in decline during those three season. Taylor and Hornung got old and left. Their replacements Anderson Grabowski, Wilson, Mercein, etc. were not as good. The offensive line was aging, and injured. The team relied on Starr more and more each season from the mid '60s on to make the offense go.

In the early '60s, there were plenty of articles about "anyone" being able to QB the Packers. That changed dramatically as the decade wore on, until Starr was recognized as a truly great leader. He earned his spot in the HOF in those later seasons, not the early ones.

In the early '60s, when a play was needed. it was often Taylor or Hornung who made it. During the three-peat, when a play was needed on offense, more often than not, it was Starr who made it.

My bad, I didn't scroll the thread before I responded. Anyways, Super II season was one that relied heavily on Starr and his arm. I did know that, I also recognize that Starr is one of the most underrated quarterbacks of all time. His play calling was fantastic even when folks thought you could stick anyone in there. Many people forget that QBs back in the day called there own plays and Starr was a master at it.