PDA

View Full Version : The "official" trash Brett and love Brady thread

Jimx29
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
here ya go bulldog......have your own thread and let the thread about the SUPERBOWL alone. :roll:

Brando19
02-03-2008, 09:51 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Where is the, "I love New York Giants" Thread? Where is the, "Forever Love the Giants" thread? I mean come on lets fall in love all over again with the team that crashed our party and wrecked our dreams?

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 09:53 PM
I was onl;y answering the trash Brady crap, sorry

OKC PackerFan
02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
It would be hard for any QB to play well against a Defense on fire like the Giants, just ask Favre. Brady didn't play well enough to win, period. Giants are the NFL's best Defense right now, should have been voted MVP.

Scott Campbell
02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
I agree. Their D was the MVP.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Agree 100%

twoseven
02-04-2008, 04:17 AM
I have to go with Eli because of his Elway-esque performance on the last two drives. To me Eli Manning earned every bit of the MVP by saving things when the NYG defense finally seemed to wear down. Great 12 minutes by Manning, especially when he miraculously avoided what I think would have been the game sealing sack, how the hell did he escape, only to (get lucky a bit) heaving it to midfield into triple coverage where Tyree makes the catch of the game. Eli worked the Pats defense like a champ on the final drive, moved them 90 yards in barely 2 minutes when many thought the game was all but over after Moss' TD and a great special teams tackle on the 10 yard line. Eli's last two drives of the game were phenomenal, MVP for sure.

For a majority of the game the NYG defense was the MVP, 3 1/2 quarters IMO. But, with the lead and the game on the line, under 7 minutes to play, the NYG defense was methodically pushed backwards about 80 yards (I think) for the potential game winning TD and only 2 1/2 minutes on the clock. Still, one of the best if not THE best defenses performances I have ever seen in my life. UNBELIEVABLE, against the best offense in history (maybe).

BF4MVP
02-04-2008, 11:24 AM
I agree. Their D was the MVP.
Agreed. The fact that the Giants beat the "unbeatable" Patriots makes me think that the Packers would have had a shot if they would have taken care of business. However, over the past few weeks I've seen that the Giants D has shown that right now they are better than the Packers' D, and I don't know if the Packers' "bend, but don't break" defense would have been able to shut down the Patriots' offense like the Giants did. The Giants' D was outstanding last night.

Patler
02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I have to go with Eli because of his Elway-esque performance on the last two drives. To me Eli Manning earned every bit of the MVP by saving things when the NYG defense finally seemed to wear down. Great 12 minutes by Manning, especially when he miraculously avoided what I think would have been the game sealing sack, how the hell did he escape, only to (get lucky a bit) heaving it to midfield into triple coverage where Tyree makes the catch of the game. Eli worked the Pats defense like a champ on the final drive, moved them 90 yards in barely 2 minutes when many thought the game was all but over after Moss' TD and a great special teams tackle on the 10 yard line. Eli's last two drives of the game were phenomenal, MVP for sure.

For a majority of the game the NYG defense was the MVP, 3 1/2 quarters IMO. But, with the lead and the game on the line, under 7 minutes to play, the NYG defense was methodically pushed backwards about 80 yards (I think) for the potential game winning TD and only 2 1/2 minutes on the clock. Still, one of the best if not THE best defenses performances I have ever seen in my life. UNBELIEVABLE, against the best offense in history (maybe).

Don't overlook the defenses outstanding performance when the Patriots got the ball back with 30+ seconds remaining, all three timeouts and only needing a FG to tie. They absolutely snuffed out any hope the Patriots had.

The Leaper
02-04-2008, 12:10 PM

I agree.

If Manning had not pulled the Tyree toss out of his ass, and made good plays on several other throws on that drive, the NYG defense would've given up a game-winning drive.

Manning earned the MVP with 2 4th quarter TD drives in a game with only 3 TD scores.

pbmax
02-04-2008, 12:38 PM
That was a gassed defense that needs to have its speed. Only time all night the Patriot offense looked in sync.

I think the D Line and Kawika Mitchell should have gotten it. Or the man who catches the ball with his helmet. I loved that play. That is what that drive should be called: Helmet Catch.

Which reminds me, two things we should bring back. Stickum and tear-away jerseys.

I agree.

If Manning had not pulled the Tyree toss out of his ass, and made good plays on several other throws on that drive, the NYG defense would've given up a game-winning drive.

Manning earned the MVP with 2 4th quarter TD drives in a game with only 3 TD scores.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-04-2008, 12:44 PM
The MVP was clearly Goodell. Without the memo, Pats win.

Harlan Huckleby
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM

Agreed. Bellichek is a victim of envy. He's being crucified just like Jesus - happens to all the greats.

twoseven
02-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Don't overlook the defenses outstanding performance when the Patriots got the ball back with 30+ seconds remaining, all three timeouts and only needing a FG to tie. They absolutely snuffed out any hope the Patriots had.
Sure was a good thing the Pats didn't waste time going for a 50 yard FG when it was 4th and 13, eh?

Yep, that rookie DT launched Brady about ten feet onto his ass it seemed on the last drive attempt.

I still cannot believe how Eli has manned up the last three weeks. This was the guy that was up and down all year long. But on the biggest stage when it all came down to a few plays he was cool as Joe Namath. Getting it done with big brother watching was sweet too, everyone can relate to the sibling pulling for the brother, pretty cool.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-04-2008, 01:10 PM

Agreed. Bellichek is a victim of envy. He's being crucified just like Jesus - happens to all the greats.

HH, we are on opposite sides on this one. I'm firmly on the "he cheats" side.

Even his former players say that the Pats pushed it further than other teams.

"Another former Patriots quarterback, who spoke to ESPN.com on condition of anonymity, says that New England pushes the envelope further than most teams and that the Patriots were doing so long before they were caught in September."

denverYooper
02-04-2008, 01:27 PM

"Another former Patriots quarterback, who spoke to ESPN.com on condition of anonymity, says that New England pushes the envelope further than most teams and that the Patriots were doing so long before they were caught in September."

Heh, I wonder if that former quarterback was Bledsoe.

Charles Woodson
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Heh, I wonder if that former quarterback was Bledsoe.

i was thinking the same thing that it was ether bledsoe or flutie

packinpatland
02-04-2008, 01:42 PM

Can't believe I'm saying this..........but does that mean 'He will rise again'? :roll:

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Justin Tuck is friggin amazing. Heard on a radio show today that the Pack doesn't think that 99 is worth anything near either of the tags and they will be wavibg good bye to him once UFA begins.

woodbuck27
02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
It would be hard for any QB to play well against a Defense on fire like the Giants, just ask Favre. Brady didn't play well enough to win, period. Giants are the NFL's best Defense right now, should have been voted MVP.

The Giants 'D' is just too good. Especialy the Linebackers . . . forward.

Anyone see DE Justin Tuck fr. Notre Dame (That schools then, ALL TIME Sack record setter ( I believe ) as I did when TT was selecting some unknown named Nick (who??) Collins. Whaaaaatt!!

Ahhhh Nick Collins or Justin Tuck?

Way to go Ted. It's stuff like. That forced me as a Packer fan ( made me decide ) to really examine Ted Thompson closely as a GM. So I'm a critic of TT. That's too easy to avoid.

Who here today wouldn't trade Collins for Tuck straight up? There will be a lot of fans here avoid that question or error in advising that Ted had that one right. I could go on and on on the bonehead stuff I've seen fr. him to date, but I certainly believe he'll learn and grow into the job as GM we really deserve. Also I have to respect those here that LOVE Teddy. Geeeshhhh! :)

Maybe there won't be a more opportune season, then the 2008 one to get it right Ted? Isn't it time to go for it Ted Thompson?

Win it all for the PACKER FANS?!

twoseven
02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Justin Tuck is friggin amazing. Heard on a radio show today that the Pack doesn't think that 99 is worth anything near either of the tags and they will be wavibg good bye to him once UFA begins.
Since someone will undoubtedly be signing him, why are we not at least applying the transitional tag? What does that end up costing us if he stays, what does it cost us/what do we get if he goes?

Zool
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Since someone will undoubtedly be signing him, why are we not at least applying the transitional tag? What does that end up costing us if he stays, what does it cost us/what do we get if he goes?

The franchise tag will probably not be used, but I would bet the tender him. There's no reason not to at least low tender him and get a 5th(?) if someone signs him.

Scott Campbell
02-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Anyone see DE Justin Tuck fr. Notre Dame (That schools then, ALL TIME Sack record setter ( I believe ) as I did when TT was selecting some unknown named Nick (who??) Collins. Whaaaaatt!!

Way to go Ted. It's stuff like.

Just complete and utter stupidity fueled by your unholy hatred of Ted.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
[quote=OKC PackerFan].

Way to go Ted. It's stuff like. That forced me as a Packer fan ( made me decide ) to really examine Ted Thompson closely as a GM. So I'm a critic of TT. That's too easy to avoid.

Woody, shut the fuck up.

Tuck was not the All time sack leader. He was the single season sack leader. He was a TWO YEAR STARTER. And, he was injured for most of his junior year (redshirt) when he came out.

Hindsight is 20/20. Not to mention that you would have been screaming that picking Tuck in the second round was a REACH...as EVERY FUCKING TEAM DIDN'T pick him either.

He went in the third round. We didn't have a 3rd.

And, i would have loved to hear you scream about him his rookie year when he made 1 sack and 31 tackles. Or last year when he PLAYED 6 GAMES with 10 tackles because he was injured. It woulda been, "TT knew he was injury prone, why did he draft him."

Care to guess how many other GMs missed on players?

How about: Cedric Benson, Troy Williamson, Mike williams, David Pollack, Matt Jones, Roddy White, JJ Arrington, Eric Shelton, Charlie Frye, Andrew Walter, Vernand Morency, etc. just to name a few.

Guess TT is a GENIUS for not picking them, correct?

Isn't it time for you and the rest of your senior friends to board the ship with the Antereans and return the cocoons?

Freak Out
02-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Could Woody be Wilford Brimley?