PDA

View Full Version : The Unhappiest Giant

Scott Campbell
02-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Tiki Barber.

Maybe he could give Brett some advice about hanging em up too early.

]{ilr]3
02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Tiki Barber.

Shockey has to be the saddest bastard on that team. They really didnt start winning games until he went down.

Makes you wonder what will happen with him in the offseason. He is not the type of person to change his ways.

Brando19
02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!!!! I hope Brett reads this thread! :D

Scott Campbell
02-03-2008, 09:53 PM
{ilr]3]
Tiki Barber.

Shockey has to be the saddest bastard on that team. They really didnt start winning games until he went down.

Makes you wonder what will happen with him in the offseason. He is not the type of person to change his ways.

True, but Shockey at least gets a ring and a playoff share.

]{ilr]3
02-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Tiki Barber.

Maybe Shockey should give Javon Walker, Chad Johnson & Terril Owens a call about being a cancer on a team with a me first attitude to. Look what they can do with out an asshole on the team who just wants the ball for thier glory!

Brandon494
02-03-2008, 10:09 PM
{ilr]3]
Tiki Barber.

Remind me again how Shockey going down sparked the Giants defense? :?:

Scott Campbell
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
{ilr]3]
Tiki Barber.

I think Eli's play did seem to improve after Shockey went down.

]{ilr]3
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
{ilr]3]
Tiki Barber.

The defense was a sack monster before shockey went down. Eli seemed to have more confidence and definantly less turn overs and he got sacked less after.

Everyone on the offense got better after he was gone. Seems to me he is a posion pill. But I should say that I really dont know or care that much to actually look up the stats. :wink:

Carolina_Packer
02-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Conversely, then, the happiest would have to be Strayhan, since he decided to come back for one more year (at least).

lod01
02-04-2008, 10:59 AM

It's easier to complete the pass when you know the WR or TE in this case is going to run the route you called. Shockey = over-rated.

btw. Eli looked Favreish on that tyree completion. From spinning out of the grasp twice to heaving a pass into heavy coverage and the only spot it could be completed.

denverYooper
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM

It's easier to complete the pass when you know the WR or TE in this case is going to run the route you called. Shockey = over-rated.

btw. Eli looked Favreish on that tyree completion. From spinning out of the grasp twice to heaving a pass into heavy coverage and the only spot it could be completed.

He looked Favre-ish more than once that game. He made some chancey throws before that one.

denverYooper
02-04-2008, 11:28 AM
When the camera showed Shockey up in his box after Boss's big reception, it looked like he had 3 drinks in front of him. I figured he was getting hammered because he knew he had become exposed for being overrated.

"Experts" always talk about the intangible things that a player does that make them a great player. Maybe they should start talking about those intangible things that make them a crappy player.

And why was Shockey up in the box anyway, and not down on the sidelines?

swede
02-04-2008, 11:34 AM
And why was Shockey up in the box anyway, and not down on the sidelines?

You can't drink on the field.

If you could, Max McGee never would have retired.

MadtownPacker
02-04-2008, 11:49 AM
When the camera showed Shockey up in his box after Boss's big reception, it looked like he had 3 drinks in front of him. I figured he was getting hammered because he knew he had become exposed for being overrated.He is a piece of crap and doesnt deserve the ring if he didnt want to be down there with his supposed team mates. Him and tiki deserve missing out on the big game.