PDA

View Full Version : Retirements?

Patler
02-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Could be a few of them after this game, mostly Patriots.

The Patriots 4 linebackers will be a combined 138 years old at the start of next season (Seau 39, Bruschi 35, Vrabel 33, Thomas 31). LBer Rosevelt Colvin on IR will be 31. Troy Brown will be 37, Kyle Brady 36, Rodney Harrison 35. Kevin Falk will be 32, Randy Moss will be 31, and may not even be in NE next year. The Patriots could be a very different team next year.

The Giants are actually fairly young. Feagles should be eligible for Social Security, or close to it, but he is a punter, so why retire? Strahan wanted to retire before this season, and probably will now. Sam Madison will be 34, as will Amani Toomer, so both are nearing the end. Otherwise, the Giants could be a strong team for quite a while, especially since they seem to have their QB.

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Seau and Bruschi need to hang it up. They are old and are now liabilities.

Scott Campbell
02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
I know many of you would like Joe Buck to hang em up.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Harrison also needs to go. He is limited to basicly playing as a LB. I thought merriweather would have been a better player, I guess he is terrible.

digitaldean
02-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I know many of you would like Joe Buck to hang em up.

Aikman pulled a few gaffes toward the end to. On the 4th and 1 play with under 2 mins. left he talks about it being a tough decision to go for it. I think ol' Troy must be suffering a little from those hits he took....

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Harrison also needs to go. He is limited to basicly playing as a LB. I thought merriweather would have been a better player, I guess he is terrible.

Merriweather is a rookie, and he isn't the sharpest tac of the bunch, but I think he can step in for Harrison without much change.

b bulldog
02-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I laughed aloud when he said that. Dah!