PDA

View Full Version : Former Oregon Duck voted into NFL Hall of Fame

oregonpackfan
02-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Former Oregon Duck offensive lineman Gary Zimmerman was voted into the NFL Hall of Fame this week. He is probably the best 0-lineman ever to come out of this state.

He played left tackle for the Vikings for seven years and five years for the Denver Broncos.

Zimmerman was always a humble guy. He now lives in central Oregon(Bend) where he manages a tree farm and researches ways to cure diseased trees.

Bend is the same city where former Packer kicker Ryan Longwell was born and raised. Former quarterback Dan Fouts lives in nearby Sisters, Oregon.

Here is the article about Gary Zimmerman:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1202019911286360.xml&coll=7

Joemailman
02-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Don't you mean Zimmerman?

oregonpackfan
02-03-2008, 11:28 PM
I don't know what is happening to Gary's last name. It is Zimmerman. The article keeps listing it as "norton." Even if I try to edit it to "Zimmerman" the post lists it as Norton.

Madtown, help me out here, please! :oops:

Joemailman
02-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Very weird. How does the last name get changed?

KYPack
02-04-2008, 07:41 AM
It's more Mad madness.

He hates a certain SI columnist whose name is something like Paul Zimmmermann.

So whenever that name appears on here, there is an edit so it appears as "Norton".

Goofy?

Yes, but 100% Mad.

MJZiggy
02-04-2008, 08:26 AM
And here I thought you just had a nervous tic when typing the letter "m." That is funny. :D

oregonpackfan
02-04-2008, 09:03 PM
It's more Mad madness.

So whenever that name appears on here, there is an edit so it appears as "Norton".

Goofy?

Yes, but 100% Mad.

Hey, give Mad credit for changing the name to the right name.

Is this why Bob Zimmerman changed his name to "Bob Dylan?" Maybe he knew that people like Madtown would not tolerate the name Zimmerman! :)

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Very good tackle and he was one of the big reasons why the Broncos beat us in the SB. He abused our De's.

MadtownPacker
02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
It's more Mad madness.

Goofy?

Yes, but 100% Mad.Sounds like there is too much cholestrol in your chicken. Eat some veggies. :lol: