PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps NFC will get some respect

oregonpackfan
02-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Now that the NFC Giants beat the Patriots, the NFC can get some respect. For the past half dozen years, we have been constantly hearing the AFC is far superior than the NFC.

The Packers held up this year against AFC teams. They beat the entire AFC-West.

Does anyone know the W-L record this season of interconference games between the AFC and NFC? Patler, this may be a good challenge for you! :)

Fosco33
02-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Both conferences won 32 games. Can't get more parity than that.

I still give the edge to the AFC - but the gap is shorter than previous years.

pbmax
02-04-2008, 12:10 AM
OPF you are an optimist. The pundits aren't going to give up on conventional wisdom that fast. Tomorrow you will hear about the "best team on that night" and "if they played 10 times, the Giants might win 3", etc.

I will say that after the Super Bowl, the Packer offense sure looks good in comparison. Defense doesn't do so well in comparison.

Who needed Randy Moss and Logan Mankins to lose to the Giants? I can't believe Mankins still hasn't delivered a Super Bowl to the Patriots. Tank/APB, please explain.

KYPack
02-04-2008, 07:47 AM
OPF you are an optimist. The pundits aren't going to give up on conventional wisdom that fast. Tomorrow you will hear about the "best team on that night" and "if they played 10 times, the Giants might win 3", etc.

I will say that after the Super Bowl, the Packer offense sure looks good in comparison. Defense doesn't do so well in comparison.

Who needed Randy Moss and Logan Mankins to lose to the Giants? I can't believe Mankins still hasn't delivered a Super Bowl to the Patriots. Tank/APB, please explain.

Go PB.

Been a great year for Tank haters like me.

EVERY SINGLE THING that fool was all ate up about proved to be wrong:

Thompson was a bad GM
Had to sign Moss
Shudda drafted Mankins
Sherman was a genius

etc etc

BF4MVP
02-04-2008, 11:17 AM
I think the NFC may get a bit more respect, and I think that the Packers will be right up there with the contenders..

The Leaper
02-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't think either conference is clearly better than the other at this point, which is exactly what the NFL wants.

twoseven
02-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Don't hold your breath. The NYG 'got hot at the right time,' 'are a team of destiny,' 'Patriots ran out of steam.' Pick any one of those to explain how NYG pulled it off, I'm sure the experts will seeing as how most of them trashed the Giants for a lot of this year. My guess, if they had to line em' up on a power ranking, you'd still see NE and IND at 1 and 2 ahead of the NYG, DAL, JAX, GB, SD next season.