PDA

View Full Version : '08 Super Bowl Commercials

oregonpackfan
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
This year's Super Bowl Commercials were some of the best I have ever seen. I was particularly watching them closely because this was a prime motivational theme for my 13 year old daughter.

Some of my favorites:

1. The Diet Pepsi Max where former sleepy people stated shaking their head to the left after drinking some Pepsi. It ended with Joe Buck moving his head in beat in front of Troy Aikman.

2. The one where the Clydesdale horse does not make the Budweiser carriage team. For the next near a Dalmation dog acts as its trainer while the horse works out with the theme of "Rocky" playing.

3. The Bridgestone Tire commercial where the car has to swerve on a dark carve to avoid: First an animal, then Alice Cooper with a snake, then finally a gyrating Richard Simmons! I think a lot of us, including me, would not have swerved to avoid running down Richard Simmons! :)

What were some of your favorite commercials this Super Bowl?

Lurker64
02-04-2008, 12:28 AM
The Doritos one with the mousetrap made me snicker.

twoseven
02-04-2008, 04:35 AM
The Doritos one with the mousetrap made me snicker.
I thought that was THE dumbest damn thing..until the rat started pummeling the well dressed man, and ohmygod was that hilarious, 2nd best of the evening.

Numero uno goes easily to the E-trade baby's spots. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PackerPro42
02-04-2008, 07:02 AM
I got to go with the Diet Pepsi Max commercial. How can you not like Chris Catan (Not sure if that's how you spell his name) at the end of that commercial. The second one probably was the one (i forgot what it was advertising because I was laughing my ass off) where the tow truck guy hooked the gator clamps to his nipples and started dancing to jump start a car.

Badgerinmaine
02-04-2008, 07:11 AM
I'd have to look at the list to be sure, but off the top of my head, I'd vote for the Comeback Clydesdale ad mentioned above. I thought this year's crop was subpar--too many ads for movies and TV shows one could have seen anytime.

Badgerinmaine
02-04-2008, 07:22 AM
I just went to the MySpace site, which has them all available to view. The dark road ad for Bridgestone was good but I liked their ad with the screaming squirrel in the first half better. I'm kind of tired of the shtick of the recent Bud Light ads but loved the Will Ferrell basketball player ads for them..."Bud Light. Suck one".

twoseven
02-04-2008, 12:53 PM
I got to go with the Diet Pepsi Max commercial. How can you not like Chris Catan (Not sure if that's how you spell his name) at the end of that commercial. The second one probably was the one (i forgot what it was advertising because I was laughing my ass off) where the tow truck guy hooked the gator clamps to his nipples and started dancing to jump start a car.
Amped Energy Drink

MadScientist
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I admit I missed quite a few, but the only one that I really liked was the first one - the Bud Light Fire-Breathing ad.

PackerPro42
02-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Amped Energy Drink

Yeah that's the one.

Here's a link.

http://www.mahalo.com/Amp_Super_Bowl_Ad

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Clydesdale commercial for me