PDA

View Full Version : Spagnola and Williams

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 06:42 AM
Looks like Gregg Williams will be the new DC in Dallas and look for Spagnola to be offered the Skins job.

Carolina_Packer
02-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Looks like Gregg Williams will be the new DC in Dallas and look for Spagnola to be offered the Skins job.

Spagnola certainly earned his chance. I would like Williams to be considered in Green Bay, but it's not likely to be.

Deputy Nutz
02-04-2008, 09:28 AM

Williams is really good, but he is taking over a team that has been built for a 3-4 scheme, not his base 4-3. He has a lot of tweeners on that defense that make really good outside linebackers in a 3-4 but are going to be questionable in a 4-3.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
I think he'll go with a 3-4 until the talent is there to run a 4-3. Williams is a very talented DC.

RashanGary
02-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Spagnola is going to be in trouble in Washington. They are what? 20 or 30 mil over the cap right now? It's going to be break down and rebuild mode in Washington. Too bad, I thought Jason Cambell looked impressive the times I got to watch him.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 05:21 PM
cORREST BUT HE ALSO has an owner thAt will do whatever is nescessary to get him what he needs.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Spagnola is going to b flown in to DC during the next couple of days for an interview.

Deputy Nutz
02-04-2008, 07:04 PM
I think he'll go with a 3-4 until the talent is there to run a 4-3. Williams is a very talented DC.

He is talented yes, but some of his best players are the tweeners that fit so well in a 3-4 scheme. On top of that, talent is one thing ego is another, if he feels his defensive scheme is simply the best regardless of personal then he will do what he damn well pleases, like most coaches.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Agree and I think one of the best D players in football(Ware) would be hurt if they changed their D philosophy.

The Leaper
02-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Spag ain't going to Washington. Jim Fassel has already selected all the assistant coaches. What head coach is going to come into a situation where he can't pick his coaching staff?

Spag will wait a year and take a better opportunity after next season...such as Seattle or Dallas.

MJZiggy
02-05-2008, 08:28 AM
If he's not coming to Washington, what's he doing interviewing here today? I thought Mariucci was up for Skins HC too.

The Leaper
02-05-2008, 08:32 AM
If he's not coming to Washington, what's he doing interviewing here today? I thought Mariucci was up for Skins HC too.

Why wouldn't you interview? They will wine you and dine you, you gain experience on the entire interview process, and your profile around the league is raised when your name is in the headlines.

Even if he isn't going to Washington, it makes sense for him to at least interview for the job if the Skins invite him.

b bulldog
02-05-2008, 04:46 PM
I agree with both of you. It is prudent to go through the process but I think Spags may end up there.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Washington is where coaches go to die. Until they remove Snyder from the day to day operations (like they did with Gibbs) they'll never win.

Any dallas hirings are just proof that Wade leaving town next year.

Freak Out
02-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Sounds like Williams is going to the Jags.

b bulldog
02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I hope so

Guiness
02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
So who's going to be the sacrificial section 9 interviewee (or whatever the equal opportunity clause is called).

Freak Out
02-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like Spagnola gets a raise and stays with the G-Men.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-07-2008, 02:25 PM

Time for you to stop with the predictions.

Charles Woodson
02-07-2008, 04:16 PM

Are you serious? The packerrats is a place where if you hear some speculation you come and tell everybody.. I guarantee you that half the things said don't come true... Just look at the moss thread(s) from last off season

cpk1994
02-07-2008, 04:46 PM

Are you serious? The packerrats is a place where if you hear some speculation you come and tell everybody.. I guarantee you that half the things said don't come true... Just look at the moss thread(s) from last off seasonOr any of Merlin and Woody's inane ramblings. :)

Tyrone Bigguns
02-07-2008, 06:13 PM

Are you serious? The packerrats is a place where if you hear some speculation you come and tell everybody.. I guarantee you that half the things said don't come true... Just look at the moss thread(s) from last off season

Predictions isn't the right word. He writes like he has some inside knowledge.

Has been off way to much to be starting threads like this.

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 07:01 PM
I do and he used the Skins for leverage.