PDA

View Full Version : Best Super Bowl of All Time?

KYPack
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Best Super Bowl of All Time?

Many SB’s are real snoozers, but every once in awhile, you get a good one. Last night’s game had it all, constant drama, great defense without being boring, and a last second finish. It may well have been the greatest Super bowl of all time.

Here’s one man’s list:

1. Super Bowl XLII Giants 17 Patriots 14. It is still fresh in our minds, but this was a great game combined with the second greatest upset. The non-stop action kept everyone glued to their sets in the most watched Super Bowl of all time. Unlikely heroes, stout defense, brilliant plays made this a game for the ages.
2. Super Bowl XXXVI Patriots 20 Rams 17. Only Super bowl won on the last play on an Adam Viniteri field goal
3. Super Bowl XXXIV Rams 23 Titans 16. The game was in doubt until the last play in this one, also. Steve McNair played valiantly in a losing effort as both teams battle ferociously all game long.
4. Super Bowl III Jets 16 Colts 7 More of a blow out, but acclaimed as the greatest upset of all time. Who forget Joe Willie and the upstarts knocking the NFL on its butt? The AFL Jets beat the Colts with solid running and sound defense.
5. Super Bowl XXIII 49ers 20 Bengals 16. Joe Cool works his last minute magic in another down to the wire thriller.
6. Super Bowl XXV Giants 20 Bills 19. I’m sure Scott Norwood would like to see disappear from history. The image of the ballplayers holding hands as the kick went up is a strong one
7. Super Bowl XXXI Packers 35 Patriots 21. Gotta have the Pack on the list. Actually a great game in spite of the 14 point difference. The only Super Bowl to end in a push. Brett sews up his spot in the HOF and Reggie gets a well deserved SB ring.

Feel free to add, delete, or flame away on this highly arbitrary list.

]{ilr]3
02-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Best Super Bowl of All Time?

Many SB’s are real snoozers, but every once in awhile, you get a good one. Last night’s game had it all, constant drama, great defense without being boring, and a last second finish. It may well have been the greatest Super bowl of all time.

Here’s one man’s list:

1. Super Bowl XLII Giants 17 Patriots 14. It is still fresh in our minds, but this was a great game combined with the second greatest upset. The non-stop action kept everyone glued to their sets in the most watched Super Bowl of all time. Unlikely heroes, stout defense, brilliant plays made this a game for the ages.
2. Super Bowl XXXVI Patriots 20 Rams 17. Only Super bowl won on the last play on an Adam Viniteri field goal
3. Super Bowl XXXIV Rams 23 Titans 16. The game was in doubt until the last play in this one, also. Steve McNair played valiantly in a losing effort as both teams battle ferociously all game long.
4. Super Bowl III Jets 16 Colts 7 More of a blow out, but acclaimed as the greatest upset of all time. Who forget Joe Willie and the upstarts knocking the NFL on its butt? The AFL Jets beat the Colts with solid running and sound defense.
5. Super Bowl XXIII 49ers 20 Bengals 16. Joe Cool works his last minute magic in another down to the wire thriller.
6. Super Bowl XXV Giants 20 Bills 19. I’m sure Scott Norwood would like to see disappear from history. The image of the ballplayers holding hands as the kick went up is a strong one
7. Super Bowl XXXI Packers 35 Patriots 21. Gotta have the Pack on the list. Actually a great game in spite of the 14 point difference. The only Super Bowl to end in a push. Brett sews up his spot in the HOF and Reggie gets a well deserved SB ring.

Feel free to add, delete, or flame away on this highly arbitrary list.

The only way it could have been better is if the Packers won.

IMO it was the best one I have ever watched (didnt get to watch the Packers SB games)

I would have concidered it the worst ever if the Patriots would have won! But thats what makes it the best ever. Turd pompas ass team loses the biggest game ever! :lol:

Scott Campbell
02-04-2008, 03:14 PM
You should put up a poll.

BF4MVP
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Any SB that the Packers win is better than this one :D

But this one's definitely up there for me.. 8-)

packinpatland
02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
For me, this one was right up there near the top.

Except for cheering for the Packers to win, I don't ever remember cheering so hard for a team to lose.

twoseven
02-04-2008, 03:44 PM
It certainly was the most watched, 97.5 million.

HarveyWallbangers
02-04-2008, 04:17 PM
It certainly was the most watched, 97.5 million.

Which is misleading. There are more people in America (thus, more people with a television). There were several Super Bowls that were watched by a higher percentage of people with TVs--including the 1997 Super Bowl between Green Bay and Denver. The San Fran-Cincinnati Super Bowl in 1982 is still the Super Bowl watched by the largest majority of people in this country.

RashanGary
02-04-2008, 04:21 PM
I'd vote for this one. Great game.

The Leaper
02-04-2008, 04:35 PM
SB 32 is usually mentioned as one of the better games of all-time. It stunk for us as Packer fans, but overall it was a very entertaining game for casual NFL fans who did not have a cheering interest.

KYPack
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
SB 32 is usually mentioned as one of the better games of all-time. It stunk for us as Packer fans, but overall it was a very entertaining game for casual NFL fans who did not have a cheering interest.

I still have a mental block about that game.

Was in a serious state of mourning for a month after that one.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Best games of alltime would be this game,Pats Rams game, Broncos Packers game, 49ers Bengals game and Dolphins Redskins game. This game would probably be the best of these with the worst being the broncos.

LL2
02-04-2008, 05:01 PM
I woulde say it was one of the best of all time that I can remember. I'm not a fan of either team and it was one heck of a game to watch. Of course, when the Pack wonin 96 that was the best. I wasn't alive to see to first two the Packers won.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 05:16 PM
pERSONALLY, THE nfc cHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN 96 was the best game I've ever seen. I like championship Sunday more than SB sunday.

KYPack
02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
pERSONALLY, THE nfc cHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN 96 was the best game I've ever seen. I like championship Sunday more than SB sunday.

I dunno, Dog.

The '96 NFC Championship game was the best Super bowl you ever saw?

A 30 - 13 trimming of Carolina?

I think the defrocking of TB last nite burned your brain a little there, bud.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I meant the 96 -97 NFC Championship game at Lambeau against carolina

KYPack
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I meant the 96 -97 NFC Championship game at Lambeau against carolina

Yeah, I know Dog.

A. It wasn't a Super Bowl
B. The Packers killed 'em 30-13
C. The game was basically over after the first quarter and was a blow-out.
D. Yer post doesn't make sense on any level.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I know but what I meant is that the SB;s are actually kind of boring. The AFC/NFC Championship games when the home team wins at home in front of their fans are the best imo. Best SB would have to be ther 49ers/Bengals game part 2 with last nights game being #2.

The Shadow
02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I liked #1, as Bart got the job done.
You always remember your first time!

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
My best as a fan was the Packers of 96 but that wasn't really a great game. That would be considered my first.

Partial
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I really liked the Rams Titans game.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I really wanted the Titans to win that game. It seems as though during these great SB's, the team I usually want to win loses. The only two that come to mind that won were the Pats against the Rams and the Giants beating the Bills.

gbgary
02-04-2008, 09:08 PM
last night's game was very good. probably the best. having an emotional stake in the game would have made it better....for a giants fan. lol

oregonpackfan
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM

I agree with that sentiment. I also believe the Packers established themselves by winning Super Bowl I and Super Bowl II! Before the Super Bowl started in '67, the Packers won NFL Championships half a dozen times in the early and mid-60's before the first Super Bowl was even played.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 09:18 PM
65,66,67 nfl Champs along with doing it three times in a row in 29,30 and 31

The Shadow
02-04-2008, 09:18 PM
How many of you have seen every Super Bowl?

gbgary
02-04-2008, 09:20 PM

I agree with that sentiment. I also believe the Packers established themselves by winning Super Bowl I and Super Bowl II! Before the Super Bowl started in '67, the Packers won NFL Championships half a dozen times in the early and mid-60's before the first Super Bowl was even played.

the Packers "established themselves" long before sb1. they re-established themselves in '61 and then again when Brett and Reggie arrived.

b bulldog
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I never have and really nevr aspire to do so. The SB is a suit affair although it would be interesting to experience the SB site 72 hours before the big game is played.

gbgary
02-04-2008, 09:24 PM

i've seen every one....live....on tv. i'm an oldster. lol

oregonpackfan
02-04-2008, 11:34 PM

I have watched every Super Bowl though there were some where I did not sit through the entire game.

sepporepi
02-05-2008, 04:53 AM
The Shadow wrote:

I have watched every Super Bowl though there were some where I did not sit through the entire game.

Wow, you both seem to be Old :taunt:

First one I watched was XXIX.

I have to say besides the Packer Victory this one was the msot entertaining for me.

vince
02-05-2008, 06:24 AM
I'm old enough to go back as far as the Steelers run in the late 70's, but this one, the Titans/Rams game and the Broncos/Packers game stick out to me as the best. Unfortunately, this year's game was the only one that ended the way I hoped. I know it's a bad memory for most of us, but that Broncos/Packers game was a great one.

KYPack
02-05-2008, 08:12 AM
65,66,67 nfl Champs along with doing it three times in a row in 29,30 and 31

OK Bulldog, you got back to normal.

Some crazy guy got hold of your keyboard and was posting some wierd stuff.

I vote Sunday's Super Bowl for best game of all time. It was non-stop and down to the wire. Also, I hated the Patriots & didn't want to see 'em go 19-0.