PDA

View Full Version : Fury of the (Football) Gods

MadtownPacker
02-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Bulldog brought this up but I think it deserves it's own thread.

Last night we saw a total ass kicking by the Giants D against the team that had shown no mercy and no respect to sportsmanship all season long. They would go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter even when they where up 30+pts. Well last night is proof that you have to win right. Maybe if the patriots hadn't been too busy running up the score against teams like Miami and the Jets they might have had some gas left for the end of the season. Truth is they sputtered down he stretch and Karma showed them what happens when you try to test it.

Harlan Huckleby
02-04-2008, 10:04 PM
sounds like there really may be a Santa Claus.

MJZiggy
02-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Even the media's (http://www.packerrats.com) caught on to this idea...

The Patriots always managed to find some way to pull out a victory at the end of the game. Earlier in the season, they simply steamrolled their opponents, running up scores, making their games kind of boring to watch and annoying people who viewed them as being bad sports leaving their first string players in long after the outcome of the game had been decided. As the season wore on, the blowouts often became narrower victories. I can only wonder if the team might have finished the season stronger had the starters been rested early in the season when there was plenty of opportunity to give them a breather. We will never know, but it’s an interesting thought to ponder.

GrnBay007
02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Maybe if the patriots hadn't been too busy running up the score against teams like Miami and the Jets they might have had some gas left for the end of the season. Truth is they sputtered down he stretch and Karma showed them what happens when you try to test it.

Amen!

Brady is feeling that ALL over his body today! That guy's gotta be sore.

4and12to12and4
02-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Whatever makes Belichek look bad, makes me happy. The Pats losing is the second best thing to us winning it all. I don't know why I feel that way, but I just can't help it. Maybe it gives me hope for next year, makes me think that the big bad wolf is skinned and dried.

Jimx29
02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
karmas a bitch alrighty :D

twoseven
02-05-2008, 04:29 AM
Karma = Strahan, Umenyiora, Tuck, Spagnola and Co.

Karma also took care of high powered offenses in DAL and GB. NYG only scored 17 points. Give the champs a little credit for being a great team with an unbelievable defense.

packinpatland
02-05-2008, 06:49 AM
You think Belicheck could have patted at least one Giant
player on the back. He wouldn't even have had to break stride. What a jerk.
His postgame remarks were without class..........give the other team SOME credit for gosh sakes. :roll:

The brilliant mind of Bill Belicheck has no room for anything other than X's and O's...........ahhh yes, 'that is what he gets paid for', some will say. That would be right, but right now he's an embarrassment to the franchise.

pbmax
02-05-2008, 08:16 AM
How about instead of a football obsessed deity or fossil fuels, the Patriots, like the Rams in 1999, or the Packers of 2001 and 2007, had a brand new offensive attack that looked very little like the previous year's?

They were killing people until there was enough game film to scout them, counter them and then thwart them. Opponents adjusted.

Remember the Greatest Show on Turf scored less than 40 pts combined in their last two games against Tampa Bay and Tennessee.

And I don't think the Patriots extended themselves during the season as much as the Giants did in the postseason, having an extra playoff game to run through.

MJZiggy
02-05-2008, 08:18 AM
How about instead of a football obsessed deity, the Patriots, like the Rams in 1999, or the Packers of 2001 and 2007, had a brand new offensive attack that looked very little like the previous year's.

They were killing people until there was enough game film to scout them, counter them and then thwart them. Opponents adjusted.

Remember the Greatest Show on Turf scored less than 40 pts combined in their last two games against Tampa Bay and Tennessee.

Sounds plausible, but I'd prefer to believe that the football gods hate arrogant pricks...

KYPack
02-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Maybe if the patriots hadn't been too busy running up the score against teams like Miami and the Jets they might have had some gas left for the end of the season. Truth is they sputtered down he stretch and Karma showed them what happens when you try to test it.

Amen!

Brady is feeling that ALL over his body today! That guy's gotta be sore.

You must have hung around some players. Today is the PAIN day. (Should have put that in bold) Tuesday is when the stuff that really got banged up starts throbbing. You have zero adrenaline, beer & pills won't do much,. Tuesday is when you get depressed and start thinking "what do I do this for?, I'm too old for this shit!

FavreChild
02-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Also, remember that in the final game of the season, the Giants had nothing to gain by playing the Pats hard in their narrow defeat. At least, they had nothing to gain in terms of playoff seeding. They were already locked at #5. Yet they played all-out for that game, almost pulled of the win, and were rewarded in the playoffs.

Teams like the Colts and Cowboys, who rested all their started in game 16, both lost their first playoff games. The Colts in particular allowed the Titans to slip into the playoffs instead of the Browns. But even the Cowboys rolled over for the 'Skins, who simply needed a win OR a Vikes loss to make it into the playoffs as the #6 seed (they got both, so they would have made it either way).

Football gods rewarded the G-men??

packinpatland
02-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Also, remember that in the final game of the season, the Giants had nothing to gain by playing the Pats hard in their narrow defeat. At least, they had nothing to gain in terms of playoff seeding. They were already locked at #5. Yet they played all-out for that game, almost pulled of the win, and were rewarded in the playoffs.

Teams like the Colts and Cowboys, who rested all their started in game 16, both lost their first playoff games. The Colts in particular allowed the Titans to slip into the playoffs instead of the Browns. But even the Cowboys rolled over for the 'Skins, who simply needed a win OR a Vikes loss to make it into the playoffs as the #6 seed (they got both, so they would have made it either way).

She rewarded the right team :wink:

FavreChild
02-05-2008, 08:58 AM
She sure did!!

I betcha about a bazillion bucks that Gregg Easterbrook (TMQ) says the exact same thing in his column later today.

packinpatland
02-05-2008, 09:07 AM
This is one time it feels so good to: :beat: !

StPaulPackFan
02-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Sounds plausible, but I'd prefer to believe that the football gods hate arrogant pricks...

This is what I'm going with :D

oregonpackfan
02-05-2008, 09:21 AM

Oh, God is a "She?" Did She celebrate the Giants victory by putting up new drapes? :)

packinpatland
02-05-2008, 09:32 AM

Oh, God is a "She?" Did She celebrate the Giants victory by putting up new drapes? :)

More than likely. :lol:

MJZiggy
02-05-2008, 10:10 AM

No, she rained on their parade because although she likes the Giants, she's not a fan of New Yorkers in general...