PDA

View Full Version : DerickWard

Partial
02-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Anyone see the Packers making a run at him? He's young and good. He also probably won't cost too much with the bigger names involved in potential bidding wars.

Remember, TT originally wanted him instead of Grant.

BallHawk
02-04-2008, 11:01 PM
No need.

RashanGary
02-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Seems a little like Jackson to me. I could see it though. I don't think he's going to feel any pressure or feel forced to do it, but if the price was right, I could see it happening. YOu can never have enough guys that are good at picking up first downs and touchdowns. If there aren't a lot of suiters, I think TT is the type that would swoop in and pick up any good talent at the right price. He's also the type that won't get into a bidding war with retards.

mission
02-04-2008, 11:24 PM
think about that though

Jacobs, ward, Bradshaw, grant

talk about competion in the backfield. everyone had to step their game up... thats scary

HarveyWallbangers
02-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I like Ward a lot. I'd love to see a Grant, Ward, Jackson combination at RB.

vince
02-05-2008, 05:46 AM
I like Ward a lot. I'd love to see a Grant, Ward, Jackson combination at RB.
Me too. He's not as fast as Grant, but he's thicker and more powerful. I think he and Grant would make a very effective combination. Even though, like Jackson, he's a little shorter and thicker, he runs with a lot more authority than Jackson.

Partial
02-05-2008, 07:48 AM
That would be a very solid backfield and they could easily handle it if someone went down with an injury. Coming off an injured year, I can't see Ward commanding a huge amount of money.

Once they get some more consistent guard play it looks like they'll have a pretty darn good running game!

KYPack
02-05-2008, 08:38 AM
He's someone to consider. Everyone's right, the Giants had some backs, man. I thought they were goofy to get rid of Grant, but they had a real jam at RB. That Bradshaw is the strongest little sumbitch I've ever seen. All of 'em had big time skills.

Screw it, let's steal the Giants RB's one piece at a time.