PDA

View Full Version : Let's thank the New England Patriots...

packinpatland
02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
...their pom-pas owner, and their arrogant coach

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22999590/

vince
02-06-2008, 06:40 AM
There are some good points in this article, but I doubt the NFL as a whole will fall much.

I can't think of another brand to which its customers bring such passionate loyalty. The NFL can withstand an awful lot and come out relatively unscathed. Unless many more major hits occur, this machine will keep rollin' along.

fan4life
02-06-2008, 08:55 AM
My team isn't a direct competitor, like the Steelers, Jags and Colts... but my gut feeling is that the beating the Giants put on the Pats will go a long way towards vindicating sportsnation wrt to the Pats.

The Pats stole signals, humiliated opponents in defeating them, broke the rules to recruit other teams' best players, and who knows what else.... But in the end, it was all for naught.

Instead of the winningest team in NFL history, Belichick's imperfect Pats will be remembered for what they are: arrogant bullies who finally met their match. Nothing the Congress or anybody else can do could top that.

The NFL is in fine shape.

packinpatland
02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
So, it's not going to take 'an act of Congress'...........all it took was a Giant...or two...or 53.