02-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Read about it here:
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=2/5/2008&id=35092

I think this is really god news.

Or good news. Damn typos.

The Leaper
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM

McCarthy is solid, but I'm not sure I'd go quite that far just yet.

MTPackerfan
02-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Good for Coach McCarthy. Keep the winning ways going.

LL2
02-05-2008, 03:59 PM

McCarthy is solid, but I'm not sure I'd go quite that far just yet.

Yeah, he's not god and not quite a Packer immortal like Lombardi, but he's pretty good and worth keeping as the coach.

gbpackfan
02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Love it! MM is the type of guy who is going to continue to work his ass off even though he has the security of a 5 year deal. Then again, is there really any security for head coaches in today's NFL?

MJZiggy
02-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Good News. I like his style...

Jimx29
02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
:tup:

Joemailman
02-05-2008, 04:38 PM

Really? When he was hired, I thought you gals preferred Gruden's style.

ny10804
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM

I like his moves.

MJZiggy
02-05-2008, 05:19 PM

Really? When he was hired, I thought you gals preferred Gruden's style.

Wrong gal. I never completely forgave Gruden for following Dungy.

vince
02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Kudos to the leadership McCarthy has demonstrated, and kudos to his contributions to the effectiveness of the overall Packer organization. It's refreshing to see how much trust there is throughout this Packer regime. I'm not sure how common this is, but it's noteworthy that McCarthy has enough trust in the organization and enough interest in staying put that he negotiated his own deal throughout the negotiation.

This deal is well deserved and a good move for the future of the franchise.

Deal is reported to be "close to" $4mil/yr.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/726589.html

"I'm very pleased with the deal," said McCarthy, who spoke to reporters via teleconference from the Pro Bowl in Honolulu. "I think it's an outstanding commitment from the organization. I have no interest in being an agent. The process of doing it myself is something I was very comfortable doing because of the Green Bay Packers. I didn't want to go through the agent process. ... Sometimes it can get to a situation where it gets drawn out and things happen that don't need to happen. It was a very mutual understanding on the contract. I'm very thankful for Bob Harlan, Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson ... everybody involved for this opportunity."

"We are pleased to be able to make this announcement," Thompson said. "Mike brings tremendous passion, work ethic and structure to his position. These are the traits we saw in him when he was hired and we're very happy for the success we have had under his guidance.

"Mike and I have a very good working relationship and we look forward to continuing to work for such a special organization with such great fans."

BF4MVP
02-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Glad it's finally done. Well deserved. 8-)

packinpatland
02-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Glad it's finally done. Well deserved. 8-)

You can say that again. Actually, I'll save you the time.

Glad it's finally done. Well deserved.