PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Away Your Sorrows???

GrnBay007
02-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Police: Andrews had 1/2 pound of marijuana

Associated Press
Updated: February 5, 2008, 5:22 PM EST
LOWELL, Mass. (AP) - New England Patriots defensive back Willie Andrews pleaded not guilty to drug possession Tuesday, hours after authorities said they found him with a half-pound of marijuana.

Andrews was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and driving an unregistered motor vehicle, a black Crown Victoria. Prosecutors said he had $6,800 in cash, three bags of marijuana, and no means to smoke the drugs.

According to authorities, Lowell police responded to an anonymous caller who reported possible drug activity in a black motor vehicle. Police later pulled over the car, and when they approached it, detectives smelled a strong odor they believed to be marijuana, District Attorney Gerry Leone said.

Andrews was released on personal recognizance after entering not guilty pleas during his arraignment in Lowell District Court.

Andrews' lawyer, Sean Delaney, declined to comment.

The arrest came one day after the team returned from Arizona, where the New York Giants upset New England 17-14 in the Super Bowl to end the Patriots' perfect season.

The Patriots declined to comment specifically on Andrews' arrest.

"The conduct of our players is very important to the New England Patriots," spokesman Stacey James said in a statement. "As is our policy, team discipline will be handled internally."

Andrews completed his second year with the Patriots, spending time on special teams return and coverage units. He scored his first NFL touchdown in October on a 77-yard kickoff return against the Miami Dolphins.

The 24-year-old player from Longview, Texas, was drafted in the seventh round out of Baylor in 2006.

Andrews is due back in court March 18 for a pretrial conference.

Joemailman
02-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Sounds like he had enough for the whole team. Nice of him to share.

Freak Out
02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Stupid amateur...if you are going to deal plus transport find a good hiding place in the vehicle.

GrnBay007
02-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Sounds like he had enough for the whole team. Nice of him to share.

Sounds like he was planning to make a few bucks during the offseason. He wanted to get an early start.

Harlan Huckleby
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
this is puzzling.

Is half a pound a lot? It sure sounds like a shitload to me. In the old days it wasn't much, but now the stuff is so potent.

Its too little for him to be dealing, but too much for personal use.

Deputy Nutz
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
this is puzzling.

Is half a pound a lot? It sure sounds like a shitload to me. In the old days it wasn't much, but now the stuff is so potent.

I suppose what kind it is, but the law probably doesn't care if it is shwaag or the stuff you can get from California.

MadtownPacker
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
this is puzzling.

No it aint alot. Only 8oz but having it in different bags is weird unless they are all 3 different flavors. Of course he might have just unloaded some and thats where the $6800 came from.

Either way he is a dumbass. :lol:

NewsBruin
02-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Great, I love it when a Baylor player makes the news. :roll:

It reminds me of when I went to Packer training camp and was so excited to meet Rodney Artmore. Yup, more BU DB's falling in love with the ganj.

Still, I bet about 1/2 of the NFLPA lights one up and flushes it out. If they're not caught in the act, they're going to get away with it.

Fosco33
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM
this is puzzling.

No it aint alot. Only 8oz but having it in different bags is weird unless they are all 3 different flavors. Of course he might have just unloaded some and thats where the $6800 came from.

Either way he is a dumbass. :lol:

A friend told me that smoking everyday would be about a quarter-half an ounce a week (or 1 or 2 an O per month) - so IMO - 8 Os is a lot. Probably in 3 bags just because a liter bag can't hold all that. 6800 for an NFL player is pocket change for the rest of us.

'the name is d-u-m-a-s-e'

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2008, 12:27 AM
A friend told me that smoking everyday would be about a quarter-half an ounce a week

uhhh, no. I haven't smoked much dope in recent years, but a quarter ounce these days is a boatload of buzz. I could get high on a quarter ounce for at least two weeks.

the person who can smoke a quarter ounce in a week is a major, major stoner. The half-ounce a week estimate, jesus, now you're in Madtown territory, forget about it.

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2008, 12:30 AM
No it aint alot. Only 8oz
:worship:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

vince
02-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Sources also said that, when detained, Andrews received a cell phone call. When authorities listened to the resulting voice message, the caller, sounding distinctly like Randy Moss, Patriot wide receiver, said, "Where the fuck are you Willie? After the choke job in the Super Bowl and the choke job I did on that bitch back home who I know is coming after my money, I need my spleef man!"

cpk1994
02-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Stupid amateur...if you are going to deal plus transport find a good hiding place in the vehicle.Nate Newton could show em! :) I am amazed there are no Nate Newton jokes yet!

Freak Out
02-06-2008, 12:42 PM
....speaking of drug running. Never heard of this one before.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/05/AR2008020503123.html?hpid=topnews

Tyrone Bigguns
02-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Half pound isn't very much. Especially for someone making some coin.

As opposed us poor folks, rich folks can afford to buy a quantity. Perhaps willie was buying for the entire offseason or a couple of months.

Better to buy once and have it at your house then repeated visits to a dealer for quarters, etc. Think of it as buying drugs like you buy teepee at Costco.

And, i'm sure that he is prolly generous with it. Smokes out all his boys.

When Tyrone attended UW, he knew of a former graduate who used to buy a pound of good green from cali, and keep it in his freezer. One purchase a year kept him good. Always respected that.

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
As opposed us poor folks, rich folks can afford to buy a quantity. Perhaps willie was buying for the entire offseason or a couple of months.

good point. Sort of like shopping at Sam's Club.

mission
02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
half pound of that purp or kush goes for 1900-2400 depending on your hook. thats nothing... so I gotta figure he had two pounds and was droppin halfs/quarters... still? 10 g's

is he an idiot? yeah, but only because he got caught. black crown vic? really... might as well spray "I'm the dopeboy" on the car.

I don't blame him for the hustle. sometimes that shit is just a matter of taking a phone call and being friends with the right people. its hard to turn down a G for making a call.

you just can't ride that dirty... fuckin stupid. all about the audi.... ;-)

Tyrone Bigguns
02-06-2008, 07:55 PM
half pound of that purp or kush goes for 1900-2400 depending on your hook. thats nothing... so I gotta figure he had two pounds and was droppin halfs/quarters... still? 10 g's

is he an idiot? yeah, but only because he got caught. black crown vic? really... might as well spray "I'm the dopeboy" on the car.

I don't blame him for the hustle. sometimes that shit is just a matter of taking a phone call and being friends with the right people. its hard to turn down a G for making a call.

you just can't ride that dirty... fuckin stupid. all about the audi.... ;-)

Big assumption that cash on hand was for buying. Plenty of those guys roll with that kinda money all the time.

KYPack
02-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Golly Gee Whiz!

This forum sure is educational.

I'm gonna score some purp or kush and Superman somebody!

At least that's what it says in the Urban dictionary.

I guess it's the shiz nit.

Fosco33
02-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Golly Gee Whiz!

LoL.

You do know what 'superman' means, right? Whwn I found out, I about pissed my pants. :lol:

KYPack
02-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Golly Gee Whiz!

LoL.

You do know what 'superman' means, right? Whwn I found out, I about pissed my pants. :lol:

Oh yeah, man.

I'm too hip, ya know.

I learned what Superman was today.

it's in the urban dictionary.

The internet resource that allows the elderly to keep up.

Yeah, I chuckled a bit myself.

It's a relief to learn that 20 yr olds are just as sick as I was then.

mission
02-06-2008, 11:27 PM
small street deals go down on the street, thats why they're called street deals (urban dictionary haha)... you don't go buying by the pound or anything like that doing it where you get called on by a public witness. thats just not how it works and do the math on the money... adds up to me. he wasn't buying but collecting...

which makes the story even crazier... guy wasn't grabbin shit to only smoke but selling (three bags = intent ... everyones definition) just absolutely ridiculous business if he's riding like that (KY: see: "dirty" lul) then he deserves anything that he gets

surprised he made it to 24yo...

wist43
02-06-2008, 11:33 PM
this is puzzling.

Used to go thru about an oz every two weeks depending on how good it was... mostly just me and my girlfriend.

So you're only looking at a few months worth for moderate smokers.

Wow, that was a long time ago... still, poker night can be fun once in a while :)

Iron Mike
02-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Wow, that was a long time ago...

No kidding. I think an o-z used to be about $35-$40 back in the day.

Harlan Huckleby
02-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Used to go thru about an oz every two weeks depending on how good it was... mostly just me and my girlfriend.

ya, I remember the days when an oz was no big deal. But the pot that's been around the last 15 years or so is about 10 times as potent. Just like the old chewing tobacco commercial - "just need a little pinch between your cheek and gums for pure tobacco pleasure" - a little dab of ganje in the bong is plenty for a debonair gentleman.

swede
02-07-2008, 12:26 PM
The off-season has arrived when subjects such as this get a couple pages.
:)

I find it absolutely hilarious when I'm out socializing and I roll over to converse with a new group only to find it is a circulating blunt, and not an interesting topic of conversation, that is drawing all interest.

Booze makes me social. Ganja always sent me to the couch with my eyes closed admiring sound and color.

Been there, done that, and I can't believe people risk life and livelihood over chemicals.

woodbuck27
02-07-2008, 01:13 PM
this is puzzling.

Back in the good Ole days ya bought it by the ounce. Late 70's about $125.00 as I re-call it.

1 pound = 16 ounces. So based in late 1970's price (about a $Grand$.)

So for a NFL player today even 8X that much is peanuts. I think also he had just enough for him and his Bud's to relax.

What's the problem? :D

Tyrone Bigguns
02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
this is puzzling.

Back in the good Ole days ya bought it by the ounce. Late 70's about $125.00 as I re-call it.

1 pound = 16 ounces. So based in late 1970's price (about a $Grand$.)

So for a NFL player today even 8X that much is peanuts. I think also he had just enough for him and his Bud's to relax.

What's the problem? :D

No way was an OZ going for that price. You are insance.

The reason they called them dime bags (a quarter oz) was that it cost a ten spot. That puts it at 30-40..prolly closer to 30 for size discount.

MJZiggy
02-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Maybe it was 40 and Woody paid $125 for it?

Harlan Huckleby
02-07-2008, 05:42 PM

wait a minute, weren't canadian dollars like pesos back in the 70's ?

MJZiggy
02-07-2008, 05:44 PM
You mean they aren't now?

Tyrone Bigguns
02-07-2008, 05:49 PM

125 for some oregano!

Mazzin
02-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Usually I go through about a quater a week, and smoke at least once a day. I can normally get a Q of some good MIDS for 35-40 ( depending on the quality and the mans need for funds) a Q of some KindBud run 100. And i can get some schwagg (mexican weed) If my normal guy is out, for 20. But on average i spend 160 a month on it....But its definatly worth it. :jig:

RashanGary
02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
WTF is up Mazzin? Long time no see.

Mazzin
02-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Nothing, just living life. Always read on here, and just never post, as I'm sure you can remeber I love talking about off topic stuff much, much, more. So the offseason, is normally more lively from me, But don't expect me around to much this year.

Freak Out
02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I used to buy good gold for $20 - $25 and oz. Good Hawaiian was $140 - $200. (Late 70s). :smk:

Freak Out
02-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Holy shit....I knew most Middle Eastern countries had harsh drug laws but this is insane!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=512815&in_page_id=1770&ito=1490

Iron Mike
02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
I used to buy good gold for $20 - $25 and oz. Good Hawaiian was $140 - $200. (Late 70s). :smk:

You know what was a bargain? Hash oil. 'Cuz when you bought hash oil, the man threw in a free hash oil pipe as part of the deal. 8-)

http://www.legalcannabis.com/images/SS-HOP-HashOilPipe600.jpg

wist43
02-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I guess this means most of us are disqualified from being president... unless, of course, you didn't inhale. 8-)

Freak Out
02-08-2008, 12:16 PM

You know what was a bargain? Hash oil. 'Cuz when you bought hash oil, the man threw in a free hash oil pipe as part of the deal. 8-)

http://www.legalcannabis.com/images/SS-HOP-HashOilPipe600.jpg

I never found much hash oil here but did smoke some great hash...with all the large military bases here we had a big Turkish connection so it was always available.

Freak Out
02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
This is very cool. Cali cool.

http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/world/2008/02/08/D8UMCTRG1_un_marijuana_machines/index.html