PDA

View Full Version : Overrated!!

RashanGary
02-05-2008, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ2yK5C9Ae4&feature=related

RashanGary
02-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Now don't tell me it wasn't fun watching his beady little eyes lit up like a deer in the headlights the other night. The SB lights too bright, Tom? Too funny.

RashanGary
02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Things have fallen perfectly into place for that guy. I don't think he realizes yet that he'll never win another championship and he'll be largely forgotten like Troy Aikman. It probably sunk in a little when Strahan did his "we stomped you out" dance at the victory parade.

I can't stop laughing looking at his face. He thinks he has it all figured out.

packinpatland
02-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm no fan of Tom, the gifted one, Brady........but I don't think he will be forgotten, or that we've seen the last of the Patriots in the playoffs.

I missed Strahan's dance, think it's on utube yet?

RashanGary
02-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Watch, my prediction is that the Pats fade into oblivion and the Tom's the greatest talk will fade right along with it. Before you know it, he'll be Tom Aikman or Troy Brady or whoever the hell he is :)

MJZiggy
02-05-2008, 06:53 PM
He thinks he has it all figured out.

Well, I gotta give him credit for having one thing figured out, he is sleeping with Giselle Bundchen while Bridget Moynahan is off tending to his baby...He's gotta be doing SOMETHING right... :roll:

Deputy Nutz
02-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Hey Harrell, are you done yet? Your schtick is getting old.

The Shadow
02-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Brady is a great quarterback. He lost a game. So what?
Why are a few posters so threatened by him?

Partial
02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey Harrell, are you done yet? Your schtick is getting old.

2nded

Patler
02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Tom Brady has a lot of career ahead of him yet. Even if he never wins another Super Bowl, he is way ahead of Favre in playoff success.

HarveyWallbangers
02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Tom Brady has a lot of career ahead of him yet. Even if he never wins another Super Bowl, he is way ahead of Favre in playoff success.

Ouch. Of course, he's played on better teams. He's been ordinary for three straight playoffs. Wonder how people will rank him if it continues, and he never wins another title. I'd have to think closer to the Aikman class than the Montana class.

Pacopete4
02-05-2008, 11:21 PM
when all is said and done you will have your 4 great passers in history:

1. Favre
2. Elway
3. Manning
4. Marino

then you will have winners that people will try to put in the class of those 4 men but no one else belongs with those 4 guys..

Brady
Montana
Aikman
Bradshaw
Starr

these type of QB's are no where near the top 4

Patler
02-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Wonder how people will rank him if it continues, and he never wins another title. I'd have to think closer to the Aikman class than the Montana class.

I suspect that is about right.

Guiness
02-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Gota side with JH somewhat on this one...I think he's been in a great situation. Give him credit for playing within the system, and yes, for turning in a few exceptional performances. But I don't buy the 'he just knows how to win' shtick. It denigrates what the rest of the team has done.

I think he's good, not great, and that a lot of other QB's would've ended up with the same hardware as him if in that situation. Not every QB...a guy like Favre might've done more harm than good over there. But put Culpepper there over the same time period, and he goes to the hall.

Noodle
02-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Explain something to me -- Brady owns the single season TD record at 50, beating Manning (49), Favre (never more than 39), Elway (27), and Marino (48, also 44). Additionally, Brady had a passer rating of over 117 this year. Only Manning on your list, at 121, ever did better. No quarterback on your list of throwers ever posted over a 108 (Marino). So are you serious in saying Brady can't sling it with this group?

Besides, how can you have a group of great throwers that doesn't inlcude Steve Young (lead the league in passer rating a record 6 times), Johnny Unitas or Roger Staubach? And you don't inlcude Starr as a thrower? Dude, he led the league in passer rating 5 friggin times! In 1966, Starr's rating was 105 -- Favre has never cracked 100, ever, for a season -- and in the playoffs, Starr's rating was 104.

If you're distinguishing throwers from winners (for whatever reason), then shouldn't you add to the throwers names like Sonny Jurgensen, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts, Daryle Lamonica, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Plunkett, and Earl Moon? And if you're not inlcuding Slingin' Sammy Baugh in your list of slingers, well then, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

SkinBasket
02-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Explain something to me -- Brady owns the single season TD record at 50, beating Manning (49), Favre (never more than 39), Elway (27), and Marino (48, also 44). Additionally, Brady had a passer rating of over 117 this year. Only Manning on your list, at 121, ever did better. No quarterback on your list of throwers ever posted over a 108 (Marino). So are you serious in saying Brady can't sling it with this group?

Besides, how can you have a group of great throwers that doesn't inlcude Steve Young (lead the league in passer rating a record 6 times), Johnny Unitas or Roger Staubach? And you don't inlcude Starr as a thrower? Dude, he led the league in passer rating 5 friggin times! In 1966, Starr's rating was 105 -- Favre has never cracked 100, ever, for a season -- and in the playoffs, Starr's rating was 104.

If you're distinguishing throwers from winners (for whatever reason), then shouldn't you add to the throwers names like Sonny Jurgensen, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts, Daryle Lamonica, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Plunkett, and Earl Moon? And if you're not inlcuding Slingin' Sammy Baugh in your list of slingers, well then, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Noodle > (JustinHarrell*100)

b bulldog
02-06-2008, 07:30 AM
On average, Brady has been average in three straight playoffs. He seems to have one great game, one average game and one stinker game. Most national football people already have Brady in the top 5 alltime and I agree with that. He is a player that usually never beats his own team by his play alone. With everything being said, I've never, ever heard a football fan say that the Pats will win if the good Brady shows up like you do about other QB's and that speaks volumes about a QB when his own fans are nervous about his play when it counts. I'll go with the guys in the know here over us lamen football people. Saying that a guy has to prove more when he has already won the league MVP, Super Bowl MVP, been in 5 AFC Champonship games, played in four SB,s , and has had the greatest season ever by a QB is totally retarded.

MJZiggy
02-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Wait until Brady is as old as "other QB's" and see if he's still in the league much less worrying about which Brady is gonna show up...

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Haven't we already had 4 or 5 degenerate into this topic?

b bulldog
02-06-2008, 07:38 AM
This nervousness has been around more than the past few years.

KYPack
02-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Noodle for leader!

What Noodle said, write it down, it's all right on the mark.

b bulldog
02-06-2008, 07:41 AM
I agree :lol:

vince
02-06-2008, 07:52 AM

Here endeth the lesson.

Patler
02-06-2008, 08:05 AM

1. Favre
2. Elway
3. Manning
4. Marino

then you will have winners that people will try to put in the class of those 4 men but no one else belongs with those 4 guys..

Brady
Montana
Aikman
Bradshaw
Starr

Without critiquing who is or isn't on you lists, and whether or not some of your "passers" are/were also "winners" and "winners" also "passers"; I will simply comment that generally speaking I will take a "winner" over a "passer" any day of the week.

Zool
02-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Im not coming to GH's defense here, I'm just going to point out that Culcrapper had 39TD's one season. Before the season Brady's highest single season was 28. Better than Aikman, but hardly in the top 3 pure passers ever. This season was the perfect storm for NE for offense.

Patler
02-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Im not coming to GH's defense here, I'm just going to point out that Culcrapper had 39TD's one season. Before the season Brady's highest single season was 28. Better than Aikman, but hardly in the top 3 pure passers ever. This season was the perfect storm for NE for offense.

Peyton Manning has exceeded 30 only 4 times in 10 seasons, and just barely 3 of those times, with 31 in 2006 and 2007 and 33 in 2000. His year with 49 was an anomaly, too.

Zool
02-06-2008, 08:48 AM

Peyton Manning has exceeded 30 only 4 times in 10 seasons, and just barely 3 of those times, with 31 in 2006 and 2007 and 33 in 2000. His year with 49 was an anomaly, too.

Before this year Brady's avg was 24.5 if you take out 2000 in which he pretty much didnt play. I will grant you that he's never had Marvin Harrison until this year.

I've never been one to think that Peyton is one of the greatest passers ever. He's very smart at the LOS, but he tends to get lost in high pressure. At least the times I've watched him. He's more like Jim Kelly than he is Dan Marino.

Marino
Elway
Favre
Moon

Thats my top passers of the modern era, but if I had to win one game, I would take

Montana
Elway

Brady has been very good/great for 6 years, but I want to see him do it with nothing around him, like Elway did, before he gets the nod.

MJZiggy
02-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Well, we saw what he can do when they fail to protect him the other night...

RashanGary
02-06-2008, 09:29 AM
To Tom Brady :lol:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23018953#23018953

Pacopete4
02-06-2008, 09:30 AM
my point is that Favre, Elway, Marino, Manning are the most talented or best passing QB's there is in this game when it comes to winning Super Bowls they are not simply by Brady, Bradshaw, Aikman, Montana having won more..

The Shadow
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM

1. Favre
2. Elway
3. Manning
4. Marino

Brady
Montana
Aikman
Bradshaw
Starr

Who cares about mere physical ability over quarterbacking skills? Ryne Duran (oldtime Yankee pitcher) was perhaps the fastest of them all - but could not win.
Better to count up the championship rings on fingers....
(By the way, you forgot to dis the greatest of them all, Johnny Unitas.)

Cheesehead Craig
02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Ranking QB's by passing yards and determining their greatness based off that is about as foolish as ranking defenses solely on yards given up. You leave out too many other factors.

Outstanding counter Noodle.

b bulldog
02-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, the game is played to win games not just to put up numbers. As posted, would you rather have a guy that puts up numbers or wins, regular season and post season?

Tyrone Bigguns
02-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Brady is a system QB, and teams didn't prepare for him like they did for Favre.

Kurt Warner was on the radio here (AZ) talking about their matchup in the SP. Warner praised Brady, but also noted that their was nothing in their game plan about brady. This wasn't a slight, but a comparison to Brady now...which, he was saying teams have to prepare against now.

Fans tend to over inflate the value of a superbowl win. This is a team sport...and not just one where you are offense and defense like bball or baseball.

Was Elway not a great QB when he was getting hammered in the first 3 super bowls? Hell, yes he was. He carried those teams. Take a look back, he had some of the worst running backs in the history of the super bowls.

1: 18 tds, 12 picks. Bledsoe put them in SP..actually Troy Brown did. 267 total yards of offense. Game turned on 3 turnovers. Brady was MVP with 16 of 27, 145 yards and a td. MVP cause who else they gonna give it to?

2: 28tds, 14 picks. 32 of 48 for 354 yards and 3 touchdowns with 1 interception. Great game, great game for Branch.

3: 28 tds, 16 picks. 23 of 33. 2 tds. Faulk and Dillon killed the eagles on the ground. 26 for 113. Branch with another monster game. Fourth Quarter it is all running game.

They rode Dillon all year. He had a monster year for them. 345 for 1600 plus yards...109 yard game average. YIKES.

One other thing. Of all the great QBs in the league, Favre has had the worst offensive lines..barely a pro bowl among them during the SP runs. No continuity of receivers. No good TEs cept for one season with Kjack and a short time with Chewy (and sorry, no, bubba and his 30 some odd catches doesn't count). And, not one HOF among them. Favre's whole career he hasn't had one receiver that was good that he played with for like 5 years until driver.

And probably the most important thing...4 freaking coaches.

Brady: 1 coach
Aikman: 2
Montana:2
Bradshaw: 1
Young: 1 (well, when he was a starter)

If i'm starting a team from scratch i don't take brady as my qb. I might not take favre, but no way do i take brady.

RashanGary
02-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Brady is a fine, fine, damn fine QB but he's given more credit than he deserves for wins that were team wins by great defense, great ST's and a good overall offense.

I think he'll go down like Troy Aikman. Many were toting Aikman as one of the greatest ever after his 3rd SB and it looked like he might get more. Now he's an after thought. As Brady spend the last 10 years of his career with no rings and good but nothing special numbers, he'll be largely forgotten like Aikman.

Very good player. Belongs in the HOF, but not thought of in the conversation as best ever like he is right now because people are misreading the situation. Give it some time and people will remember it for whta it is.

Hell, I remember Kurt Warner being hyped as one of the games greatest players for a while. It happens in the short term. History puts things in better perspective.

woodbuck27
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Watch, my prediction is that the Pats fade into oblivion and the Tom's the greatest talk will fade right along with it. Before you know it, he'll be Tom Aikman or Troy Brady or whoever the hell he is :)

Thank GOD he's not fr. TEXAS or he'll certainly be like Aikman just a slip shy of the Greatest.

Favre with all the records just a really good competitior. We have to get Favre another Super Bowl ring, somehow. :)

PACKERS FOREVER!

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Your posts are funny. Please post some articles that state that Brady is overrated??? I'll be waiting for them and you can pm me these or post them. :lol: 4 super bowls, 5 afc championship games, 2 SB MVP's, 1 league MVP, greatest season evr by a QB and he is overrated?? Nick, your retarded and ignorant!

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 05:30 PM
:lol:

packers11
02-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Bulldog go back in your hole... Your still in mourning over the Pats loss... BYEEE BRADY... How was the ride??? You guys want to buy my fictional book... Its called 19-0...

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Funny, I'm way over it but it seems most in here are not

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Just wondering, would it be ok if I START BASHING #4? OR IS THIS JUST BASHING bRADY???

packers11
02-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Funny, I'm way over it but it seems most in here are not

I'm not because I live in New England... For the past 3 weeks I have taken more heat then ever in my life about the packers... I told them to watch out because Eli would take their team down too... Those little cocky pricks didn't want to hear a word out of me... Now I walk around and just laugh at all of them as one of the biggest chokes ever... They have nothing to say to me, it is so great...

You would understand also if they talked trash about Favre and the packers for five months, and you finally get your sweet revenge... :twisted:

packers11
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Just wondering, would it be ok if I START BASHING #4? OR IS THIS JUST BASHING bRADY???

You can bash the Patriots anyday on my watch... :)

MJZiggy
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM

It's a Packer forum. It's just bashing Brady, silly!

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Keep it up and I'll go off :P

Tyrone Bigguns
02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Your posts are funny. Please post some articles that state that Brady is overrated??? I'll be waiting for them and you can pm me these or post them. :lol: 4 super bowls, 5 afc championship games, 2 SB MVP's, 1 league MVP, greatest season evr by a QB and he is overrated?? Nick, your retarded and ignorant!

Your wish is my command:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2006/10/is-brady-overrated.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/080204&sportCat=nfl

http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/12-04/12-23-04/b04sp475.htm

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/92

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Tom_Brady_Overrated/58685

http://ssreporters.blogspot.com/2007/06/tom-brady-overrated-qb.html

Favorite line from Gallo: I'll admit that he stunk in that playoff game against the Broncos two years ago. And that he blew our chances last year against the Colts by throwing that interception in the fourth quarter. And that he was a big zero in the Super Bowl against the Giants. He's been folding under pressure in big games for three years in a row. He's like a Manning, but with a better jaw line and two fewer Super Bowls since 2004.

packers11
02-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Keep it up and I'll go off :P

were do you live??? you can't be living in the New England / Boston Area... You would be like me... A hate monger... At first, I was rooting for my home team as my (2nd favorite team) back in 01... But if you just started to hear these fans... They are worse than bear fans / bearman... Its sickening...

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 07:08 PM
The first article is the only one with credibility and he even stated that he has a ton of talent but the hype has gone too far, I can actually agree with that. The other articles and what???

Look up some of the stuff written by NFL insiders, people that actually know the game.

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Do you want me to find the peopkle who see it my way Tyrone because I've just done a quick search and we can both post our references and I bet mine more than rump yours. my quick search had people from John Madden, Jimmy Johnson, ESPN senior NFL writer, CBS Sportsline senior writer, Mike Martz,Marv levy, Art Rooney Jr, Ken Meyer, Dick Haley, Larry kennan, and James Harris have him third behind Graham and Montana ect. I think I'll rest my case.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
The first article is the only one with credibility and he even stated that he has a ton of talent but the hype has gone too far, I can actually agree with that. The other articles and what???

Look up some of the stuff written by NFL insiders, people that actually know the game.

You asked for articles that said he was overrated. I provided you them. Now you want to question their credibility? Ok.

But, that wasnt' your criteria. More to the point..who are you to question credibilty. Gallo writes for espn, one guy writes for a paper, etc.

Of course, there will be more. It is early. A season or two more and reevaluation will happen.

Your credibility is lacking. i"m stil waiting for scouts and recruiters as we discussed in the badger forum. Last post you had was from a WRITER (fiutak)..not a scout or recruiter.

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Ahh I think Scout.com has talent evaluaters working for them that would fit your criteria and that is just off the top of my head.

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Same with rival;s.com

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Mike Farrell head recruiting guru for Rivals.com has him as his best and has him deciding between the Nitney Lions and the BUcks now.

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Parade magazines national player of the year

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Jim Tressel," 18 is great but the 19th would be the cherry" :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I believe the term was "can't miss"...i'll be waiting for ANY source that says he can't miss.

Zool
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm still waiting to hear how guys who guess at their jobs are "credible" or "experts". I could throw shit against the wall and see what sticks too. Sign me up. Of the supposed cant miss prospects, how many have missed? I'm going to guess 50%.

Prospect A from a small school in Alabama had 1800 yards in his senior season and 1500 in his junior season. Prospect B from a small school in Texas had 1800 yards in his senior season and 1500 in his junior season. Both of these guys have the potential to be big time contributors to their respective teams.

Where's my check?

pbmax
02-09-2008, 10:23 AM
EDIT: Cripes, I've got to stop jumping threads. I'm with KYPack. Noodle wins this thread.

Patler, I think you have been reading too much Harv and Justin. Brady has 3 Super Bowl wins and a MVP. He also owns the best single passing season in the post 1978 era. He is clearly above Aikman and close to Montana.

He won with mediocre pass catchers and then scored the go ahead TD in another Super Bowl in the 4th quarter with the best set of WRs in the league that season. He has done it every way except the Dilfer way.

Aikman was never this dominant and had a top five running game to complement him.

Brady teams in the first three Super Bowls were a notch below the Packers in 95-96-97. The 2007 Pats were better than all the Packer teams Favre has been on with the exception of the 96 team, a game I would love to see.

Wonder how people will rank him if it continues, and he never wins another title. I'd have to think closer to the Aikman class than the Montana class.

pbmax
02-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Tyrone, I love your posts. But even you can't sneak a DJ Gallo article into a serious post without raising a red flag. DJ isn't taking this seriously, and neither should we.

Your wish is my command:

Favorite line from Gallo: I'll admit that he stunk in that playoff game against the Broncos two years ago. And that he blew our chances last year against the Colts by throwing that interception in the fourth quarter. And that he was a big zero in the Super Bowl against the Giants. He's been folding under pressure in big games for three years in a row. He's like a Manning, but with a better jaw line and two fewer Super Bowls since 2004.

mission
02-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I wonder what score bulldog would get on his wonderlic?

wait. I'm not wondering anymore. hopefully for his sake, he's an alcoholic and can use that as an excuse

Patler
02-09-2008, 03:25 PM
EDIT: Cripes, I've got to stop jumping threads. I'm with KYPack. Noodle wins this thread.

Patler, I think you have been reading too much Harv and Justin. Brady has 3 Super Bowl wins and a MVP. He also owns the best single passing season in the post 1978 era. He is clearly above Aikman and close to Montana.

He won with mediocre pass catchers and then scored the go ahead TD in another Super Bowl in the 4th quarter with the best set of WRs in the league that season. He has done it every way except the Dilfer way.

Aikman was never this dominant and had a top five running game to complement him.

Brady teams in the first three Super Bowls were a notch below the Packers in 95-96-97. The 2007 Pats were better than all the Packer teams Favre has been on with the exception of the 96 team, a game I would love to see.

I'm not sure why this was directed to me, I've hardly even commented in this thread, other than the off-handed "I suppose so" you quoted.

Personally, I think it is somewhat splitting hairs when you start comparing HOF QBs one to another. But I think Montana was a uniquely gifted QB in getting the job done. It seemed whenever the team needed him to make the play, he mostly delivered. All great QBs do, but Montana time after time after time, from his college days through the pros, came through in the clutch. I don't think Brady (or Favre) is at the same level. Sure they have, as did Aikman and any other HOF QB, done it many times; but my sense when watching all of them was that Montana was "different".

More importantly, when comparing Favre and Montana, with the game on the line, very rarely did Montana commit a key turnover giving the other team the best opportunity to win, just because he was "trying to make a play." I've seen way too much of that from Favre. It is one thing to not make a play and not get the win; but giving it away in the clutch is another thing. I can accept not winning a lot better than I can accept giving it away in the clutch, even with the excuse of "trying to make a play."

As for Brady, if you read my other posts in here, I think you can see that I believe he will go down as one of the best, and will join the others in the HOF. Personally, I think he is closer to Aikman, Bradshaw, etc. and not as close to Montana and a few others. You may disagree, but again, it is really splitting hairs.

The Shadow
02-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I think it says a lot for a quarterback when he can win multiple championships with different editions of supporting casts - and beating teams of at least equal - or sometimes greater - strength is part of the equation.
There is a very fine line between winning and losing, and at many points during a season the right play at the right moment is crucial.
Montana and Brady have gotten the total job done over multiple seasons - and that's what the truly great ones do.
In all honesty, the only time Favre was able to bring home the bacon was when Ron Wolf assembled the very best talent in the NFL around him. Posters often accuse me as a 'basher', but I don't see it that way at all - I just try to look objectively at the big picture. When posters begin the "Win One For Brett" chant,
- demanding that players in line to draw a contract that will set their families up securely for life (Wahle, Riviera) resign with the Pack for far less money just to bring Favre added glory
- bashing the GM, the man most responsible for the Packer's resurgence,
for not blindly sacrificing cap space - and the future of the team - in an all out spending spree to ensure a Favre championship
and so on.....
I can't help thinking about the blown opportunity of the 2nd Super Bowl appearance against the Broncos, the lame duck panic throw against the Eagles, the six interceptions against the Rams, etc.
The laurel of somehow, some way lifting your team to ultimate victory consistently is the one glaring empty spot in Brett's formidable resume.
Montana and Brady are great quarterbacks.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Tyrone, I love your posts. But even you can't sneak a DJ Gallo article into a serious post without raising a red flag. DJ isn't taking this seriously, and neither should we.

Your wish is my command:

He is humorous, but the fact remains that he has not performed well the past 7 or so playoff games.

You can find truth in humor. Humor is usually based on pain. The pain he experiences from Brady effing up.

oh, and thanks for enjoying my posts.

Brady is hot right now. But add a few more years of not getting it done..and then you will have the inevitable overrated articles. They are already starting.

Even simmons has stated that he didn't deserve one of his mvps..just like eli didn't deserve his (his opinion). When a NE homer like Simmons says it, it carries some weight.

Oh, and let's not forget that it sure looks like NE was cheating.

b bulldog
02-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Just wondering, is a rating of 141 in a playoff game considered a good playoff game and also is Brady going to be compared statistic wise to the NFL average or Brady's average? Two totally different things.

b bulldog
02-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Last 8 playoff games, 82.5 rating, 66.4, 141.4, 79.5, 57.6, 101.6, 74 and 116. NFL average is 75.9. That makes 3 average games(82.5, 79.5 & 74), three excellent games(141.4, 101.6, 116) and 2 bad games.(57.6 and 66.4)

Partial
02-09-2008, 07:40 PM
And that is ignoring the fact that he is playing the premium teams in the NFL come playoff time. The best of the best, really.

pbmax
02-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Not directed at you Patler specifically, just the line of thought with which you seemed to be agreeing.

I think there is a clear separation between Aikman and Montana, even though both are Hall Of Famers.

And even if Brady never wins another title, given his 3 Super Bowl wins with less than Pro Bowl supporting casts on offense and an MVP year when he had Pro Bowl outlets, I think he has clearly risen above Aikman and is closer to Montana.

As for Montana versus the rest, I agree that he seemed to rarely make mistakes in close games. Not that he won all the time, the Giants and the Redskins could give him fits, but as you say, when it was close, he rarely had a mis-step.

He really only started to slide as he aged and got injured. He clearly wasn't at the head of the same talent in Kansas City. Time will tell if Brady can maintain that level of execution. He has the kind of talent on offense that Montana had in the second half of his 49ers career. We'll see.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Last 8 playoff games, 82.5 rating, 66.4, 141.4, 79.5, 57.6, 101.6, 74 and 116. NFL average is 75.9. That makes 3 average games(82.5, 79.5 & 74), three excellent games(141.4, 101.6, 116) and 2 bad games.(57.6 and 66.4)

You don't get called the best by being bad to average 62.5 percent of the time.

b bulldog
02-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for posting that rediculous comment like you always do, Brady was above average in 5 of his last 8 playoff games if you want to be that way :lol: . Weren't you the one that said he was bad in his last 7 or so :oops: :oops:

b bulldog
02-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Montana is the best ever imo.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for posting that rediculous comment like you always do, Brady was above average in 5 of his last 8 playoff games if you want to be that way :lol: . Weren't you the one that said he was bad in his last 7 or so :oops: :oops:

I used the data YOU JUST SUPPLIED. You just posted he was above 3, average 3, poor 2..or it might be ave 2, below 3. Either way, average sucks.

No, it wasn't me..it was DJ Gallo.

b bulldog
02-10-2008, 07:28 PM
I was fair with my first assesment but I knew you'd go negative so I went the other way. Played poorly in 3 of 8, I guess that is a tad different than having his last 7 playoff games being poor. :oops: It is fine and dandy to be a hater but your way off base on this one.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-10-2008, 08:49 PM
I was fair with my first assesment but I knew you'd go negative so I went the other way. Played poorly in 3 of 8, I guess that is a tad different than having his last 7 playoff games being poor. :oops: It is fine and dandy to be a hater but your way off base on this one.

I'm not a hater, but i do think brady is overrated. He is a system QB. There is something to be said for running the system perfectly.

the point is that if you are the greatest you don't perform poor to average 60 percent of the time. And, if he continues down that road...the critics will come out like they do for Favre.

I also am pretty convinced that the pats were cheating and that taints things for me.

However, i've never feared brady like I did with montana. You just knew montana was going to lead his team to a td.

Favre, while mistake prone, is more dangerous than brady.

b bulldog
02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
To what team, his or the opponent?
Good thing on my point of view that the "insiders" are pretty much on my side :oops: Pretty much all the top QB's of alltime lists have Brady ALREADY ahead of any QB currently playing.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-11-2008, 04:01 PM
To what team, his or the opponent?
Good thing on my point of view that the "insiders" are pretty much on my side :oops: Pretty much all the top QB's of alltime lists have Brady ALREADY ahead of any QB currently playing.

Still early my friend. Many years to watch his game get worse. He now has "choked" two games in a row that mattered, afc champ and superbowl.

And, we finally got to see the Brady Face, expect to see more of it.

And, when the pats get exposed for cheating..game over.

Favre: good one.

woodbuck27
02-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Brady is a great quarterback. He lost a game. So what?
Why are a few posters so threatened by him?

BIG TIME on that one. Tom Brady is a solid QB.