PDA

View Full Version : Goodell talks about the ProBowl

packinpatland
02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Wouldn't it be strange for it NOT to be in Hawaii? And to think of having it before the SuperBowl, minus SB players........that's just weird.

"He also mentioned a possible rotation of sites for the Pro Bowl. Honolulu has it on Sunday and again next February. After that, the NFL has no agreements with any venue.

"I think that's viable," he said of a rotation, "and that's an alternative, obviously. Hawaii is important to us and has been great to us."

He also said staging the Pro Bowl the week before the Super Bowl - without Super Bowl participants, of course - was a consideration. Any such change would require approval from the NFL Players Association."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3234049

MadtownPacker
02-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Instead of messing with regular NFL games the league should use the Probowl to showcase itself. Move it somewhere new every year places to like Tokyo or London.

packinpatland
02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Now that's a thought. Send a memo to Mr. G

BallHawk
02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Instead of messing with regular NFL games the league should use the Probowl to showcase itself. Move it somewhere new every year places to like Tokyo or London.

It's hard enough to get players to make the trip out to Hawaii, yet alone to a place like London where it's going to be dark, cold, and rainy.

MJZiggy
02-06-2008, 09:53 PM

It's hard enough to get players to make the trip out to Hawaii, yet alone to a place like London where it's going to be dark, cold, and rainy.

Madrid, Barcelona Rome, Athens, Vienna, Mexico City, Lima, Cancun, Sao Paolo....

packinpatland
02-06-2008, 09:56 PM

Have you ever been to London? Aside from being cost prohibitive......it's a fantastic place..........not dark, cold, and rainy.....no more than NY or Boston.
Wasn't there a Jerry Jeff Walker song about armadillos,... cold, damp London.....

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 10:08 PM
London is the 2nd most expensive city on the planet.

I have an idea, how about only having the QB Challenge. I loved that!

Scott Campbell
02-06-2008, 10:13 PM

Or the Robert Edwards flag football tournament.

packinpatland
02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
If London is 2nd.........is NYC 1st?

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2008, 10:19 PM
If London is 2nd.........is NYC 1st?

That is a really good question, all I can say is London is second.

Maybe Tokyo?

BallHawk
02-06-2008, 10:21 PM

Have you ever been to London? Aside from being cost prohibitive......it's a fantastic place..........not dark, cold, and rainy.....no more than NY or Boston.

I was born in London, I have UK citizenship. :wink:

I'm not saying that London is that way every day, but if you play in London you have a good chance of having weather like you did during the Giants/Dolphins game. Does the NFL want a game where scoring is difficult in a match that is intended to highlight offense?

Toronto, Mexico City, Berlin, Tokyo all would be good choices. However, London would definitely be one to avoid.

KYPack
02-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh yeah.

Move the Pro bowl to Vienna, Berlin or London in January and one goal will be accomplished.

There won't be a Pro bowl.

MJZiggy
02-06-2008, 10:51 PM
RIO!!

KYPack
02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
RIO!!

Rio could create a different problem.

Them guys might not come back!

twoseven
02-07-2008, 04:04 AM
I like the idea of having it the week before the SB. Would be a lot easier to watch.

CaliforniaCheez
02-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Without a team, Hawaii always gets to feel like it is a part of the NFL.

If international marketing was important, why not keep NFL-E?

London failed to keep teams. The Germans supported NFL-E more than any other country. Why keep forcing it in London??

Zool
02-07-2008, 07:34 AM

Or the Robert Edwards flag football tournament.

Brutal.

Tarlam!
02-07-2008, 08:38 AM
What Cheese said. London, I hate. Sorry PiP, our thinking on this is way different.

I just find London horrid, and it is punishmet every time I go there.

packinpatland
02-07-2008, 09:00 AM
What Cheese said. London, I hate. Sorry PiP, our thinking on this is way different.

I just find London horrid, and it is punishmet every time I go there.

In all likelyhood you may be right...........I've only been there several times...and I'll be honest.....on the company's dime.....so that might influence my opinion. But I sure did enjoy the pubs. :glug:

The Leaper
02-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm not a fan of London. IMO, it is one of the dirtiest and least friendly cities I've ever been to.

When they charge you $40 to see the Crown Jewels, then have a collection bucket at the end of the line...I can see why our founding fathers tossed their damn tea in the bay.

If you have the choice to see either London or Paris...choose Paris and don't think twice.

Patler
02-07-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm not a fan of London. IMO, it is one of the dirtiest and least friendly cities I've ever been to.

When they charge you $40 to see the Crown Jewels, then have a collection bucket at the end of the line...I can see why our founding fathers tossed their damn tea in the bay.

If you have the choice to see either London or Paris...choose Paris and don't think twice.

Aw come on! They serve cold, bland food and warm beer, what more could you ask for??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing London does have going for it is if you get a map for the tube, it is very easy to get from one place to another. Forget driving or taking a cab, unless time is not an issue.

BallHawk
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM

Is Berlin a choice? Top-notch city, IMO.

Tarlam!
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Berlin has very few direct flights to the USA, so you guys would have to go via Munich or Frankfurt. It is an amazing city and could easily host a Pro Bowl. The Germans would at least understand the rules and not only applaud when the field goal unit scores....

dissident94
02-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Just quit playing the game. Does anyone actually watch the game. No one wants to be in it anymore. Why go through with it.

Instead just have challenges. Like a QB challenge with the top 3 from each conferance. Each position could have a challenge with the top 4-5 from each conferance. I would watch that over the pro bowl any day